Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They're not smart people who are capable of putting things into context, and they also pick and choose.

How many times have we seen Jill and Jessa going on about wearing their husbands shirts when pregnant bc they fit better -AKA men's clothing. 

Next point - OT men usually wore robes and tunics. Not pants. However, they seem to be able to move up 2000 years with men's fashions and accept pants as legit mensware. However, women are stuck in perpetual skirtdom, even in impractical situations. 

Just buy pants in the women's department, like most women do, and therefore they pertaineth to a womaneth, and you won't kill yourselves hiking or weightlifting. 

Bbbbbbbut...LEGALISM always trumps common sense and reasonable accommodation of belief.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They're not smart people who are capable of putting things into context, and they also pick and choose.

How many times have we seen Jill and Jessa going on about wearing their husbands shirts when pregnant bc they fit better -AKA men's clothing. 

Next point - OT men usually wore robes and tunics. Not pants. However, they seem to be able to move up 2000 years with men's fashions and accept pants as legit mensware. However, women are stuck in perpetual skirtdom, even in impractical situations. 

Just buy pants in the women's department, like most women do, and therefore they pertaineth to a womaneth, and you won't kill yourselves hiking or weightlifting. 

What about kilts? Are Scottish Fundie women allowed to wear skirts? :) 

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2016 at 0:35 PM, Marigold said:

Well, the skirts are a two fold issue.

1. Modest

2. Not wearing anything that "pertains to a man."

Deut 22:5  The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

I have no idea about Islam. Is it a modesty issue? 

Really late to this, but fashion has gone through so many changes, that at one time wearing leggings and tunic would have been menswear. 

Finally read through and this point has already been made. They pick and choose these certain-interpretation-of-the-bible-believers. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1
(edited)

There's a display in the Creation Museum, so it must be true! 

If you haven't heard/seen the Ham/Nye debate, it's a must. Nye toyed with Ham like (insert simile here). It was a thing of beauty and a resounding victory for Science. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
Probably time for bed. LOL
  • Love 2
(edited)

I live in Cincinnati, which isn't far from where that ark abortion (and Creation Museum) is located. The original plans called for a water park. Barf. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I live in Cincinnati, which isn't far from where that ark abortion (and Creation Museum) is located. The original plans called for a water park. Barf. 

How many people going through the turnstile just for the laughs. When is the busy season, 'cause it's no fun if fundies (and their delicious conversations), aren't included.

I'm surprised more fundies don't name their kids Fred, Wilma, Barney or Betty after that popular fundie Nat Geo show. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

How many people going through the turnstile just for the laughs. When is the busy season, 'cause it's no fun if fundies (and their delicious conversations), aren't included.

Even as warped as my mind is, I don't think I could go to The Creation Museum even if it was for "research", as I'd have a hard time just pretending to be respectful and keep my snark to myself as I saw those poor sheltered Fundy kids get their home fooled science lesson.

I think the ark might actually be kinda cool, since it actually was an archaeological finding. I'd still have to deal with Fundies.  Shipbuilding was kind of crude in those days and this was well before hydrodynamics were fully understood to design a vessel to overcome that sort of punishment.

There is geological evidence supporting the Flood as well, but after what the Fundies did with the fossil record (which supports the Creation story based on order of appearance), but they chose to mess it up anyway and compress it into 6000 years...LOL...how bad are they going to botch the science for the ark? 

Oh the Ark isn't the snark, it's the dino-dragon. How does that play out on the p-Ark? Were they unable to catch them and they were left behind, or did they catch them and they went extinct later. It does make an appearance in the creationist museum so, just wondering.  Also, how does the dino-dragon fit into Jessa's bible-believing-translation. I want to hear it from Jessa, maybe she can address that while making another 3 ingredient recipe. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Is it filled with real animals or fake ones packed cheek to jowl?

I read that it is going to have some kind of animal park. No clue what kind of animals it will house. Probably more like a sad petting zoo. 

Even as warped as my mind is, I don't think I could go to The Creation Museum even if it was for "research"

I went to one in San Diego in the 80s out of curiousity.  Many exhibits had placards stating something like "And Satan  made it look like these fossils were carbon dated to 2,000,000 years ago."  Honestly!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Even as warped as my mind is, I don't think I could go to The Creation Museum even if it was for "research", as I'd have a hard time just pretending to be respectful and keep my snark to myself as I saw those poor sheltered Fundy kids get their home fooled science lesson.

I think the ark might actually be kinda cool, since it actually was an archaeological finding. I'd still have to deal with Fundies.  Shipbuilding was kind of crude in those days and this was well before hydrodynamics were fully understood to design a vessel to overcome that sort of punishment.

