Type keyword(s) to search

How I Want The Americans To End

5 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I was looking mostly for songs that came out in 1987, but they could use an oldie, or even Tchaikovsky. 

I've just checked the billboard 100 for that year, and now I want to listen to madonna, and Heart. :) "Who Will You Run To" is now in my head. 

• Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, Erin9 said:

I can’t realistically think the US would want Paige or Henry to stay either It’s hard for me to see them getting to stay in the US when their parents are outted as Russian spies. There’s just no way imo. That seems like a very real price they’ll have pay. If we see any kind of future for them. 

I think you’re right. Gabriel fixed things for Philip’s sake (maybe out of his own guilt too), and that’s it. I’d like to see Mischa again, but I doubt it. But I wanted him to see Philip and his siblings.

I wonder if Paige and Henry will ever know they have a brother. I’m not holding my breath- unless it’s maybe in a - I didn’t know my father kind of context. 

Henry is a legal, legitimate,  U.S. citizen, who has not been engaged in any criminal activities. What would be the legal basis  for deportation?

Paige is a legal, legitimate, U.S. citizen who has betrayed her country, in a homicidal criminal conspiracy. She's not getting traded for Soviet prisoners. She's either spending the rest of her life in solitary confinement, or she is going to be executed.

Edited by Bannon
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Henry is a legal, legitimate,  U.S. citizen, who has not been engaged in any criminal activities. What would be the legal basis  for deportation?

Paige is a legal, legitimate, U.S. citizen who has betrayed her country, in a homicidal criminal conspiracy. She's not getting traded for Soviet prisoners. She's either spending the rest of her life in solitary confinement, or she is going to be executed.

The Canadian government did it IRL.  I would expect the US government to do the same. I realistically don’t see them getting to stay. The US can, I have no doubt, find a reason to deport them if they wish. I’m not a legal expert, but I have no doubt of that. 

And the public would likely not care. Optics would be fine. 

48 minutes ago, Erin9 said:

The Canadian government did it IRL.  I would expect the US government to do the same. I realistically don’t see them getting to stay. The US can, I have no doubt, find a reason to deport them if they wish. I’m not a legal expert, but I have no doubt of that. 

And the public would likely not care. Optics would be fine. 

Canada does not have the same laws as the United States. You may not have any doubt, but, no, there is no legal basis for deporting Henry. Courts have protected the rights of more unpopular citizens than what Henry would be. Any low paid public defender woulid see to it that Henry remained free, and Henry would likely attract very skilled legal assistance pro bono. There is zero chance he would be deported.

• Love 2

I think it would all depend on whether or not we have some laws on the books that are never used, which is possible. 

That's all being discussed in the real life spy thread by the way.

Once Paige is caught, Henry would be under suspicion as well.

(edited)

I'm trying to figure out a way that family can be there for family.  That's how it should end.  But, they all seem so scattered. Someone around here mentioned the Emergency plan that E and P had in season one, should they have to disappear.  If you know what it was, can you PM me or post it?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm trying to figure out a way that family can be there for family.  That's how it should end.  But, they all seem so scattered. Someone around here mentioned the Emergency plan that E and P had in season one, should they have to disappear.  If you know what it was, can you PM me or post it?  

It was for Philip to take the kids to a hotel for a night and if Elizabeth didn't show up, to take them to the Rezidentura in Ottawa, Canada.

I don't think that plan will work now because Paige and Henry aren't living at home. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, hellmouse said:

It was for Philip to take the kids to a hotel for a night and if Elizabeth didn't show up, to take them to the Rezidentura in Ottawa, Canada.

I don't think that plan will work now because Paige and Henry aren't living at home. 

Hmmm...okay, but, I'm trying to envision P just holding up at a hotel with the FBI on his tail.....I would think that he might do better by hiding in the back of a semi trailer on it's way to Canada or in the undercarriage of a vehicle.  I mean, even with disguises, I can't see him just hanging out at a hotel.  I suppose that plan sounded more reasonable, back then. 

Not sure which thread to use.  Anyhow, during the first season, the chatter was "How could these enemies of the US be sympathetic characters?"  I wondered if the point deep down was for us to ask ourselves whether we would do the same for our own country, and after several seasons, my answer would be no--too many innocent people killed or injured to justify to myself.  So I hope that E and P are caught, but there should be some moment where Stan and Philip's friendship--which was genuine in its own way--figures into the plot.

