Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, OhOkayWhat said:

I think she will go South first, to find something fundamental about herself and then she will go back North at the end of season.

I think she's done finding herself, that was what the Braavos storyline was about (and to pick up some nifty assassin skills).  She knows who she is, now she needs to (continue) to act and get stuff done.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I think she's done finding herself, that was what the Braavos storyline was about (and to pick up some nifty assassin skills).  She knows who she is, now she needs to (continue) to act and get stuff done.

One of the fundamental questions she must solve is this one: what she will do about the darkness growing inside her? (A darkness that is corrupting her whole being).

On 8/18/2016 at 11:12 AM, SeanC said:

Young Lord in his late 20’s. He’s a tall, handsome young lord, and the show is looking for a white actor who uses the RP accent. He’s scheduled to shoot in the week commencing September 20th.

As someone who is really hoping for Harrenhal flashbacks, I'm kind of hoping it might be Rhaegar. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

One of the fundamental questions she must solve is this one: what she will do about the darkness growing inside her? (A darkness that is corrupting her whole being).

She's already decided what she's going to do with whatever thoughts and emotions she's contending with.  She started by leaving the House of Black and White as Arya Stark and killing Walder Frey. 

WOTW:  They're prepping the Riverrun set at Banbridge again, specifically the castle courtyard.  And they've heard from sources that Dany will be filming in the Dragonpit, which I don't think we've ever seen a visual of before in any of the establishing shots of KL.

Re: the Riverrun filming, beyond confirming there's more happening in the Riverlands, I wonder if this doesn't back up my speculation from last season's finale, where they made a point of mentioning that Edmure was in the dungeon of the Twins.  Since that's where Arya is when last we saw her, maybe she'll begin the season by springing her uncle.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

She's already decided what she's going to do with whatever thoughts and emotions she's contending with.  She started by leaving the House of Black and White as Arya Stark and killing Walder Frey. 

Her feelings and ideas are changing constantly, she is discovering things about herself that she did not realized before. She is analyzing people from new angles. She is changing what she thought was set on stone. There is goodness inside her, but a lot of darkness too, and as I said, it is growing. There will be a great conflict inside her heart soon. Will she go North, to reunite with her family? will she travel South, looking for vengeance? And there is a lot people in the middle, will she reunite with them? what she will do if that happens? A lot of roads, and many choices too.

3 hours ago, SeanC said:

Re: the Riverrun filming, beyond confirming there's more happening in the Riverland

Yes, Riverlands is chaotic right now, too many "broken men" groups walking around there.

Edited by OhOkayWhat
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SeanC said:

And they've heard from sources that Dany will be filming in the Dragonpit, which I don't think we've ever seen a visual of before in any of the establishing shots of KL.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to see a shot of Cersei issuing outrageous orders while behind her through the window we see dragons arriving!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

Joe Dempsie reportedly said at the Asia Pacific Comicon that Gendry won't be back for Season 7 or 8 (source: matthewescosia on Instagram).

Which direction was the dude rowing??? 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Well that's disappointing! I was hoping to see him again. :( 

Fwiw, Joseph Mawle and Richard Dormer both lied about their returns in s6. And digging around instagram for others who attended this event, it doesn't look like he said anything definitive at all.

Edited by Lady S.
  • Love 6
On 29/08/2016 at 6:11 AM, Lady S. said:

Fwiw, Joseph Mawle and Richard Dormer both lied about their returns in s6. And digging around instagram for others who attended this event, it doesn't look like he said anything definitive at all.

Thanks! And everybody repeated over and over that Jon was dead during the last hiatus, so I'm going to cruise the Nile again. It ain't over 'til rowing is over. Many characters Gendry was connected to on the show or met in the books (Brienne) returned and/or were last seen in the Riverlands, after all.

• Love 1
On 2016-08-29 at 0:11 AM, Lady S. said:

A few things:

First off, I can't speak for Joseph Mawle and Richard Dormer, but in the past Joe Dempsie has told fans about whether or not he was going to appear in the upcoming season, so if he did say he wasn't coming back, it was in all likelihood 100% legit. Moreover, that clip you linked also cut off right when he started talking about D&D, and "I'd like to come back" really means nothing either way. Lastly, as for others who attended who seem to have reports conflicting with Matthew Escosia's account, they might have missed the interview Escosia seems to have seen. Escosia had a Media pass to the event (meaning that he might have been privy to things the general public would have missed) and from his website appears to be a general entertainment blogger, so I'm more inclined to think he got it right.