There is geological evidence supporting the Flood as well, but after what the Fundies did with the fossil record (which supports the Creation story based on order of appearance), but they chose to mess it up anyway and compress it into 6000 years...LOL...how bad are they going to botch the science for the ark? 

I don't think they've ever found evidence of a giant flood or a giant boat. There is evidence that the story is largely lifted from one of the versions of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

I went to one in San Diego in the 80s out of curiousity.  Many exhibits had placards stating something like "And Satan  made it look like these fossils were carbon dated to 2,000,000 years ago."  Honestly!

When I was a kid, my mother told me that God make the fossils to test humans' beliefs in the Bible. That seemed like a lot of trouble to go to if fossils weren't necessary to begin with. Anyway, I'll skip the Ark and the Creation Museum, although I'd love to run into a gaggle of Duggars in public.

• Love 1

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/848120168654967/?type=3&source=54

Jessa and Spurgeon are spending time at the compound.  Jessa must get lonely while Bin is away flipping houses with the Duggars .

I wonder if Michelle gets after Jessa for being such a good, attentive and loving mom.  I know it sounds terrible, but my mom had 5 babies in 7 years, and she always chided me on holding my only child (at the time ), so much.  She thought I sang or read to him too often, held him too long, nursed too often, played with and just enjoyed him too much!  My own mom was probably jealous that I was able to, as she had too many kids and she was constantly cooking and cleaning!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't think they've ever found evidence of a giant flood or a giant boat. There is evidence that the story is largely lifted from one of the versions of the Epic of Gilgamesh.

I remember in the late 70s or early 80s, there was a big deal about a finding on Mt Ararat. That dinodragon is beyond belief.  Lawd have mercy. 

They could make it really cool, but it will likely turn into a sad petting zoo, where the ASPCA has to come in and rescue the poor animals!

• Love 1

Yes, in 1982, or maybe 1983, my Seventh Day Adventist Church held an all-afternoon(!!!) seminar on finding Noah's Ark.  The author of some book was there, boring us all to tears!  What I remember most about this afternoon (which was already after spending hours in church that morning), was me being admonished by other church moms for allowing my 3 yr old to quietly color and not forcing him to sit perfectly still on my lap!  These moms really loved To Train Up A Child and spanked incessantly.

• Love 4

What the hell would Jessa have to offer in those conversations about her day? She was released from Sister Mom duty. All she had to do was curl her hair and put on makeup. As for her being at the TTH now, I'm sure Ben drops her off after they've worked out at the warehouse gym. Heck, they had to be at the house before that, so someone could watch Spurge. 

Jessa has learned nothing, and is proof positive of yet another Duggar failure to launch. They'd never make it if Ben had a real job, they had to work out at a real gym (with childcare), and Jessa forced to care for her own baby the rest of the day. Good luck with that life, hon. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What the hell would Jessa have to offer in those conversations about her day? She was released from Sister Mom duty. All she had to do was curl her hair and put on makeup. As for her being at the TTH now, I'm sure Ben drops her off after they've worked out at the warehouse gym. Heck, they had to be at the house before that, so someone could watch Spurge. 

Jessa has learned nothing, and is proof positive of yet another Duggar failure to launch. They'd never make it if Ben had a real job, they had to work out at a real gym (with childcare), and Jessa forced to care for her own baby the rest of the day. Good luck with that life, hon. 

But-bbbbbb-but Bin is Head Toilet Scrubber at Duggar Enterprises!

3 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Lest we forget what these asshats have incessantly prattled about "purity," here's a quote from the book they "wrote" that's now been revised:

"Once you open the door to being alone and enter into a physical relationship before marriage (kissing, touching, physical intimacy), you are allowing your partner to unwrap a precious, special gift that God intended you to hold on to until your wedding day, and you're also creating a lot of guilt and distrust, and you won't be able to fully enjoy the pleasure of the sin because of all the guilt it brings." — the eldest four Duggar daughters in "Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships"

As quoted in this article last year.

Yeah, so they held hands and full frontal hugged - before marriage! OMG. So are they awash in all the guilt and distrust they created by those SINS?

The idiocy. It burns.

• Love 5

"Once you open the door to being alone and enter into a physical relationship before marriage (kissing, touching, physical intimacy), you are allowing your partner to unwrap a precious, special gift that God intended you to hold on to until your wedding day, and you're also creating a lot of guilt and distrust, and you won't be able to fully enjoy the pleasure of the sin because of all the guilt it brings." — the eldest four Duggar daughters in "Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships"

Not true. Just saying.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, they admit that they couldn't even follow their (parents') rules after all? Fucking hypocrites, but nothing surprises me about these lying liars who lie anymore. 

