Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Talented Mr. Rollins

Still reeling from the trauma of Hanna's abduction and dark fate, the Liars must shift their focus to another one of their own. In order to protect Alison from Uber A's threats, the PLLs snap into action at a chance to rescue her from the hospital. However, in doing so, they make a deadly mistake that changes everything.

Promo:

Clip:

Are we seriously going to take a break from Ali escaping Welby/Rollins for a scene where Emily tries to ask out this coffee chick? High five to Alison for attacking Elliot though! That's the Ali I want to see.

On a shallow note, it has always bothered me the way that Aria pronounces "police" to rhyme with the word "fleece." It's on par with Bill Henrickon saying "princibull" instead of "principle" for five seasons of Big Love.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Are we seriously going to take a break from Ali escaping Welby/Rollins for a scene where Emily tries to ask out this coffee chick? High five to Alison for attacking Elliot though! That's the Ali I want to see.

This is the show where just last week Aria took a break from trying to save her best friend who only had precious few hours to live to run home and bang Ezra. So Emily putting her concern for Alison on hold while she tries to get a date with the cute chick from the coffee place is absolutely what I expect from this show.  I do love Emily's shock and disbelief at being turned down though. Bet that's never happened to her before. 

Is Aria wearing a red jacket in the promo? Doesn't that make her guilty of murder by the liars' standards?

• Love 3

So a play on The Talented Mr. Wripley -- Wrollins is a scam artist?  He's not really a doctor, but a conman who has killed the wreal Wrollins and assumed his identity.  So not at all related to Uber-A if there even is an Uber-A but just a scam to get the Carassimi Group money.  Or it started out as a scam but he actually fell in lurve with Charlotte and is now trying to get revenge for her death.  Or something.

• Love 2

I can't even with this any more. How many people are in on this new scam? Are they all just scamming each other?  Should I care?  I mean, over the course of a season and a half, Charles the forgotten brother became Charlotte the misunderstood sister and is now back to being the secret cousin, daughter of secret twin Mary who now has Charles' original backstory of misunderstood babysitter of death. So who was this bitch, and what level of incest are we even talking about any more? Can someone make a chart about the evolution of CeCe Drake's identity? 

• Love 1

I'm a little bit shocked it took the writers this long to bring in the Amish, since the show is in Pennsylvania. That just seems like a creepy thing they would have already used in the first couple of seasons.

• Love 4

So Aria was useful to the mystery for once.  So weird, she accomplishes shit when Ezra is out of town being lawyers working on book notes.  I wondered why none of them reacted to Wrollins' collection of Civil War surgical implements.  "These look like a medieval barber's tools.  Huh.  Oh well, lets look at his credit card statement instead."

Another "why didn't they react?" moment for me was Aria and Hanna discovering that Elliot took Charlotte to the Amish village.  What?  How the fuck did he get her out there?  Wasn't she locked up in Welby?  I guess she got out privileges there also, for reasons.

I admit I wasn't thinking about the burial scene when they hit Wrollins until the preview for the next episode.  Why are they doing that exactly?  A) it was an accident and B) It's easily explained to the police.  "We were worried about Allison, then we got a 'follow me' message, and we were worried so we followed it, and why the fuck are you questioning us and not wondering why Wrollins was taking his wife to the lake in the middle of the night when she's supposed to be in a mental hospital?"

Emily's work outfit was designed to highlight her breasts.  Suspenders over a white shirt.  I mean, I'm a gay man and I actually said "whoa".  Don't care about her and Sabrina that much.  She seems bland so obviously she's A.

I still want to punch Caleb in the nuts.  He came across as completely insincere, basically "yes I want you Spencer!  You're the one I have left over!"  DIAF.

What's the over/under on how many episodes Yvonne and Toby stay engaged, 2-3?  

• Love 4

I feel embarrassed for the show regarding the Caleb/Spencer romance--how many times do they have to reference "their magical night in Madrid?"  The relationship we are seeing on screen is not remotely magical or even healthy and I'm proud of Spencer for wanting more.

I kind of appreciated that the little Amish girl mentioned that she wasn't allowed to play with dolls with faces--the writers actually did their research. But now we know Rollins isn't who he said he was so does that mean he was scamming Charlotte too?  And good for Aria for pointing out that Charlotte still naming her dolls after the girls kind of shows she wasn't any better mentally.

