Type keyword(s) to search

Commercials That Annoy, Irritate or Outright Enrage

• Start Topic

I finally remembered the other commercial that just irritates me:

WARNING: TMI!!!

It's a commercial for tampons for women after they no longer have menstrual cycles, but for...'discharge.'

First, just ew. Because unless that 'discharge' is the same quantity and consistency of hemoglobin, it's fucking dangerous and probably uncomfortable.

I say dangerous, because of the TSS warning--Toxic Shock Syndrome. And wouldn't the risk be more? I don't know. I'm not a doctor or scientist, etc.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's a commercial for tampons . . .

Not touching the discharge issue, ha, but this reminds me:  I saw an ad for a tampon with a "braided tail," which is not a bad idea, but I THINK they suggested the braid did something . . . well, against the laws of gravity.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, candall said:

Not touching the discharge issue, ha, but this reminds me:  I saw an ad for a tampon with a "braided tail," which is not a bad idea, but I THINK they suggested the braid did something . . . well, against the laws of gravity.

Yeah, that sounded kind of suspicious to me, too.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

Yeah, that sounded kind of suspicious to me, too.

Oh good.  I thought I might have imagined that foolishness. 

Spoiler

And why bother?  Most women would just be happy for the extra couple of precious minutes a "braid" would provide.  Hey. . .!  Who wrote that copy?  Some man, I bet.  >grin<

• Love 2
On 9/19/2016 at 1:12 PM, InDueTime said:

I agree.  The singing is the worst part of the ad.  I can't hate on the baby for being a baby.

K-mart ads are amusing a lot of the time.  I don't know what they were thinking with this:

I'd bite her finger if she did that to me.

I saw this last night. I cringed. And yes, I might bite her finger, too.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, random chance said:

Food that is "forkable"? He talks dirty to his lunch and wants to spank it? Really? I don't even know what the product is, I'm too busy wondering if this is a real commercial or if I'm having some kind of a break from reality.

That commercial makes me dive for the remote in a way no other commercial ever has. I HATE it!

• Love 4

I HATE this Chrissy Teigen TRESemmé commercial. "They even put a big number 1 & a number 2 so you don't get confused" Errrrrrr, & then at the end she screams "with TRESemmé!" Why does she scream it?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, GaT said:

I HATE this Chrissy Teigen TRESemmé commercial. "They even put a big number 1 & a number 2 so you don't get confused" Errrrrrr, & then at the end she screams "with TRESemmé!" Why does she scream it?

Focus groups unexpectedly giggled at the commercial's first edit, in which she screamed, "I just did Number Two in my hair!"

• Love 8

So I can't find the link to the commercial, but it's for Nissan and their auto braking feature.   The commercial starts with a lady driving along and singing along to some song, and getting more and more into it and pretending she's onstage at some talent show or other and being so into it she stops paying attention to her driving and if not for the wonderful new auto braking feature, she would have plowed into some unsuspecting driver at a red light.  Hate hate hate. If you're that scatter brained and stupid, you don't need to be driving.  Stick with being a passenger.  Way to go Nissan.  That makes me not want to buy one of your Altimas. Which are really nice cars.  

And everyone in the pretentious Panera commercials can go DIAF.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, erikdepressant said:

Focus groups unexpectedly giggled at the commercial's first edit, in which she screamed, "I just did Number Two in my hair!"

'Unexpectedly'? That must have some other meaning that I'm not aware of, because I totally would have expected it. Of course, I'm twelve, and also not an advertising executive.

• Love 5

If I was ever forced to walk down the street wearing leopard-print pants, I think I would be cringing and walking fast with my head down

I may not dance (but then again I may...) but give me a good old leopard-print anything! The Jersey housewives don't have a monopoly on that shit--I prefer to think it truly belongs to aging punks/goths and fans of vintage!

The Chico's ad reminds me of those old school diarrhea/constipation medicine commercials, and how the people would dance happily afterwards because they felt so "relieved," if you get my point.  

