Type keyword(s) to search

Flip Or Flop - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I always thought that they were both reading lines off of a teleprompter, especially Christina. She was so phony in her talking heads not to mention her hair, teeth, false eyelashes, etc. There didn’t seem to be one authentic thing about her. 

• Love 10

I enjoyed the last show.  And they used quite a bit of blue!  Everything wasn't grey, grey and more grey.  No sign of a blow up of any kind, if this is when it supposedly happened.

I think Tarek will be fine if he wants to continue TV.  I enjoy Flipping 101.  I tried Christina's show and hated it.  As far as I can tell, her only clients are her friends.  Hopefully she's good at investing her money 😃

Farewell Flip or Flop.  I've enjoyed watching you!

• Love 8
On 3/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, ByaNose said:

I remember when Nate Berkus had a line at Target. This was before they had their own line, Studio McGee and Joanna Gaines. Anyway, it was there a few years and then poof gone! I always wonder if the line just didn’t make money and it wasn’t renewed or was it just set for a certain amount of time. I would guess as long as someone is willing to pay they’ll produce the merchandise. As for, Christina, I’m sure she would get a lot of $$$$$ but I would think Target (or any store) would have to think shoppers would want to buy from a certain personality or designer. Who knows?

What could she possibly produce for Target though? White tiles for backsplashes, concrete flooring tiles, gray paint? And considering you could walk into any Home Depot tomorrow and buy all the “design choices” she recommends, I don’t think another department store would find much value in her. But hey, stranger things have happened right?!

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Frost said:

Farewell Flip or Flop.  I've enjoyed watching you!

I watched mainly for the train-wreck value.  I don't like anything about Christina, her designs or her own show, and Tarek is like a used car salesman.  So I won't be watching either of their shows.

• Love 3

Just saw the finale show. I don't really follow what's happening with Christina, so it was the first time I've seen her fiance (who looks a lot like Tarek). Apparently, they're living in Tennessee, so that seems like a logical reason to quit the partnership with Tarek right there.

I did wonder what the custody arrangements are like for those poor kids (hers and Tarek's, that is). She certainly has disrupted a lot of lives.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Apparently, they're living in Tennessee, so that seems like a logical reason to quit the partnership with Tarek right there.

She has a house in Tennessee.  However, she's not living there full time.

I will miss Izzie and Jeff. Also Steve, the contractor that went and opened his own design store.

• Love 5

I guess Christina ended but not for the reason shown. She probably had enough togetherness with Tarek and wanted out. I know Tarek has or had 101 but he really could just keep doing Flip or Flop as a solo host since he did the heavy lifting anyway, right? He can still use Jeff and continue on. Unless, Tarek rather move on from the show that made him famous. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

My guess is that F or F was a set show with exclusive contracts with T & C, and that's why it continued with her appearances.    I think the production company didn't want to continue with only one of them, unless they change the name, and there may be a non-compete clause to continue the exact show name, and concept.    

Tarek has a lot of other projects, pod casts, etc. in addition to Flipping 101, his real estate company, buying low price houses he still flips, and his rental portfolio.      I'm wondering if his Flipping 101 show will have more episodes too.     

I found Christina's statement last night less than candid.    She just doesn't want to be put on the back burner because Heather is permanently in the picture, and she thinks she's a big star on her own, but she's not.  A while ago it was announced that she would have at least one show on Discovery + about wellness, I bet that was cancelled.      I think she does higher end flips, and still does her 'design' show, so she wanted more time for travel, and to spend out of L.A.  

• Love 5

Plus, Christina has her Jacuzzi® shower gig, telling us she's seen it all, and these wonderful showers can be installed in as little as one day! She really doesn't have the tv presence to be a spokesperson. She seems so forced.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

This was a terrible flip to end the show with. They tore out all the original character of that Spanish style home. They took out the tile flooring and replaced it with cheap looking generic hard wood. They put generic looking wooden cabinets in the kitchen and the bathroom. The fireplace looked nice but they used the same tile on it that they used in the downstairs bathroom! Who the hell wants their bathroom tile on their fireplace?? Also, the backsplash in the kitchen was weird and in no way Spanish looking.

