Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Yikes, what forced grimaces. Michelle looks very lined in this photo - and she seems to shrink ever more. I think her body is finally telling her what it thinks of her antics.

Quite a few of the younger boys seems very late bloomers, not really growng or maturing. For all their talk about masculinity, there's precious little of it around in that family.

• Love 1

Today appears to be Grandma's birthday.  Happy Birthday Mary Duggar.  We are all grateful for your godly example to the younger generation or some such.  Could you please get Amy under control?

Love the Duggars.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, louannems said:

I find it hilarious that a cake made with BOXED mix and BOXED pudding is actually copyrighted and we need JB's permission to pass it along!

Lmfao, like we probably couldn't look up the exact same recipe on a hundred different cooking sites. Hell, the Duggars themselves probably copied it off the back of the Duncan Hines box. Jinger couldn't even figure out fractions for baking bread, there's no way in hell they'd be able to come up with an original recipe on their own.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, louannems said:

I find it hilarious that a cake made with BOXED mix and BOXED pudding is actually copyrighted and we need JB's permission to pass it along!

Bake cake following directions of box. Open icing. Spread evenly over cooled cake. ™

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

*leghumper*YOU HAVE TO COOL THE CAKE? I WAS WUNDERING WHY MY CAKES NEVER TURNED OUT WRITE!!!!!111 */leghumper*

"I thew the mix away and baked the box. Am I doing it right?"

• Love 17
(edited)
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Holy crap, Spooge is Boob's doppelganger. 

It's really frightening, isn't it? As long as he doesn't grow up to be an asshat like Boob.  Hopefully, Benessa will wise up and run far, far away, and change Spurgie's name to a less terrible, awful, very bad name.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Jedidiah looks like such a tool. 13322153_928337833931693_611704845449248

He seems the type to actually run to mom and dad and tell his secrets (and his brothers), I hope the sinner twin beats him up on their 18th then comes up to Canada and hits the nightclubs and instagrams the whole day.. wheee. 

• Love 1

For some reason, when I try to quote the Jed pic, I get a quote from May 12th!

Is this the new family church, ie. the nursing home circuit like the Maxwells? I can't make heads or tails of where this was taken. 

Maybe earlier today at a nursing home's Memorial Day service? 

That looks more like independent retirement or assisted living than a nursing home.  I wonder what they were doing also and I hope they didn't inflict any of their "performance" or religion on people.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That looks more like independent retirement or assisted living than a nursing home.  I wonder what they were doing also and I hope they didn't inflict any of their "performance" or religion on people.

If you lived there, would u rather watch them or the Rodriguii?

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I phrased that wrong. My MIL lives in an independent senior living complex, and a good number are still mobile (even driving), while others are in certain stages of decline in which you'd see people with canes and walkers. This group appears to be ambulatory, so yeah, a place that caters to seniors who have downsized, even though they are still reasonably independent. My MIL's place offers a choice of lunch or dinner (same meal) every day, so they can take leftovers back to their apartments and eat the remainder later. 

I do imagine that the Duggars figured they'd find lots of WWII vets there; doing simple math, most of them would be in their late 80's at the very youngest. My dad would have been 88 this year and was too young to serve. I guess there could be some Korean vets, but the fundies really focus on WWII. One wonder if they'll honor the Vietnam vets at all when the time comes for them to live in retirement communities. 

10 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

If you lived there, would u rather watch them or the Rodriguii?

Or the MAXWELLS! Their poor nursing home residents all have walkers and probably need assistance to even stand up. Talk about a captive audience for Stevehovah to preach at. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
On May 26, 2016 at 0:10 PM, BitterApple said:

Jinger couldn't even figure out fractions for baking bread, there's no way in hell they'd be able to come up with an original recipe on their own.

Another way the Duggars have failed their kids. Fractions are useful for multiplying and dividing recipes. Makes me wonder just how remedial and inadequate their education was. Good thing Jinger shoots digital..without basic math, she'd never be able to use an all manual film camera or a handheld light meter.

How does Boob expect to marry off his daughters if they can't cook?

• Love 1

We all suspect that Famy is the "informant close to the Duggars" who spills the beans on stuff.Or makes speculations according to her info. 

How does that work? People calls a secret number and Famy answers and then blabs up a storm? Then she gets a check in the mail?

Doesn't Jim Bob ever wonder who the hell  "a source close to the Duggar family" really is? Is Jim Bob in on the deal, taking a cut and then feeds Famy info?  

