Type keyword(s) to search

S28.E09: Let Sleeping Dogs Wake

• Start Topic

This episode just proved once again what sleazebags Banana and Vince are. They both knowingly woke up Tony so he would go off at Camila which would obviously have bad consequences. smh.

• Love 5

Anytime Sarah or Johnny talks, I want to punch them in the face. I agree with Wes more and more each week, "Bananas and Sarah win again, whoop-dee-do!" love you Wes, I'm serious about our yogurt date that needs to happen. Seriously, Johnny still talking.. how does he have friends? In this game or outside in the real world? He seems like he would be a smug ass out in the real world too.

Also, Johnny is a jerk. I'm sorry, but it's true. He wants loyalty from people, but he throws so many people under the bus. 

I wonder if during the challenge, Wes realized he and Nany  would be voted in anyway because Bananas and Sarah won and he stopped trying so hard. If Johnny wins first place, chances are Wes and Nany would be going in. 

Listening to Johnny and Sarah talk about great they are is disgusting. Seriously.  If they end up winning this show, I'm going to stop watching. 

The day trip was.. boring.  Other than realizing that Cory is an idiot. Or clearly has amnesia. Because after throwing Johnny under the bus, he thinks Johnny would even deign to take care of him in a challenge. Oh, Cory... You, poor, poor soul. 

Dario made no sense. 'Bananas is unpredictable' uh.. huh? Johnny is the most predictable cast member ever. It's not rocket science who he would choose for the jungle, if he can, he will always choose Wes.  But since Wes was already taken, he had to choose his default AYTO couple and  like Jamie, KA, and Nany called him out on not picking Nany's  cousin because he didn't want to be predictable, even though he totally was by picking KA and Jamie. But that's also predictable, because he has an axe to grind with Jamie. Banana's is a sore loser, so it made sense to pick Jamie and KA and hide behind this excuse of it being because they are weakest team left. But I'm pretty sure he still harbors feelings on how Jamie won over him in the last challenge.

Hee.  I will always love a clip of Johnny losing So the clip where he lost from Jamie was awesome, although nothing ever beats Johnny backpack. But what can, you guys? 

How has Nany become my favorite? I loved her speech of how she doesn't care for Johnny anymore and they aren't friends. Stick by that Nany. DO NOT BACK DOWN. Also, she is really pretty. I've noticed that a lot this season. Her skin looks really good and so does her hair, I'm kind of jealous. 

The jungle was kind of cool.  Except for the fact that both my challenge boyfriends had to go against each other. Soccer! Blind soccer. 

Okay, really that little commercial blip of Wes and Nany.. I still stand by last week's comments: These two are in a romantic comedy. An adorable romantic comedy.  

Also, Johnny sounds like an idiot. It's not that Wes really didn't do well, it's blindfolded soccer. That's not a skill that is taught. Whatever. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time and was so happy Wes won. I'm sad to see Jamie and KA leaving though. Also, Johnny, yeah, you handle losing and winning so well and with grace, you jackass. 

• Love 8

I hate that Sarah is back up John's ass. I was rooting for her but the more she apologizes and grovels for "stealing" John's win, I hate her.

I guess I'm rooting for Wes and Nany now? I did love his celebration: fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, you're on the fence." But I hate that it took everyone this long to get on the "take out John" train.

Applause for Kellyanne for calling out John's treatment of the guys vs girls and bringing up the Sarah thing.

• Love 13

Wes has been so under the radar this season that I had completely forgotten that I usually like him.  I also managed to completely forget that Dario is on this show.  I hadn't forgotten that I'm indifferent to him.

I don't like being on Devin's side.  Everyone needs to step it up.  He could also announce that he was just pretending to be terrible on AYTO in a ploy to get on The Challenge.

I enjoyed KellyAnn talking trash, even though I think the Bananas/Sarah feud is mostly fake.  She was completely right about everything else.

This was a great Jungle.

• Love 1

Unfortunately I've seen Wes try to manipulate the game before. It usually doesn't work out very well for him. Which is a shame. I've really become fond of Wes over the years. I hope this time is different.