I think they could just substitute Heather for Christina going forward and nobody would know the difference. 

What I would like to see is Tarek continue with Flip or Flop by himself and bring in a guest designer for each episode. Maybe that way we don't get the exact same finishes for every single house.

I always thought that they were both reading lines off of a teleprompter, especially Christina. She was so phony in her talking heads

What I've noticed of late is that after she delivers her obligatory banter with Tarek she walks away with a smirk, like she cannot hide how phony the whole conversation was. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

This was a terrible flip to end the show with. They tore out all the original character of that Spanish style home.

They also tore out all the sumptuous landscaping fronting that cement wall in the backyard, and replaced it with the usual stiff, wide-spaced row of grocery store chrysanthemums.

12 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think they could just substitute Heather for Christina going forward and nobody would know the difference. 

Heather has no edge; I think what I liked about Christina was the way she clashed with, and mocked Tarek. Also, I can't imagine Heather showing up to 'work' in jeans and sneakers, as Christina used to before she and Tarek split.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

What I've noticed of late is that after she delivers her obligatory banter with Tarek she walks away with a smirk, like she cannot hide how phony the whole conversation was. 

On numerous occasions I've noticed both of them smiling while delivering their lines, often with sunglasses on. They must find their own phony selves funny as they go through the motions to get their per-episode cash.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2022 at 11:47 AM, Dehumidifier said:

ON 3/11/2022 AT 8:10 PM, IMONREY SAID:

I hated the color too. Ick. Wasn't crazy about all the grey in the interior either.

One thing that always bugs me is they never find out if a wall is load bearing until after they buy the house. So it ALWAYS turns out to be a unexpected/surprise addition to their budget. Which seems . . . unlikely. I think during the initial inspection any reputable contractor can tell you whether or not a wall is load bearing. 

EXPAND  

I'm sure they know. That's scripted for the drama. Like not noticing that the roof, wiring, pipes are bad. Or not deciding what to do with the lawn and yard until the last minute.

Or the fence they never notice is falling down till a few days before the open house. LOL.

I'll miss those crazy kids. Even though they hated each other, they were good tv partners. 

On 3/10/2022 at 9:09 PM, lynxfx said:

What happened to all of the Flip or Flop city spin offs? Vegas, Atlanta, Palm Springs. 

I'll watch Flipping 101 only because there are some horrible flippers so it is entertaining. Christina's show was horrible so I'm surprised that is coming back. It's been off for awhile too.

I watched the flipping shows in other cities. The people were nicer, and some of their flips were nicer and Tarek and Christina's, but the shows just didn't suck me in and hold my interest the way Flip or Flop did. I can't speak for HGTV, but that's why I stopped watching them. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

They also tore out all the sumptuous landscaping fronting that cement wall in the backyard, and replaced it with the usual stiff, wide-spaced row of grocery store chrysanthemums.

My personal pet peeve too!

I'm a landscape architect and watching them pull out very decent plants along with the nearly dead ones feels like they're throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

It often leaves the house looking stark and bland-looking (especially the front entry walls) when leaving some mature greenery would improve the curb appeal.

My other gripe? For budget purposes they never spring for a wired automatic irrigation system (which I get, cost-wise) but then they install a row of elevated manual valves right next to the entry porch. While convenient when you have to bend down and turn on each valve by hand - what an eyesore!

Placing the valves at the opposite end of the planter would be a much more attractive choice.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 3/18/2022 at 10:56 AM, iMonrey said:

What I would like to see is Tarek continue with Flip or Flop by himself and bring in a guest designer for each episode. Maybe that way we don't get the exact same finishes for every single house.

I would like to see this show continue as a part of Flipping 101, where he still advises the flippers (who don't listen to him anyway), but have Tarek doing flips with Robert, or Pete, or others on a rotating basis.

The big issue with the other F or F versions in other cities is that there are a certain number of flips that have to happen each season, and on a schedule that fits filming, and that takes a lot of flips, and time filming the scenes the producers need.     