If we thought that Hanna was having flashbacks from her kidnapping/torture before, she now gets to remember Rollins crashing through her windshield with blood dripping from his mouth--YIKES!!

• Love 5
(edited)

Wow the Liars solved this mystery in no time.  If anything the girls were too good.  "Rollins has blue contacts.  Wilden had blue eyes.  Rollins must have dressed up as Wilden to convince Alison she was crazy.  Its the only logical explanation!"  I mean more happened these last three episodes than in all of seasons 4, 5, and 6, so I guess I can't complain too hard.

As for the less important stuff:

The Hanna/Caleb/Spencer situation still sucks but at least they seem to be working things through and getting the story line over with.

Emily, I get you like Sabrina, but if someone turns you down, don't go on a long rambling speech about how she should give you a second chance, less than 12 hours later.  Then again it worked and was a healthier start than most of this show's relationships, so, once again, I guess you should not complain too hard.

As for Aria, I am sorry at least she is away from Ezra and getting stuff done, but there were so many times when I just thought 'how dumb can this girl be'.  Like stop asking Hanna about the burn marks on her back.  Or the scene with her and Hanna in the car.  I do not know what was worse, her being shocked that there is bad cell service in Amish country or the fact she felt the need to talk about how happy she and Hanna should be with their respective significant others (I know this last one is not her fault but god she was just clueless about everything).  Also watching her search Rollins things, could she have worked any harder to move everything around.  Ok sorry no Ezra, I will just try to be happy about that.

Edited by superman1204
  • Love 2

That visual of Elliot's head stuck in the windshield is the best thing I've seen on this show in years.

And Jenna was in the preview! Can't wait to see what she's up to. I hope she sticks around longer this season.

I kind of miss Jason. And the old Hanna. The Hanna of the last 2 yrs/seasons has been so glum/depressed.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I feel embarrassed for the show regarding the Caleb/Spencer romance--how many times do they have to reference "their magical night in Madrid?"  The relationship we are seeing on screen is not remotely magical or even healthy and I'm proud of Spencer for wanting more.

I kind of appreciated that the little Amish girl mentioned that she wasn't allowed to play with dolls with faces--the writers actually did their research. But now we know Rollins isn't who he said he was so does that mean he was scamming Charlotte too?  And good for Aria for pointing out that Charlotte still naming her dolls after the girls kind of shows she wasn't any better mentally.

If we thought that Hanna was having flashbacks from her kidnapping/torture before, she now gets to remember Rollins crashing through her windshield with blood dripping from his mouth--YIKES!!

On the Spencer/Caleb thing, it really goes back to a philosophy I learned on FRIENDS when Monica left a message for Richard her ex-boyfriend, "I'm breezy!" and Joey pointed out, "you can't say you're breezy that defeats the whole purpose and pretty much tells someone you aren't" or something. It makes me think their night in Madrid wasn't so magical. Stop it show, it's not going to happen and even if I dislike Spencer and Caleb, I feel like for people who actually wanted them to be together should be kind of insulted at this point. This slow burn of the end of this storyline, breaking up is quite painful. 

Aria does stuff when Ezra is gone. Why does the show high-light this so much if they want us to root for them as a couple?

• Love 4

Aria is such a better person without Ezra. It's insane how much more engaged and interesting she is when he's away. She was basically this episode's mvp--spying, snooping, showing genuine concern for both Alison and Hanna.  Hope Ezra moves to out of town permanently so Aria could continue to be relevant to the story.

I get that the girls' lives have to go on but watching them ask people out on dates and discuss their love lives just seems out of place when their friends are literally being tortured. This "most romantic season ever!" nonsense is ridiculous. 

Good for Toby and Yvonne. I hope their engagement holds up and Spoby is permanently done. Spencer deserves better than these silly Rosewood boys. 

Did Spencer and Aria just like switch brains for this episode? Aria was the only liar who initially thought Alison killed Charlotte and Spencer was all, "we don't know why or even if she really did it." And now Spencer's upset because Caleb is a douchebag and is back on the Ali's a murderer who ruined our lives" train, and Aria's the one thinking rationally? 

