Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

It's a tough question.

I'd never play this game, but if I did, I'd ONLY play it to win.  So would I be able to keep that focus, that none of this is real life, and simply keep my thoughts and opinions and outrage to myself in order to win?  I might, if my focus was strong enough.

To do that I'd have to repeat over and over again that it's a television show for a half million.  I'd probably talk honestly about my feelings to the camera, and my reasons.  I would never talk to the camera about anything production related, because they are the biggest player in the house, and that's one thing I'm sure I would never forget or underestimate.

Word.

The house always wins, in the end.

• Love 5

Frank's behavior this season reminds me of how much he provoked Willie in S14. I don't condone what Willie did but I think Frank's physical contact with fellow HGs this season is just as bad. He's a f**king hypocrite.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I wish he did do that. I wish people could just stand up to Frank in the way that he needs. He needs someone to sit him down and explain to him, in detail, why his actions are wrong. Unfortunately, the other houseguests are too afraid so they turn soft. And the people in charge won't do a damn thing about it. I only blame production for not talking more to him; I'd love to blame Paulie for being wishy washy, but I feel like his softened words are also out of fear. I'm just happy he actually sat Frank down to talk to him. I just wish he didn't leave the conversation with Frank feeling somewhat justified. 

I respectfully disagree with what's in bold.  Frank is a 32 year old man.  He doesn't need the HGs to sit him down and explain why his actions are wrong; he should already have learned this by now!  I can't judge the other HGs for not condemning him more forcefully because they are playing a game for a half a million dollars.  That's serious money on the line, and Frank is in a strong position in the house right now.  I don't blame the HGs for being afraid to confront him in this situation.  Also, in the real world, they could choose to avoid Frank altogether, whereas in this game, they have no choice but to live with him. They may be afraid that all confronting him will do is make things worse.  Although he wasn't as forceful as he could have been, I'm glad that Paulie at least sort of confronted Frank about what he's been doing and I'm willing to bet that if this was going on in the real world he would have been even more upfront in calling out Frank's behavior.

• Love 8
Just now, me5671 said:

I respectfully disagree with what's in bold.  Frank is a 32 year old man.  He doesn't need the HGs to sit him down and explain why his actions are wrong; he should already have learned this by now!  I can't judge the other HGs for not condemning him more forcefully because they are playing a game for a half a million dollars.  That's serious money on the line, and Frank is in a strong position in the house right now.  I don't blame the HGs for being afraid to confront him in this situation.  Also, in the real world, they could choose to avoid Frank altogether, whereas in this game, they have no choice but to live with him. They may be afraid that all confronting him will do is make things worse.  Although he wasn't as forceful as he could have been, I'm glad that Paulie at least sort of confronted Frank about what he's been doing and I'm willing to bet that if this was going on in the real world he would have been even more upfront in calling out Frank's behavior.

I see your point, I do, and I think I mentioned that also in a previous post, in that it may be too late for him. If he doesn't understand now, he probably won't understand later. But it's better than doing it softly. At least if they try to explain it to him, they can't say that they didn't try. And I know that it's harder for them to do, which is why production should be taking his responsibility. He needs to face consequences for his actions. Someone needs to tell him 'Hey, those life lessons that you learned from your family? They're not right. In the 21st century, you can't be pinching or slapping girls' asses, you can't be calling them sluts, whores, and bitches, and you can't be touching them if they're uncomfortable with it. Learn how to read body language and stop what you're doing, because the women do not like it'. I would totally be in the houseguests' situation even in the real world. I hate confrontation, so my strategy is usually fake it and then complain behind their back (it's a flaw I dislike about myself a lot). But I know that confrontation can be healthy, if done right. 

That's why I specified that it's what I wish; I know it's a 5% chance of it ever happening. Basically, if we could see someone doing this to him and he doesn't stop, at least we know people tried and he chose not to listen. Paulie did the best job that he could, so I want to see if his advice to Frank holds. It's why I'm proud of Paulie for doing the right thing. Again, I hope production deals with the situation when it inevitably comes up again. I doubt Frank will be able to just stop his comments and his actions for too long. 

• Love 6

He'll understand when he gets out of the house, and doesn't get America's Fave Player again.  Bank it.

That's probably why I'd be able to keep my mouth shut, let the public shame/confront him, and just play the game.

Then again, I've never been good at keeping my mouth shut against injustice, so who knows?

• Love 6

The edit was pretty good but it was a little 'Frank's just joking and doesn't know any better' imo, which was kind of annoying.

