Type keyword(s) to search

How I Want The Americans To End

3 minutes ago, crgirl412 said:

LOVE it!!!  Phil will have to get rid of the sport car when he gets his Cadillac. 

Of course, there will be a special episode in December, featuring a pole, feats of strength, and airing of grievances.....

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Bannon said:

Of course, there will be a special episode in December, featuring a pole, feats of strength, and airing of grievances.....

OF COURSE!!!!  This year December  23 is a Sunday!

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, Erin9 said:

My guess is Henry and Paige will be okay, regardless of the end for their parents. They're tough kids. They might wind up in the Soviet Union though. If P and E get caught or killed, they may get shipped there anyway. The American government may not want the kids of spies staying in their country. I seem to recall that happening to real life spies kids. 

See, I had figured they'd be safe because they're American citizens.  But I suppose extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary measures.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:54 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Okay, pure fancy here; How I want The Americans to end:

Philip and Elizabeth wake up in a huge overstuffed bed, somewhere in New England.  In rapid succession, perky but scatterbrained housecleaner Paige comes in to complain about something, followed by irascible but warmhearted handyman Stan.  In the background you can hear Oleg talking to his brothers Ivan and Ivan.  Philip looks at Elizabeth and says "I just had the worst dream of my life.  No fucking way."  Elizabeth replies with a sigh, "Way, dude.  Way."

And we're introduced to Philip's friends Леонид, his brother Дмитрий and his other brother Дмитрий.

• Love 8
On 2/17/2018 at 1:55 AM, Pink-n-Green said:

Here's what I would really love to see as the series wraps up.  Apologizing beforehand because I'm not certain at all that I can translate my "vision" from my head to the keyboard! 

It's 1987 and Paige is a sophomore in college (I figure she's the same age as I am).  She lives in a dorm but is still close enough to take part in family spying hijinks.  In the last episode, we jump ahead to 1989 when she is graduating from college.  

So basically Paige got an appointment to the Naval Academy (I had considered West Point but the Naval Academy is closer to where they live) and she is now a commissioned officer and the sky is the limit as far as the information she can get. 

It doesn't look so hot on the page but, I swear, it was good in my head! lol

I'm confused. Is the idea Paige joined the Navy and went to Annapolis? Even with TV Land rules in place, it's too hard to believe that someone at the Naval Academy would be able to balance the demands of the Academy and her secret life as a spy in training. The show always stays somewhat grounded in reality. There may be bits and peices you have to handwave and say "it's TV, just roll with it," but rarely an entire plot or storyline. Also, the sky isn't the limit. How quickly she advances and moves through the ranks is the limit. I also can't see Paige joining the military. I could see Henry  joining the military. 

I don't think they will kill Paige. 

It would backfire.

People all over America and whatever other countries watch this show would be high fiving each other, popping open bottles of Champagne, or clinking beer bottles together while throwing confetti.  Instead of tears there would be late night celebrations across the land, and recappers would be trying to drum up appropriately sad and thoughtful words when they really simply want to cheer and look back at how VERY much better this show would have been without this writing for, and portrayal of, PAIGE.  On the other hand, ratings might improve just to watch her die once word spreads, since post viewing now counts.

• Love 5
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 12:16 AM, Sarah 103 said:

I'm confused. Is the idea Paige joined the Navy and went to Annapolis? Even with TV Land rules in place, it's too hard to believe that someone at the Naval Academy would be able to balance the demands of the Academy and her secret life as a spy in training.

Well, her plebe year, yes.  But by the time she was a Firstie she'd have a lot more leeway and free time for, um, spy activities.  Oooh, and maybe she could join the Glee Club and, even as a plebe, would get to travel for concerts.  She could do missions in the cities where they're performing!  But I don't think they had a womens' glee club in the eighties.  So I guess not that.  I like my idea; crazy as it may be :)

• Love 1

Paige doing Glee Club missions would undermine the whole reason for her being there, though. She can't get an important job if she gets caught doing shady shit iat the academy. Or splits her attention. Paige isn't supposed to be Elizabeth running missions. She's supposes to be Martha if Martha had Gaad's job. In the military. 

