Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Almost NO young women in California have short hair.  I think it's actually against the law, unless you're over 50.  Then you have to look like a Real Housewife. 

The latter is certainly not the case up here in NoCal. In fact, the opposite is pretty much the norm. No boob jobs or facelifts required! 😀

• Love 12
41 minutes ago, Portia said:

Ew, I do not like Cade's looks at all. He somehow manages to look simultaneously like your boring Aunt Bev and the most punchable guy in the frat house. 

He has a really weird aesthetic. I get a "trying but failing to be a Christian Robert Plant because lacking the latter's charisma" vibe from him. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 20
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Christian Robert Plant! 😂

LOL It's totally the hair! Every time I see his hair, I'm like, "Robert Plant wannabe?" Wonder if he knows who Robert Plant even is. 

For "modesty reasons," I don't see him rocking any of the chest-baring outfits Plant did, which is just as well because I don't see him pulling them off anywhere near as well. 😂 *total Robert Plant fangirl*

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Zella said:

LOL It's totally the hair! Every time I see his hair, I'm like, "Robert Plant wannabe?" Wonder if he knows who Robert Plant even is. 

For "modesty reasons," I don't see him rocking any of the chest-baring outfits Plant did, which is just as well because I don't see him pulling them off anywhere near as well. 😂 *total Robert Plant fangirl*

Don't forget Plant's jeans. They revealed everything! 😁

Cade? Not so much. Does anyone remember either one of them from American Idol? That's where they met.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Don't forget Plant's jeans. They revealed everything! 😁

Cade? Not so much. Does anyone remember either one of them from American Idol? That's where they met.

Bahahaha I was debating whether or not to mention Plant's tight pants.  😁 (say that 3 times really fast. . . .)

I feel like Cade is going for the aesthetic that he seems edgy to really sheltered Christian homeschoolers but still fangless enough not to offend their parents. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well, I guess it confirms that Jer has some kind of employment with GCC Ground Zero. Still not enough to pay the housing and food bills, though. Unless they've made Jeremy an influencer of some sort. I don't know how they'd track how many souls he saved on behalf of their church. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Ironed creases on Jeremy's jeans?  Seriously?  He looks ridiculous.

Props to him for knowing how to iron, though.

And why is he wearing jeans with that outfit to work? I'm very confused. 

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, I guess it confirms that Jer has some kind of employment with GCC Ground Zero. Still not enough to pay the housing and food bills, though. Unless they've made Jeremy an influencer of some sort. I don't know how they'd track how many souls he saved on behalf of their church. 

He saves my soul daily because I laugh at his ridiculous clothes and silly pictures.

• LOL 12
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Am I missing something? Why did Cade and Gabby change outfits?

It looks like they went to church and then they dressed down to go eat dinner. Jinger seems like the only one who kept the same outfit. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I thought Cade was a girl!

No.

Because if he were a girl he'd have no agency, no rights and be entitled to no respect as an individual, autonomous human being. God would only see him as worthy if he repressed all his own impulses in order to spend day and night serving a guy. 

That's his stated position with regard to his fiance, "little mama." (a position he characterizes as showing the utmost respect for her....because this is what God made women for -- to believe that they have individual agency and then, in obedience to the correct Jesus, to abnegate it all to do the truly holy thing, serve a Christian-Robert-Plant-wannabe in his house....) 

My stated position is Run, Gabby, Run. 

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:
Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know. Somehow Meeeechelle became aware that Jessa had saved thousands in her career as a TeeVee Influencer. And it was several years ago now that godly mama made that announcement. Jessa's probably into the tens of thousands by now. 

They probably all share some super speshul religio-fame-whore soul-ticker technology or other. 

7 hours ago, Zella said:

And why is he wearing jeans with that outfit to work? I'm very confused. 

He can't be wearing jeans if he plans to go near the seminary in that outfit. Jeans are against the dress code. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Lunera said:

They sure love kissing each others ass.

This guy is such a Cade, Gabby and JerMe fangirl. About half the pics he has posted are with at least one of them. 

Well, that's Jer's real job, I think. Getting the Grace Church and Master's Seminary people widely seen on social media hanging out with cool young TeeVee stars. 

I'm 100 percent sure that's why they're kissing his ass. 

I can't see that they're going to collect many cool points by hanging out with a Duggar adjacent, but who knows, I guess. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Portia said:

Ew, I do not like Cade's looks at all. He somehow manages to look simultaneously like your boring Aunt Bev and the most punchable guy in the frat house. 