Agreed. I wish they played the audio after Da' yelled at Frank to stop slapping her ass -- he laughed and said "she doesn't mean it" Also wish they had showed a few more of the insults he keeps dishing out or Nic complaining that he keeps punching her in the arm and leaving a bruise. 

And if it were any other guy left in the house, I think the women would feel comfortable telling them to knock it off. Frank is such an arrogant POS that they know he's likely to target them if they criticize his behavior or let him know they don't think he's funny. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Apparently, Nicole/Corey talking about wanting Tiffany to stay over Bronte. They think they'll be cutting one of their numbers if she goes.

She is too scared that Day won't do it, though, and set them up as targets by being the only ones voting Bronte out. She tried to test the waters with Z, but Z's over Tiffany.

I think it's too early for this - if this happened Wednesday night, Tiffany might stay. But they'll revert back to their original idea (evicting Tiffany) because they'll have too much time to second guess themselves and psych themselves out.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

Agreed. I wish they played the audio after Da' yelled at Frank to stop slapping her ass -- he laughed and said "she doesn't mean it"

Actually....they did, I'm pretty sure. There was a very quick cut so it's easy to miss. I'll have to go back and double check. 

6 minutes ago, mooses said:

Apparently, Nicole/Corey talking about wanting Tiffany to stay over Bronte. They think they'll be cutting one of their numbers if she goes.

She is too scared that Day won't do it, though, and set them up as targets by being the only ones voting Bronte out. She tried to test the waters with Z, but Z's over Tiffany.

I think it's too early for this - if this happened Wednesday night, Tiffany might stay. But they'll revert back to their original idea (evicting Tiffany) because they'll have too much time to second guess themselves and psych themselves out.

I agree that it might be too early. But I'm glad that the thought is on their mind. Can they do it? I doubt it, sadly. But if they did, I'll admit that I would be ecstatic. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Actually....they did, I'm pretty sure. There was a very quick cut so it's easy to miss. I'll have to go back and double check.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I heard that part too but not 100%.

Frank is a bully.  Of course he's a grown up bully and has developed ways to pull off his demeaning and hurtful actions as joking or affection. I don't believe for one moment that he hits his mother and grandmother. That's just his excuse. It's interesting that his demeaning "jokes" and "popping" are directed at women. In my view, that is because 1. He feels vastly superior to women (note his wanting to be the sole man in a final four) and 2. He feels women are less able to defend themselves. 

I used to deal with employment complaints and was always hearing, "But she laughed at my jokes." Yes, you dumb ass. You're the boss. People laugh at the boss's jokes and then talk about him behind his back.  They never get it because they don't want to. It's just a way to lord it over their subordinates.

• Love 14
(edited)

I fucking hate Nicole.   Still playing the same bb16 game that got her evicted.   Please let it happen again.   Jodi or Jason should had got her spot as returning player.   

I can't stand this girl!   Shes no girls girl.   I remember back on BB16 how she and Victoria would hate on Brit/Amber.   She has some deep seeded insecurity,  hence why now Corey is a Faux Hayden for her.   Playing the exact game.   What's worse she does know without Glenn and Tiffany come Thurs she and Corey are the last of Freaknoidz.   So evidently doesn't care about numbers in case she's on the block someday.   

I just can't with her.   I'm ready for her to go. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 8

Yeah, it's hard to believe I was ever a fan of Nicole's but I guess I do just tend to root for the underdogs. The whiny voice and rat's nest bun have really gotten to me this season. Not to mention her inexplicable obsession with Corey. I mean, Corey?! He's basically a Neanderthal (pronounced with a "t" sound a la Brenden).

• Love 9

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I heard that part too but not 100%.

I think they had him saying something like "I got her pretty good" instead of "she didn't mean that" after she yelled at him

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

He's basically a Neanderthal (pronounced with a "t" sound a la Brenden).

In German, a th is pronounced as a hard "t".  There is no corresponding "th" sound like in English.  Native Germans have a very hard time making that sound, which is why it usually comes out like "zee".

• Love 1
Just now, PaperTree said:

In German, a th is pronounced as a hard "t".  There is no corresponding "th" sound like in English.  Native Germans have a very hard time making that sound, which is why it usually comes out like "zee".

Oh I know both pronunciations are acceptable, I just wanted to specify because that is one of my all time favorite BB moments haha.

• Love 5
(edited)

The Outback kiddos came back pretty loopy. Bridgette's been extra cuddly with Frank. They're hanging in HOH, watching the rest of the HGs on the TV.