Seriously, could ANY mere human non Speshul snowflake live up to these rules, when the Duggarlings can't, and we know their own parents who made up these fecking stupid rules sure as hell couldn't? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, they admit that they couldn't even follow their (parents') rules after all? Fucking hypocrites, but nothing surprises me about these lying liars who lie anymore. 

Fucking exactly! Derick had girlfriends, Jessa had private convos, but neither would consider their relations worse off for this.

I'd say post Josh they are attempting to appear less sexually and emotionally screwy. Who knows if it's true. Jeremy is part of the effort too,

• Love 2

Did JB & M know about these unchaperoned phone calls Jessa & Ben had? Because in their book a sin, is a sin, is a sin.

I would think their relationship would be tainted by such deceitfulness. ;)

• Love 2
18 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

When I was a kid, my mother told me that God make the fossils to test humans' beliefs in the Bible. That seemed like a lot of trouble to go to if fossils weren't necessary to begin with.

On the other hand, he made our brains to trick us into relying on them. So I'm guessing this is a sort of a thing with God. Seems like abusive parents and spouses in this faith system can really claim that they're living in God's image.

16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Guess the idiot writer of this story didn't remember that each couple sets its OWN courting rules. lol

• Love 2
17 hours ago, louannems said:

https://m.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/848120168654967/?type=3&source=54

Jessa and Spurgeon are spending time at the compound.  Jessa must get lonely while Bin is away flipping houses with the Duggars .

I wonder if Michelle gets after Jessa for being such a good, attentive and loving mom.  I know it sounds terrible, but my mom had 5 babies in 7 years, and she always chided me on holding my only child (at the time ), so much.  She thought I sang or read to him too often, held him too long, nursed too often, played with and just enjoyed him too much!  My own mom was probably jealous that I was able to, as she had too many kids and she was constantly cooking and cleaning!

Eh, all we've seen so far is Jessa being a "good" mother for the cameras or social media.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Lest we forget what these asshats have incessantly prattled about "purity," here's a quote from the book they "wrote" that's now been revised:

As quoted in this article last year.

Yeah, so they held hands and full frontal hugged - before marriage! OMG. So are they awash in all the guilt and distrust they created by those SINS?

The idiocy. It burns.

Those of us with plenty of experience can assert that most of the time, there is no guilt around physical affection and sex before marriage, and it's enjoyable!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Eh, all we've seen so far is Jessa being a "good" mother for the cameras or social media.

Can't believe I'd defend Jessa, but she does seem devoted to her little baby. He's clean and happy and always looks like a new penny 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Can't believe I'd defend Jessa, but she does seem devoted to her little baby. He's clean and happy and always looks like a new penny 

I'll believe it when she denounces blanket training and hitting babies with plumbing line. /shrug

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

I'll believe it when she denounces blanket training and hitting babies with plumbing line. /shrug

At least she's good at keeping up appearances, but I hope what she meant by "raising her son very differently from her parents" was that she's going to denounce all of the above.  

She's got to work her way up to a FU over her upbringing, but since she's still on the teat of King Jong Boob until she and the Head Toilet Scrubber have enough set aside so that they can bolt from the compound ...she's shrewd, that one...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Those of us with plenty of experience can assert that most of the time, there is no guilt around physical affection and sex before marriage, and it's enjoyable!

Yeah, but if you don't make people feel really really guilty about absolutely nothing, how are you going to continue controlling their every move for the rest of their lives? You're missing the big picture here. It's not about guilt! It's about the great things that guilt can do!

• Love 16
23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

"Once you open the door to being alone and enter into a physical relationship before marriage (kissing, touching, physical intimacy), you are allowing your partner to unwrap a precious, special gift that God intended you to hold on to until your wedding day, and you're also creating a lot of guilt and distrust, and you won't be able to fully enjoy the pleasure of the sin because of all the guilt it brings." — the eldest four Duggar daughters in "Growing Up Duggar: It's All About Relationships"

Wait I'm confused - aren't you suppoed to not want to enjoy pleasure that comes from sin?

23 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

• Love 2
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Wait I'm confused - aren't you suppoed to not want to enjoy pleasure that comes from sin?

Duggars probably think if you got any pleasure out of doing anything that guilt and shame must follow in case you happened to like it enough to do it again. It says somewhere in the Bible that one only enjoys sin for a season (until consequences arise or you feel guilty and confess).

i wonder if Boob knows what he and his stunned mullet have done to their children is a sin.

On 6/24/2016 at 11:18 AM, Churchhoney said:

That's not a recipe. It's a crime against nature.

That is one cute baby.  Shame about his name.

Newsflash from Yahoo.  Ben and Jessa confess that they talked every night on the phone without being chaperoned!  Oh the humanity!