I really was disappointed with last night's flip.    No character left, landscaping all ripped out and replaced with plants that may not even survive, when they could have cleaned up the existing landscaping.    

Tarek has his own real estate company, specializing in high priced homes, Tarek Buys Houses is one of those we buy anything companies for flips, at least 100 rental properties, his podcast, Flipping 101, and other businesses, so he's doing just fine.    The joint design and construction business shut down at least 3 years ago.    

I think Christina does high end flips. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

I found the house from the episode. It was bought on 6/15/21, put on the market on 1/28/22, pending on 2/9/22, and actually just sold yesterday, what a coincidence. So the last scene must have been filmed very recently. 

I can see Tarek continuing on and doing well. Christine seems a little big for her britches!

I just watched this last episode and I’m thinking that ending with explanations was for something in the works. 

Heather was getting a lot of flack about  maybe wanting Christine’s spot on the show. 

Perhaps this was to show it is Christine’s choice to leave and what will poor Tarek do now. 

Somethings up. Count on it!

• Love 6

Christina told Tarek he would still see her at soccer.

They would always say that they had so many flips going on at once.  And I thought they filmed a few of them for HGTV.

What happened to their business together? Wasn't it called T&C Construction or something? The "For Sale" signs they put always were for their own real estate company.

Tarek doesn't need Christina to continue flipping houses. Is he now solo?

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I believe he does flips with her and maybe some without her, but he also does Flipping 101.

I just think he was surprised because they do quite well together, and I bet he recognizes that.

There's also a big difference between flipping and design.  They were making five-figure or six-figure profits on those houses.  She has a house in TN and a house in CA, plus very expensive tastes.  Her design business is not going to support that lifestyle long-term.

Tarek also has an expensive lifestyle, but he seems to realize that he needs to keep flipping, having rentals, etc. to support it. F&F was a cash cow for them.  Not in the sense of the episodes themselves, but it built their brand.  It made them "Tarek and Christina" even post-divorce. I think he was genuinely surprised that she would want to give that up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Rightside said:

They would always say that they had so many flips going on at once.  And I thought they filmed a few of them for HGTV.

What happened to their business together? Wasn't it called T&C Construction or something? The "For Sale" signs they put always were for their own real estate company.

T&C Construction and their joint realty closed around the time of their divorce, several years ago,  Tarek started up his own business buying houses that need work and flipping them.  He also owns his own realty and owns a lot of rental property and a company which manages it.  The last several years, none of the houses have been purchased by T&C Construction and we haven't seen their real estate sign, either, because both are out of business.

Speculation is that the homes they've been renovating on the show are from Tarek's flipping business, which seems likely.

Obviously, the whole last scene of the show was staged to present a plausible reason why the show will not be continuing.  The entire bit was scripted as was Tarek's shocked reaction. Just a month or so ago, it was announced that it was renewed, so something happened since then.  Maybe it is that Christina wants to focus on 'designing' homes for people who already live there and not for flips; but, since she really wasn't doing any flips except for the houses she filmed for the show the last few years; there is obviously more to it than that.  For that matter, how hard was it for her to 'design' the flips they showed when all the houses had one of the same 3 or 4 cabinets, half dozen tiles and 2 paint colors?  They used the same stuff again and again, probably because they got a deal on it, not because Christina actually went to the tile store and picked it out.  I think, most likely, they really don't much like working together, they don't really get along on set and they're both busy enough with other stuff that they've decided that it's not worth the aggravation to continue.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

T&C Construction and their joint realty closed around the time of their divorce, several years ago,  Tarek started up his own business buying houses that need work and flipping them.  He also owns his own realty and owns a lot of rental property and a company which manages it.  The last several years, none of the houses have been purchased by T&C Construction and we haven't seen their real estate sign, either, because both are out of business.

Speculation is that the homes they've been renovating on the show are from Tarek's flipping business, which seems likely.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know they closed down their construction company.