I think it's possible that Joe Dempsie did confirm at APCC that he wouldn't be returning and that this would have been missed by people who didn't see that interview.

Edited by Eyes High
7 hours ago, Eyes High said:

A few things:

First off, I can't speak for Joseph Mawle and Richard Dormer, but in the past Joe Dempsie has told fans about whether or not he was going to appear in the upcoming season, so if he did say he wasn't coming back, it was in all likelihood 100% legit.

I wasn't denying Dempsie's honesty in the past. From what I remember, he always denies having heard anything from D&D, which is different from saying he knows he won't hear back from them ever, ever again. Saying he wouldn't be in s7 or s8 feels like a departure from his past answers. TPTB's standard operating procedure seems to be leaving actors hanging, not confirming to someone that they wouldn't be needed in the upcoming season or the one after that. I also don't think personal honesty has much to do with it, any more than it did with Kitten. Benjen's and Beric's returns were more unexpected than Jon's when s6 was filming, so I think Mawle and Dormer lied because they were supposed to, just like Kitten, not because they were all inherently more dishonest than Dempsie and other actors. D&D don't even seem to like confirming when people genuinely won't make an appearance, acting annoyed when Kristian broke the news about the Bran squad sitting out s5. (Isaac had been careful about not revealing anything before that, which I also think had to do with answering how he was supposed to.) Of course saying he'd like to come back doesn't mean anything in itself, but saying D&D don't leave loose ends doesn't sound like he was about to say he wouldn't be in s7 or s8.

• Love 2

Jim Broadbent cast in what is said to be a "significant" role.

The two most common speculations I've seen are Howland Reed and an archmaester at the Citadel.  The former seems improbable to me -- he's 10 years older than Sean Bean, and frankly I would have guessed the age gap was a lot bigger than that; the latter is very plausible, particularly if they want to use a big name guest star to help draw focus to that plot.

Edited by SeanC
On 8/30/2016 at 3:43 PM, WearyTraveler said:

We're calling him Kitten? That's awesome! :D

I've been calling him that for a while. I don't remember which site/comm I stole the nickname from.

On 8/31/2016 at 9:38 AM, stagmania said:

I'm not going to lie, I'm slightly heartbroken that we're probably never seeing Gendry again.

Maybe not in s7, but I don't think s8 can be ruled out. I haven't found a full vid with the pink shirt interview pictured in the instagram post, but here's the other Q&A he did at the con in question.. When asked when he'd return to GoT, this was his A: "Having so many friends on the show it's something that I've missed. I miss Belfast as well, it's a wonderful city to work in and I would jump on the opportunity to be back, but the reality is that I don't know when or if he's gonna return. I think that they should address Gendry's storyline, but I wouldn't say that to them...I would love to come back. Fingers crossed.", which better matches his past interviews where he hadn't heard anything but was hopeful about future seasons, rather than saying he knew he'd never, ever come back. I very much doubt he ruled out both s7 and s8 in the parts of the pink-shirted interview I haven't seen.

• Love 2
On 8/25/2016 at 9:42 PM, GreyBunny said:
On 8/22/2016 at 10:09 PM, OhOkayWhat said:

I think she will go South first, to find something fundamental about herself and then she will go back North at the end of season.

You think she won't succumb to the temptation to make a little trip to King's Landing to visit Queen Cersei the Batshit?

• Love 1

I actually think the Sand Snakes might betray Daenerys once she's got them close to Cersei. The one things the show has shown us is that the Sand Snakes WILL betray you, you just don't know when or how.

That would mean turning on their only ally to help the woman with a major reason to kill them.  There is no way that the writers could justify such a move.

You think she won't succumb to the temptation to make a little trip to King's Landing to visit Queen Cersei the Batshit?

Nope, I think she'll hear about Jon and Sansa taking over Winterfell and head up North to head towards them.  I'd be shocked if season 6 wasn't a final unification of the Stark kids before they all split up and head towards their destinies.

Onto the other predictions. 

I think at some point that Dany and Tyrion get separated and Tyrion gets into enough trouble where one of the dragons (likely Viserion) has to save him which is how he learns that he's  one of the riders.

I think that there will be a war at the vale and if it'll likely be something Sansa related. I'm leaning towards her pulling a Lyanna. Well she won't fall in love with LF but other then that...

Dany will likely hear about the walkers and be forced to temporarily abandon her quest for the throne. 

I'm making the bold prediction that Cersei doesn't die this season.