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sistermagpie said:

Paige doing Glee Club missions would undermine the whole reason for her being there, though. She can't get an important job if she gets caught doing shady shit iat the academy. Or splits her attention. Paige isn't supposed to be Elizabeth running missions. She's supposes to be Martha if Martha had Gaad's job. In the military. 

Ok, so maybe that would be suspending belief a little TOO much. But won't you be surprised when what I predicted actually happens???  (J/K what I predicted will definitely not be what actually happens) ;)

• Love 2

Maybe Paige is actually a double agent and will turn Elizabeth in...when E looks at her stunned she'll say that she did it for good ole' USA and she hates all dirty commies.  Just giggling at the thought of Paige ever speaking in that manner or being clever.

• Love 4

Looking forward to the final season.

I think Henry would be very patriotic and very American.  Bonus points if he is an American spy in the future who is working to take down Putin.  I think Elizabeth and Phillip will live long enough to see the Soviet Union fall.  I don't know what would happen to Paige.  I hope that Oleg and his family would be alright.  I'm not a fan of Stan, so I don't want a happy end for him.

• Love 2

I think Philip dies.

Given the focus on the marriage and Liz's blind ideology, it's just the only thing that makes sense to me story-wise.

If he dies by the hands of Americans probably sacrificing himself to protect Paige or Elizabeth?  It's not much of a story, but would propel Liz forward even deeper into patriotism.

If he dies accidentally, it's not much of a story for characters and the finale...

If he dies by Soviet hands, it makes the best possible storyline, for Liz and for Paige, and also the biggest waste if we get to see the collapse of the USSR in flash forward ending.

I suppose if they want a happy ending, Liz dies, and Philip gets Paige out of the spy world.

Either way, I think a death is coming for one of the leads.  I could easily be wrong here though, the writers were pretty odd last season.  I don't think a resolution similar to the real life embedded spies is likely, considering the killing spree of the Jennings, but they COULD go that way as well.  Nah, it just doesn't work after making them active as killers, something the real embedded agents weren't directly involved with.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Philip and Elizabeth get caught, likely because she's become too reckless.  Philip and her cooperate to protect Paige and Henry and there's a massive takedown.  They think that they're safe and stay in the US, but unknown to them and Beeman, one of the Russian services (GRU, SVR, or FSB) has a source inside the FBI who informs the Russians. 

Fast forward to mid 2000s, Philip and Elizabeth are retired, and Paige and Henry are successful real Americans.  Philip who appears to be in good health dies of a mysterious ailment that can't be explained, similar to the Litvinenko assassination and the recent poisoning of Sergei Skirpal and his daughter.

• Love 2
On 3/17/2018 at 12:29 AM, Umbelina said:

I don't think they will kill Paige. 

It would backfire.

People all over America and whatever other countries watch this show would be high fiving each other, 

I'm curious to know if The Americans is broadcast in other countries. Perhaps someone here knows where else it is seen. Would it be a hit or a hoot if broadcast in Russia?

• Love 1

While waiting to watch the 2 am showing, I am watching "Russia's Toughest Prisons" on National Geographic.  It's keeping me in the mood!

Oh, heck!  I meant to put this in the Dead Hand thread!!  

Edited by crgirl412
  • Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I guess we have to figure in the poison pill into the finale now. Let's hope that Elizabeth gives it to someone else, but, not Philip. Perhaps, Claudia and then Elizabeth takes over her position.  I still haven't given up on Paige hooking up with Stan's son, having a child and holding that over Stan to save her parents. Not much time to get that in, but, it would have been amusing. lol

I have decided that I would like to see them fast forward at the very end for at least 2 minutes with a fitting song and provide update on the characters in 2018! Philip and Elizabeth are about my parent's age, so, they could still be alive 

One thing that I wonder about is if they will address the technology of DNA.  Man, if they started running evidence on all their murders....all the HITS they would get on these same 2 individuals! It would connect a lot of dots. The first criminal case using DNA was 1986.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, NitneLiun said:

I'm curious to know if The Americans is broadcast in other countries. Perhaps someone here knows where else it is seen. Would it be a hit or a hoot if broadcast in Russia?

Sure it's in other countries. I don't know if it's on TV in Russia but you can find it dubbed into Russian online.