I'd also like a denouement in which various people who are still alive who interacted with the Jenningses find out who they were.  Unfortunately, Ruthie Ann Miles probably wouldn't be able to return as Young Hee, though maybe they could show Don and other members of her family..

• Love 2
19 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Philip and Elizabeth being caught doesn't mean every single thing they did would necessarily be pinned on them though. 

True.  If they are caught and keep their mouths shut, how would their true involvement be known?  Of course, anything that Paige knows will be revealed pretty quick, but, other than that. lol But, if they can get them on one murder, they're toast, so there's that. 

As a late contribution to the "finale song" thread, this is just a hair early being from 1986, and might be too well-known and associated with other pop culture moments, but I kind of feel like this one works in its way all the same:

Love I get so lost, sometimes
Days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
When I want to run away
I drive off in my car
But whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

All my instincts, they return
And the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

Love, I don't like to see so much pain
So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

• Love 2
20 hours ago, lavenderblue said:

As a late contribution to the "finale song" thread, this is just a hair early being from 1986, and might be too well-known and associated with other pop culture moments, but I kind of feel like this one works in its way all the same:

With the final shot of Philip holding a boom box over his head. ;)

• Love 2

I know there is a lot of sentiment in favor of Paige spending the rest of her life in prison, or even being executed.  But, realistically, how is that going to happen?  The government needs evidence sufficient to prove her guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt.  It's certainly possible that, if apprehended, Paige would simply confess.  She's so clueless, she probably wouldn't even ask for a lawyer.  And she couldn't stand up to even the mildest of questioning.  But if that doesn't happen, I'm not sure where the government would get the evidence to convict her.  Very few people know of her involvement in espionage.  Philip and Elizabeth may be dead, fugitives, or back in Russia.  If they're caught, they aren't going to give up Paige.  Claudia is likely in the wind or back in Moscow.  Marilyn is dead.  There are some random unnamed operatives seen helping with surveillance, but their knowledge is probably limited to what they need to know.  Pastor Tim knows Paige knew her parents were spies, but he doesn't know of her involvement in espionage, which occurred after he left the country.  So, Paige has a good chance of walking if she keeps her mouth shut.

My vision for the end of the series:  Philip or Elizabeth or both of them (depending on who survives) in a drab Moscow apartment in 1991, watching television coverage of the end of the Soviet Union.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, heisey said:

My vision for the end of the series:  Philip or Elizabeth or both of them (depending on who survives) in a drab Moscow apartment in 1991, watching television coverage of the end of the Soviet Union.

You say 1991. This song might be fitting: It even has some Soviet soldiers in it.  Was written during that time.

"Wind of Change"

"Wind Of Change" on YouTube

"Wind of Change" is a power ballad by the German rock band Scorpions, recorded for their eleventh studio album, Crazy World (1990). The song was composed and written by the band's lead singer Klaus Meine and produced by Keith Olsen and the band. It was released as the album's third single in January 1991 and became a worldwide hit, just after the failed coup that would eventually lead to the collapse of the Soviet Communist regime. The song topped the charts in Germany and across Europe and peaked at number four in the United States on August 31, 1991 and number two in the United Kingdom. It later appeared on the band's 1995 live album Live Bites, their 2000 album with the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, Moment of Glory, and on their 2001 unplugged album Acoustica. With estimated sales of 14 million copies sold worldwide, "Wind of Change" is one of the best-selling singles of all time.[1] It holds the record for the best-selling single by a German artist.

The band presented a gold record of the single to Mikhail Gorbachev in 1991. As of April 2018, the video for "Wind of Change" has been viewed more than 550 million times on YouTube. The Scorpions were the first German band to receive over 100 million views.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_of_Change_(Scorpions_song)

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, heisey said:

I know there is a lot of sentiment in favor of Paige spending the rest of her life in prison, or even being executed.  But, realistically, how is that going to happen?  The government needs evidence sufficient to prove her guilt, beyond a reasonable doubt.  It's certainly possible that, if apprehended, Paige would simply confess.  She's so clueless, she probably wouldn't even ask for a lawyer.  And she couldn't stand up to even the mildest of questioning.  But if that doesn't happen, I'm not sure where the government would get the evidence to convict her.  Very few people know of her involvement in espionage.  Philip and Elizabeth may be dead, fugitives, or back in Russia.  If they're caught, they aren't going to give up Paige.  Claudia is likely in the wind or back in Moscow.  Marilyn is dead.  There are some random unnamed operatives seen helping with surveillance, but their knowledge is probably limited to what they need to know.  Pastor Tim knows Paige knew her parents were spies, but he doesn't know of her involvement in espionage, which occurred after he left the country.  So, Paige has a good chance of walking if she keeps her mouth shut.