BB.jpg

Edited by mooses

I'm confused. How does Nicole not trusting Day, and Nicole possibly wanting to keep Tiff mean she's the worst person ever? I love Day, but I think Nicole has reasons not to trust her. And I think Nicole has all the rights in the world to do whatever is best for Nicole.

• Love 9
(edited)

Week One Bridgette: "I can't sleep in the same bed as another man, because I have a boyfriend. I can't even have another man in the same bedroom while I sleep (except James because Reasons)."

Week Three Bridgette: "Come share my HoH bed, Frank!"

Not saying there's anything wrong with that but boy, it didn't take long for her to change her tune. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 14
(edited)

And Frank told Bridgette he put her up with RK! And that he won this week too!

...And Bridgette thanked him for putting her up.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, mooses said:

And Frank told Bridgette he put her up with RK!

Did she squeal and then hug him? That's how it played out in my head. Well he knows 100% he has her wrapped around his little finger. I hope both Bronte and Tiffany stay and Tiffany somehow replaces her in the Spy Girls.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Marie80 said:

Did she squeal and then hug him? That's how it played out in my head. Well he knows 100% he has her wrapped around his little finger. I hope both Bronte and Tiffany stay and Tiffany somehow replaces her in the Spy Girls.

Nah, they're already cuddled up in bed. She just thanked him. And said Frank knows best.

Barf.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 10
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

I'm confused. How does Nicole not trusting Day, and Nicole possibly wanting to keep Tiff mean she's the worst person ever? I love Day, but I think Nicole has reasons not to trust her. And I think Nicole has all the rights in the world to do whatever is best for Nicole.

Especially because Day had been basically trying to groom Tiffany to break up the showmances. Right now, I like Day over Nicole, and I want Nicole to keep Tiffany (and I think she's better off with Tiffany over Paul and Bronte) - but Nicole is right about not trusting Day without knowing why she's right.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, mooses said:

Especially because Day had been basically trying to groom Tiffany to break up the showmances. Right now, I like Day over Nicole, and I want Nicole to keep Tiffany (and I think she's better off with Tiffany over Paul and Bronte) - but Nicole is right about not trusting Day without knowing why she's right.

Agreed. Nicole isn't stupid, she knows what Day is trying to do. She knows that Day told James about that alliance that was suggested with the 2 Showmances & Day. And it is smarter for Nicole to keep Tiffany for her game then it is to keep Bronte. She's right, Tiffany wouldn't put Nicole up, at least not right now. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

OK, I'm still behind in what has happened in the house and what has been happening here, but I have to post this now. Nicole and Michelle talking about how great a player Dan is, and how great the funeral was. Frank is saying he always saw right through Dan, the funeral meant nothing, Dan just swore on everything, and that's why Frank basically threw his whole game away, because of course. Basically, he is really, really pissy that Nicole and Michelle think Dan was so great (which he was, and the funeral was the best save ever. Period). It. Is. Awesome

Obviously, Dan did a great job there and it is moronic of Frank to claim otherwise. However, I think Frank sometimes gets a bit of a raw deal on Dan's Funeral, in the sense that Frank was in a bad situation at the time. He was going to have to win comps the rest of the way through to stay around that season. So I think Dan's offer was about as good as Frank was going to get at the time. It wasn't like Britney was on his side, either, and unlike Dan, she wasn't even offering him anything. In fact, had Jenn won the next HoH, I think Dan actually WOULD have stuck with them, as Dan was just trying to follow whoever was in power. The other side won the next HoH, though, so it never happened. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm pretty sure in every conversation Paulie has with someone, he manages to drop Cody or Derrick's name. Cory said "it's too easy" (I think he's talking about wanting to keep Tiffany), and Paulie's like - Cody said his season was easy, he and Derrick just chilled! Calm down!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

@BB_Updates
Frank told Bridgette that he will help her get second place and America's Favorite #BB18

Bridgette isn't going to be anybody's favorite unless she finds a way to screw Frank over.

• Love 13
(edited)

Tiffany/Nicole/Paulie/Michelle talking:

Michelle: Next week, we have to put up her [Bridgette] and Bronte up...

Tiffany: Her and Bronte?! Isn't Bronte gonna be gone?

Michelle: ...Oh, yeah.

Tiffany: I hope! Right?

