Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

I've heard that Rick Warren “reverse tithes”—gives 90% of his income to his church.  I know he also earns a fortune on his books, but at least he is walking the walk.   I don't see Jeremy ever being willing to give up the pocket squares or the meals to be willing to give up 90% of his income even if he earned $14M a year. 

• Like 23

9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

This made me laugh for a very, very long time...the visuals are slaying me. 

“Here, somebody hold my fountain pen and my bespoke gold stamped leather Bible. Don’t DROP them! That’s mud, okay? Where was I...do you accept Christ as your personal SHIT don’t slop that stuff on my Gucci knockoffs! Cows drink out of this!!! Where was I...do you think these socks work with this sweater? Oh, sorry, forgot, you need to breathe, my bad...”

You win the internet today, @Oldernowiser! I choked laughing at this! 😂

Edited by Zella
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

18 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Finally answered Screenshot_20190814-211817_Instagram.thumb.jpg.d3c63eba7c595befe861c2a2b4d1e690.jpg

I hope that's true... It would be nice if that family confirmed this story.

• Like 10

Oh puh-leeze. I don't buy that for a second. Jeremy never mentioned allergies before, not did he give any indication Jake was a temporary addition until they could find him a home. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 24

I'm also going to cut Jeremy some slack over Jake. I've known people with allergies who tried having a pet in the house, with mixed results. Some managed it, others didn't. People can like and enjoy dogs, cats, and other critters even if they are allergic and can't share a house with them.  

• Like 19

I'm an asthmatic who is allergic to cats and most dog breeds. We currently have a kitten because my nephew recused a newborn abandoned by it's mother in our backyard. Eventually this kitten will move on but for now the need to keep the kitten outweighs the allergy issue. 

• Like 10

I really, really hope they successfully rehomed Jake. If they did, good for them. Zero snark.

But it's so RFP to make himself into the long-suffered hero, bravely dealing with his allergies. AND he doesn’t say anything about how they miss him. And it’s so Duggaresque to embellish just a tad too much.

I’m a pet fanatic (at one point I had six cats and five dogs, all adored and spoiled) and over the decades I’ve had to make terribly hard decisions about what was best for them over and over. I get that.

But it seems pretty out of sight, out of mind here for a cat Jer was calling the fourth family member. That’s all.

• Like 23

I'm not sure how the laws work around renting in California but I'm going to assume that it would have been harder and more expensive to find a place to rent with pets.

That and Jinger was probably itching to get rid of that cat. Jake, the one thing Jeremy loved that Jinger did not love.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Jingle looks cute. Mz Hot-to-Trot looks like she's doing a chaste Christian photo op before she hits up the local bars.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Jinger looks like a teen girl out with her dad. For a man obsessed with fashion, this looks like a complete fashion fail. He looks like a 45 year old math teacher.

• Like 15
  • Laugh 8

I'd like to bash way-too-young-to-be-such-a-sexist-pig Cade in the grin with a baseball bat. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 15

34 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think Jinger likes her new lifestyle. At least it is different than Jill/Jessa

I think Jinger looks great (I love a striped dress and sneakers), she seems genuinely happy. 

Long Hair on the left needs to find a better hairstyle, the current one is doing nothing for his face. His fiance (?) looks cute but she seems uncomfortable or stiff in the pic. She looks like a typical 20-something to me.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I really, really hope they successfully rehomed Jake. If they did, good for them. Zero snark.

(EDITED to highlight these two points)

But it seems pretty out of sight, out of mind here for a cat Jer was calling the fourth family member. That’s all.

I also hope the cat is in a good home.  However, it's frustrating that they used the cat to further their ideal family image, but apparently dropped him without a second thought.  It didn't seem to occur to them that their followers might have longer memories than they did and would ask about the cat.  Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but it certainly looks as if the general public, who never met the cat, cared more about him than his "family" did.  

• Like 20

Isn't that Cade in the ice cream picture?!?! I'm glad to see the romance with Jeremy continues unabated. 

Also, yes, Jinger looks really cute there, but she totally looks like she's out with her middle-aged father. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

27 minutes ago, Zella said:

Isn't that Cade in the ice cream picture?!?! I'm glad to see the romance with Jeremy continues unabated. 

Also, yes, Jinger looks really cute there, but she totally looks like she's out with her middle-aged father. LOL

I think Jeremy looks fine.  I can absolutely guarantee that if he were dressing "young", he would be shredded to bits here.  I can imagine all the comments he would receive about being a surfer boy, frat boy, hipster and every other term for a "trendy" boy.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I think Jeremy looks fine.  I can absolutely guarantee that if he were dressing "young", he would be shredded to bits here.  I can imagine all the comments he would receive about being a surfer boy, frat boy, hipster and every other term for a "trendy" boy.

