Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Little Bill Primm's Big Green Horseshoe

• Start Topic

Avi needs to put Abby and those two loser kids in a bag and shake them up.  How about an empty shipping container at the dock in Long Beach?  Annoying, aggravating, willfully ignorant and ungrateful wastes of skin.

• Love 4

So did Mickey's partner in the heist double-cross him?

Ray's going to be squeezed by the art dealer?

If they're going to murder an LAPD detective who was investigating the human trafficking business, you'd think that would get national and maybe international attention, with the feds breathing down on anyone around the Russians, linking up with the art dealer.

• Love 1
(edited)

For some reason the quote option is not working... so this is in reference to Abby and Bridget being sent to Lon Beac.

Please don't send their annoying asses down here. They are such a distraction from what can be a dynamic series. 

Edited by ethalfrida
quotes do not work
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Puddy said:

Avi needs to put Abby and those two loser kids in a bag and shake them up.  How about an empty shipping container at the dock in Long Beach?  Annoying, aggravating, willfully ignorant and ungrateful wastes of skin.

Ray's kids are the worst. The sense of entitlement, the disrespect, the ignorance, my god, someone please put them out of my misery. I can't believ Bridget and love how Abby calls him the pedophile, WTF? She sounds so juvenile whining about how she loves him, and he cares about her like no one else. I don't care if she's 18, if she pulled that on me I'd kick her ass, and then cut her off. She needs to sink or swim with that perv, good luck, and I wish her brother would just die, ugghh, nothing redeeming about his character. I'll give Abby a pass.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, BigBlueMastiff said:

Ray's kids are the worst. The sense of entitlement, the disrespect, the ignorance, my god, someone please put them out of my misery. I can't believ Bridget and love how Abby calls him the pedophile, WTF? She sounds so juvenile whining about how she loves him, and he cares about her like no one else. I don't care if she's 18, if she pulled that on me I'd kick her ass, and then cut her off. She needs to sink or swim with that perv, good luck, and I wish her brother would just die, ugghh, nothing redeeming about his character. I'll give Abby a pass.

And why were they fucking in his car outside her parent's house when he has his own place? Perv. That whole family is fucked up. Yet I love Terry and Daryll (they haven't shown as much despicable traits as the others).

So it took Teresa's threat to fuck Bunchy with that giant sex toy to get him hard?

• Love 3
Just now, tricknasty said:

So it took Teresa's threat to fuck Bunchy with that giant sex toy to get him hard?

I think this has happened before with Teresa, he still has issues from being molested, poor Bunch. Loved the scene with Terry and Daryll, and love Mickey getting double-crossed, good times.

• Love 3

I don't view this show with much of a sense of realism so it's not that with the kids and Abby. I just think their parts do not match the general layout of the show. The way they are written just annoy the hell out me. If they took them away and left everyone else it would awesome viewing. Especially Mickey's parts.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Puddy said:

At least Bridget knows what a hedge fund is..."Cahnah" is mind numbingly stupid...

• Love 2

Yeah the look she gave him was funny.

But they pull all kinds of favors to get Bridget to that fancy school, where she's seduced by Ken Cosgrove without the eyepatch, and now she doesn't bother to go to college?  She was suppose to be a good student at one point right?  So she'd throw it all away for a her HS teacher?

Thing is, there's no way to make spoiled rich kids sympathetic.  Can't think of a sympathetic rich kid character off the top of my head.  

The Sopranos kids were also widely hated by the viewers, at least those who posted online.

• Love 1

Thing is, there's no way to make spoiled rich kids sympathetic.  Can't think of a sympathetic rich kid character off the top of my head.  

Dating myself, but the kids on Fresh Prince and Different Strokes were likable (and you can debate as to whether that includes just the biologicals or the adopted kids, too).

And it must be nice to hang out and play guitar in Venice, living off Daddy's dime, does Bridget have a job?

• Love 1

my two observations from this one.

Looking back at all the kids I have ever seen on tv, and there have been some bad ones, Bridget and Conor are far and away the most unlikable and obnoxious offspring of them all.  Even Meadow and A.J. had their decent moments on the Sopranos.  But these two, nothing to like or care about them at all.

And lastly, ELO's greatest lounge hits!

• Love 5
(edited)
On Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 6:36 PM, crookedjackson44 said:

The show's toss-up question: who's more annoying, Bridget or Abby?

My vote goes to Abby. I cannot stand her. That said, Brig is closing the gap and Cahnnah is right alongside.

Edited by preeya
  • Love 3
(edited)

I didn't hate the way Meadow and A.J. were written and even Carmela was watchable. Abby, Bridget and Cahnnah are the worstly written characters since Dexter's wife.

...and I know worstly is no t a word...

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 4

Abby is just a complete, white-trash shrew. I don't have a problem with Bridget...I think her character "grew up" a little after the Marvin incident (she was way worse during all that mess). Conor is a little shit, someone who doesn't deserve to be pissed on if he was on fire.

If you think of it, Mickey is responsible for 90% of the problems on the show. For all the crap he has put everyone through, he should be banished and hated. Ray is the only one smart enough to realize this. Everyone else is too stupid to understand that.

• Love 2

WTF #1: Was Muncie scheduled to work today? If the lead detective in a mob case is late, wouldn't the cops check her house before Ray gets around to it?

WTF #2: Mickey ran a perfect job - except for the betrayal part

• Love 2

I'm inclear from last season, but are we actually supposed to believe that Bunchie is the father of Theresa's baby?  

Im with everyone who despises Abby and the kids. 

Terry and Darryl are the only characters I consistently like.  I'd like Bunchie more if his character was fleshed out more.  I get the molestation, but what else is there to him?