Good ep, no drunken assholes fighting. The jungle was hilarious.

Very disappointed with Sarah.

• Love 5

Did Sarah really say that John was the only relationship shes ever had where someone didn't like her?  I think at least half of her original Brooklyn cast would disagree with that statement.  But then they have moved on with their lives and don't do challenges, so I guess they don't matter.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, notinbtnet said:

Did Sarah really say that John was the only relationship shes ever had where someone didn't like her?  I think at least half of her original Brooklyn cast would disagree with that statement.  But then they have moved on with their lives and don't do challenges, so I guess they don't matter.

Not surprised that she would say that, or that the fact that someone didn't like her completely rankles her, regardless of whether or not she likes him or her.

I remember on the Ruins, when Katie kicked Sarah out of the room, the room was silent. No one spoke up and told Sarah she could stay. No one told Katie to back off. Sarah leaves the room, and then after she's been thrown out in a very humiliating manner, with no one speaking up for her, Kenny and co. put together a bouquet of flowers for her as an apology for Katie's behavior. Even though any of them could have spoken up while it was still relevant, no one did. Instead of Sarah saying, gee thanks, dickhead, where was this support 15 min ago when it actually mattered? she instead gets this ear to ear grin, accepts the flowers, and says she's just glad to hear they like her. No, they really don't, Sarah. They consider your hero worship useful and will do the bare minimum to string you along, and that's it. And your bare minimum required is very little, by the way.

I can't figure out why John's approval is so damn important to almost everyone on this show. No one seems to really like him, but no one likes it when he actively doesn't like them either. I actually thought a lot of Camila's anger last week was a direct result of John laughing at her and calling her names, and she took it out on Vince because she knew he had a conscience and would be more affected by her anger than John would be.

• Love 11

I don't get why John is liked either. Also, why people aren't smarter. Why they think they will be the special people he won't screw over if time needs be. John will throw anyone to the wolves when push comes to shove and these people act so surprised when it happens. Also, Sarah is the worst. I remember loving when Katie told her off and kicked her out of the room in The Ruins because Katie was saying all the things that were true and calling her out on following around Kenny like a little puppy because she had a crush on him and would laugh at all the things J/E/K did. So true. That was a running joke on that season. And I believe during the unseen moments special, it was a running joke that Sarah tried to be in on but it fell flat. 

• Love 6

The more this show revolves around John, the more boring it becomes. Seriously, on my DVR, the Challenge "cover" photo is John's big, ugly, mug. I can't. I guess I'm rooting for Wes and Nany? I would root for Jenna, but sadly she's paired up with the Pineapple (thanks, Wes). John and Sarah are going to win, it's so predictable. If John wins this one, can he FINALLY retire??!! It's always the same story line when he's there. I would rather have the whole cast be AYTO kids before I want John back. Sarah can get lost, too. What a kiss-ass loser.

Corey and Cheyenne would have the most beautiful babies. They're so cute together. That's all I have. I can't muster up any interesting thoughts because my beloved Challenge has become so bland.

• Love 9

I absolutely love Wes and am so glad they won.  From the initial "whoop-dee-do" to the "fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you!" to his joy about Nany now finally allowing him to play politics, her was great this episode.  But it also sucks to lose KellyAnne and Jamie because the lightbulbs in their head were turning on in regards to John. 

The blind soccer elimination was hilarious and exciting. I couldn't stop watching.  Whoever came up with that was an evil genius.  Also, I laughed so hard when KellyAnne ran head first into the gate and she stops and turns towards Jamie and yells, "you could have told me about that!"  Lol!

Sarah....shut up!  You didn't steal a win from John.  You played the game the way you were supposed to and won.  If the situation had been reversed, John, without a doubt, would have not only thrown your ass in, he would have expected you to deal with it and he wouldn't have apologized once.  Get over it and grow some fucking self-esteem. 

And I'm hoping Cory isn't that much of an idiot to trust anything that John and his idiot cousin has to say.     