• Love 2

I've looked over current songs that might be a fitting finale theme, much like Baby Blue was for Breaking Bad.  I've listed others since this thread started, but, I'm now wondering if it should be an older song from 1987 or present day, depending on when the final scene fades out. If 1987, there are more options, I think like with U2' With or Without You or I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking for.  But, this one really fits Philip and Elizabeth's love and struggle for a relationship.  It's not very dramatic though. 

Fast forward... 2018 Henry Jennings is a high ranking official at the State Depatment and we all know he has mean computer skills.....he loved his Dad and is still pissed off the United States did not do more to protect him. Hence he is now the best computer hacker in the world and he is loyal to Mother Russia. 

• Love 1

Honestly, that is one of the main reason I keep watching this show, besides it being very well done and acted. Whats wrong with you people who are rooting for them to get away and be happy? Stop thinking of a Hollywood ending of years gone by. They deserve to be killed or at least caught. There are a few variables that come to mind. They get caught, life imprisonment, one or both get killed, or betrayed. So far, to me it seems that Elizabeth is the worse of the two, so I think she would get killed or who knows, take that pill that she was given, that is hanging around her neck, in the event things go wrong. As for Phillip, though he seems to come to terms with his conscience, I cannot see him getting absolved. Both of them are killers, and sometimes, in the most ruthless way. Then that leaves Paige..what happens to her? A slap on the wrist? . That is one part of this series that i could not accept..in  last nights show...how quick, she wants to become a spy, and against her own country, which she was so devoted to at the beginning. The one scene in tonight episode shows Elizabeth taking some time to cool down Paige's performance with that sailor, and yet she travels around and just  happens to meet the same sailor and kills him. There is never anyone in sight to witness this...how convient. The Rosenbergs both got the chair, way back when,, and as far as I know, they did not kill anyone, like these 2 have.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

Honestly, that is one of the main reason I keep watching this show, besides it being very well done and acted. Whats wrong with you people who are rooting for them to get away and be happy? Stop thinking of a Hollywood ending of years gone by. They deserve to be killed or at least caught. There are a few variables that come to mind. They get caught, life imprisonment, one or both get killed, or betrayed. So far, to me it seems that Elizabeth is the worse of the two, so I think she would get killed or who knows, take that pill that she was given, that is hanging around her neck, in the event things go wrong. As for Phillip, though he seems to come to terms with his conscience, I cannot see him getting absolved. Both of them are killers, and sometimes, in the most ruthless way. Then that leaves Paige..what happens to her? A slap on the wrist? . That is one part of this series that i could not accept..in  last nights show...how quick, she wants to become a spy, and against her own country, which she was so devoted to at the beginning. The one scene in tonight episode shows Elizabeth taking some time to cool down Paige's performance with that sailor, and yet she travels around and just  happens to meet the same sailor and kills him. There is never anyone in sight to witness this...how convient. The Rosenbergs both got the chair, way back when,, and as far as I know, they did not kill anyone, like these 2 have.

There’s nothing wrong with anyone who would like a happy ending. I would. It won’t happen, but I want it. I don’t care that they’re “bad.” I’ve spent upteen hours getting emotionally invested in their lives. I care about THEM. Seeing as this is fiction, I don’t care that they’ve done bad things. They might not have died or gotten caught yet, but they’ve already been paying. Lost time with their kids; job related difficulties with both kids. There is remorse for some of their victims. The exhaustion we’ve seen. They haven’t exactly been having fun. They’ve generally been stressed and miserable. 

But you are are lucky. You want an unhappy ending. I’m sure that’s what you’ll get. 

• Love 5

I know this is only fiction, but just for moral reasons it should not have a happy ending...just think, there are some sicko's out there that believe this crap and think, if people like Phillip and Elizabeth get away with this, it may encourage them to try the same thing in the future. You said you have spent upteen hours emotionally watching this, and that should impair your moral judgement?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

I know this is only fiction, but just for moral reasons it should not have a happy ending...just think, there are some sicko's out there that believe this crap and think, if people like Phillip and Elizabeth get away with this, it may encourage them to try the same thing in the future. You said you have spent upteen hours emotionally watching this, and that should impair your moral judgement?

No, there are not moral reasons the show shouldn't  have a happy ending. If someone is encouraged to become a  Soviet spy or a murderer by the show it's not because they waited to see if it would result in a happy ending for them. LOL.