Nicole: Natalie! She's still buzzing! [Michelle got pretty drunky tonight]

If that doesn't make Tiffany paranoid, I don't know what will.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Hey, hey guys, we're all cool here! Can we all band together and agree on one thing and that's this is not going to be another season 15? We don't have bigoted racists, or a bunch of misogynists who have their minions following every word that they say because they're afraid to go against the house. I'm just thrilled we've had more than two diverse houseguests this season, both in race and sexual orientation. We're lucky in that we've had more than half the house! Let's see...we have James, Zak, Day, Natalie, Jozea, Victor, Tiffany, and Bridgette! Oh yeah, and we've also had Glenn and maybe Bronte. Unfortunately we have Frank the Raging Misogynist, but at least people aren't completely sitting down and letting him say and do these things. 

I totally understand that there's some disappointment in the first three evictees were all minorities, and Tiffany would be the fourth. But we still have so many more minorities in the house. And Frank is the next big target, and Frank's been throwing out Corey and Paulie's names as potentials to go next. Frank has been throwing everyone's names out, to be fair. It's funny because he has no F2 deal that will actually stick. He has nobody to trust. Maybe Bridgette, but if the Spy Girls get more numbers, she could easily dump Frank and I doubt she'd take Frank over Bronte or Natalie in the finals. 

Also, I laugh at Frank saying he was never misted by Dan. Dude, you were the one misted most of all. You got Dan's own target out that week. Idiot. Dan was a phenomenal player, and Frank will never be anywhere close to his level. He's delusional if he thinks he outsmarted Dan. Nobody could outsmart Dan, not even Ian, in my opinion.

Not for nothing, but Day AND Z?  And both are doing relatively well in the game (IMO)!  Neither was cast as cannon fodder!

So, I do give some credit to someone for that.

I do think that Jozea and Glenn were cast as cannon fodder/easy targets.  

But now I'm trying to think of how many straight, white people were cast: Frank, Nicole, Bronte (I think?), Michelle, Corey (NotGayCorey), Paulie

That is six houseguests out of how many?

ETA: I totally understand not wanting anything to make casting decide that next season should be dedicated to all young straight white people.  The variety has made the house so much more interesting IMO.  When I think of the first four out of the house, I think at least three of them could be interesting comebacks.

We barely got to see Glenn, and he seems like a super fan and a student of the game

Jozea and his delusions

Tiffany could potentially be interesting and I think once she gets booted from the game she will see things clearly and perhaps play a more strategic game.

I think Victor is a total dud, so he can go back home to his mommy.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, me5671 said:

Frank wanting Michelle and Corey out so early is a huge mistake.  Neither of them are any serious threat to him... and if anything Michelle could be a huge asset for him if he treated her a little better.

Frank only sees Corey and Michelle as newbies wanting to ride the coattails of the vets, and - in Corey's case - competition for Nicole's loyalty.  As for Michelle, I think Frank saw her only as a tool - and Bridgette has already shown herself to be a much more capable and willing tool for his use.

6 hours ago, Marie80 said:

I believe he slapped Z on the butt too. He "play" choked Natalie and basically has man-handled the rest as well.

From what I've seen - and I'll readily allow there may be much I may have missed - Frank has:

1. Smacked both Da and Z on the ass - Da, at least, more than once.
  2. Slapped Z's gut once with an accompanying remark she was (IIRC) "getting flabby".
  3. Pinched at Natalie's stomach at least once, with a similar accompanying comment.
  4. Play-choked Natalie - but to the extent he nearly took her off her feet.

Franks has also more than once made disparaging remarks to Nicole about both the quantity of food she eats and her manner of eating it.  I am unaware, however, of any accompanying inappropriate physical contact such as has been inflicted upon the others.

5 hours ago, NeelyOh said:

Agreed. I wish they played the audio after Da' yelled at Frank to stop slapping her ass -- he laughed and said "she doesn't mean it" Also wish they had showed a few more of the insults he keeps dishing out or Nic complaining that he keeps punching her in the arm and leaving a bruise. 

They did, but not to the extent of catching Frank's "she doesn't mean it" comment, IIRC.  Listen closely, however, and you can hear Frank chortling, "I got her good" as Da fast-steps away.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Maverick said:

And not in the good way. 

There is nothing good about the two of them doing that type of screwing either.

In other news, someone else compared Bridgette to Ms. Swan from MAD/TV and now I can't unsee it.

• Love 3

Nicole trolling Bridgette about Frank: "I'm glad Frank is taking care of you. He's a good guy."

Bridgette: "He is."

Nicole: "Everyone knows he's a good guy, y'know?"

Bridgette: "He really is."

Da'Vonne also slipped to Tiffany about Bronte being here next week. I think we'll get some paranoia going now.