• Love 5

I so hope that Cory is just playing along with John.  He has to know that John isn't going to forget him throwing him in. 

And I'm fully shipping Wes/Nany now.  Their interview after elimination was so damn cute.  And Nany renounced her friendship with John.  If she takes away Nicole's makeup, and has a gentle "less is more" conversation with her, she'll become my favorite.  (I swear, I still have moments of "wait, who is that?" when they show us shots of her without her full makeup.  She looks like a completely different person.)  

I'm bummed that Jamie is gone.  I would have loved watching a Jamie/KA/Wes/Nany alliance taking down John/Vince.  But, as soon as we saw that Jamie/KA were drawing second, I knew they were in.  I missed two episodes while on vacation (although given this season, I'm not sure how many, if any, elimination games I missed in those two), but I haven't seen the couple picking first go in yet.  And it's always all three white skulls drawn 1, 2, 3.  I'm still on the conspiracy theory train there - that black skull looks smaller than the others.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

And I'm fully shipping Wes/Nany now.  Their interview after elimination was so damn cute.  And Nany renounced her friendship with John.  If she takes away Nicole's makeup, and has a gentle "less is more" conversation with her, she'll become my favorite.  (I swear, I still have moments of "wait, who is that?" when they show us shots of her without her full makeup.  She looks like a completely different person.)  

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I actually think Nicole is super pretty with all her makeup on. Normally I don't like that much makeup, but I think it kind of works for Nicole and I don't think she's that cute fresh faced. Something about a made up Nicole-when she smiles- combined with her voice reminds me of Anna Kendrick.

I don't believe Nany will ever truly renounce her friendship with John. If he would give her even the slightest bit of encouragement, I think she'd jump back into an alliance (or more) with him.

I would argue it's only a matter of time before Nany and Wes hook up, if they haven't already. He has always outkicked his coverage lookswise. He's less attractive than anyone else Nany has hooked up with (that I know of), but he's cocky and can use big words and that seems to be what really draws Nany in.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I would argue it's only a matter of time before Nany and Wes hook up, if they haven't already. He has always outkicked his coverage lookswise. He's less attractive than anyone else Nany has hooked up with (that I know of), but he's cocky and can use big words and that seems to be what really draws Nany in.

Personality-wise, I think he's far better than anyone we've seen her hook up with, outside of Cohutta.  I'd even argue that he's better looking than Johnny R, who's kind of average but made so much uglier by his personality seeping through.  

I forgot to mention one thing I really liked about the two of them this episode - during the game, when they just could not figure out the answers, they weren't getting all pissed at each other.  They were definitely in it together and even joking as more and more couples finished "did we pay attention to anything?"  So many times when there's a male/female partnership on this show, in that situation, the guy would have been a verbally abusive ass while the girl just starts breaking down sobbing.  They may not have remembered much, but they were acting like a team as they went down.  

And I cant believe I forgot to mention Jenna's line:  "I wasn't paying attention to his shirt color, I was paying attention to the man on fire." I so hate that she's John-adjacent, because I've really grown to like her, but can't possibly root for her.  (Exception, if it ends up with her and Vince in the final along with John/Sarah, I will so be rooting for them to beat John's ass. You just know that John's plan is for him to get first, Vince second, and after Vince's performance on Bloodlines, you know even though he's family, he considers him as one of his loyal supporters, there to reap the rewards of second or third place finish for the honorable job of keeping John in the game, but no real threat to actually take his rightful place as the winner.)  

• Love 4

I have never rooted for Wes before, but I cheered when he won! Yay! Suck it bananas!  Jenna is absolutely gorgeous, but so dim.  And Johnny saying Kelly Anne and Jamie were on borrowed time.  What about Vince? I don't think he should even be there.  He drives me nuts. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, KerleyQ said:

If she takes away Nicole's makeup, and has a gentle "less is more" conversation with her, she'll become my favorite.  (I swear, I still have moments of "wait, who is that?" when they show us shots of her without her full makeup.  She looks like a completely different person.)  

