Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Fat Jokes

• Start Topic

I'm willing to bet that the comedian is in on the story line, and that we're supposed to end up cheering for Twit for standing up for No BS.  I'm also sure those of us here who watch will not be fooled, and still not cheer for Twit.  The story line is going to end up flat.  I can hardly wait.

• Love 14

It sounds like a setup to reenact the whole youtube thing with Nicole Arbour who got a lot of exposure for her "comedic fat shaming" video Dear Fat People, to which Whitney posted a video response.

• Love 7

So if I understand some posts here, it is okay for Whit to say I am fat and fabulous and I love my body, but other people here say "i agree you are fat and we are going to have to agree to disagree about you being fabulous" and we are body shaming? Let's be real here, she passed being fat a long time ago.  Any physician would classify her as morbidly obese.

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, CharGreen said:

Any physician would classify her as morbidly obese.

It's beyond morbidly obese, she was morbidly obese 200 pounds ago, at this point she is disabled by her obesity, she can't even engage in basic self care. It's honestly very sad to say again it's feeling gross to watch this spectacle of a pathetic woman killing herself with with this kind of delusion.

TLC is taking advantage of her.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I'm sure it's a setup to try to reestablish sympathy for Whitney. People are sick of her behavior so they have to try to make her seem more sympathetic again. 

I don't get it.  I'm sure it was a setup but the show spent the whole season so far painting her in the worst possible light and now suddenly they want to encourage sympathy for her?  And I'm not sure I believe they would be responding to the public being sick of her when this was filmed.

• Love 4
On 7/18/2016 at 1:32 PM, greekmom said:

Can I comment on how much I hate the preview with Twitney making fun of the guest on the radio and flipping the bird to the audience? So classy.

Please consider the source.  It's Whit, after all.  Give people enough time, and they'll eventually show their true colors.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, John M said:

It's beyond morbidly obese, she was morbidly obese 200 pounds ago, at this point she is disabled by her obesity, she can't even engage in basic self care. It's honestly very sad to say again it's feeling gross to watch this spectacle of a pathetic woman killing herself with with this kind of delusion.

TLC is taking advantage of her.

You know, I really think we in America (and perhaps other countries as well, too) have absolutely no idea of what "morbidly obese" means.  I found this: 

Morbid obesity is a medical term describing people who have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40, or of 35 to 40 with significant medical problems caused by or made worse by their weight. BMI of 40 amounts to approximately 100 pounds above ideal weight.https://www.google.com/search?q=morbidly+obese+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

So, a person whose ideal body weight is 130 would be considered morbidly obese at 230.  That's a lot of America.

16 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

People of all sizes can be lazy, entitled and crass. It is not an excuse for fat shaming in my opinion.

So true! But Whitney, already morbidly obese, isn't doing large people any favors with her less than stellar personal attributes. 

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 6

Could she shovel that cake faster?  Fast eaters make me nervous. My ex, who was not obese, FWIW, used to shovel food so fast, you could hear him swallowing it whole. It used to make me so nervous and anxious, I could barely eat.  She acted like it was a buffet.  Indulgence is NOT okay at her size, and excessive indulgence especially isn't an okay.

I am SURE Will's scale is wrong.  If I were a betting person and had the money, I'd put a huge amount on it.  Perhaps his scale is insufficient to accurately weight her.

Whitney in a pro dance competition. LOLOLOLOLOL

Can someone smack her around and tell her she knows NOTHING about dancing? Not form, not lines, not execution, not choreography, even if she were 100lbs, sister could NOT dance.  Can we stop coddling this notion in her?

• Love 24

This is only my third or fourth time watching the show, but am I the only one annoyed by how hard and loud Whitney laughs? And she does it over the most trite, unfunny stuff. Like when Buddy agreed to go to Karen's show and said, "I just wish it was for somebody worth a shit". Instead of snickering or smirking, Whitney does this gut-busting guffaw like she's ready to literally die laughing. I dunno. It's just a quirk that bugs me.

And, yes, the comedian definitely had Whit's number. She binge eats and she's surrounded by enablers. She also seemed to have better comebacks when she was home than she did during her argument at the radio station. She tried to come into that battle guns a blazing, but wasn't all that prepared. I also liked how she derisively described Karen as "skinny" like that's automatically a negative attribute. Girl, please.

• Love 18

Did anyone else notice that Hunter left cake on his plate and she shoveled in every crumb.