32 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

A slap on the wrist? . That is one part of this series that i could not accept..in  last nights show...how quick, she wants to become a spy, and against her own country, which she was so devoted to at the beginning.

Was she ever devoted to her country? The thing I can think of that's related to that is her political work with Pastor Tim, but that seemed more about her being self-righteous about what was wrong in the world than any real desire to help her country. It honestly seems like the treason thing doesn't factor into her decision. She thinks she's Russian now, or something, the way she used to be Christian. She's a natural traitor.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 3
Just now, Novel8 said:

I think that Elizabeth and Phillip (and Paige) won't have a happy ending.  We just don't know what the unhappy ending would be.  Sometimes death is preferable.  I also don't want Stan to have a happy ending.  Also, Martha certainly did not have a happy ending even if she did adopt that kid.  Neither of these people should be off the hook.

The only innocent person so far is Henry.  I don't know if he will find out the truth about his parents.  But if he does, he can end up hating them.  Or he can end up paying for their mistakes.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

I don’t take TV that seriously. Immoral stuff happens all the time on TV. The extent and way which anyone pays depends on the show. I’ve seen E and P pay in ways that suit me- for a fictional show. Obviously not for the real world. My moral judgment is fine, and if people gets theirs from TV, they have serious issues. 

I said I’ve emotionally invested in the characters over the hours I’ve spent watching the show. Which are many given its runtime. If I didn’t care about the characters, I wouldn’t watch. It would be a waste of my time to watch a show where I didn’t care about the core players. I don’t watch much TV anyway. 

Edited by Erin9
  • Love 4

I'll admit that I dislike the Russians now more than I used to......lol...but, for some reason, I don't consider P and E real Russians.  More like Americans, with a strong sense of heritage. lol  I'm just kidding. 

I don't see them having a "happy ending" but I honestly wouldn't mind it either.

I don't need them to "pay" because that would mean I would need all spies in all movies or books to "pay."  There are never any perfectly good guys who spy on this kind of level.  Aderholt is on home turf, not an embedded spy without cover in someplace like Moscow.  He's able to be "good."  Stan isn't good, he murdered an innocent man. 

I just can't see this working out happily, because of the choices they have made, and not made.  Now that they are both playing around with the BIG boys in the USSR?  On opposite sides?  How in the hell can that possibly work out?  Forget the FBI, the KGB is going to be very pissed at one, or both of them, depending on who wins, and we all know Gorbachev will stay in power, and not be "out" as Elizabeth's mission intends.  Could Philip save her?  Maybe.

After that we get into spoiler territory, courtesy of Holly's latest interview, so I have to drop it.

If I didn’t care about the characters, I wouldn’t watch

As that My moral judgment is fine, and if people gets theirs from TV, they have serious issues.

Isn't that a hypocrital statement? Aren't you taken those characters too seriously by caring for them as having serious issue too?

16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'll admit that I dislike the Russians now more than I used to......lol...but, for some reason, I don't consider P and E real Russians.  More like Americans, with a strong sense of heritage. lol  I'm just kidding. 

I sometimes wonder if I've lost patience for traitors rather than Russians. LOL.

9 minutes ago, Novel8 said:

Isn't that a hypocrital statement? Aren't you taken those characters too seriously by caring for them as having serious issue too?

Imo, no. Caring for characters is the intent of fiction and you can do it while firmly understanding the difference between fiction and reality.  Thinking that characters getting a happy ending means that anything they have done is correct is creating a strange (imo) relationship between fiction and reality.

• Love 3

If I didn’t care about the characters, I wouldn’t watch

As that My moral judgment is fine, and if people gets theirs from TV, they have serious issues.

No. It means I don’t put time into something that lacks meaning for me. One has nothing to do with the other. It’s like reading a book where I hate all the main characters. To me- why bother if you don’t care, and they’re so hateful and awful you just wish misery on them. 

I care about the characters, but the end will be what it will be. It certainly won’t impact my life. I won’t be making life decisions based on the ending of some show. Anymore than I would a fictional book that didn’t end the way I wanted it to. Caring about the end doesn’t make it a major life issue. Or mean I have one. 