Me every episode: "Who in the hell is that?  Oh, it's just Nicole's other face."

I missed two episodes while on vacation (although given this season, I'm not sure how many, if any, elimination games I missed in those two), but I haven't seen the couple picking first go in yet.  And it's always all three white skulls drawn 1, 2, 3.  I'm still on the conspiracy theory train there - that black skull looks smaller than the others.  

When Camilla got her team DQ'd and they had to go into the elimination, I believe the AYTO female (who's name I just can't even be bothered to remember) who picked first pulled the black skull.  Or I could just be misremembering because they all start to run together for me after a while!

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 3

Looks like Wes E. Coyote lives to scheme another day. I made the comparison last episode, but I forgot an important parallel: both Wes and Wile (?) always think they're smarter than they actually are. Seeing Wes & Nany fuck up the mission is proof of this. Wes probably tumbled to the "distractions" early on, and he lost to fucking Dario. Dario. Sure, he was boned once Johnny & Sarah won, but he and Nany would've gotten a 3-in-4 chance of not getting the black skull. And he came so close to losing to Jamie. Anybody else find it amusing that he almost lost in a game of soccer, the same sport he beat Brad at in The Duel to earn a headstart in the final mission?

I'm on board with "Fuck Johnny and Wince" bandwagon. Sucks to be Sarah and Jenna. Of course, I don't expect things to work out. Johnny has gone two Challenges without a win. If karma doesn't forget what a douchebag he is and gives him the title, BMP lackeys will kneecap his opposition. Or they could give the money to Wince, who'd give it to Johnny because I think he's that dumb.

• Love 2

I'm going to vomit if I hear Johnny and Sarah speak so incredulously about how well they work and how awesome they are. I love Johnny and Sarah's reactions. I thoroughly enjoy Wes and his commentary. I thought it was hilarious when he and Nany were talking about sports they play. And when he summed up the game as being the most entertaining thing that he wasn't able to enjoy because his team's challenge lives were on the line, lol.

Why is Johnny talking about losing with grace. Didn't he pout like a baby when Sarah put him up and he ended up losing that challenge? Is it losing with grace when your sole purpose of making an alliance with Cory isn't because you're acknowledging him as a threat but a way to get retribution for a vote he made to put up for battle? 

I was actually surprised that Wes waiting until his fate was already sealed having lost the challenge before talking politics and making sense with other people that Johnny and Vince are not safe to keep around in the house. Now it makes sense that Wes was keeping his mouth shut to appease Nany. I'd love nothing more to see Wes' scheming pay off big time with a Johnny/Sarah exit from this game. 

• Love 6

I'm waiting for the inevitable collapse of the Johnny/Sarah dynamic. I reckon she wants to be on good terms with those she keeps seeing, as opposed to her being weak. That said, if she and Johnny were to win, and Johnny fellates himself while Sarah sneaks up behind him with a steel chair. . . . I'd pay money to see that.

• Love 4

Hiaios, I would have enjoyed it too/more if I wasn't expecting Wes to blow it in the end, typical WIle Coyote style as Lantern so aptly points out. The few "you're cool" 's made me laugh.

• Love 2

Has ever been a girl that actually has stood against johnny and didnt back out?. Because I can think of plenty of girls that have come on saying "johnny is a misogynist, pos, douchegbag, Im going to vote him in" that eventually end up kissing his ass. 

Sarah had a good start on exes but once she felt the pressure on having johnny being mean to her, she broke down. I swear everytime she says those nice things on the show about how he is such a great partner etc, I want to put those things she is saying about him on her podcast about being a cheater and a narcissistic person, etc. And thats the big problem, she said those things behind his back, but on his face is pure love. And I don't understand why she has to be nice to him, he needs this show and money to live, so he has to be nice to her not the other way.

Nany had a good start too, but this episode when she claimed that she was done with johnny, I think everyone knew its pure bs, when show after show johnny has shown zero loyalty to her aside of exes 2 bc she was her partner, yet nany comes to johnny every single time. 