Jamie an Cersei grow further apart

Major deaths: Davos, Edd, Sand snakes, Yara.

K that's all I got for now. Woot, feels good to be back. 

10 hours ago, Oscirus said:

I think that there will be a war at the vale and if it'll likely be something Sansa related. I'm leaning towards her pulling a Lyanna. Well she won't fall in love with LF but other then that...

I doubt we'll ever see the Vale again.  The writers pretty obviously wanted to move all the important characters out of there as quickly as possible.

Dany will likely hear about the walkers and be forced to temporarily abandon her quest for the throne. 

If, as the filming spoilers indicate, she's made it to King's Landing, I'm pretty sure the throne is hers at that point.

As far as Arya's story goes, she's pretty clearly going to be hanging in the Riverlands with some combination of the Hound/BwoB, Brienne and Melisandre for the first bit.  What that story might involve is an open question.  I'd be inclined to say afterward they go North for the end of Season 6, though I can't entirely rule out some sort of foray southward, simply because of the way the writers were talking at the end of Season 6 about how the audience should be concerned about Arya's attitude in killing Walder Frey.

I doubt we'll ever see the Vale again.  The writers pretty obviously wanted to move all the important characters out of there as quickly as possible.

I disagree. I tend to think we have to see them again. You don't build up the Vale as an impenetrable fortress and show them to have one of the most powerful armies left and not use it.  Especially when said Army is being led by the smartest villain in the game.

If, as the filming spoilers indicate, she's made it to King's Landing, I'm pretty sure the throne is hers at that point.

My current hypothesis that the "House of the Undying" episode where Dany reaches out to the throne but doesn't quite touch it, is foreshadowing for Dany never sitting on the throne.  I think she can make it to King's landing but circumstances will prevent her from sitting on the throne.

As far as Arya's story goes, she's pretty clearly going to be hanging in the Riverlands with some combination of the Hound/BwoB, Brienne and Melisandre for the first bit.  What that story might involve is an open question.  I'd be inclined to say afterward they go North for the end of Season 6, though I can't entirely rule out some sort of foray southward, simply because of the way the writers were talking at the end of Season 6 about how the audience should be concerned about Arya's attitude in killing Walder Frey.

Unless I missed something spoiler wise, why would Arya stay in the riverlands? The show spent season six establishing that she's a Stark first and foremost. I'd imagine that news of her brother and sister being in Winterfell would send her there.  The only other story that might be a possibility is that she goes to King's landing and I'm only basing that minor possibility on the looks she shared with Jaime

1 hour ago, Oscirus said:

I disagree. I tend to think we have to see them again. You don't build up the Vale as an impenetrable fortress and show them to have one of the most powerful armies left and not use it.  Especially when said Army is being led by the smartest villain in the game.

The army has already left the Vale, though, because Baelish intends to use it elsewhere.  And they tore down the Eyrie sets after Season 4, which isn't suggestive of them ever intending to go back there.

My current hypothesis that the "House of the Undying" episode where Dany reaches out to the throne but doesn't quite touch it, is foreshadowing for Dany never sitting on the throne.  I think she can make it to King's landing but circumstances will prevent her from sitting on the throne.

Once she takes King's Landing, she is the queen, whether she sits on the chair or not.

Unless I missed something spoiler wise, why would Arya stay in the riverlands? The show spent season six establishing that she's a Stark first and foremost. I'd imagine that news of her brother and sister being in Winterfell would send her there.  

The show has very conspicuously put a bunch of characters still in the Riverlands as of the end of Season 6, or headed there (and with Mel, we know she's going to run into Arya).  We know there's going to be more filming at the Riverrun courtyard set.  And, purely on a story level, the show spent much of Season 6 setting up a sibling tension between Jon and Sansa that seems likely to play out over Season 7, and too many other characters getting there too quickly will probably get in the way of that.

Edited by SeanC
3 hours ago, SeanC said:

The army has already left the Vale, though, because Baelish intends to use it elsewhere.  And they tore down the Eyrie sets after Season 4, which isn't suggestive of them ever intending to go back there.

Pretty much.  The big reason it's impenetrable is because it gets snowed in during winter and virtually no one can get in or out through the snow, plus the mountain clans make things even more difficult.  