I was thinking a similar thing. He somehow looks reasonably OK in closeups and head shots, but once the camera backs away, there is something about his looks that doesn't work right. It might be partially the way the hair overpowers everything else, but aside from that, even, it makes me think of when I try to paint a portrait. I'm really good with portraits in pencil, and even colored pencil, but it all seems to go awry when I try to paint them. Somehow, even though the individual features appear well-handled when viewed close up, once you step away the whole thing takes on the appearance of a slightly ghoulish, staring death-mask. That's the impression his face gives me.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Portia said:

I'm guessing this is because he is a combination of your boring Aunt Bev and the most punchable guy in the frat house. 🤢

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I love Mr. Plant. Odd that growing up I never thought he was attractive but he hit a certain age that I have at thing for.... older (or old) British men. Him and Roger Daltrey (though he always made me sigh). 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I had to look up Robert Plant.  

Once upon a time, it was hard to imagine that Led Zeppelin would ever be something only old people were interested in...

... that the Stairway to Heaven would be located in a nursing home.... 

...And that Cade -- a freaking Calvinist-preacher-wannabe devoted to squashing the entire women's movement till it's nothing but a distant and derided memory for him and his boys to call out as evil, ungodly and outmoded -- would attempt to rejuvenate Robert Plant's hairstyle to forward that cause.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 21
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I had to look up Robert Plant.  

I'm even of the age where I should have grown up with Led Zeppelin, but had to refresh my memory as well. I grew up mostly exposed to classical and Polish folk music with a smattering of oldies of the rat pack era. I was the dweeb who actually watched the Lawrence Welk show on purpose! LOL 

I do remember thinking Robert Plant was quite attractive when he showed up on MTV with a different band in the early 80's (by which time I had finished college and expanded my horizons if only slightly), but that was the first I'd really heard of him, and while he was still young in the major scheme of things, he was already a little long in the tooth as far as the bulk of what was on MTV.

Looking at all these old (and newer) photos of him, I was trying to figure out how it was that his hair worked so well for him while Cade's looks ridiculous. I guess it just boils down to everything about Cade from the inside out coming across as artificial.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm even of the age where I should have grown up with Led Zeppelin, but had to refresh my memory as well. I grew up mostly exposed to classical and Polish folk music with a smattering of oldies of the rat pack era. I was the dweeb who actually watched the Lawrence Welk show on purpose! LOL 

I do remember thinking Robert Plant was quite attractive when he showed up on MTV with a different band in the early 80's (by which time I had finished college and expanded my horizons if only slightly), but that was the first I'd really heard of him, and while he was still young in the major scheme of things, he was already a little long in the tooth as far as the bulk of what was on MTV.

Looking at all these old (and newer) photos of him, I was trying to figure out how it was that his hair worked so well for him while Cade's looks ridiculous. I guess it just boils down to everything about Cade from the inside out coming across as artificial.

The Honeydrippers probably. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yeah, also as I mentioned earlier, I think Plant just had a natural charisma that made the hair and the stage presence work. I've never watched him perform but don't get that impression of Cade. I also looked up other pictures of him, and I think one of his other problems is his hair is big, but it often just looks kind of ratty or limp, which is weird considering the volume. There are only a couple of pics of him where I'm like, "Good hair, bro." LOL 

His posture often doesn't display much confidence, either. He just sort of looks like he's there. Not sure what his chosen genre is, but you gotta have some game if you're going to be a rock god, Cade. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe it confirms JerME has a job there, but alternatively the guy could have come to his own job and encountered student Jer, and they were dressed alike.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Yeah, also as I mentioned earlier, I think Plant just had a natural charisma that made the hair and the stage presence work. I've never watched him perform but don't get that impression of Cade. I also looked up other pictures of him, and I think one of his other problems is his hair is big, but it often just looks kind of ratty or limp, which is weird considering the volume. There are only a couple of pics of him where I'm like, "Good hair, bro." LOL 

His posture often doesn't display much confidence, either. He just sort of looks like he's there. Not sure what his chosen genre is, but you gotta have some game if you're going to be a rock god, Cade. 

I have seen Robert Plant twice. The first time was solo the second was with the Strange Sensation......both concerts were great. 

• Love 3

I just wish Cade would get away from Jer and Jinger.

There's obviously nothing to be done about Jer hanging about with old farts who are massive sexists, since his full-time vocation is playing up to MacArthur and his oldster gang. But I'd prefer it if Jing and Jer weren't getting an additional push in the direction of keep-women-firmly-in-their-place from people in their own age bracket (and well under Jer's age bracket, in Cade's case).