• Love 3

Kellyanne's commentary this episode had me rolling. Sorry to see her and Jamie leave, but I'm glad Wes is staying. Devin and Cheyenne must be the luckiest contestants ever.

How did couples who claimed they weren't paying attention to details during the challenge get everything right before Wes and Nany, who were paying attention? Vince and Jenna even finished early on. Vince and Jenna.

John, your arrogance and sense of entitlement knows no bounds. I dislike you intensely. Please retire from challenges. Sarah, I no longer like you. 

• Love 1

That day trip helped Johnny cement alliance with Corey.  He's betting that those 3 teams are more likely to win challenges and control the elimination than any of the other teams.

Unless Corey wins one and pulls a backstabbing move, it's hard to see it changing.

It has to be a random kind of challenge like that one where they're riding that cart off the edge and trying to grab flags.

This season is the pits. It doesn't even feel like a competition production has it so slanted for BaNoNuts. It's like a RW house where people leave and he gets money at the end. For the life of me, I just cannot understand why production feels he is so vital to the show. The ratings are so bad as a whole there's no way he brings any type of meaningful bump to this. It makes me wonder if he has some dirt on someone (Tonya-related?) that they have to keep him. 

Sarah seems to have absolutely no integrity to me, and I'm not even talking about the game/show. I'm talking as a person. Her identity shifts to fit whatever camera is in front of her. It's not endearing and is quite sad, actually. She always had that hollow, shell of a person thing happening, but it's definitely tipped to actively awful. I'm glad Trishelle left her ass last rivals. 

Nany has this same "realization" every season where she catches the snap that Bananas views her as the useless show pump, just like the viewers do. She hides it okay behind that big smile, but I think there is something mentally wrong with her. Not sure if it's just that's she stupid and frustrates easily, but the mood swings/rapid speech she falls into raises red flags. Not that I care, of course. She's Buffalos problem. She should be almost done, though. Even an insane person can only lose so many times before they fill out that application at Target.

Curious, what job did Vince hold down before last year? And if Jenna actually fucked him IRL, I no longer have any sympathy for her in the Zach situation. There are two sides to every story. He is a jackass, but she is also a common denominator there.

Wes is cool. Everyone else is on a slow, painful barge to their parents' basements.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think there's a chance Nany may be serious about being done with John now.  She was mad enough when he said her name during Bloodlines, and seemed still, during the After Show that season, not happy with him.  But, she could still potentially tell herself that his saying her name last season wasn't an aggressive act against her, since she was already headed in, regardless of what he said, and it was a smart game play move for him not to throw someone else's name in the mix.  So I think she started this season off kind of wary of him, but she wasn't letting Wes actively campaign against him.  I think her thinking was that, if Wes just kept a low profile with John, that his affection for her would be enough to keep him from trying to give them the boot.  But, during this elimination, John made it clear to her that any loyalty he may have felt for her was nothing compared to his dislike of Wes, when he was actively rooting against her in the game.  I think that was the point where she finally got it, and that's why she told Wes to go for it now.  

I'm not naive enough to think that this will be permanent, but I hope it is.  I think this is definitely a bigger break for her than we've seen before with John.  It would be great to see her develop enough self-respect to stop thinking of him as anything more than an acquaintance, cast mate, and mistake from her past.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 2

She'll forgive and forget the next time she's paired with him.

The problem is a lot of these vets don't have other career prospects so they keep coming back to these Challenges over and over again so of course they're going to make nice with whoever gives them a chance at the big money.

Winning share is $125k?  Nice but not life-changing money.  But that could keep them going and avoid getting a job for a couple of years.

2 hours ago, NoirDetective said:

Nany has this same "realization" every season where she catches the snap that Bananas views her as the useless show pump, just like the viewers do. She hides it okay behind that big smile, but I think there is something mentally wrong with her. Not sure if it's just that's she stupid and frustrates easily, but the mood swings/rapid speech she falls into raises red flags. Not that I care, of course. She's Buffalos problem. She should be almost done, though. Even an insane person can only lose so many times before they fill out that application at Target.