Remember that BoobChelle do not trust their daughters alone with Famy outside of the compound. If Famy is getting inside info, it has to be from one of her cousins. And wouldn't it have to be face-to-face, since all phone/text conversations are monitored until you're married? The funeral stuff had to come from Daniel, and I think that the tabs made up the "regular sex routine" stuff up for clicks. Other than quiverfull sister-moms, who knows anyone else's sex schedule?

• Love 2

i didn't connect the dots there. Jim Bob is shrewd. He is afraid that Famy will sell info so they can only have supervised visits! Maybe Daniel is right!

I'm not media informed so I'm always wondering how these things work!

5 hours ago, Marigold said:

We all suspect that Famy is the "informant close to the Duggars" who spills the beans on stuff.Or makes speculations according to her info. 

How does that work? People calls a secret number and Famy answers and then blabs up a storm? Then she gets a check in the mail?

Doesn't Jim Bob ever wonder who the hell  "a source close to the Duggar family" really is? Is Jim Bob in on the deal, taking a cut and then feeds Famy info?  

I think it's more like Amy sends teaser emails to a whole list of tabloids. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Jeremiah has graduated from Alert Academy and he won an award for being an - get this- AN ENCOURAGER!!!  Of course, Michelle wore her eye-catching wild, floral print blouse that we all love!  She does not seem to have many clothes.  

At Alert, Jer learned to loath laziness and curb his anger.  He learned diligence and how to DRAW CLOSER TO THE LORD. He loved Alert!

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.duggarfamily.com%2Fmichelles-blog%3FID%3Daaf05fbb-baa6-4f11-a55e-cc507dc12b46&h=DAQF2WMUt&enc=AZNcAU4d-zdV9pijSHLjYxFWqLA-FpNIjX5iDJw9licoM3wYfA0MpI0jjD6qukinsmA&s=1

Edited by louannems
  • Love 2

So I guess now we know what the sinner twin's sins were. Not wanting to provide free labour for Boob and getting salty about being ordered around like a J'Slave?

• Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

So I guess now we know what the sinner twin's sins were. Not wanting to provide free labour for Boob and getting salty about being ordered around like a J'Slave?

The good news is that there must be a profound struggle going on in sinner twin's soul right now. All his conditioning  -- and there's been a hell of a lot of conditioning and it's ongoing -- tells him he's wrong while his mind keeps whispering, "You're right. You're right!" .... Hope his mind is strong enough to win the battle eventually. It'll be tough, though. The most horrifying thing to me about the Gothard cult is that the bastard was wily enough to create multiple systems to support power-crazed men in their quest to keep their wives and offspring under total control. And fucking Jizm Bob takes full advantage, of course.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12

Considering that Smuggar was fresh from ALERT during the very first special, I'm guessing sinner twin's sins were a little more threatening than simply mouthing off to Boob. Maybe he threatened to walk? Talk? Marry a Catholic? *prays*

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The good news is that there must be a profound struggle going on in sinner twin's soul right now. All his conditioning  -- and there's been a hell of a lot of conditioning and it's ongoing -- tells him he's wrong while his mind keeps whispering, "You're right. You're right!" .... Hope his mind is strong enough to win the battle eventually. It'll be tough, though. The most horrifying thing to me about the Gothard cult is that the bastard was wily enough to create multiple systems to support power-crazed men in their quest to keep their wives and offspring under total control. And fucking Jizm Bob takes full advantage, of course.

Yup, aaaaaaaaand Gothard has convinced Fundy headships, most of who are far less fortunate than the Duggars, that these controls are far more important than:

• Buying nourishing food
  • Buying kids a decent pair of new shoes that fit their feet properly
  • Buying health insurance
  • Tuition to attend a nice Christian school for a better education than home fooling with Wisdumb Booklets.

You know, folks, priorities...the kids starve for food, education, medical care, and a decent pair of shoes while that charlatan lines his pockets. How is this moral, particularly coming from people who wish to legislate everyone else's morality?

I'd love to see 60 minutes expose Gothard and ATI by talking to real people who escaped and hear the Gothard minions defend their Dear Leader and this way of life. 

• Love 11
(edited)
16 hours ago, louannems said:

Jeremiah has graduated from Alert Academy and he won an award for being an - get this- AN ENCOURAGER!!!  Of course, Michelle wore her eye-catching wild, floral print blouse that we all love!  She does not seem to have many clothes.  

At Alert, Jer learned to loath laziness and curb his anger.  He learned diligence and how to DRAW CLOSER TO THE LORD. He loved Alert!

