Type keyword(s) to search

Christina Grimmie

• Start Topic

Not sure where to put this. Very sad.

From USA Today:

Christina Grimmie, a singer known for competing on The Voice, was shot and killed Friday night after a concert in Orlando.

Grimmie, who had wrapped up the show withBefore You Exit at the Plaza Live Theater, was signing autographs when a man walked up to her and shot her, Orlando Sgt. Wanda Miglio said at a news conference.

Grimmie's brother tackled him. The suspect then shot himself.

"This should have been something that was fun and exciting," Miglio said, "and for something like this to happen is just a tragedy."

Grimmie was taken to the Orlando Regional Medical Center in critical condition.

#PrayforChristina started trending on Twitter as friends, fans and other singers hoped for the singer to pull through. But police announced early Saturday that she had died from her injuries. She was 22.

"There are no words," The Voice tweeted. "We lost a beautiful soul with an amazing voice. Our hearts go out to the friends, fans and family of @TheRealGrimmie."

Fans and celebrities have expressed their grief and outrage on social media as they learned of Grimmie's death.

(edited)

I just heard the news on the radio a little while ago, I was getting stuff out of the fridge when I heard the guy on the radio first say it was someone from The Voice, I stopped in my tracks to listen, expecting it would be someone not as well known, not that it would be any less important, but then when he said the name, I said, holy shit...damn.

That awful, so sad and scary.  Feel terrible for her family and fans. She was a talented kid.

I'm sure they'll say something on the upcoming season.

Who were the other two judges on her season besides Blake and Adam?

Edited by Valny
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Valny said:

I'm sure they'll say something on the upcoming season.

Who were the other two judges on her season besides Blake and Adam?

Usher and Shakira, I think. I'm more sure about Usher since I think Josh Kauffman won.

Such terrible and sad news. Condolences to her family friends and fans. 

7 minutes ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Usher and Shakira, I think. I'm more sure about Usher since I think Josh Kauffman won.

Such terrible and sad news. Condolences to her family friends and fans. 

You're right.  Shakira was the other judge.  Kristen Merlin was her contestant who made the top 4 and was on the tour that summer.  If there had been a finale with a top 4, every judge would have had a contestant in the finale.  

This is all just so tragic.  My hubby really liked Christina and is still in shock.  

That's nuts...I just happened to have the news on this morning and heard about her murder. It appears a random guy just came up and shot her. How tragic and devastating for her family. Especially her poor brother who apparently tackled the killer after seeing his sister get shot. 

I saw this on NYDN today -  very tragic.  Sounds like a stalker.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/grimmie-dead-man-21-traveled-orlando-kill-article-1.2669835

The 21-year-old shooter, who cops declined to identify, arrived at Grimmie’s post-concert meet-and-greet with fans packing two handguns, a large hunting knife and two extra loaded magazines, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said.

The killer had drove from another Florida city and planned to return, Mina said, without naming the city.

"There is no indication that they knew each other," Mina said.

I found out today via YouTube(and remembered) that she sang Wrecking Ball for her audition( sounded great) and it's interesting that Miley Cyrus will be on board next season.

I never saw Christina Grimmie's season of The Voice but did know her through that Humane Society/ASPCA commercial as she covered Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For A Hero". This is just terrible. And I cannot fathom the agony her poor brother is going through right now.  :-( She was only 22. It's such a damned waste.

May Christina rest in peace and may her brother find his own peace eventually.

(edited)
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I saw this on NYDN today -  very tragic.  Sounds like a stalker.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/grimmie-dead-man-21-traveled-orlando-kill-article-1.2669835

The 21-year-old shooter, who cops declined to identify, arrived at Grimmie’s post-concert meet-and-greet with fans packing two handguns, a large hunting knife and two extra loaded magazines, Orlando Police Chief John Mina said.

The killer had drove from another Florida city and planned to return, Mina said, without naming the city.

"There is no indication that they knew each other," Mina said.

Sure. But murder is actually rare for stalkers--especially with first meetings (which it sounds like this was--unless they dig up a pattern of previous harassment she simply hadn't talked about to anyone). And murder--suicide?  On the fucked up scale that's the outer limit.  There likely has to be some seriously complex delusion--something really elaborate.

Sad doesn't even begin to cover this. I will say that although there have been plenty of Reality show contestant stalkings, and quite a number of tragic deaths of various kinds, this is going to cause a big rethink for some people about going on those shows.  And you have to bet that any attractive female contestant, especially singers, who've come off ANY of those shows, is tightening their security as we speak. Those who can afford security I mean. Whatever delusion this guy had, it doesn't make the situation immune from copycats. 

Edited by Kromm

Absolutely awful news. I couldn't believe it when I read about Christina Grimmie's passing. It just doesn't seem  real to me. She was so young and talented with her whole life ahead of her.

My condolences to her family and friends especially her brother who was actually there when it happened. May she rest in peace.