I laughed so hard. Bless you. Given the appearance fees though, one could still financially justify signing on to these challenges though even if they don't win. And she did get second place a couple years ago.

I think there's a chance Nany may be serious about being done with John now.  She was mad enough when he said her name during Bloodlines, and seemed still, during the After Show that season, not happy with him.  But, she could still potentially tell herself that his saying her name last season wasn't an aggressive act against her, since she was already headed in, regardless of what he said, and it was a smart game play move for him not to throw someone else's name in the mix.  So I think she started this season off kind of wary of him, but she wasn't letting Wes actively campaign against him.  I think her thinking was that, if Wes just kept a low profile with John, that his affection for her would be enough to keep him from trying to give them the boot.  But, during this elimination, John made it clear to her that any loyalty he may have felt for her was nothing compared to his dislike of Wes, when he was actively rooting against her in the game.  I think that was the point where she finally got it, and that's why she told Wes to go for it now.  

I'm not naive enough to think that this will be permanent, but I hope it is.  I think this is definitely a bigger break for her than we've seen before with John.  It would be great to see her develop enough self-respect to stop thinking of him as anything more than an acquaintance, cast mate, and mistake from her past.  

She's only done with him until he apologizes and tells her how important she is to him. It's not even that she thinks he's so great- somehow her entire self worth has gotten wrapped up in what he thinks of her.

I agree. I always thought he was playing up his dislike of Sarah in order to be a storyline, but more and more I think he just does not like her at all. He always looks like he can barely stand to be touching her, even when the mission calls for it.

On the other side, Jenna always looks so dismayed when Vince finds a new excuse to hang on to her.

• Love 2

Wes and Nany's big mistake was not keeping the pieces moving, even if they had no idea what the answers were.  It looked like half the pairs figured it out by accident.  It was nice to see two people be so relaxed about doing badly in a challenge.

• Love 3

I think Wes decided to lose on purpose once he didn't get first because he didn't want to give John the satisfaction if voting him in. It's probably better, at least in Wes's mind, to just automatically go in than let John dictate his fate. I could see it being better politically too. Even when I didn't like Wes, I never underestimated his intelligence. If I'm not mistaken he has thrown things in the past? Or done similar things?

• Love 8

Man I didn't want either of the teams in elimination to go. I'm loving Wes and Nany this season (I'm hot and cold with both usually) and honestly I really loved Kellyanne this season. Her commentary has been on point. Her "ya know what, let's just change the rules!" before the elimination was great.

And she nailed Johnnys gameplay on the head. If only she said something to him. I enjoyed the more "mature" Kellyanne this season (mature used loosely of course)

• Love 1

Now I understand it was all a load of horseshit on John's part but saying he was putting Jamie and Kelly Anne in because they are a weak team MAKES NO SENSE.  You WANT the weak team in at the end.  Come up with better bullshit next time, ass.

• Love 3
On 7/1/2016 at 6:16 AM, dangwoodchucks said:

How did couples who claimed they weren't paying attention to details during the challenge get everything right before Wes and Nany, who were paying attention? Vince and Jenna even finished early on. Vince and Jenna.

And Nate and Christina! Playing rock-paper-scissors must have been beneficial to their memory somehow :P

(edited)
On June 30, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Tatum said:

Not surprised that she would say that, or that the fact that someone didn't like her completely rankles her, regardless of whether or not she likes him or her.

I remember on the Ruins, when Katie kicked Sarah out of the room, the room was silent. No one spoke up and told Sarah she could stay. No one told Katie to back off. Sarah leaves the room, and then after she's been thrown out in a very humiliating manner, with no one speaking up for her, Kenny and co. put together a bouquet of flowers for her as an apology for Katie's behavior. Even though any of them could have spoken up while it was still relevant, no one did. Instead of Sarah saying, gee thanks, dickhead, where was this support 15 min ago when it actually mattered? she instead gets this ear to ear grin, accepts the flowers, and says she's just glad to hear they like her. No, they really don't, Sarah. They consider your hero worship useful and will do the bare minimum to string you along, and that's it. And your bare minimum required is very little, by the way.

