Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Blonde Gator said:

Oooh!  That's good.

First is Hodor, 2nd is the Creation of the Walkers, right?  Because those two events smack of GRRM to me, and are both far too elegant for D&D to have come up with them. 

The other possibility, as I see it, is for GRRM's 3rd "Oh Shit" moment is what is at the heart of "A Stark Must Always Be In Winterfell".  The Crypts of Winterfell are looming large in my head.....and I get the feeling that D&D are never going to address what's at the bottom of it (sorry, bad pun).  I expect D&D to make the ending "bittersweet", but in a way which will be 180 degrees different than what we'll get in the books.  D&D's ending will be tidy, and neat, with the characters we love who get killed have a meaningful death.....rather than the way deaths are going to occur in the books.  We'll get the same cast of characters standing, more or less, but the end result is going to be totally different for the characters who survive, if that makes sense.

I thought Shireen Baratheon's fate was one of the oh shit moments. 

10 minutes ago, Blonde Gator said:

I did see one reasonable explanation for the NK aiming at Viserion instead of Drogon. 

Viserion was flying straight at the NK, lit up and spewing flames.   Drogon was on the ground and shooting flames in another direction.  So even though Drogon was closer, and an easier target, the NK aimed at Viserion, because HE was an immediate threat to the NK. 

That's all I've got.  It helped suspend that little bit of disbelief for me.  Oh....and it would have been to similar to Jaime going for Drogon, but that's not a very good reason at all, is it?

As for the rest of your observations, totally agree.  They spent six seasons dragging things out, and now are going hellbent to the end, skipping important things, yet still having pointless "yada yada" scenes.  I'm sure we'd all do it differently if we could........but, at least we have forums like this where we can discuss amongst our fellow fans.  It helps!

EDIT:  No disrespect intended to Yadda Yadda, I just realized that might have looked kind of wanky after I posted it.  Cool screen name, though!

That stuff really doesn't bother me at this point yeah its annoying but the show has been all about these huge moments since the RW. How they get to those moments and what should be the aftermath of them really don't matter to majority of the fanbase and thats who they cater to. That's why when I speculate on whats going to happen I go for the Hollywood type moment not the one that makes logical sense. Edith is right, Bran should be the one who tells people the wall has been breached but a broken and bloody Tormund interrupting a heated moment between Dany/ Jon and his bannermen is what they do.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blonde Gator said:

Making of the WW

The making of the WW was not one the "oh, shit!" moments that George revealed to D&D.  

D&D have said in interviews that George revealed three things to them that will be in upcoming books that made them say "oh, shit!".  D&D are also on the record saying that moment number one was the burning of Shireen and moment number two was the origin of Hodor's name.

Moment number three has not been named or confirmed.  Therefore, the making of the WW is not one of THE three "oh, shit!" moments revealed by George to D&D.

D&D have also said that the third moment happens toward the end, so, it will probably be in S8.

As far as I know, George hasn't confirmed that the CotF created the WW (by dragonglass stake through the heart or by any other means).  By all indications, this is a show-only occurrence.

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 1

I think the NK may have turned Viserion into a Whitewalker dragon.

Reasons:

• As far as we know the NK raises the dead telepathically, aka raising his arms at Hardhome etc. The only time we've seen him touch anything to initiate a transformation is when he turned the baby into a WW.
  • He touched Viserion.
  • Viserion's eye matched a WW's eyes, not a wight's.

If true, does this mean Viserion is sentient? Will it effect his actions when he encounters his 'mother' and brothers sooner or later?

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

I think the NK may have turned Viserion into a Whitewalker dragon.

Reasons:

• As far as we know the NK raises the dead telepathically, aka raising his arms at Hardhome etc. The only time we've seen him touch anything to initiate a transformation is when he turned the baby into a WW.
  • He touched Viserion.
  • Viserion's eye matched a WW's eyes, not a wight's.

If true, does this mean Viserion is sentient? Will it effect his actions when he encounters his 'mother' and brothers sooner or later?

I suspect we'll have to wait and see.....because we've only seen LIVING things turned into Walker type creatures.  Agree about the rest, though.  And Benjen was half & half, but no blue eyes.....what's up with that? 

75 more minutes, woo hoo!

8 minutes ago, Blonde Gator said:

And Benjen was half & half, but no blue eyes.....what's up with that? 

Benjen was dying when he was found and saved/turned. The NK was fully alive when he was impaled, he liked his new frosty baby blues, so he decided that the wights should have the same eye color as him, it was his new aesthetic, plus it must be boring to wait around like that for thousands of years.

It's just one of those things the writers don't care about. They told us how it was done, so now we need to stop asking questions and take their word for it. 

Coldhand's eyes are brown, I think. We know he was actually killed as opposed to found half dead. I'm thinking that the eye color he has now is not his real eye color anyway. I think his real eye color might give away his real identity. 

• Love 1