This reminds me of the way my cats  burst out of the litter box and proceed to run around with a rejuvenated sense of lighthearted glee. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 15

The song annoys me so much because it doesn't rhyme. Who makes a four-line commercial jingle not rhyme??

I always wonder this, and about jingles that consist of only the product's name...just sung (Hot Pockets!). Who got paid for such a thing?

On 9/21/2016 at 10:25 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

It's a commercial for tampons for women after they no longer have menstrual cycles, but for...'discharge.'

First, just ew. Because unless that 'discharge' is the same quantity and consistency of hemoglobin, it's fucking dangerous and probably uncomfortable.

I say dangerous, because of the TSS warning--Toxic Shock Syndrome. And wouldn't the risk be more? I don't know. I'm not a doctor or scientist, etc.

Is this different from the product that is for, I guess, pinching off your urethra via your vagina so you don't accidentally pee?  It's for actual vaginal discharge?

21 hours ago, GaT said:

Okay, first of all, I hate this commercial because I'm tired of things being fucking "game changers."  Secondly, I don't understand why Chrissy Tiegen is famous.  She possesses no qualities I look for in an entertainer.  She isn't funny or witty or charming or interesting.  I feel like I'm supposed to believe she's pretty, and that it's significant, but I really don't.  I really can't comprehend why she's asked to be in commercials, or host talk shows, or publish cookbooks.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, janie jones said:

Is this different from the product that is for, I guess, pinching off your urethra via your vagina so you don't accidentally pee?  It's for actual vaginal discharge?

I never understood this product; how long are you supposed to keep it in there?  Does the danger for accidentally peeing go away? I would think it would always be there, and I don't think that sounds very sanitary to keep it in that long.

• Love 2
On 9/20/2016 at 11:46 PM, DeLurker said:

...memory foam eternal comfort casket liner

Seriously?

11 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

This reminds me of the way my cats  burst out of the litter box and proceed to run around with a rejuvenated sense of lighthearted glee. 

I always thought they were trying to escape the smell...

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Brattinella said:

I never understood this product; how long are you supposed to keep it in there?  Does the danger for accidentally peeing go away? I would think it would always be there, and I don't think that sounds very sanitary to keep it in that long.

I buy tampons for this because the ones they make specifically for this problem are too spendy. I usually only use them at night and not every night. They keep me from having to change undies in the middle of the night when I get a little leakage on the way to the bathroom.

• Love 3
On 9/21/2016 at 10:11 PM, Brattinella said:

I've been craving this stuff ever since I first saw it on TV.  Thank you for testing it for me!

*Now on to Cracker Barrel Mac N Cheese*

We tried it.  I thought it was fine but my husband didn't like it.  He thought the cheese tasted chalky.  He's no epicure though -- his favorite mac and cheese is Velveeta stirred into Creamettes elbow mac.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

We tried it.  I thought it was fine but my husband didn't like it.  He thought the cheese tasted chalky.  He's no epicure though -- his favorite mac and cheese is Velveeta stirred into Creamettes elbow mac.

Mmm. One of my favorite childhood memories.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:48 PM, janie jones said:

I don't understand why Chrissy Tiegen is famous.  She possesses no qualities I look for in an entertainer.  She isn't funny or witty or charming or interesting.  I feel like I'm supposed to believe she's pretty, and that it's significant, but I really don't.  I really can't comprehend why she's asked to be in commercials, or host talk shows, or publish cookbooks.

Well, I don't get it either, but whenever I hear this question posed, the response is usually:  "She's married to John Legend."

That sounds too stupid to be possible, but . . . I think Paris Hilton's fame stemmed from being born rich and Kim Kardashian's with a sex tape.  Household names!

It's a funny old world.

• Love 5

Chrissy was famous before she got married.  She's a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, a Price is Right spokesmodel and her Twitter is really funny.  She's a regular girl who happens to be pretty with a nice body.  Props to her for parlaying that into a fortune.

• Love 5