ETA- I think most writers would consider their work a failure if you didn’t care. That’s part of the point of art. 

Edited by Erin9
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I want Phillip to step in front of Stan and take a bullet for him. 

ETA: A bullet from Renee's gun. 

That would certainly be more unexpected that doing it for Elizabeth.  Actually, I'm kind of liking that, even though it's a very long shot. 

I hope we get to see Stan and Oleg together again, but it would take some clever twists for that to happen.

7 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I want Phillip to step in front of Stan and take a bullet for him. 

ETA: A bullet from Renee's gun. 

Honestly- I don’t like Stan enough to want to see Philip die for him. I don’t hate Stan, and I’ve found P/S’s complicated relationship interesting to watch, but no. It would be an shocking twist, but I’m not sure it would be a fitting one. 

What I always wanted was for Elizabeth to tell Philip she loves him before their story is done. That seems unlikely right now. 

Imagine if it were Elizabeth holding the gun?

I don't know if he'd do it for Stan, but depending on where they go with Oleg this season?  If he and Philip become close?  Philip could step between guns drawn by Oleg and Elizabeth and die that way.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Imagine if it were Elizabeth holding the gun?

I don't know if he'd do it for Stan, but depending on where they go with Oleg this season?  If he and Philip become close?  Philip could step between guns drawn by Oleg and Elizabeth and die that way.

That might be more palpatable- and horrific at the same time. 

I think there’s potential for Oleg and Philip to be friends. Their vision of a better Russia is the same. They’re both devoted to family. Maybe- but they’d really have to build up that relationship incredibly fast to make it remotely believable. Hard to see that it could be done in 9 episodes. But looking how much everything flipped in the premiere....who knows. 

As far apart as E and P are right now- and I acknowledge it could get a lot worse given their different views on the fate of the motherland- I have a hard time believing she could live with killing him. I actually have a hard time believing she could really live without him period. But we’ll see. 

• Love 3

I don't think Liz would kill Philip on purpose, not even with them on opposite sides of this battle between Gorbachev and the KGB and nuclear disarmament. 

Yes, Oleg, aside from being extremely likable and a good man, could, I think, become close to Philip, IF he's around long enough.  They even have the Gulag in common, with Oleg's mom, and Philip's dad.

I really hope they get to the bottom of that with Philip before the show ends.  I think they will, and I care for more about that than the arms talks, even though it does pit Liz and Phil against each other.

10 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I don't think Liz would kill Philip on purpose, not even with them on opposite sides of this battle between Gorbachev and the KGB and nuclear disarmament. 

Yes, Oleg, aside from being extremely likable and a good man, could, I think, become close to Philip, IF he's around long enough.  They even have the Gulag in common, with Oleg's mom, and Philip's dad.

I really hope they get to the bottom of that with Philip before the show ends.  I think they will, and I care for more about that than the arms talks, even though it does pit Liz and Phil against each other.

I don’t think she would either. But even killing him by accident would destroy her, I think. He’s the only person who really knows her, who can understand the life she’s lived. I have a hard enough time picturing her in a Soviet less world. Much less one where that is gone, and she’s responsible for Philip’s death. 

I want to get Philip’s background filled in so badly. There’s so little time though. 

Speaking of post- Soviet worlds, Claudia really doesn’t seem to have a place in it. She’s more hard core than even Elizabeth imo. 

Edited by Erin9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Erin9 said:

I think there’s potential for Oleg and Philip to be friends. Their vision of a better Russia is the same. They’re both devoted to family. Maybe- but they’d really have to build up that relationship incredibly fast to make it remotely believable. Hard to see that it could be done in 9 episodes. But looking how much everything flipped in the premiere....who knows. 

I'm so trying not to get my hopes up for this (and for Philip's backstory) but I would love it if they let this happen. If they could get Elizabeth to care about Young Hee in this time, it would be nice if they could let Philip have a relationship with a person he actually considered a friend.

• Love 3

The writers have avoided current time politics from the beginning, and I think they've had their ending in mind from the beginning as well, long before Trump and the Putin news about election interference, bribes, possible blackmail, and the rise of Russian spies in today's USA.

BUT, if they have re-thought it, which I doubt?  I've thought of a cool ending accidentally.