They are aware of the garage, Paige's fingerprints are probably everywhere in there, as well as stray hairs attached to some of her wigs.  We don't know how this will end, but Paige's actions when everything go down will probably be telling.

The main thing though?  You already mentioned.  Paige will not stand up to even the mildest FBI questioning.  At all.  No chance.  If her parents or brother is killed?  Even less of a chance.  She WILL talk.

She also beat up two large guys in a bar where she's known.  She has no record of ever taking a self defense class.  Her KGB parents had to teach her that.  They will be digging into everything about the entire family once this breaks, and Paige, a legal adult, will have her photo in the papers. 

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Philip stays in the US with Henry whilst Elizabeth takes Paige with her to the USSR. Years later Philip and Henry go to Berlin to witness the collapse of the Berlin wall and are reunited with them, Paige excited that the Cold War has come to an end, Elizabeth fearful for Russia's future. As Elizabeth walks away from the trio Philip watches her go, aware that the wall between them is just as great as ever;

• Love 1
(edited)

I like the Nikita suggestion.  There are so many options really, though.  I wish I had kept a list of the ones that I have posted about as options.  Too much trouble to go back now.  The only song that I've gotten right was the the ending song in Mad Men.  The year it ended was when Coke *(correction) came out with their commercial, I'd Like To Teach The World to sing.  Considering the Coke connection with the advertising firm, that wasn't too much of a stretch though. lol 

In retrospect, I'm think that I would like the song to not be too sad, since, the events of the finale will likely be.  So, I'm thinking a medium or slow tempo is fitting. Sort of like Nikita. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

If they went for a 1991 song my vote would be for Victor Tsoi (not sure if that's spelled right) Cuckoo - Кукушка.  There's a lot of covers of it so it seems like it's pretty classic.

I don't actually have any strong feelings about music in the finale, but that's the one that comes to mind for me. A love song might be more appropriate, of course.

On 5/25/2018 at 5:06 PM, Umbelina said:

They are aware of the garage, Paige's fingerprints are probably everywhere in there, as well as stray hairs attached to some of her wigs.  We don't know how this will end, but Paige's actions when everything go down will probably be telling.

The main thing though?  You already mentioned.  Paige will not stand up to even the mildest FBI questioning.  At all.  No chance.  If her parents or brother is killed?  Even less of a chance.  She WILL talk.

She also beat up two large guys in a bar where she's known.  She has no record of ever taking a self defense class.  Her KGB parents had to teach her that.  They will be digging into everything about the entire family once this breaks, and Paige, a legal adult, will have her photo in the papers. 

These are good points.   I was (obviously) thinking only in terms of witnesses to her espionage activities.  Physical evidence would help build a case against her, but it might not be enough by itself to convict her.  That would depend on a lot of variables that we simply don't know.

If the witnesses to the bar fight come forward, that could be a problem.

I do have a question about the garages.  Has the FBI located the actual garage(s) P and E were using, or are they doing surveillance on suspected locations?  I thought it was the latter, based on the comment about coming up empty after reviewing 1500 hours of surveillance footage, but maybe I missed something.

• Love 1

We don't know which garages the are watching.  They have FISA warrants for 11. 

10 minutes ago, heisey said:

These are good points.   I was (obviously) thinking only in terms of witnesses to her espionage activities.  Physical evidence would help build a case against her, but it might not be enough by itself to convict her.  That would depend on a lot of variables that we simply don't know.

If the witnesses to the bar fight come forward, that could be a problem.

I do have a question about the garages.  Has the FBI located the actual garage(s) P and E were using, or are they doing surveillance on suspected locations?  I thought it was the latter, based on the comment about coming up empty after reviewing 1500 hours of surveillance footage, but maybe I missed something.

• Love 1
On 25/05/2018 at 5:53 AM, lavenderblue said:

Love I get so lost, sometimes
Days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
When I want to run away
I drive off in my car
But whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

All my instincts, they return
And the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside

Love, I don't like to see so much pain
So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive

Huge likelihood of Peter Gabriel.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:51 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

Too much has happened for that fairy tale to happen. Paige knows what her parents are now, and it’s a dealbreaker. Henry is close to adulthood and loves his American life so would never agree to willingly give it up. When he finds out his entire childhood was based on lies he will never forgive his parents. 