She's clearly lying to Will. Also, I'm sure Whitney knows how to manipulate the scale. FYI, if you put more weight on one leg or the other, you end up weighing less (I'll just go ahead and admit my love for all things food.) I looked up the scale. It says that it's accurate to 400 lbs but there's a substantial amount of product reviews that refer to it as inaccurate.

I love that Lennie couldn't be bothered to get properly dressed for this formal party. Every other man was in a coat and pants. He's hanging out in jeans. She definitely made sure everything was all about her at her parents' party with the flowers in her hair and the loud discussion of her fight with the comedian.

She likes to play the victim in her retellings of things that don't go her way. When she told Buddy and Lennie about the comedian and Will, it was all about how they were picking on her.

• Love 17
(edited)

Buddy's girlfriend looked really nice at the party.  I did notice that Lenny's beard is expanding.  He couldn't trim it down just a smidgen for this event?  You can probably see his beard from the back at this point.

Edited by Eldemarge
  • Love 13

For someone who claims to not like cake, she sure was shoveling it her mouth fast enough.     

I have to agree the comedienne had her number, no it's not cool to fat shame and it's also not cool to skinny shame either.   I have a growing hatred for Whitney because when it all comes down to it, she is all about herself and herself is a bitch.

• Love 21

I think this chick needs to give up comedy, cause she ain't funny and just go on the road with Will Power and PREACH!!! Preach this shirt to Whitney.  Call her on this BullShit!

You are not happy Whit. And none of this is fabulous. None of it.

• Love 12

Oh my lawrd!! Where to start?

Looks like Twitney’s brother is also an enabler.  Saying how he just wants to see Twit happy. Yeah, pass her another cake.

The excuses Twit makes at the cake eating are *sigh* excuses. We’ve been there, done that. It’s like watching an alcoholic make excuses for a drink. “Well this cocktail tasting will never come around again till  x time.. I might as well take advantage.”  She was shoving that cake so fast in her mouth in between bites “ no I don’t really like cake.” oh! I got try this one. Shove shove, faster faster.  Dumbass.

I can tell Will is really fed up with her. And her excuses she doesn’t have time to take photos!?!? Sure she’s so freaking busy with her once a week job.  Her comment on Will not trusting her? No shit Sherlock.  Will honey, Twitney is a waste of your time.

There is not enough brain bleach to get rid of Twit’s twerk during big girl dance class.

Yes Twitney, overweight, obese, whatever you want to call it, have food addictions. I hate vocal fry and I think the comedian being a comedian and wanting to push buttons, did push buttons (i.e. bullying) but she has a point. That food addicts and alcoholics are both addicts.  Man I really wanted to high five that comedian. She has the bitch’s number to a T.

My gawd, the convo between Yukon and Twit, that’s the most I’ve ever heard Yukon speak!

Again, excuse to eat crap at the party. It’s a special night. Uh huh.  It’s not YOUR special night you stupid girl.  She can hardly wear shoes and she’s wearing her stretch pants under the dress. 

I’ve gone from angry hate watching, to not caring hate watching, to she’s so freaking pathetic why the frack am I hate watching?

• Love 21
(edited)

Brooklynista, you called it. Nothing fabulous going on with Vitney. Of course she had a food addiction, she is 250 pounds overweight.

ETA, My parents taught me and I taught my sons to stand and shake hands when you meet someone. Lennie  did not when Twit was introducing him at the party. I know,  I know many people don't do that anymore, but it's still good manners.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 10

Twit "forgets" to send Will pics of her meals, but she mentions to everyone, every time she takes a bite, that Will wants pictures, and would not like what he would see.

The fancy cake inhalation, er, tasting.

The comedian, while not very funny, sure has Twit's number.

The way Lennie was dressed for the party...no.

Twit looked so pretty at the comedy club, with her hair up, and in a scarf!  No snark, she really was pretty.

Loved how pissed and absolutely gobsmacked she was when the skinny bitch called her out!!

• Love 18
46 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I was a little alarmed at the huge bites of cake she was taking.  I'm surprised she didn't end up choking.

That was just literally disgusting to watch. And I like cake.  She reminded me of so many of the 600-pound people, shoveling food in their mouths.  And it wasn't just a trick of the camera, or slo-mo....she did the same thing at her parent's birthday dinner. And the last thing I need to see is food plastered all over the inside of Whitney Thore's  mouth.  I don't even understand what that shot was all about. What she laughing, or just showing her food for all interested parties? I feel like I"ll  never eat again.