It was nice to see Alison fighting for herself instead of waiting to be saved by her friends. I like that both Alison and Hanna essentially saved themselves. That image of Rollins head in the glass was creepy af.

So Rollins has been making the masks himself? He's pretty talented, I'm impressed with his mask-making abilities. If his head didn't go crashing through the windshield he probably could have made a fortune in the mask-making business. 

Nice to know we can still count on the girls to continue to make the worst possible decision in all circumstances. Why are they trying to cover up Rollins death instead of just going to the cops and saying, "uh, we accidently hit this evil fake Doctor with our car while he was running through the woods in the dark trying to kill our friend?" 

• Love 7
(edited)

Can't Spencer and Caleb just hug it out and be like "we made and oopsie, we're better as sleuthing friends!" Can't we do that show!! No, we're going to ruin a legitimately healthy female/male friendship too. I don't even know how the two of them come back to this, although at least they are civil. And seriously "Do you really feel that way or do you feel obligated" - Spencer "I feel obligated..I mean..um..the first, I meant the first one. Heard from Hannah recently?"- Caleb. 

Hannah's full on denial. How she does trauma best. Never change Hannah.

I told y'all Aria is awesome when Ezra isn't around. Girlfriend went full blown awesome Spencer (Not crazy pants Spencer. Getting stuff done Spencer)

I love how Emily was like "she's in here with her supermodel girlfriend." Listen Linda, brownie girl won't be finding any girl hotter than you. Ever. Shay Mitchell is so beautiful I'm pretty sure she's not actually human. 

And I agree, why cover it up..when you know..Toby is a cop. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 6

Why are they choosing to ruin Spencer, Caleb, and Hanna at every chance they get? Spencer gave Caleb an out...actually, the show gave the love triangle an out. They didn't take it. Why? Because they want us to believe the love triangle is dead? Sure, Spencer broke up with Caleb, but this is all just a huge jumbled mess now. Caleb could have ended things peacefully. He's made to still look like a huge jerk because what if Spencer didn't break up with him? 

Toby's engaged, but you bet your bottom dollar it won't last long. 

Hanna's single and Caleb's single, and now it's going to make Caleb look like the biggest tool in the world if he gets back together with Hanna in the next few episodes. 

Ezria's already back together, so that's boring.

Emily's trying to bang Sabrina, but she's also still obsessed with Alison so I wonder which couple is going to win out there. Hint, it's not new chick.

Elliot is dead. You know, I really wanted them to hear his British accent before he died, so that's disappointing. That last shot was great, even though Shay's choice in smiling in that one shot drove me bananas. Hanna's going to be pretty messed up this season, that's for sure. 

• Love 2

For some reason I thought Toby had been engaged all along since the fast forward.

Spencer attempting to blame Hannah for not meaning the Caleb go ahead was ridiculous. Spencer didn't care if Hannah gave the go ahead or not, now she's shocked Caleb's in love with Hannah and only likes her? That's how it always was. Spencer should have known more than anyone what she was getting into and leave her so-called best friend to deal with the issues with Caleb before jumping into things with him.

Another Emily relationship? Yawn. Seeing Emily and Toby together made me remember season 1 when they were always interacting. I missed seeing them together. Emily was always his BFF.

Yay Elliott's dead and they figured it all out before Hannah hit him. I guess they'll bury him and lie about it. 

• Love 3

Alison just standing there at the end, hospital gown fluttering in the fog, like a boss bitch ghost, was EVERYTHING.

I loved when Aria and Hanna found out some random tiny Amish girl had dolls of them that a dead stalker gave her, and they were just like ahh yes I see, well, but have you seen anything OUT OF THE ORDINARY though.

I did appreciate the fine return to form with the evidence tampering this episode. Way to keep it real, Aria. Hopefully when they bury Rollins, they remember to dig no deeper than 18 inches or so, in the finest Rosewood buried-alive tradition. Either that, or push the car with his body inside into the shallow end of a lake, or bury him in Spencer's yard, or leave the shovels at the scene covered in fingerprints.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Rollins embedded in that windshield was pretty funny --  and then when the camera panned back his body was so perfectly lined up on the hood.