• Love 2

Per jokers.....    Who are the trust fund babies of celebs? Frank maybe and?

---------

Mon 4:16 AM BBTSpy Girls squealing and jumping on bed because they figured out this year's twist. There's 2 of everything in the house. NT - PowerofVito

Mon 4:18 AM BBTSpy Girls: There's 2 math tutors, 2 dancers, 2 siblings, 2 male vets, 2 female vets, 2 superfans, 2 trust fund babies of celebs NT - PowerofVito

(edited)
1 hour ago, brdwygurl said:

Per jokers.....    Who are the trust fund babies of celebs? Frank maybe and?

---------

Mon 4:16 AM BBTSpy Girls squealing and jumping on bed because they figured out this year's twist. There's 2 of everything in the house. NT - PowerofVito

Mon 4:18 AM BBTSpy Girls: There's 2 math tutors, 2 dancers, 2 siblings, 2 male vets, 2 female vets, 2 superfans, 2 trust fund babies of celebs NT - PowerofVito

One thing is for sure the editing crew for BB's production can continue making them look dumb ?

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

???  LOL!

It will be interesting to see if the DR lends a helping hand to some HGs to open their eyes to what Frank is doing.  The edit he got on the show last night is giving me hope.  

It will take a lot though.  The pinheads, Cory and Paulie see Frank as working on their behalf playing HOH with Bridget.  

Edited by wings707
9 hours ago, mooses said:

The Outback kiddos came back pretty loopy. Bridgette's been extra cuddly with Frank. They're hanging in HOH, watching the rest of the HGs on the TV.

BB.jpg

So much for, I cannot sleep in the same bed with a man.  

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

So much for, I cannot sleep in the same bed with a man.  

Somehow I doubt that Dr. boyfriend of only one month will be ok with that.  Plenty of adoring nurses for him no doubt.

• Love 3

Well, I will give Frank credit for one thing. He has found the dumbest woman to be in a showmance with, much like season 14. Yes, I'm aware Frank has a girlfriend. But Bridgette honestly seems attracted to this man, and Frank has no problems using her. So maybe showmance is a more loose term, in this case. 

Corey and Nicole seem to be considering keeping Tiffany around still. You know, I'd be down for that actually happening. Bronte has good DRs, but that's about it. I wouldn't miss her if she left instead. But it's only Monday now, so I guess we'll have to see what happens in the next three days. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm catching up on last night and it was seeming so fun. I was even liking Paulie for a minute, but then he said Natalie would be a "one-nighter" and that you "don't bring those home to mama." Gross. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

Somehow I doubt that Dr. boyfriend of only one month will be ok with that.  Plenty of adoring nurses for him no doubt.

I missed that it is only a one month relationship.  She is toast, if only for displaying how stupid she is, never mind sleeping in the same bed with Frank. 

Paulie certainly sees Natalie with different eyes than we do.   Maybe she was a wild party girl when he knew her or knew of her.  I don't really see her with James in real life, but they are sweet on the show, and I like to dream nice things for them.  

I don't get Nicole's fascination with Corey.  He is tall and has a good body, buttisface! (as they like to say about women)  His face looks dumb to me.  I'm sad to think that Nicole may like rather vacant men.  Hayden was quirky, but didn't seem that smart either.   Also Corey muttered on camera for no apparent reason, "I like thick women," or something like that. I laughed when Nicole said she just liked to look at him and didn't pay attention to what he said.  Just as well, Nicole.  Just as well.

• Love 12

This should be good feed watching today, well I hope it is.  I see the wheels turning to keep Tiffany and boot Bronte.  I am particularly interested in what happens after a DR talk.  

2 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

Nicole said she just liked to look at him and didn't pay attention to what he said.  Just as well, Nicole.  Just as well.

She is a tad vacant herself and I am not sure Cory listens to her either, having nothing to do with being stunned by her beauty.  He perpetually has a vacant thought bubble over his head. 

• Love 4
(edited)

From Joker's:

Mon 4:28 AM BBT Bridgette: Corey is not that cute. Natalie: To girls in Texas he is.

Now tell me Natalie doesn't have Corey pegged to a tee.  Go on, I double-dog-dare ya.  Total big-fish-in-a-little-pond.

5 hours ago, RCharter said:

In other news, someone else compared Bridgette to Ms. Swan from MAD/TV and now I can't unsee it.

Really?  Every time I look at Bridgette I see the Little Girl from Katamari Damacy.

Edited by Nashville
Fishy, fishy, fishy, woo.
  • Love 6