Probably one of the Jennings still dies, but what IF two of them are rescued and back in the USSR, now Russia.  Paige and Elizabeth most likely. 

Henry's graduated, and has connections due to his choice of schools, etc.  In his office somewhere, possibly to do with the government, or banking, or computers *which he loved from the beginning?*

Suddenly he has an appointment with a stranger.  The stranger is SVR, and brings letters from his surviving family, alive after all, and in Russia.  At first happiness floods his face, they are alive!  Suddenly reality hits and you see a bit of confusion play across his face.  Is Henry is being blackmailed into spying for Russia?

Show ends on Henry's face.  What will he do?

• Love 2

It'll be interesting to see if the cyanide pill is used at all. And, if it is, I'm almost sure it won't be for its intended purpose. 

In considering Elizabeth's endgame, Elizabeth is burning out fast. Every other character that has burned out has had a significant life change as a result of burning out. Elizabeth could too. It would be interesting to see if Elizabeth somehow someway realized that she'd spent her whole life focused on the wrong thing, when she should have prioritized her family. Put them first. IDK exactly how that would come about, but it might be interesting to see what could allow her to lose her single minded focus on The Cause. Philip's death could be a way. But, it's possible that something else could happen, and given Elizabeth's state of mind, she might well change for it. No matter what, I think her clear exhaustion and burn out will come at a price. For now, Elizabeth seems by choice and force as allied with the hardliners, but a lot could change in 9 episodes....

I think it's also notable that Claudia seems just fine. Business as usual. Hardliner to the end perhaps? If anyone is likely to be one to the very end, I'd say it's her. Claudia just seems unaffected by everything. 

Paige I expect to get a rude awakening into the reality of spying before this is over. Philip and Elizabeth have shielded her from a lot. Elizabeth still is. The show may well want to present Paige as a good Elizabeth-like spy, but I don't see how she can have a blase response to the true reality of this. It's a cold, ugly business. Paige hasn't truly seen anything- yet. 

However they end this show, I do hope it is at least fitting, makes sense, but also doesn't feel incredibly predictable, regardless of whether it's an ending I personally like.

• Love 1

I should think Elizabeth ought to think about the situation if she takes that pill. She'd basically be leaving Paige with Claudia and while Paige might just keep spying in Mom's memory I think it would lose a lot of the fun. Even if Claudia was able to easily keep her in line. That pill sems like it should give Elizabeth reason to think about dying and often when she does that she realizes she should focus more on family away from the Cause.

Henry will be a spy for the americans.  The kgb wants the second Gen illegals program forgetting that the second Gen illegals were born and raised as Americans.  Henry doesn't have any connection to Russia and probably won't know his Russian heritage.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Sunshinegal said:

Henry will be a spy for the americans.  The kgb wants the second Gen illegals program forgetting that the second Gen illegals were born and raised as Americans.  Henry doesn't have any connection to Russia and probably won't know his Russian heritage.

True, but Henry could be coerced if he found out part of his family was in Russia, and if Henry wanted them to live, or eat, or get out of prison?  He'd do as told.

I'm liking my idea of an ending on Henry's face.  After being ignored for years, he ends this thing. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not opposed to a shock ending.  I thought the Sopranos was kind of lame, because it wasn't that much of a real ending, but, just a stopping point.  Now, there will not be any real resolution, since Tony is really dead in real life, so........

And on Big Love, it broke my heart to see Bill be killed, but,.....then later, the actor dies in real life.....heartbreaking really. 

I wasn't thrilled that Walter died in BB, but, I still think there is a slight chance that he didn't die and that if the creators really wanted to, he could be resurrected from the floor by paramedics and take us into another place in time. Not likely, though. 

I sort of do expect that either P or E will be killed in this finale season.  It would actually be odd if they both survived, but, I think I would prefer it that way.  But, the way the writers set up the first episode with P being so happy out of the spy business, then pulled back in, E working herself to death, then a poison pill.....death seems kind of ominous.  But, I've been so wrong about this show.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

More and more I REALLY want a flash forward into, at the very least, the collapse of the USSR, but honestly they could go further than that, and show a glimpse of embedded Russian spies in the 21st century.

I really don't want this show to just stop in 1987.

• Love 6