At no point did any of the PLLs go "hey look, there's Alison" before Rollins even appeared. I like how Rollins just stood there like an idiot in the headlights to get hit by the car.

Hannah has injuries and PTSD but she doesn't want to talk about it.  Though I did enjoy Hannah's top.

Alison is not the Hulk, so how did she get out of those bed restraints ?

Once Elliott dopes her up again, he only does her arm restraints before putting on the Hannibal Lecter style mask (that is never seen again)

Emily gets shot down by the Barista -- wow, actual consequences from previous bad decisions.  I don't believe it.

Seriously, another doctor is OK with a doctor treating his wife -- like that happens everyday ?  Unlkely.  I guess its a moot point now.

When the camera panned down on Yvonne, I expected it to show that she was pregnant.

That had to be the cleanest barn in the history of mankind.

• Love 2

Emily's trying to bang Sabrina, but she's also still obsessed with Alison so I wonder which couple is going to win out there. Hint, it's not new chick.

I wish it was the new girl, only because Emison is awful. 

I really, really dislike Spencer this season. I know we all think Caleb is being a jerk, but regardless, they've kind of improved Hanna a bit from last season but Spencer they have flat out ruined. She's just not the Spencer I know and loved. I want the Spencer that was in Hannas dream two weeks ago. Hanna had it right then. It was awesome sauce Spencer without bangs. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SadieT said:

Nice to know we can still count on the girls to continue to make the worst possible decision in all circumstances. Why are they trying to cover up Rollins death instead of just going to the cops and saying, "uh, we accidently hit this evil fake Doctor with our car while he was running through the woods in the dark trying to kill our friend?" 

I can't believe that we are all the way back to season 1 with this crap. The reason for all the coverups & lying was because they were accidentally involved in blinding Jenna & didn't tell the cops rights away. Now they accidentally kill someone & they are going to cover it up again. We just keep getting the same story over & over again.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, GaT said:

I can't believe that we are all the way back to season 1 with this crap. The reason for all the coverups & lying was because they were accidentally involved in blinding Jenna & didn't tell the cops rights away. Now they accidentally kill someone & they are going to cover it up again. We just keep getting the same story over & over again.

So.. I guess we can say the girls suffer from insanity-doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. That or the writers do.

• Love 4

I guess Rollins wasn’t aware that at one point or another, every resident of Rosewood has tried to kill Alison, most of them in a single never-ending night, and no one has succeeded, so why did he think he’d be able to accomplish such a feat? 

Oh and another thing... I know Aria was infinitely more useful this episode than usual but what was with her taking a picture of each individual vial? It’s 2016, possibly 2017 in PLL-verse, you can zoom in on a photo on your phone. Take one picture and zoom in on each vial to read the label after you’re safely out of the home of the deranged doctor who’s torturing your friend. And then she goes and puts the key back in the wrong light. I can’t really fault her too much for that because she was getting the most done this episode, but first rule of snooping: put everything back where it belongs!  

It’d be funny if after the girls bury Rollins and Alison officially gets released from Welby, she just strolls up to the police and turns them all in for murder. Because you know if she was driving the car that killed Rollins, they'd turn on her in a second. 

• Love 7
(edited)

First I need to bitch about the fact that we're in S7 but obviously they still haven't learned the basics. Aria went into Ali's house with the express purpose of snooping through Elliot's locked trunk and SHE DIDN'T BRING GLOVES. Nope, she just touched everything with her bare hands leaving fingerprints on everything. Secondly, she put the key back in the wrong place. You know if Spencer had been the one inside the house doing all the Spencering, she would have put everything back within a millimeter of its original position.

I am conflicted about Spencer's reaction to Caleb. On the one hand, I applaud anyone who refuses to settle for not being loved as they want to be loved. You shouldn't stay in a relationship just because you love the other person. You need to be treated as you want to be treated. On the other hand, didn't Spencer and Caleb just start dating? They said in this episode that Ali and Wrollins had only been officially dating for a week before they got married. Isn't that around the same time that Spencer and Caleb first hooked up? And Aria mentioned that she's spent a lot of time with Ezra over the past few weeks (which is what I assume the timeline is since the time jump when all the girls returned to Rosewood). I get Spencer being hurt that Caleb likes her but she LOVES him, but at the same time, dude, give it a little bit of time. Despite knowing each other for a long time, they've only been dating a short while. If he isn't at the love stage yet, that's totally understandable. I know people who dated for over a year before they were ready to say, "I love you." To be honest, I think Spencer's reaction was more about finding out that Toby & Yvonne just got engaged + finding out that Caleb and Hanna kissed + Spencer just wanting things with Caleb to happen on her timeline (meaning she's realized that she loves him so he should now love her in return).