6 hours ago, Oscirus said:

Unless I missed something spoiler wise, why would Arya stay in the riverlands? The show spent season six establishing that she's a Stark first and foremost. I'd imagine that news of her brother and sister being in Winterfell would send her there.  The only other story that might be a possibility is that she goes to King's landing and I'm only basing that minor possibility on the looks she shared with Jaime

We usually forget the Big Narrative within the show. Arya/Sandor/Bwb cannot be in the North yet, if they go it will ruin the showrunners plans for the Jon-Sansa-Littlefinger storyline next season.

Edited by OhOkayWhat

The wars over. Where do you think the Vale army is going to go now? As for tearing down the sets. The only thing that really indicates is that nobody's going through the moon door. I don't imagine sets would be needed if they wanted to pull off a war outside.

Once she takes King's Landing, she is the queen, whether she sits on the chair or not.

True enough.  I still don't feel as if she's going to make it to the throne this season.  But even if I disregard that, and  she  actually becomes queen/takes King landing , I still think that she'll be forced to abandon the crown due to the white walker invasion.

he show has very conspicuously put a bunch of characters still in the Riverlands as of the end of Season 6, or headed there (and with Mel, we know she's going to run into Arya).

Brienne's already left,  so there's nobody left there for her. If she runs into Sandor and the BwB that would likely mean that she would go north with them.  At that point, Mellisandra  could cross paths with arya and crew at any time.  I'm sure she'll start off in the riverlands but she'll definitely head north and likely make her way to Winterfell.

Pretty much.  The big reason it's impenetrable is because it gets snowed in during winter and virtually no one can get in or out through the snow, plus the mountain clans make things even more difficult.  

It's currently winter on the show. Just saying 

We usually forget the Big Narrative within the show. Arya/Sandor/Bwb cannot be in the North yet, if they go it will ruin the showrunners plans for the Jon-Sansa-Littlefinger storyline next season.

Arya's arrival at Winterfell could easily be slowed down due to other circumstances. Her heading to Winterfell doesn't mean that she has to get there ASAP.

4 hours ago, Oscirus said:

The wars over. Where do you think the Vale army is going to go now?

The war isn't over, though.  Hence, why they're all talking about fighting side by side going forward.

But even if I disregard that, and  she  actually becomes queen/takes King landing , I still think that she'll be forced to abandon the crown due to the white walker invasion.

Why?  If the White Walkers are invading, the realm is going to need a queen.

Brienne's already left,  so there's nobody left there for her.

No, she hasn't.  They very conspicuously did not show her after she leaves Riverrun.

Since we know there's more Riverrun filming, it stands to reason there's more story to be told in the Riverlands.

The war isn't over, though.  Hence, why they're all talking about fighting side by side going forward.

The war that they were sent to fight is over. Their being allies doesn't mean the army just stays around and waits for the next war.

Why?  If the White Walkers are invading, the realm is going to need a queen.

What does the realm need more? A queen or someone who can control the dragons?

No, she hasn't.  They very conspicuously did not show her after she leaves Riverrun

She's clearly headed back to Sansa. Her mission failed so she has to go back to Sansa.  She has no reason to hang around riverrun. 

37 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

She's clearly headed back to Sansa. Her mission failed so she has to go back to Sansa.  She has no reason to hang around riverrun. 

I agree. She and Pod were MIA/travelling in the final 2 episodes of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in WF by episode 1 or 2. I can't think of any reason why she would delay or be delayed in getting back to Sansa. While I agree that Arya and the Hound can't show up at WF just yet (gotta allow LF to cause trouble), I don't think Brienne needs to be kept away. She doesn't have damning evidence against LF, she's basically Sansa's 'yes woman', and she won't interfere in any shenanigans Sansa and LF get up to. The Riverlands has plenty of people with Arya, the Hound, the BwB, and possibly Melisandre and Edmure.

5 hours ago, Oscirus said:

The war that they were sent to fight is over.

And there's a bigger one beginning.  They've declared independence, and the White Walkers are coming.  That's why Royce is talking about them all fighting side-by-side -- if the fighting was over, that wouldn't be a consideration.

What does the realm need more? A queen or someone who can control the dragons?

Why does being one preclude the other?  The other Targaryen kings did both (until the dragons were gone).

4 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I agree. She and Pod were MIA/travelling in the final 2 episodes of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up in WF by episode 1 or 2.

That's just it, though, they were absent.  If they were just going to go back to Winterfell without incident, they could easily have been at Winterfell in the finale.  They weren't.  That suggests that there's more for them to do elsewhere.

While I agree that Arya and the Hound can't show up at WF just yet (gotta allow LF to cause trouble), I don't think Brienne needs to be kept away. She doesn't have damning evidence against LF, she's basically Sansa's 'yes woman', and she won't interfere in any shenanigans Sansa and LF get up to. 