Paige knows just enough to be dangerous- I think Claudia will kill her. Revenge on Elizabeth. 

Henry will disassociate himself from his family. 

Stan now has the goods on Phillip and Elizabeth but won’t be able to act on it without sabotaging his own career ( he was too close to the Jennings and enabled them). 

Only happy ending I am hoping for is for Oleg to get back to his family safely. 

If she survives and doesn't make it to Russia, I don't think Paige would get off scot free, but realistically, I don't think she'd wind up doing life in prison, either. Paige can be tied to plenty, but she doesn't have blood on her hands, and was very low on the totem pole. She's also not remotely hard-core enough to withstand questioning, and while the FBI could almost certainly crack her even without offering her much of a deal, if she has a halfway competent lawyer I'd have to bet that she winds up with some time of an arrangement where she gives information for a reduced sentence (she doesn't have tons of intel, but I'd say certainly more than enough to be useful, both in regards to specific tasks and to giving more general insight into how the KGB operates) It is also possible that she gets traded to the USSR/Russia in a prisoner exchange down the line. The fact that she's a young, pretty white girl wouldn't hurt her chances either. 

Of course, I don't think its going to come to that. In terms of what I want - for the Jenningses, not much, actually, because there's no scenario where I think Elizabeth, Philip or Paige get a happy ending. Its a matter of what kind of hell they wind up in. At this point, much as I would have doubted it when the character was first introduced, I think my greatest wish is for Oleg to get to go home without having to serve decades in an American prison first. And I'm not sure I'm going to get that.

I also want Stan to wind up alive, and not married to a Russian spy, because that would be a really stupid last-minute reveal at this point.

As I mentioned in the predictions thread, I think one great ending for Elizabeth would be a final shot of her in prison, drawing. 

(edited)

Paige may get a happy ... ish ending if her parents sacrifice themselves in some way to spare her and hide any role she ever had with the Centre.  Don't know if that will be through suicide or turning themselves in and swearing up and down that their kids were clueless this whole time.   Having been born on American soil, Paige and Henry might be allowed to simply live their lives (while probably being secretly monitored by the FBI for a time) if the government never finds out that Paige knew / has been a part of it all.  Stan would likely believe both Jennings kids are innocent and lobby to keep them from being punished for their parents' sins.

The interesting thing is that now P and E are veering toward being on the same side as the American government -- while still being deeply suspicious of the diplomats from the USSR, the FBI wants the talks with the Gorbachev contingent to lead to better relations.  A very, very slight chance that P and E could be allowed to turn or defect (or at least be less of a priority for finding and capture) if Stan realizes they've been acting with Oleg to actively thwart a plot to derail diplomatic talks.   Very slight.  But far greater than at any other point in the series.        

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

I just can't see Paige's role not being discovered, no matter what P&E do. Whether Philip and Elizabeth wind up dead, in prison, or safely escaped, the FBI is going to go over the lives of all the Jenningses with a fine-tooth comb. For starters, this time, Pastor Tim isn't going to get off with a brief phone call. They're going to put pressure on him, and he's going to admit what he knows, either out of fear of being charged as an accomplice or out of horror when they, inevitably, shatter any illusion he had that Philip and Elizabeth were just idealistic "peace workers." Tim doesn't know that Paige joined up as well, of course, but that will be enough to confirm that Paige knew who her parents were. If she's previously lied about this, they at least now have her on perjury.

Even without the Tim factor, the FBI is going to note that Paige was taking government classes at GW. They will almost certainly find out that she was dating an intern of a well-placed congressman. There is very good chance they will learn about the bar fight. They will confirm that she totally withdrew from the church (which P&E should realistically never have let her do). None of this is enough in itself to charge her, but it should be enough to make them pretty suspicious. Even if they weren't suspicious, I can't imagine Paige holding up under questioning. If they actually start out with a decent amount of rope, she's going to give them what they need to hang her. And all of this is assuming they can't find something more concrete to pin on her. 

6 hours ago, companionenvy said:

If she survives and doesn't make it to Russia, I don't think Paige would get off scot free, but realistically, I don't think she'd wind up doing life in prison, either. Paige can be tied to plenty, but she doesn't have blood on her hands, and was very low on the totem pole. She's also not remotely hard-core enough to withstand questioning, and while the FBI could almost certainly crack her even without offering her much of a deal, if she has a halfway competent lawyer I'd have to bet that she winds up with some time of an arrangement where she gives information for a reduced sentence (she doesn't have tons of intel, but I'd say certainly more than enough to be useful, both in regards to specific tasks and to giving more general insight into how the KGB operates) It is also possible that she gets traded to the USSR/Russia in a prisoner exchange down the line. The fact that she's a young, pretty white girl wouldn't hurt her chances either. 