For the show only he must ask Christina what she thinks about the purchase prices and the listing prices of the houses. Why would he care what she thinks?

I wonder if he is still splitting the profits with her for the houses they film.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Thanks for the info! I didn't know they closed down their construction company.

For the show only he must ask Christina what she thinks about the purchase prices and the listing prices of the houses. Why would he care what she thinks?

I wonder if he is still splitting the profits with her for the houses they film.

The homes are already bought and paid for before filming ever begins.  The convos with Tarek and Christina discussing the pros and cons of the purchase are staged as is the walk through with the contractor.  They;ve already seen the house and have at least begun preliminary planning before filming even starts.

Even back in the days of T&C Construction, Tarek and Christina were not finding the houses and putting bids on them themselves.  They had employees whose job was to comb the area for potential flips which they would then bid on, Often, especially after the first could seasons, neither T nor C had even personally seen the house before purchasing it.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 5

I just watched the final episode.  The best part , IMO, was Jeff being more included in the conversation.  I always liked Jeff, and I think I said before that I’d watch a show of him and Israel.  Guess I’m in the minority but I always liked Christina.  So now I feel like I’d watch a show where Jeff and/or Izzy do all the construction and Christina comes in briefly to discuss a few design elements. Yeah I know, Christina being there at all would ruin it for a lot of people.  I liked her better in the last couple of seasons when she toned down the makeup and wore much more casual clothes.  
the funniest part of this episode was Tarek asking Jeff if the one kitchen wall was load bearing, when even in the quick shot of it, I could see it was only about two inches thick.   Maybe Tarek got mixed up on where they were in the script and was meant to say that about a different wall ;-) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I like Jeff and Izzy and it was nice seeing them making decisions themselves - basically telling T&C what they thought was best to do and T&C saying OK. With T & C spread so thin, they probably left most things up to J&I and phone conversations when we weren't watching.

With the ages of Christina's kids, they are probably at three different schools with different after-school interests, and in Southern CA there is a lot of driving in bad traffic. To handle all that plus two different businesses at fourth and fifth locations would make me want to say - no more!

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

With running up to 10 flips at once, I bet the project managers, and general contractors make a lot of the decisions.   I'm sure there is a design staff to decide tile/cabinet/counter tops, vanities, etc.  to put in the project, and coordinate.     

I think any of us could pick what they're going to use on the flips, and we have better taste too.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

With running up to 10 flips at once, I bet the project managers, and general contractors make a lot of the decisions.   I'm sure there is a design staff to decide tile/cabinet/counter tops, vanities, etc.  to put in the project, and coordinate.     

I think any of us could pick what they're going to use on the flips, and we have better taste too.   

Yes, I think by this point, they've streamlined the decision-making and the people doing the flips know what to do and get it done without much consultation.  I would expect they keep most of their supplies like cabinetry and tile in a warehouse (I believe Tarek's business owns one) and their various crews simply go and pick up the designated decor for each flip and install it.  They probably have design packages already set up and each house gets assigned a package that includes tile, flooring, cabinets and paint colors and there is little to no leeway given. House A gets design package 1, house B gets package 2, etc, etc.

They've also probably also got algorithms for what to do about problems they encounter during the flips based on how much time and money is involved.  If something is going to cost more than x dollars or take more than y hours to do; it has to go to the bosses.  Otherwise, just do it.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

Yes, I think by this point, they've streamlined the decision-making and the people doing the flips know what to do and get it done without much consultation.  I would expect they keep most of their supplies like cabinetry and tile in a warehouse (I believe Tarek's business owns one) and their various crews simply go and pick up the designated decor for each flip and install it.  They probably have design packages already set up and each house gets assigned a package that includes tile, flooring, cabinets and paint colors and there is little to no leeway given. House A gets design package 1, house B gets package 2, etc, etc.

They've also probably also got algorithms for what to do about problems they encounter during the flips based on how much time and money is involved.  If something is going to cost more than x dollars or take more than y hours to do; it has to go to the bosses.  Otherwise, just do it.