Although I felt bad for Aria when Hanna snapped at her (because we know that Aria was sincerely concerned about Hanna), I loved that as soon as Aria said she and Liam had broken up, Hanna immediately turned off the car and asked if she was okay. Hanna has major PTSD but she was still aware and concerned enough to make sure that Aria was okay.

It makes me sad to see the girls keeping secrets from each other. There was a time when they would have told each other about their breakups right away, but Hanna and Aria kept both of theirs to themselves. Aria only admitted it after Hanna asked about Liam, but at least she did admit it. Hanna, on the other hand, is still pretending to be engaged to Jordan. And dude! In the last episode she handed the ring back to him but in this episode she still had it. I guess we're supposed to assume that Jordan is so rich/nice that he told her to keep it.

Loved that Alison tried to escape not once but TWICE in the same episode. That is the Alison I want to see: tenacious, wily, and resourceful. I know she has already realized that Elliot is a creepy creeper who creeps, but she is going to be even more pissed when she finds out that he was secretly dating Charlotte. She really needs a good therapist (but not Dr. Anne).

Because my OCD requires me to pause the screen to scrutinize things, these are the drugs that Aria took picture of (great job getting your fingerprints on the bottles!):
butabarbital
dihydromorphali- (couldn't find an exact match but I found hydromorphine
diphenhydramine/antihistamine allergy relief, night time formula
celoamphetamine

Elliot's secret family recipe for homemade lifelike masks:
1 cup cold water
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1 packet plain gelatin
1 teaspoon solid coconut oil

Purchases listed on Elliot's credit card statement:
Debiasio's Ital 42.87
Roewood Grocer 37.15
Neilans 62.57
Amish Bed & Breakfast 258.27
Gas Co 63.29
Applerose Grille 13.08
Coughman Pharm 27.59

Elliot's mask recipe makes no sense to me. Coconut oil is solid below 72 degrees. Any warmer than that and it's liquid. If you drop cold/solid coconut oil into cold water (as the recipe calls for) then the coconut oil will never mix with the rest of the ingredients. You would just have a blob of coconut oil floating in the cold water.

Now we know that Elliot's real name wasn't even Elliot, but why would he steal the identity of an old man in Pennsylvania? And how would that even work if he's a doctor who needs to be licensed to practice? How long ago did he steal this guy's SSN? Obviously it started before Charlotte was his patient (since Charlotte and Ali knew him as Elliot) so why did he come to the United States in the first place and pretend to be American and use someone else's name? When he took Ali to what he said was his family's farm, how did he explain having no family there? They're all dead so I just gave all of our land to these nice Amish people? Because we lived in Amish country but we weren't Amish!

I admit I wasn't thinking about the burial scene when they hit Wrollins until the preview for the next episode.  Why are they doing that exactly?  A) it was an accident and B) It's easily explained to the police.  "We were worried about Allison, then we got a 'follow me' message, and we were worried so we followed it, and why the fuck are you questioning us and not wondering why Wrollins was taking his wife to the lake in the middle of the night when she's supposed to be in a mental hospital?"

For me, this is one of the more understandable things they have done. Years of dealing with Rosewood PD has taught them several things:
(1) Like Sunnydale, the Rosewood police are deeply stupid
(2) You can get away with murder and the police will never even question you
(3) Meanwhile the RPD will interrogate the PLLs relentlessly whenever a crime occurs

Despite the fact that Toby is a police officer, they know that they can't trust the rest of the police department or the courts in Rosewood. I'm not saying that burying Elliot in the woods is the smartest idea, but I understand why they think going to the police will just get them in trouble again.