• Love 11

I feel for Will. The good personal trainers, the ones who give a shit? They take it personally when you don't hold up your end of the fitness process.  They only have you for an hour a session.  The other 23 hours of the day are on you. That's when the real work happens.  If Whitney can't do something as simple as take pictures of what she's eating, good or bad, then she needs to admit she isn't ready for change.  Let me have her time with Will.

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

Wow, Lenny couldn't even force himself into a pair of slacks and a decent shirt for Whitney's parents' 70th birthday party?  He just had to wear jeans and sneakers?  Sheesh.

You forgot the hat.  It's bad enough he dressed like that just being a guest but he was part of the first dance, where all eyes were on them.  Buddy's shirt wasn't much better.

After seeing next week's preview, Will is my hero !!!

• Love 13

The cake part really was ridic. So she claims she doesn't like cake, but practically inhales all the samples, and then wants to clean her palette for round two. But it's better that she's happy instead of being healthy, right, Hunter? What're the chances that her friends and family know that it's a lost cause for Whit to lose weight and have just resigned themselves to loving her until she eats herself into an early grave? I wouldn't be surprised if they gave up trying to get her to lose weight. It looks like Will is going to cut her loose next week; maybe the others will follow suit after realizing that getting Whitney to open her eyes, stop being so stubborn, and lose weight is virtually hopeless.

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

You want to know if your man gives a shit about you? Invite him to a function your parents are having and see what he wears.  Lennie couldn't be bothered to find a pair of Dockers? Some hard bottom shoes? At least take off the hat. Nope.  That's the way I feel about ya baby!

I was listening, but not watching as the party began. I saw some guys entering the country club dressed the way one would expect for such a function. When I turned around again and saw Lennie in jeans and still wearing a hat, I told myself this guy didn't care about her at all.  How rude. How rude to her parents. Even a guy who doesn't have a suit usually has a pair of slacks, a tie, and a white shirt. Jeez. 

And yeah, Whit. You got your a$$ handed to you by that comedian. I didn't think she was that funny, but I did enjoy her serious side with Whit. 

• Love 13

Why did Buddy go with her to the comedy club? Where was Lennie? If I were Buddy's girlfriend, I might find that a tad odd.

Way to hijack your parents special day, and make it all about you, Whitney.

I can't even see this show going for another season UNLESS it's a Dr. Now crossover show.

• Love 16
(edited)

As I've said before, Whitney's story is starting to mirror that of Ruby Gettinger's from the show she had a few years ago.  After her trainer (who cannot possibly be paid enough) dumps her, what more is there to say about her story?  She's in denial about the very foundation of her show: the fact that her weight is a detriment to her health and life in general.  At this point, we're basically watching an extremely overweight woman eat, cry, guffaw at nothing, and bitch at everyone around her for calling her on her shit.  It's no longer educational or even entertaining.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 14

Whitney looked like a complete slob at "work".  I dress better lounging around on my day off! Why does she always insist on wearing those sleeveless tops? The completely exposed straps of her sports bra were unforgivable.

I am so going to hell for saying this, but her massive arms really would look better covered up. I really  hope she uses a strong deodorant. 

That comedian really hit the nail on the head. Whitney is coddled by everyone around her. The no BS campaign is her ticket to not having to lose weight. What exactly is so " fabulous" about her life? 

My husband now refers to Whitney as the Snorlax. I find that incredibly offensive....the Snorlax is far more active than Whitney.

• Love 14

I love cake but I was disturbed by how rapidly Whitney was inhaling the cake, and by the sheer volume of cake.  A tasting is just that...a tasting!  A bit or two of a few samples.  It's not designed to be a gorge-fest.  When she asked if she could take home the leftovers, that made it worse.

In general, I noticed that Whitney takes HUGE bites and eats very fast.  It's pretty much on every episode.  Not to sound too psycho-babblish, but a little mindful eating practice would be a good idea.  Slow down, taste and enjoy each bit - don't inhale at the speed of light.

Sad.  

• Love 16

"I hate to be defined by a number."

Another delusional statement one makes when one doesn't really wish to face how much weight they've gained due to their unrestrained, gluttonous lifestyle. I hope she enjoys the gravy train, because I have a feeling it's on the road to derailment.

• Love 14

You guys, I can't even watch this with my full attention anymore! I just get so pissed off at her I can't even. I wanted to smack Buddy for also being such an enabler. If you saw the bonus footage of the episode from last week, they did show the visit to the chiropractor. He's a wuss. Big help. Not.