I wonder if they sell those flip design packages?  I could see a lot of homebuilders paying for them.

Heck if I was doing a remodel I'd love everything picked out!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if they sell those flip design packages?  I could see a lot of homebuilders paying for them.

Heck if I was doing a remodel I'd love everything picked out!

There was a local contractor who built a subdivision with hundreds of houses, and you could purchase all of the furniture, for the living, dining, three bedrooms, and you chose from three different color themes.   I think the furniture, and any upgrades were put in the mortgage, and you could substitue a big desk for a second guest bed too.     The builder also owned the furniture store, so he was filling a homebuyer's needs, and making a nice profit too.    I wonder how many people saw the decorating, and furniture the previous staging companies used to use, and wanted that look?

I was looking at this season's Avocado house with Izzy, where they added the putting green.   The white and bright blue kitchen back splash is the worst tile they've ever used.   I can't believe they didn't have to give a credit to the buyer to have that tile ripped out, and replace with something decent.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Obviously, the whole last scene of the show was staged to present a plausible reason why the show will not be continuing. 

It definitely felt tacked on. They obviously don't film these episodes in sequence since they have a bunch of flips going on at the same time. So they do a bunch of walk-thru filming then a bunch of demo filming and then a bunch of reveals. This house must have still been on the market so they chose it for the "goodbye" scene. They might have cut some stuff out to make room for it. I don't remember any discussion about the flooring, for example.

• Love 7
On 3/18/2022 at 10:56 AM, iMonrey said:

This is a terrific idea ! I would definitely watch.

I think Christina will regret putting an end to F or F. It was an easy gig for her to show up, roll her eyes, and then lay out her gray and white cabinets and tiles. Her own show is very dull, and I am not sure she is that talented of a designer. Her latest bf seems like nothing more than a hanger-on, IMO. Does he even work ?

I find Tarek to be much smarter, more entertaining and fun to watch. He has a lot of good experience and a good tv presence. I will continue to watch his solo shows for sure.

Why did F or F flip houses never have a fridge ?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

Because they (and by they I mean Tarek) never wanted to pay for them.

That was years ago, but I remember him saying that on-camera at some point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

Most new construction comes without a refrigerator. Not only are they the most expensive of the appliances but most people want to choose their options, i.e., top or bottom freezer, double or single door, water and ice dispenser.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

Most new construction comes without a refrigerator. Not only are they the most expensive of the appliances but most people want to choose their options, i.e., top or bottom freezer, double or single door, water and ice dispenser.

Yes, that's exactly why a lot of new subdivisions, or flips don't have a fridge.    Some builders or flippers may give you a credit at an appliance store, but another complication is that some refrigerators or other appliances are back ordered.     I looked at one subdivision where the builder put the same fridge in every house, but I heard other people complaining about the model they supplied.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Kenzie said:

Yeah unless it is a special built-in fridge which is rare. Even rentals leave out the fridge, especially in CA.

Same goes for the washer and dryer. Most people want to pick out their own. It could end up being a negotiation tactic to offer appliances but in this housing market I don't think that even flies now.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, lynxfx said:

Yeah unless it is a special built-in fridge which is rare. Even rentals leave out the fridge, especially in CA.

Same goes for the washer and dryer. Most people want to pick out their own. It could end up being a negotiation tactic to offer appliances but in this housing market I don't think that even flies now.

When I rented an apartment in Anaheim, CA back in 1969 it didn't come with a fridge. I bought a used one cheap and sold it to someone for what I paid for it when I moved. Apparently nothing has changed. 🤣

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/17/2022 at 8:26 PM, Gam2 said:

I always thought that they were both reading lines off of a teleprompter, especially Christina. She was so phony in her talking heads not to mention her hair, teeth, false eyelashes, etc. There didn’t seem to be one authentic thing about her. 