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.duggarfamily.com%2Fmichelles-blog%3FID%3Daaf05fbb-baa6-4f11-a55e-cc507dc12b46&h=DAQF2WMUt&enc=AZNcAU4d-zdV9pijSHLjYxFWqLA-FpNIjX5iDJw9licoM3wYfA0MpI0jjD6qukinsmA&s=1

He shrunk and he looks younger. Mission accomplished. 

So, where is the footage of all the international assistance from this group of faux boy scouts? 

Wonder if the sinner twin would be the football encourager, or basketball encourager, if he went to regular high school. 

3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh Churchie, I hope he doesn't see this battle as good vs evil, but for what it really is, his will against JB. I'm gonna start a vigil for him. Fuck Jinger, free sinner twin. Hang in there, just before his 18th birthday all he has to do is start walking for 24 hours.. away from that soul trap. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Aja said:

Considering that Smuggar was fresh from ALERT during the very first special, I'm guessing sinner twin's sins were a little more threatening than simply mouthing off to Boob. Maybe he threatened to walk? Talk? Marry a Catholic? *prays*

The blog post confirms that Smuggar never attended ALERT. The shaved head was probably done as penance when he was sent to do his molestation punishment helping build a Gothard center from a building purchased from the owner of Hobby Lobby for $1. The timing matches, since Smuggar wasn't sent away for a year after his final offenses (he was 16, same age as when they filmed the first specials).

Maybe they didn't have the money for ALERT back then? (for Josh)

Maybe they didn't want Josh to spill the beans at some ALERT group? They preferred that Josh not start talking about his sins...although he probably could've gotten a job with ATI! 

13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The blog post confirms that Smuggar never attended ALERT. The shaved head was probably done as penance when he was sent to do his molestation punishment helping build a Gothard center from a building purchased from the owner of Hobby Lobby for $1. The timing matches, since Smuggar wasn't sent away for a year after his final offenses (he was 16, same age as when they filmed the first specials).

Thank you, Sew. I get confounded by the facts sometimes since they follow no logic whatsoever. I do remember that now. That makes Josh's head-shaving even creepier, since it was not officially fundie militia training. At least the Sin Twin can hide behind the learning of manly shit.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Maybe they didn't have the money for ALERT back then? (for Josh)

Maybe they didn't want Josh to spill the beans at some ALERT group? They preferred that Josh not start talking about his sins...although he probably could've gotten a job with ATI! 

Maybe Josh was the impetus to even start the ALERT program.  Boys need more propaganda to keep them on the straight and narrow.  I imagine Boob feels that if Josh had gone to ALERT, the devil wouldn't have have had such an easy time with the fortbuilding.

• Love 5
(edited)

And by extension, I guess we should assume that JD was so godly that he was in no need of reprogramming, but EVERY ONE of his sisters, down to Joy, was. Hell, I think all of the Howlers have now been to Junior ALERT. The only one that I am unsure of is Jed, but I have no doubt that the twins were sent on the QT before the Duggars started posting on SM a few years ago.

Edited by Sew Sumi

I think it's possible that they didn't want to send the twins together. They would have been away from home -- together-- and could possibly have made some plans. I think that nominally the reason would be that they didn't want them to be able to lean on each other, but would have to lean on God -- or some other Jesus related BS.

• Love 4
On June 1, 2016 at 7:09 PM, louannems said:

Isn't that just special/precious/neat? He learned to loathe laziness?  I guess he didn't have a "servant's heart" (translation: was reluctant to be a JSlave) and that sounds so hypocritical coming from Mechelle who hasn't lifted a finger in years.  I guess the "anger" he learned to curb was he called bullshit and then had the living crap beaten out him over at ALERT for daring to question/challenge Boob.

• Love 4
On June 1, 2016 at 7:09 PM, louannems said:

Isn't that just special/precious/neat? He learned to loathe laziness?  I guess he didn't have a "servant's heart" (translation: was reluctant to be a JSlave) and that sounds so hypocritical coming from Mechelle who hasn't lifted a finger in years.  I guess the "anger" he learned to curb was he called bullshit and then had the living crap beaten out him over at ALERT for daring to question/challenge Boob.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, he LOVED ALERT?  What other choice did he have? Cost Boob a pretty penny so he'd better show that Gothardly gratitude.  I guess his twin dropped a dime on him pulling his pud in the prayer closet.   It seems the Duggars can't control their kids so any time they show any spark, off to boot camp to have it beaten out of them. Makes me wonder what actually happens at ALERT. Does anyone really know? Since it involves breaking someone's spirit, it can't be all unicorns and rainbows.

• Love 1