I can't figure out why John's approval is so damn important to almost everyone on this show. No one seems to really like him, but no one likes it when he actively doesn't like them either. I actually thought a lot of Camila's anger last week was a direct result of John laughing at her and calling her names, and she took it out on Vince because she knew he had a conscience and would be more affected by her anger than John would be.

Sarah still appears to be that same insecure person from her first challenge. If anyone can stomach it, this link has the reunion video from the Ruins. Starting around the 20:25 mark is when they start showing the clips of Katie beating up on Sarah and Kenny verbally thrashing her. He says "she's the girl that hangs out with a lot of hot chicks, but she's the ugly, fat chick who ruins it for everybody else." And then she goes on to justify and defend his behavior on the reunion! I'll give Johnny one thing. Sarah got really upset that he'd told her Susie wasn't really her friend, but that's no where near the stuff that Kenny and Evan were saying to her. Even so, I don't want to defend Johnny, because he's still an asshole and he probably said worse to her and that wasn't shown. On that reunion show, I could tell that Johnny just did not like Sarah. His disdain for her is practically palpable. He sees her as a wannabe. She wants to fit in with the cool kids and thinks that all the mean, terrible, cruel things they say to her are in jest. Wes was the only one that it right. Kenny can't reason his way out of things and justify his behavior by saying he's an asshole. I'm sorry, but aside from what she did to Johnny on Rivals II, I have never liked Sarah. Her whole being on this show is so try-hard. I get that this show and RW/AYTO attract the lowest common denominator of people, but I don't like it when people seem emotionally fragile. It grinds my gears.  I guess I go back and forth between hating Sarah and feeling sorry for her. The reason she hasn't looked so pathetic on recent challenges is because Evan and Kenny aren't allowed back on.

Wes, you will create some kind of plan that will eventually fail, but I appreciate your effort to bring down Johnny. I'm glad you haven't back down from that. I don't know how I'd feel about a Rivals III with Johnny and Wes. I think my head would explode. I'm surprised they haven't actually done that yet. I also like his partnership with Nany. I enjoyed that little clip of him naming all of her high school sports/accolades. I enjoyed it so much that I won't even wonder how it is that he knew all of that.

Sad to see KA and Jamie go. KA's fuck-it-all attitude really resonated with me.

Edited by SophiaPehawkins
  • Love 2
(edited)

I agree with the above post, certain people shouldn't be put on these shows. CT on The Duel was out of his head- his brother had died shortly before filming- and CT didn't seem at all in the right head space from the jump of that episode. He was so out of it. Also it makes me mad anytime MTV airs footage from that fight, I doubt CT remembers a lot of it and I don't think he needs to relieve it. It makes me angry for him and I don't know him personally but I feel for him. Tonya, during The Ruins was never in the right head space either and always seemed out of it. I can't believe MTV really wants good footage that they would let certain people come on the way they are. The Ruins season just makes me kind of sick in general. All the stuff with all the girls is beyond gross on that season. None of the guys, minus Cutthutta, Wes, and Chet-who is not my favorite- come out well. Even Brad was kind of a jerk that season. I guess I feel for Sarah a little, but.. then.. I don't know. She is a try hard. On every challenge she has been on, on those unseen moments specials, she's always like, "I'm always the one to encourage us to play games! AND THEY ALWAYS BECOME SO FUN!" Um..okay. I guess they can be fun but really.. I just..really. I can't help but side eye her constantly. 

The other day, I youtubed some classic challenges and what makes me sad about old school challenges was not only the actual mix of challenges, puzzles and physical things and old-school challengers was that the game felt fun. And the teams while trying to win for their own team encouraged the other teams as well. It wasn't that evil sprinted mess it has become. I don't know when it got that way but it makes me sad.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4