It would be nice to think that a new generation could, say, even embrace Calvinism without viewing it as a license from the almighty to let women know they're lesser beings whose only god-given role is to serve the ones with dangly bits. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I just wish Cade would get away from Jer and Jinger.

There's obviously nothing to be done about Jer hanging about with old farts who are massive sexists, since his full-time vocation is playing up to MacArthur and his oldster gang. But I'd prefer it if Jing and Jer weren't getting an additional push in the direction of keep-women-firmly-in-their-place from people in their own age bracket (and well under Jer's age bracket, in Cade's case).

It would be nice to think that a new generation could, say, even embrace Calvinism without viewing it as a license from the almighty to let women know they're lesser beings fit only to serve the ones with dangly bits. 

As much as I enjoy making fun of Cade and envisioning him and Jeremy as OTP, I have to defend him here: I don't think Cade is necessarily influencing Jeremy or the other way around--I think they like hanging out because they already agree with each other and are delighted to find another D-list celebrity with their same beliefs.

Jeremy's pretty firmly in that camp, I think, but just keeps it quieter. I think his signing of that infamous petition last year made that clear. 

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

As much as I enjoy making fun of Cade and envisioning him and Jeremy as OTP, I have to defend him here: I don't think Cade is necessarily influencing Jeremy or the other way around--I think they like hanging out because they already agree with each other and are delighted to find another D-list celebrity with their same beliefs.

Jeremy's pretty firmly in that camp, I think, but just keeps it quieter. I think his signing of that infamous petition last year made that clear. 

Oh, yeah. I didn't make myself clear....

I completely agree with you that Jer's already firmly in the keep-woman-in-her-place camp.....

I just believe it's possible for anyone to shift their views, at least slightly. Especially when they're not yet elderly.

And that it becomes a lot more likely if you hang with people whose opinions vary a bit. And if you're actual friends with such people and talk with them. 

But if you hang out only with people who 100-percent agree with you....well....That tends to make any shifting or softening of your ideas much less likely....

It's just something I'd like to see happen.....Wishful thinking on my part....But after all, there are tens of millions of people in California. No need to cling to Aunt-Bev-the-punchable-frat-boy as a BFF!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Oh, yeah. I didn't make myself clear....

I completely agree with you that Jer's already firmly in the keep-woman-in-her-place camp.....

I just believe it's possible for anyone to shift their views, at least slightly. Especially when they're not yet elderly.

And that it becomes a lot more likely if you hang with people whose opinions vary a bit. And if you're actual friends with such people and talk with them. 

But if you hang out only with people who 100-percent agree with you....well....That tends to make any shifting or softening of your ideas much less likely....

It's just something I'd like to see happen......After all, there are tens of millions of people in California. No need to cling to Aunt-Bev-the-punchable-frat-boy as a BFF!

LOLing hard at "Aunt Bev the punchable frat boy." 😂

I think the problem is even though they've moved to California, they've moved to California to go to MacArthur's seminary. I don't think Jeremy is interested in having his opinion changed, and he is going to be surrounded by people in his seminary who have the same opinion and just reinforce it.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Zella said:

LOLing hard at "Aunt Bev the punchable frat boy." 😂

I think the problem is even though they've moved to California, they've moved to California to go to MacArthur's seminary. I don't think Jeremy is interested in having his opinion changed, and he is going to be surrounded by people in his seminary who have the same opinion and just reinforce it. 

Totally agree. 

But I also don't want him and Cade to go found some sexist-misogynist church together!

And I swear I could see that church as gleams in their eyes when they were first courting.

Even if they don't ever change their minds, I feel they'll be able to do less damage if they never manage to team up!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Totally agree. 

But I also don't want him and Cade to go found some sexist-misogynist church together! And I swear I could see that church as gleams in their eyes when they were first courting. Even if they don't ever change their minds, I feel they'll be able to do less damage if they never manage to team up!

Ugh I could totally see that! Come for the music and the questionable hair, stay for the ponderous, boring sermons and the fashion tips. LOL 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
Just now, Zella said:

Ugh I could totally see that! Come from the music and the questionable hair, stay for the ponderous, boring sermons and the fashion tips. LOL 

....and the rampant sexism-apparently-made-palatable-to-some-by-the-fashion-rock-and-social-media-foodie-ism.

Ewwww.

• Love 7

Robert Plant should find this Cade fellow and smack him for stealing his hair.  [As for Led Zeppelin, I thought Jimmy Page was better looking, but that's just me.] Back to Jeremy: Why is he even *on* Instagram all the time and busy hanging out with wannabe Christian rock stars? Shouldn't he be busy studying?  

• Love 8