On the Spencer/Caleb thing, it really goes back to a philosophy I learned on FRIENDS when Monica left a message for Richard her ex-boyfriend, "I'm breezy!" and Joey pointed out, "you can't say you're breezy that defeats the whole purpose and pretty much tells someone you aren't" or something. It makes me think their night in Madrid wasn't so magical.

ITA - whenever someone has to specifically tell you that they are smart/hot/chill, it usually means the exact opposite. If you are smart or the night was magical, people already know. But for you:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 7

You know, that wasn't half bad. I can't remember the last time I said that. I actually tensed up a bit when Aria snooped inside Rollins trunk even though I knew she wasn't gonna get caught in an episode 3. I still didn't pay attention to the romance nonsense, but the mystery nonsense was, if not good, at least pretty entertaining for once. Rollins through the front window was even awesome!

• Love 4

Better episode than what we've seen so far this season, added bonus: no Ezra and Ezria. The second Hanna was seen driving you just knew she was going to hit someone. So glad it was that bland-ass Rollins. My fave scene was Ali slowly walking back to the car, looking at her now-dead creep of a husband with his head stuck in the windshield, lit by the headlights as her hospital gown gently moved with the wind.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

My fave scene was Ali slowly walking back to the car, looking at her now-dead creep of a husband with his head stuck in the windshield, lit by the headlights as her hospital gown gently moved with the wind.

The way she so casually strolled around the scene I was half expecting a close up of her with an evil 'Muahaha I planned this all along, bitches' grin plastered on her face, which would make sense on a show that makes no sense. 

Edited by joelene
  • Love 4

A couple of thoughts:

- Ali lightly jogging past the screen was neatly reminiscent of every other time she's lightly jogged past the screen, especially backlit by the headlights of a car.
- Why on Earth will Ali be calling herself Mrs. Rollins once "he's coming"?

• Love 4

Why can't I quit you show?! I feel just as dumb as the Liars actions over these seven seasons. 

Nothing in this show makes sense so I'm expecting the ending to make ZERO sense.

-So other doctors know that Dr. Rollins is treating his WIFE? Okay.

-I find it odd that all four of them are so focused on their love lives when their lives are in danger. I mean, I broke up with a dude a few months ago because he was all "wahh, you no pay attention to me." and I'm like... "yeah, on the list of shit I've got going on you're not even in the top five." and I don't even have a murderous-torture-loving-mask-making-maniac after me!

-Aria without Ezra always makes any episode better.

-I hate Spencer's bangs. HATE. and I'm assuming these bangs are the reason for her personality change.

-Why are we assuming Alison killed Charlotte? Is this still an open police investigation? Why are they still in Rosewood? Jason hears his sister is in a psych ward and does nothing? Doesn't Alison have a father who is alive and well or is he apart of the mounting body count on this show (serious question, I can't keep track.)? Hanna goes missing for a few days and no concerned scene from Ashley? Lies. Doesn't anyone on these shows know it's 100% okay to be SINGLE or better yet that high school romances don't last forever? 

On a completely shallow note, it seems like the show was prettier (heh) in earlier seasons; now I just want to fire all of makeup and wardrobe.

Please be the last season. Let me go in peace.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I just find it so depressing at every one of these girls is getting sucked back into her high school romance. Has not one of them matured in the past 5 years?

Nope. If anything they've regressed badly. Not only romantic wise, but now they are back to doing stupid things by messing with evidence again and covering up murders and crimes. 

• Love 5

I remember when they introduced this new non-Radley mental health facility after the Charlotte was Charles is A reveal. Marlene took to the internet to explain that this was a modern facility and that Charlotte would finally be able to get the help she needs there. Now, of course, this new facility is allowing a Doctor to treat his wife, oh, and he was taking his patient out to go on romantic weekends. So now it's basically just Radley without the atmosphere.

5 hours ago, joelene said:

The way she so casually strolled around the scene I was half expecting a close up of her with an evil 'Muahaha I planned this all along, bitches' grin plastered on her face, which would make sense on a show that makes no sense. 

I was expecting her to stroll up and pull off her Alison mask, revealing that she's been Charlotte all along ...

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Perfect Xero said:

So now it's basically just Radley without the atmosphere.

The only good thing about Radley was the atmosphere!