Of course, I don't think its going to come to that. In terms of what I want - for the Jenningses, not much, actually, because there's no scenario where I think Elizabeth, Philip or Paige get a happy ending. Its a matter of what kind of hell they wind up in. At this point, much as I would have doubted it when the character was first introduced, I think my greatest wish is for Oleg to get to go home without having to serve decades in an American prison first. And I'm not sure I'm going to get that.

I also want Stan to wind up alive, and not married to a Russian spy, because that would be a really stupid last-minute reveal at this point.

As I mentioned in the predictions thread, I think one great ending for Elizabeth would be a final shot of her in prison, drawing. 

She most certainly DOES have blood on her hands.

She's an accessory to murder (the General) since she was acting as lookout.  She's in it up to her neck, they could probably also get her on an accessory charge for the murder of the young sailor, since she's the one who ID'd him for Elizabeth, and she was only there waiting for her KGB role as watcher.  The General though?  She was working as KGB.

3 guys rob a convenience store.  Two of them are waiting in the getaway car.  (as Paige was) The guy in the store kills the clerk.  ALL will go to jail for murder.

Add TREASON to that?  Her ass would be in jail.

5 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

They will confirm that she totally withdrew from the church (which P&E should realistically never have let her do).

I get what this means in context but I'll bet plenty of Paige's fellow church group members have withdrawn from church by now. She's in college now so would have realistically stopped doing anything she did in high school. It would probably be far more unusual for her to still be so into church--in college people try new things and she's not even living in Falls Church anymore. (Kimmy said she stopped smoking weed, for instance.) In this case it's maybe even better she dropped it since the church was so lefty political. Compared to the girl she was at 14 she'd be far less suspicious now hanging out in bars with other college students. Being on fire for Jesus as a teen is a very ordinary phase even in people who are later atheists or gay activists etc. Her being there might just make the church seem suspicious.

Really, as you say, it's the least of her worries. Pastor Tim can keep a secret but he's not going to aggressively lie to the FBI when they know the truth. (The fact that he's working for an organization riddled with KGB would also make it in his best interests to prove his own innocence.) His wife can't wait to turn them all in and probably couldn't care less about Paige, really. Along with the many witnesses in the bar Matthew Beeman also found himself on the receiving end of Paige's surprising defense training years earlier, back when she broke up with him because he "didn't really know her". If Stan really asked about her and Matthew really talked--even without knowing what he was revealing--he'd reveal a lot. Henry would also be a goldmine, though Stan here again ought to talk to him without Henry knowing there's anything amiss, like he did in the car. And remember Stan himself has noticed several times when Paige was obviously dealing with The Secret.

Plus Paige seems totally clueless about just how bad what she's been doing is. Not only does she not know when she's acting as lookout to a murder but she doesn't seem to get what the simple espionage she knows she's doing would cost her. Taking pictures of Nasterenko was not nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if, faced with accusations about her mother's crimes, Paige said "I only took pictures/stood lookout!"

• Love 1
(edited)

The only people who know the extent of Paige's involvement are her parents (who will never implicate her), Claudia (who will likely be back in Russia before the shit hits the fan  -- and I don't see her outing Paige out of revenge against Elizabeth, she would likely see that as beneath her), Marilyn (dead), and a small handful of other "illegals" (who may well be back in Russia or otherwise underground by the time the FBI figures out their fake identities).  Father Andrei and Viktor are unlikely to know about Paige's involvement.    

The most Pastor Tim could say is that Paige knew something about her parents' true identity, but he has no idea she's gotten involved herself.  And he still wouldn't want to screw over Paige.  At most, Matt could say that Paige acted strangely, but he doesn't really know anything.

If Paige goes down, it will be because she falls apart when questioned.  Which ... is fairly likely.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

If someone would have told me two years ago that so much time on here (especially as the show is winding down) is spent on Paige, I would have thought they were crazy.  If they had told me she's now a spy with them, I never would've believed it. 

I still want to see Misha, Martha and the faux Conservative reporter.

• Love 1

I would like to see Oleg defect and have his family united with him.  He goes back to Russia he may get killed and if they can't get his family out they will be killed. 

Paige spill all her secrets to Stan and hope for the best.  

Henry to finish his Prep School and go on to college and become a 'spy' for Mother Russia.