I wish some of the TH stuff the comedian said was said directly to Whit. I know a few people like her who are awesome at cutting others down and don't break a sweat. In this case I wanted more.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, RabbiBeth said:

I love cake but I was disturbed by how rapidly Whitney was inhaling the cake, and by the sheer volume of cake.  A tasting is just that...a tasting!  A bit or two of a few samples.  It's not designed to be a gorge-fest.  When she asked if she could take home the leftovers, that made it worse.

In general, I noticed that Whitney takes HUGE bites and eats very fast.  It's pretty much on every episode.  Not to sound too psycho-babblish, but a little mindful eating practice would be a good idea.  Slow down, taste and enjoy each bit - don't inhale at the speed of light.

Sad.  

Sorry to be repetitive, but that's how all the people on My 600 Pound Life eat.  As if they are eating furtively....afraid someone will snatch the plate out from under them before they can take another bite.  It's like they don't even have time to taste the food, but like they're trying to fill up their stomach as fast as they can.  Whitney makes every event a "once in a lifetime" excuse to eat to oblivion.

Edited by LocalGovt
  • Love 10

Listening to Whitney rant about how Will doesn't trust her, and she's 32 years old and doesn't need someone overseeing her actions had me shaking my head so hard, my neck still hurts. :-) Whitney has no self-control, and no ability to be accountable to anyone else, even the person she is paying to supervise her fitness regimen. She's disrespectful to him, she lies to him, she blows off appointments, she does her best to manipulate him with crying and whining. She has the nerve to be indignant about Will's attempts to motivate healthier eating habits!  She has the nerve to lecture him on his unreasonable expectations of her! She has the nerve to be offended by his decision to weigh her so that he can track her progress!  I am relieved to see he does fire her as a client. Competent experienced trainers who have the skill and ability to work successfully with the morbidly obese are not so easy to find. I'm glad he won't be wasting his valuable time, time that could be much better spent working with someone who is sincerely committed to getting healthy.

• Love 22
Just now, aliya said:

"You don't know me. I've lost 100 pounds."

OK, but what happened? Seriously. I think if anyone said that, and looked like Whit looks, the natural reaction would be, 'what happened?' Yet, she's so offended by people's responses. She doesn't get that it's no longer a point of pride when you've gained it all back and then some. 

Weight control is hard. I'm not shaming or blaming her for gaining the weight, but please shut up about what you did in the past. It no longer matters. It's what you do now that counts - and it looks like you are doing a whole lot of nuthin'.

I've got news for her...it gets a heck of a lot harder to lose weight as you get older.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, aliya said:

"You don't know me. I've lost 100 pounds."

OK, but what happened? Seriously. I think if anyone said that, and looked like Whit looks, the natural reaction would be, 'what happened?' Yet, she's so offended by people's responses. She doesn't get that it's no longer a point of pride when you've gained it all back and then some. 

Weight control is hard. I'm not shaming or blaming her for gaining the weight, but please shut up about what you did in the past. It no longer matters. It's what you do now that counts - and it looks like you are doing a whole lot of nuthin'.

Agreed about the 100 pounds she kept bragging about losing. It's really a moot point when she's roughly twenty pounds shy of 400...and looks heavier than that.

• Love 11

I think the people around Whitney enable her out of self preservation. She doesn't want to change. She doesn't want to hear any kind of constructive criticism or advice. All it takes is one look at the crappy way she treats Will, as the one person who calls her on her crap, to know that anyone who tries to help her is going to be abused and berated. Why put yourself through it if there is no chance anything you do is going to help her and the consequences are so unpleasant. So they take the path of least resistance. It's still a crappy path but maybe at least a bit more peaceful. 

• Love 11
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

I think the people around Whitney enable her out of self preservation. She doesn't want to change. She doesn't want to hear any kind of constructive criticism or advice. All it takes is one look at the crappy way she treats Will, as the one person who calls her on her crap, to know that anyone who tries to help her is going to be abused and berated. Why put yourself through it if there is no chance anything you do is going to help her and the consequences are so unpleasant. So they take the path of least resistance. It's still a crappy path but maybe at least a bit more peaceful. 

And that's fine -- if she has no intention of ever changing -- she needs to stop lying about it.

• Love 10

I don't know, but I'm starting to get the feeling that this is going to come to an abrupt end - like "Honey BooBoo" did. But not for the same reasons of course. But still a big crash and burn. And we may never know exactly why. Something's gotta give.

• Love 7