And how do we know they didn't hit some rando in a Wrollins mask? I mean, dude makes a damned good mask. Maybe he got some random patient to put one on and wander around in the dark. Did the girls pull at his face to make sure it was him? I don't think they did. (I could be wrong. I barely watch anymore and rely heavily on the recaps to know what I watched just the night before.)

Any Emily is stunning. That she would refer to anyone else as a "supermodel girlfriend" or whatever she called that clearly less stunning ex is heartbreaking.

So over the Season of Romance. (considering I no longer like any of the pairings, way to ruin Haleb (my favorite pairing, really the only pairing I could tolerate until Spaleb...which managed to also get ruined) Good job show!

• Love 3

Is anyone going to miss Rollins? Yes, didn't think so. Talk about a useless character played by a talentless actor. His evil plot was so transparent even Spencer and company solved it in practically no time. Was he deaf and blind to not hear and see the coming car in the dark woods almost literally a mile away? I hereby nominate him for a Darwin award.

Of course, the consequence will obviously be the girls burying his body for no reason whatsoever because the writers cannot come up with any "dark secrets" for them that make any sense.

Emily is obsessed with saving Alison... but only when Sabrina is not around. My conclusion - Emily needs to get laid, pronto. For a second there I was worried that Rosewood is no longer the magical town where every second woman is a (gorgeous) lesbian who wants to hook up with Emily but it seems the magic still holds. And I really wish shows would stop using the old "He/she kissed me but isn't really my boyfriend/girlfriend" routine, it's such a contrived way of delaying the inevitable.

This episode wasn't terrible, don't get me wrong, especially compared to the rest of seasons 5-7 but this Elliot storyline ended way too quickly and "most romantic season" shenanigans need to stop. Caleb, just pick Hanna, Spencer, Toby or whoever and stop talking with Spencer as if you two have been together for decades. Toby sure lucked out with this incredibly sexy Yvonne but you just know he will be pining after Spencer and she after him because Marlene thinks that is so "romantic".

• Love 4
11 hours ago, DigitalCount said:

- Why on Earth will Ali be calling herself Mrs. Rollins once "he's coming"?

That is the stupidest thing -- why would she want to be at all associated with him or his last name after he tortured and imprisoned her ?

• Love 3
(edited)

-

20 minutes ago, fitzcarraldo said:

They had no idea they were doing this Wrollins plot when they filmed that, no doubt.

Above,agreed. This however will not exclude it being used in some stupid way and being shot different or the what have you. Because... Charlotte, you guys. Remember when Ali and Toby had  a heated fight while he was all doo=-ragged -up that really happened when they were younger than how they looked at 15! They weren't teens, they were kids. And Charlotte totally stalked Jason at Rosewood high and got her picture taken and put in the yearbook and got homecoming queen despite never ever being a student there. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5

It would not surprise me if they still meant to kill Alison at that point/before the backlash. It is irritating to me that I still want better than this by this point because my god, why did they flash forward with NO FREAKING STORY PLANNED?! That is how I am taking this Wrollins thing. All they knew was romances were rebooted. Uggggh.

• Love 1

Jason hears his sister is in a psych ward and does nothing?

Spencer said he's in Ethiopia so he can't get back right away. I can attest to the fact that it's an entire day of travel (the flight from Addis Ababa to New York is over 14 hours plus customs plus another flying or driving from NY to Pennsylvania - and that's once Jason books a flight and gets from wherever he is in Ethiopia to the airport).

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

That is the stupidest thing -- why would she want to be at all associated with him or his last name after he tortured and imprisoned her ?

This actually makes some sense based on the preview, I mean, not really in the bigger picture, but since the girls are inexplicably covering up Rollins's death for whatever plot induced reason Alison is going to maintain the image of a happy wife whose husband is missing.

3 hours ago, SadieT said:

^ watch that classroom "he's coming" flash forward scene be a dream Alison has next week. That or it'll never be addressed again. 

It's a fake-out, they're just planning a surprise Welcome Back/Good News, That Girl You Dated Who You Thought Was Your Sister Turned Out To Actually Be Your Cousin Instead! party for Jason, but he's arrived early and they need to hurry so the surprise doesn't get ruined ...

• Love 4
(edited)

Spencer said he's in Ethiopia so he can't get back right away.