• Love 1

I'm liking S4 so far but what's with the soccer mom art dealer controlling the mafia contingency?  I feel they're reaching here trying to come up with something different besides a politician or underworld figure.  Love the dog though - glad they brought him back.  Looks like a Great Dane pit bull mix?

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tv hound said:

I'm liking S4 so far but what's with the soccer mom art dealer controlling the mafia contingency?  I feel they're reaching here trying to come up with something different besides a politician or underworld figure.  Love the dog though - glad they brought him back.  Looks like a Great Dane pit bull mix?

Kind of like Grandma in charge on the Armenian side, I like that it's a woman, but yeah, her cover is a little much. Also, she's not intimidating, if anyone has seen the movie Triple 9, the Russian female boss is no effen joke. Her description of how they train dogs in Russian prisons to abuse prisoners is frightening.

And on a lighter note, awww, I love that dog, too I was thinking definitely a bully breed, maybe mastiff/american bulldog/staffordshire mix...so cute when Avi came in and he was just chilling on the bed.

Edited by BigBlueMastiff
forgot something
  • Love 1

The spawn saying she doesn't want to pass on her genes is the first intelligent thing she ever said.

And the winner for dumb and dumberer has got to be:  "Get into hedge funds."  "I'm not gonna be a gardener, dude."  Yeah, Ray's raising a couple of brain surgeons.

14 hours ago, BigDfromLA said:

If you think of it, Mickey is responsible for 90% of the problems on the show. For all the crap he has put everyone through, he should be banished and hated. Ray is the only one smart enough to realize this. Everyone else is too stupid to understand that.

Should have let Sully finish the job back in S1...

Darryl was 100% right about Blazing Saddles, the best movie evah!  Nice comic relief in the middle of the show.

All I care about at this point is that nothing happens to the damn dog.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, cattykit said:

The spawn saying she doesn't want to pass on her genes is the first intelligent thing she ever said.

And the winner for dumb and dumberer has got to be:  "Get into hedge funds."  "I'm not gonna be a gardener, dude."  Yeah, Ray's raising a couple of brain surgeons.

Should have let Sully finish the job back in S1...

Darryl was 100% right about Blazing Saddles, the best movie evah!  Nice comic relief in the middle of the show.

All I care about at this point is that nothing happens to the damn dog.

Hedge funds -  best line of the season, so far.

I normally don't like Abby and the kids at all, but Connor just going about his morning and not noticing the dead body gave me a chuckle.  Of course had he noticed the body he would have been all psycho and excited about it.

• Love 3

You have to remember that Bunchy is not the brightest bulb on the tree to begin with and he was molested so his development was stunted as soon as the abuse began.  He reminds me of Fredo in The Godfather.  Nice enough but sometimes stupid enough to be dangerous.  His wife has her own ideas about things and I think that can make things worse for everyone from time to time.

Bunchy's past was not erased as soon as she bounced into the gym and then bounced on Bunchy.

• Love 2

my favorite part was actually Bridget impersonating Abby. such an asshole kid thing to do, but she did Abby's thick accent so well. I kind of loved it.

As for Bunchy and Teresa, part of me is happy he's found love, and part of me feels like he's in an abusive relationship (not just a BDSM relationship like it kind of seemed when she first came around as a Luchadora). I don't know what to make of them. She seems to legitimately care about him, but also treats him like shit a lot. And Bunchy is "special." I'm surprised she'd want to be with a guy like that.

• Love 3

Bunchy just convinced Ray to give him his settlement money....over $1 million. That made him more attractive to Teresa. It was very subtle, but if you go back and watch last season, her whole attitude about him changed AFTER she found out about the big settlement.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:14 PM, scrb said:

Ah, the problem is with the spoiled.  Bruce Wayne on Gotham is a very sympathetic rich kid.

13 hours ago, Ailianna said:

Ah, the problem is with the spoiled.  Bruce Wayne on Gotham is a very sympathetic rich kid.

Kill Ray & Abby and turn Avi into "Alfred", "Cahnah" would still be unbearable...

• Love 1

I, too, was surprised that Mickey's scheme actually worked. Well, right up until Ed ran off with all of the money. Pinkie is still waiting for his $25K.

On 7/11/2016 at 8:04 AM, BigBlueMastiff said:

Bridget and Connor suck. I know they're spoiled teenagers but I could not believe that Bridget got away with (1) fucking her boyfriend (2) in a car (3) in front of her parents' house and when confronted with this, she responded by (4) mocking her mother's accent and (5) talking about what a huge cock her TEACHER has. This is one of the few times in four seasons that I've been 100% with Abby. And as someone else pointed out, the pedo teacher has his own house where they can have sex so I really don't understand why he would want to do it in his car in front of her parents' house. Maybe Ray and Abby's next date night can be going over to the teacher's house and kicking his ass.

Connor has never been the brightest crayon in the box, but he has been so obnoxious and gross this season. Between what he said the previous week to Daryll and his ridiculous attitude this week, I wanted Avi to give him a good slap. I loved the looks on Avi's and Bridget's faces when Connor said he wasn't going to be a gardener. It's like they knew he was a dumbass but they didn't realize just how much of a dumbass he was until that exact moment. I also cracked up at how everyone dropped the body when Connor walked into the room and just obliviously wandered around the kitchen.

What I really found interesting in terms of character development this week was Ray and Abby being honest with each other. I felt like they always had that Godfather/Sopranos unspoken agreement that she wouldn't ask him about the specifics of his work, so I think that they already took a huge step forward when she insisted on knowing what was going on and he told her the truth. I'm glad that led to her finally telling Ray that she has cancer. Part of me understands that she needed time to process the information before she told him, but the other part of me hates that she kept it from him at all.