Brienne doesn't have damning evidence, but she's clear-headed, gives honest advice, and Sansa evidently trusts her in a way that the writing suggests she doesn't with anyone else.

Edited by SeanC
5 hours ago, SeanC said:

That's just it, though, they were absent.  If they were just going to go back to Winterfell without incident, they could easily have been at Winterfell in the finale. 

Pod is not a Gendry class rower...their absence from Winterfell is temporally consistent.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm not even sure what to say about this. Old Nan's Nan? Flashback person? Someone who isn't in the books at all. 

Bild isn't reliable (National Enquirer type) and Sue the Fury at Watchers checked it out and debunked it around the first week of August.

However, other newspapers are now quoting Bild as their source and perpetuating the rumor.

10 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Bild isn't reliable (National Enquirer type) and Sue the Fury at Watchers checked it out and debunked it around the first week of August.

However, other newspapers are now quoting Bild as their source and perpetuating the rumor.

Thanks! I mean Angela Lansbury is great and all, but a "wait, what?!?" moment was experienced.

16 hours ago, SeanC said:

That's just it, though, they were absent.  If they were just going to go back to Winterfell without incident, they could easily have been at Winterfell in the finale.  They weren't.  That suggests that there's more for them to do elsewhere.

I don't view their absence in those episodes as a suggestion of anything because they were also absent for 2 episodes while they traveled from Castle Black to Riverrun. There was no explanation for that other than they were traveling a long distance. As of right now, B&P appear to be right on schedule in making the trek in the reverse direction. I know the popular theory is that Brienne will run into the Hound/BwB/Arya, thus delaying her return North. While I'm not opposed to that at all, unless there's a traffic jam at the Twins, I can't see how all those people will run into each without it being contrived. Which, I know, is not a foreign concept on this show.

16 hours ago, SeanC said:

Brienne doesn't have damning evidence, but she's clear-headed, gives honest advice, and Sansa evidently trusts her in a way that the writing suggests she doesn't with anyone else.

The only reason to keep level-headed, honest-advising, trustworthy Brienne away from WF any longer is because she might hinder Sansa from freely plotting with LF. Brienne already kept quiet about the secret meeting in Mole's Town and only briefly questioned the lie to Jon, so I don't see why she won't continue to do Sansa's bidding and keep her secrets as long as she doesn't ask for any service that "might bring dishonor" to Brienne. Sure, she may advice against any questionable activities but she'll remain entirely loyal to her Lady. Brienne's disapproval is not enough to throw a wrench in any LF/Sansa plans the way the Hound's and volatile Arya's presence almost certainly will. That difference is why I think Brienne will reach WF sooner rather than later, and why the Hound and Arya will arrive later.

Brienne's story can go either way, but until we get concrete filming spoilers about her whereabouts in S7, I'll continue to put more weight on her returning to Sansa and WF rather than being delayed in the Riverlands.

Edited by bunnyblue
43 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

I don't view their absence in those episodes as a suggestion of anything because they were also absent for 2 episodes while they traveled from Castle Black to Riverrun.

Yes, but that was because it was meant to line up with Jaime's storyline.  Whereas if you're right that she's just going to return to Winterfell without incident, there is no reason not to have her in the KITN scene.  The show likes to include everybody in the finale if it's practicable to do so.

The only reason to keep level-headed, honest-advising, trustworthy Brienne away from WF any longer is because she might hinder Sansa from freely plotting with LF. Brienne already kept quiet about the secret meeting in Mole's Town and only briefly questioned the lie to Jon, so I don't see why she won't continue to do Sansa's bidding and keep her secrets as long as she doesn't ask for any service that "might bring dishonor" to Brienne. Sure, she may advice against any questionable activities but she'll remain entirely loyal to her Lady.

While none of us can say for sure how this will be handled, it's being set up like Sansa is meant to be isolated and subject to Baelish's devil-on-your-shoulder manipulations.  That doesn't theoretically mean there can't be an angel on her shoulder too, but I don't get the sense that's where it's headed (it would also make Brienne look super ineffective if all she did was stand around going "this doesn't seem like a very good idea").

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 4:14 AM, Oscirus said:

It's currently winter on the show. Just saying 

Exactly.  Winter has begun to arrive and the snows are only going to get much worse, especially since it's supposed to be the worst winter in generations, possibly as bad as the Long Night.  I'd be surprised if much of anything is going to happen in the Vale now since everyone inside will be trapped there.  If the Vale army wants to go home they'd better go now and quickly or else they're going to spend the winter stuck someplace else. 