It's beyond sad that a young person living her dreams in a good and positive way had to die - and the manner of death is shocking and scary.

I have a son and daughter in their mid-20's.  I can't imagine the grief the brother and parents are experiencing.  

The news about Christina Grimmie hit me really hard. I remember watching her cover of "E.T." and "Bound to You" on YouTube years ago. I liked that she looked like an emo girl, but she could really sing. I had no idea she had made her way onto the Voice. The last time I saw her was on the ASPCA commercial playing piano and I was like, "aw man, it's Christina!" I was happy she was making moves. But when I heard this I was shocked. It's just horrible. I'm glad her brother jumped in so that he didn't hurt anybody else, but I hate the dude killed himself like a coward instead of being brought to justice. I'm still wondering what is going to come out of this story...if he was just a crazed fan or if they knew each other personally. She was a social media celebrity before she started getting industry attention, so it's possible this was a stalker she managed to ignore for awhile.

Still, RIP Christina. You were a beautiful, talented, sweet girl who didn't deserve this at all. Ugh.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but apparently Adam Levine has stepped in to pay for her funeral. Rest in peace.

I was just coming here to post about this.  Here is a link:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-levine-offers-pay-voice-902267?facebook_20160613

Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine is offering to pay for the late Christina Grimmie's funeral, Grimmie's brother Marcus reported on hisFacebook page.

Levine — who was Grimmie's coach when she competed on the sixth season of The Voice — reached out to her family over the weekend after hearing the news that the 22-year-old was shot and killed by a deranged fan Friday night (June 10).

"I found out this morning that Adam Levine personally called my mother and said he will pay for her funeral and her plane flight, and I was blown away," he shared in a post.

Additionally, Christina's brother Marcus posted a link on his FB page to a change.org petition "to help Christina possible be remembered in the next legend of Zelda game, her favorite game of all time."  Here is the link to the petition:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-name-a-npc-in-a-legend-of-zelda-game-after-christina-grimmie?recruiter=555978182&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-reason_msg

12 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I was just coming here to post about this.  Here is a link:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/adam-levine-offers-pay-voice-902267?facebook_20160613

Additionally, Christina's brother Marcus posted a link on his FB page to a change.org petition "to help Christina possible be remembered in the next legend of Zelda game, her favorite game of all time."  Here is the link to the petition:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-name-a-npc-in-a-legend-of-zelda-game-after-christina-grimmie?recruiter=555978182&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-reason_msg

Yeah, that includes this signatory...

She was my best friend for 18 years, and deserves this. We both adored playing Zelda together.

Sarah Luebkemann, Evesham Township, NJ

2 days ago

21 hours ago, Shades of Scarlet said:

Thanks.  I had forgotten about the Drake cover.  Wow.  What a talent she was. 

That remains one of my all time Top 10 Voice performances.

What a tragedy.

(edited)

'Kind heart': Bria Kelly remembers her 'Voice' pal Christina Grimmie

And although I don't generally think much of Social Media as a way to document your troubles, if you look at Bria Kelly's Twitter, it's a litany of legitimate pain. Some of us hoard our personal pain, but I guess the Tweet Generation broadcasts it. Given that she was actually legitimately close to Grimmie and not one of the legions who had a one-way relationship with Grimmie, I respect it. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

'Kind heart': Bria Kelly remembers her 'Voice' pal Christina Grimmie

And although I don't generally think much of Social Media as a way to document your troubles, if you look at Bria Kelly's Twitter, it's a litany of legitimate pain. Some of us hoard our personal pain, but I guess the Tweet Generation broadcasts it. Given that she was actually legitimately close to Grimmie and not one of the legions who had a one-way relationship with Grimmie, I respect it. 

Bria's twitter is really hard to read.  I didn't think it was possible to express so much pain using Twitter.

36 minutes ago, viajero said:

Bria's twitter is really hard to read.  I didn't think it was possible to express so much pain using Twitter.

We were talking elsewhere (I believe the Misc. Celeb Thread) about how most social media ruins the grieving process. Most is insincere, badly expressed, seemingly obligatory, or has some other element which rings false.

Bria's is genuine anguish. 

Not that she's totally un-self-aware of this process. She PINNED the most anguished Tweet, for example. A very considered act. But I do believe everything she's saying is real, and not "drama". 

I have created this topic for the discussion of the death of Christina Grimmie, as I've seen discussions of this in two different topics here. Perhaps one of our moderators could move those messages to this topic?

In the months before she was killed, Christina was working on a concept EP accompanied by four music videos that together make up "The Ballad of Jessica Blue".  The first of those videos was released today, with the others following a week apart.  The following provides the story behind this project:

https://www.yahoo.com/music/watch-christina-grimmies-posthumous-snow-white-video-premiere-190858451.html

Snow White is the first of the music videos:

Edited by viajero
  • Love 1