Well, that's kind of part of being "famous." He puts himself out there. 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think Jinger likes her new lifestyle. At least it is different than Jill/Jessa

She isn't quite free, but I do think she is living the way she had hoped to within the context of her life. She looks stylish and put together, her husband and daughter look the same (yes he is too image conscience), she isn't trapped in the middle of no where, her only friends her siblings.... she is going out, enjoying worldly things, making friends, eating good food (not TTC).....  

I think of Jill with her ill fitting clothes, downer Derrick, seeming to never hand out with friends or see something new and different and than making some God awful food full of cream soup. Is this what she wanted? I hope it was. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 17
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I think she's working on looking as little like a Duggar as possible except for cutting the hair.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Zella said:

Well, that's kind of part of being "famous." He puts himself out there. 

Of course he does, but it is utter futility for him to try to dress for this crowd.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Suzn said:

Of course he does, but it is utter futility for him to try to dress for this crowd.  

I don't think anyone expects him to? It's just an observation that they look mismatched. Maybe if he didn't spend so much time trying to be such a pretentious fashionista, nobody would comment on his clothes? 

Furthermore, if he thinks snarky people on the internet are harsh judgers of, well, everything, he's not going to hold up to being a pastor very well. I've had friends tell me there is nobody who gets judged worse by all the little old ladies in a church than the pastor and his family, and I believe it. I think he's just going to have to get used to it. 

• Like 22

4 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't think anyone expects him to? It's just an observation that they look mismatched. Maybe if he didn't spend so much time trying to be such a pretentious fashionista, nobody would comment on his clothes? 

Furthermore, if he thinks snarky people on the internet are harsh judgers of, well, everything, he's not going to hold up to being a pastor very well. I've had friends tell me there is nobody who gets judged worse by all the little old ladies in a church than the pastor and his family, and I believe it. I think he's just going to have to get used to it. 

I probably need to clarify this.  I'm not defending him and I'm not in the least bit worried about his feelings.  It was merely an observation.  I think he looks fine and his style is no importance to me, but seems to have currency here.  I criticize the Dillard clan because their look is so often so egregious and appalling that it is not just a matter of taste.

• Like 9

The dad bod is really starting to show in that shirt. If he were the right size for the shirt to hang correctly and he unbuttoned one button, it would look better. 

I am normally not into body shaming, but this is Jeremy the Vain we're taking about. Plus I recently saw a nearly identical outfit being worn really well by a guy 10 years older than Jeremy so the difference jumped out at me immediately.

Edited by Abstract
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

I think the juxtaposition between Jeremy and Jinger has less to do with clothing and more to do with size and hair styles.

We tend to associate petite with young. And Jeremy's hairstyle is one that is typical of older males, 'dad hair', if you will.

Putting tiny-long-hair Jinger next to, tall-dad-hair Jeremy, makes Jing look younger and Jer look older.

• Like 16

53 minutes ago, Abstract said:

The dad bod is really starting to show in that shirt. If he were the right size for the shirt to hang correctly and he unbuttoned one button, it would look better. 

I am normally not into body shaming, but this is Jeremy the Vain we're taking about.

I was going to post the same thing. If he's in LA and wants to be a nationally-famous pastor, he needs to spend less time eating out and posting photos and more time at the gym. I'm not into body-shaming either, but for Jeremy, I'll make an exception. 

Jinger looks pretty good,  but I think a hair cut, even to just below her shoulders, and coloring it to a darker shade would look stunning. 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the juxtaposition between Jeremy and Jinger has less to do with clothing and more to do with size and hair styles.

We tend to associate petite with young. And Jeremy's hairstyle is one that is typical of older males, 'dad hair', if you will.

Putting tiny-long-hair Jinger next to, tall-dad-hair Jeremy, makes Jing look younger and Jer look older.

I agree. The pictures where they're both seated make them appear to be closer in age. This may be something that follows them for a long time. The first year my 5'2" self dated my future 6'3" husband we went to a Denny's and I was offered a kids meal. Years later we were at Walmart with our youngest who was 3 and a cashier offered gave him a sticker to give his grandson. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think she's working on looking as little like a Duggar as possible except for cutting the hair.

Almost NO young women in California have short hair.  I think it's actually against the law, unless you're over 50.  Then you have to look like a Real Housewife. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

31 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Almost NO young women in California have short hair.  I think it's actually against the law, unless you're over 50.  Then you have to look like a Real Housewife. 

The latter is certainly not the case up here in NoCal. In fact, the opposite is pretty much the norm. No boob jobs or facelifts required! 😀

• Like 11

That baby doesn’t care about anything except getting a lick of that ice cream cone.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 5

2 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

That baby doesn’t care about anything except getting a lick of that ice cream cone.

A girl after my own heart. 

• Like 13

Jeremy actually pairs better with Cade's girlfriend than he does Jinger. The height difference isn't quite so stark.

• Like 7

Cade has bigger hair than both Jinger and his girlfriend (fiancee, I think...hell, she's legal, barely).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Laugh 5

Aethera

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.