Stan to kick himself daily on what a clueless person that he is.  No one should have missed all those clues for 6 years.  No one. 

Renee I will be happy if she is a spy or not a spy.

Philip and Elizabeth remain together with no where to go.  Can't go back to Russia or they will be killed.  Stay in the USA and they will always be looking over their shoulder.  Go to Cuba and hope for the best. 

Really what I want for the final episode is to be able to watch it with no interruptions.  My co-worker is sick and I have to work the next 7 nights 7p-7a.  I work as a nurse in the hospital so my viewing time is going to be slim to none.  I have fallen in a deep depression.  No really I am just pissed off.  But never underestimate the WILL of a person that wants to watch the Finale of the Americans.  I have skills and it can be done...….PEACE

• Love 1
7 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

If someone would have told me two years ago that so much time on here (especially as the show is winding down) is spent on Paige, I would have thought they were crazy.  If they had told me she's now a spy with them, I never would've believed it. 

I still want to see Misha, Martha and the faux Conservative reporter.

So true.  And if the writers were bold and perhaps foolish enough to write  the Paige storyline as they have over the last few seasons, then I certainly believe that they could continue in that same vein and portray her as someone who was able to get a reprieve and continue with her life as an American, without repercussions, even if her parents are killed, arrested or returned to Russia. They can make it work anyway they want it to, so, I'm not so sure they would make it logical, as we see it.  It is frustrating, though. 

I would like to see Henry be able to continue to have a life that he wants. Granted, it's tough without family, but, he has a lot going for him.  Recall how Stan compared him to Wayne Gretzsky.  (Canadian hockey player.)  Could Henry make it in Canada?  Also, at that same dinner, where Stan made the comment, Philip said that Henry turned out to be quite the leader in his school.  So, I'm hoping that those comments were of promise for Henry and not doom. 

1 hour ago, suomi said:

Oops, never mind, just realized that my song was already used. (Crowded House/Don't Dream It's Over)

Yes.  Since they used this song this season, I have become obsessed with this song.  I never cared for it that much when it originally came out.  NOW, I love it. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Damn this show ... for making me root for Soviet spies - who killed countless innocent people - hoping they somehow survive.  

How can the writers "make this right?"  I'm not sure they can.  They have to either allow P & E to run free or have them arrested/killed.  

Maybe they'll go to Cuba and live out their lives without their children or a purpose ... and watch the world change without them.

Edited by ThisIsMe
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, ThisIsMe said:

Damn this show ... for making me root for Soviet spies - who killed countless innocent people - hoping they somehow survive.  

How can the writers "make this right?"  I'm not sure they can.  They have to either allow P & E to run free or have them arrested/killed.  

Maybe they'll go to Cuba and live out their lives without their children or a purpose ... and watch the world change without them.

Cuba is soviet controlled.  They would be killed there too.

I think it will be U-2 as well, posted WAY back in this thread somewhere.  They have a couple that would work well, and I just looked for 1987 songs.

(edited)

I think P&E show up at The Tims' posing as tourists  .... No Henry, who is busy hiking the Appalachian Trail until Stan (using his Mountie skills) tracks him down ... snuggled in his tent and sleeping bag .... oblivious...   No Paige, because have doubts that Elizabeth is going to have the patience to explain to Paige why they need to bug-out when Paige objects that there's a party, and all the interns will be there, I am hoping the door closes and she gets left behind on the mean-streets of Washington DC. 

I do wonder how/when/if Paige will learn of Tatiana's fall from grace.  Whether or not, she was even aware of her existence before or cares  after "figuring out" (eventually) that this just might be related to that major "Summit" operation her mother said something about  .... yawn.   If Claudia ends up Queen of the Mountain (temporarily, nobody being around to rat her out), I will be disappointed. 

Edited by SusanSunflower

Either of the following: 

P & E turn themselves in and roll over on Claudia, in exchange for being placed in the WPP. 

Or....

P&E escape to Canada and start new lives, with new names, etc. 

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Yes. This one would be perfect. 

Guess we'll see tomorrow.

I've looked at so many songs.....so many would really work.  Whatever it is, will live on in my mind as a very memorable and emotional.  I don't think I liked Walter White as much as I do Philip. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe

Nothing much to contribute with regards to possible song montages, but in terms of how I want the show to end, I just really don't want Phil and Liz separated in some capacity. That is my low bar! If they go down, I hope they go down together; if they make it, I hope they make it together! I'm super antsy for tomorrow to come.

• Love 3