Yes but he can call his lawyer and even the dumbest of lawyers would be able to have Alison released in no time because Rollins broke just about every regulation there is. His plan was ridiculous on so many levels:

- Alison is a well-known figure in Rosewood and any scandal involving her would draw a lot of attention.

- Her friends and her family have all the reason in the world not to trust mental hospitals much.

- He lied about having called Jason. What did he expect - that Jason would stay out of reach of mobile phones forever? Why not say "No visitations, period" instead of "Family only"? The meta reason is because this created friction between him and Mary but it is really him being a dumbass once again.

- He hooked up with Alison when Charlotte was still alive. Why bother if the plan was to get control of the money that Charlotte left to Alison after her death?

- Blatant conflict of interest. They could have had Rollins manipulate his colleagues into believing Alison was unstable and having one of them be in charge of her case, but no, he had to be the one who made all the decisions because that's not illegal or suspicious at all, especially not when so much money is involved, right?

Basically, simply murdering Alison would probably have been a far less risky option.

This actually makes some sense based on the preview, I mean, not really in the bigger picture, but since the girls are inexplicably covering up Rollins's death for whatever plot induced reason Alison is going to maintain the image of a happy wife whose husband is missing.

Yes, this will probably happen. I am so looking forward to Alison trying to convince people how much she misses dear Elliot and how right he was to lock her up in an institution.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Oh no.  I fear you are correct because, wow, is that a dumb plan.  I'm really having a hard time coming up with a remotely plausible reason they'd go to this extreme.  I mean, plausible for them - plausible in the eyes of the audience is a ship that sailed long ago.

• Love 3

My thoughts on the mountains of madness that is this show...

Aria is just so much more likable without Ezra dragging her down. 

I cannot decide if Emily's work uniform is ugly or cute. Emily is so pretty, it can distract me. 

WHY, oh WHY are other doctors so ok with Allison's husband also being her doctor? And is no one else checking up on her? This place is, as other people have stated, just Radley without all the cool creepiness. 

I hate this love triangle so much. Its killing my favorite characters, and comes off as a major waste of time. Come on guys, there is a conspiracy of crazed killers! You have bigger problems than your lame dating lives and your memories of Madrid! 

I legit jumped than laughed at Rollins head sticking through the windshield, just starring at an already traumatized Hannah. Thats the batshit crazy PLL we all know and love! Followed by that great shot of Allison walking out front with her dress all flowing all ethereal like, that was great. I so expected it to cut to her smiling evilly, and saying something like "took you bitches long enough" or something. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, mac123x said:

Oh no.  I fear you are correct because, wow, is that a dumb plan.  I'm really having a hard time coming up with a remotely plausible reason they'd go to this extreme.  I mean, plausible for them - plausible in the eyes of the audience is a ship that sailed long ago.

Allison will convince them that if they go to the police they will have to explain why Rollins hates her, and she will go to jail for killing Charlotte.  Of course,  at this point, they could say that Rollins killed Charlotte and then tried to kill Allison, but they won't think of that. Or it could be that Hanna was drunk driving this whole time and could go to jail for killing someone. I think the latter is a better obstacle, but I don't really care either way at this point.

I really want one of the liars to die at this point to liven things up.

• Love 1

Allison will convince them that if they go to the police they will have to explain why Rollins hates her, and she will go to jail for killing Charlotte.

She probably will do just that even though it's ridiculous. Alison's fortune is a perfectly believable motive (it's even true), no need for anyone to mention Charlotte's murder. And even if for some arcane reason they have to mention it, Rollins believing Alsion was the killer means nothing without evidence to back it.

• Love 2
(edited)

I totally forgot this, but I laughed forever when Emily was babbling at pot brownies girl that the whole Ezra's key theft was an isolated incident and in no way indicative of her usual level of sketch, because she's so totally not like this, and she definitely never breaks into houses or doll factories or mental hospitals and certainly never steals secret files or foolishly contaminates evidence or gets almost murdered or gets her girlfriends actually murdered or murders her girlfriend's fake cousins. She's the most chill, drama-free person ever. I legit busted up laughing and blurted out ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW? at the TV when that happened. It was amazing.

Speaking of Emily's nonsense, what ever happened to her eggs?

Edited by Lii
  • Love 6