• Love 2

Sophie Turner did an interview while in Venice that was posted in Italian. On Season 7, she said about what you might expect--can't say much, only seven episodes, best season ever, blah blah blah--but she also said the following (roughly translated using Google translate with an assist from an Italian speaker in the WOTW comments thread):

"[The season] will make the acquaintance of many characters. There will be characters we have never seen before [or "The characters will be like we have never seen them before," depending on how you translate it, apparently]. Many will meet and will narrow new alliances. Many chickens will come home to roost. For Sansa in particular it will be a very, very interesting season."

Edited by Eyes High
6 hours ago, Eyes High said:

"[The season] will make the acquaintance of many characters. There will be characters we have never seen before [or "The characters will be like we have never seen them before," depending on how you translate it, apparently]. Many will meet and will narrow new alliances. Many chickens will come home to roost. For Sansa in particular it will be a very, very interesting season."

Nothing terribly unexpected there, either, in saying that we'll see lots of characters meet, etc.

One of the big unresolved questions about this season for me is what degree of interaction there's going to be between the Northern characters and other plots (except for the bundle of Riverlands characters who we know already have an avowed desire to go north).  Will there be meaningful crossover, or is Dany/Tyrion v. Cersei/Euron going to be the sole focus down there for Season 7?

While the show has obviously never shied away from having conflicts and plotlines exist alongside each other in ways that seem unnatural, it seems to me that the more outside characters you add to the Northern storyline as set up in Season 6, the more you lower the stakes.  If Jon is allied with Dany early on, for instance, how is Littlefinger any threat to him at all?  For that matter, Dany's court has several people in it who'd want to neutralize Littlefinger.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, SeanC said:

Nothing terribly unexpected there, either, in saying that we'll see lots of characters meet, etc.

One of the big unresolved questions about this season for me is what degree of interaction there's going to be between the Northern characters and other plots (except for the bundle of Riverlands characters who we know already have an avowed desire to go north).  Will there be meaningful crossover, or is Dany/Tyrion v. Cersei/Euron going to be the sole focus down there for Season 7?

While the show has obviously never shied away from having conflicts and plotlines exist alongside each other in ways that seem unnatural, it seems to me that the more outside characters you add to the Northern storyline as set up in Season 6, the more you lower the stakes.  If Jon is allied with Dany early on, for instance, how is Littlefinger any threat to him at all?  For that matter, Dany's court has several people in it who'd want to neutralize Littlefinger.

My assumption is that Dany will have her hands full with Cersei and I imagine Euron for most of the season, just as Jon will have his hands full with Littlefinger (or at least with certain "selfish individuals" as D&D put it). I'd be very interested to learn where in the season the dragonpit scene is supposed to take place.

It seems like there also needs to be something for Jon to focus on for a while, because I tend to think Littlefinger's head games are going to be mainly between him and Sansa for the first bit, and Jon presumably isn't just going to be getting one scene per episode going "man, I sure hope nobody betrays me right now."

2 hours ago, SeanC said:

It seems like there also needs to be something for Jon to focus on for a while, because I tend to think Littlefinger's head games are going to be mainly between him and Sansa for the first bit, and Jon presumably isn't just going to be getting one scene per episode going "man, I sure hope nobody betrays me right now."

Not necessarily. It could be like last season, where Jon basically had nothing to do for the first half of the season when Sansa had secret meetings with LF and hobnobbed with Brienne. Naive Jon would probably make an appearance whenever it's time for Sansa/LF to play their games on him. And then in the last two episodes we may get a lot of Jon preparing for WW or swinging his sword taking on some wights/WW after they possibly breach the wall. I don't think we will get any North/South interaction in the first 4-5 episodes where Dany takes on Cersei and Arya possibly reunites with Nymeria/BWB/Hound etc.

If they want to give Jon something to do, he could ride to the Wall and meet up with Bran - that will be interesting to watch and bring Bran into the fold as well. So we will have Sansa/LF in Winterfell and Jon/Bran up at the wall, Davos heading south as some kind of an envoy, Tormund and Lady Mormont preparing the army etc. Maybe Sansa sends Brienne off with Davos to keep an eye on him and we get some Davos/Brienne interaction and leaves Sansa open to LF's manipulations.  This would be a good way to use the characters in my opinion - which means it surely is not going to happen!

Edited by anamika