I bet she is doing filming at her Tenn home she bought and will drag the new fiancee on the show and she wants them to be the it couple. She has been flying down there quite alot and he doesn't seem to have a job.  They say he does real estate.  Go ahead, try to find him as an active realtor in California or Tenn. I have always thought she was a phony.  It is all her little fan girls that tell her how wonderful she is.  She is in to all that hocus pocus, wearing crystals, having a wizard, all that new age crap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2022 at 2:27 PM, Rootbeer said:

Obviously, the whole last scene of the show was staged to present a plausible reason why the show will not be continuing.  The entire bit was scripted as was Tarek's shocked reaction. Just a month or so ago, it was announced that it was renewed, so something happened since then.  Maybe it is that Christina wants to focus on 'designing' homes for people who already live there and not for flips; but, since she really wasn't doing any flips except for the houses she filmed for the show the last few years; there is obviously more to it than that.  For that matter, how hard was it for her to 'design' the flips they showed when all the houses had one of the same 3 or 4 cabinets, half dozen tiles and 2 paint colors?  They used the same stuff again and again, probably because they got a deal on it, not because Christina actually went to the tile store and picked it out.  I think, most likely, they really don't much like working together, they don't really get along on set and they're both busy enough with other stuff that they've decided that it's not worth the aggravation to continue.

She has been flying to Tenn alot with the new fiancee.  I bet they are filming her Tenn home and renovating it with him in the show.  He doesn't seem to have a job. and I think she is angling for them to do something.

On 3/19/2022 at 11:32 AM, Rightside said:

Juast bring on Izzy or Jeff.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, justdoit10 said:

I bet she is doing filming at her Tenn home she bought and will drag the new fiancee on the show and she wants them to be the it couple. She has been flying down there quite alot and he doesn't seem to have a job.  They say he does real estate.  Go ahead, try to find him as an active realtor in California or Tenn. I have always thought she was a phony.  It is all her little fan girls that tell her how wonderful she is.  She is in to all that hocus pocus, wearing crystals, having a wizard, all that new age crap.

Yes, the huge fight with Tarek was when she announced she smoked Bufo Toad toxin, to relieve her anxiety, and change her entire life (no, I'm not kidding, she said it got rid of years of anxiety, and it's highly illegal too), before she went out with her fiance the first time.   They showed some F or F shows from early seasons, and she looked so much healthier then, she's looking smaller and smaller with the last few seasons, and doesn't look like the same person.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, the huge fight with Tarek was when she announced she smoked Bufo Toad toxin, to relieve her anxiety, and change her entire life (no, I'm not kidding, she said it got rid of years of anxiety, and it's highly illegal too), before she went out with her fiance the first time.   They showed some F or F shows from early seasons, and she looked so much healthier then, she's looking smaller and smaller with the last few seasons, and doesn't look like the same person.  

She met her new one when she bought the house in Tenn.  She was down there visiting her friend Cara who she did that Wellness Book with(think Cara dropped her-she was bad for business with the toad crap).  He was still living with his wife in Tx in Feb and moved out, filed for divorce and is engaged to Christina 6 months later.  I have no doubt her angle is to do shows with him.  Agree she looked so much healthier years ago.  She looks anorexic now and no I am not picking on her.  It just happens to be true.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/20/2022 at 9:34 PM, Ohmo said:

Because they (and by they I mean Tarek) never wanted to pay for them.

That was years ago, but I remember him saying that on-camera at some point.

Apparently in Ca refrigerators are considered an amenity and not a neccessity so they are not required, even in apartments.

• Useful 1
On 3/17/2022 at 9:48 PM, sempervivum said:

Just saw the finale show. I don't really follow what's happening with Christina, so it was the first time I've seen her fiance (who looks a lot like Tarek). Apparently, they're living in Tennessee, so that seems like a logical reason to quit the partnership with Tarek right there.

I did wonder what the custody arrangements are like for those poor kids (hers and Tarek's, that is). She certainly has disrupted a lot of lives.

They live in the OC.  She just bought a 10 million dollar home at Dana Point.  She also has joint custody with both Tarek and Ant.  She is not the primary.  The house in Tenn is a vacation home she bought for 2 million when she was visiting her friend Cara.  She met her fiancee  there.  He was living in TX with his wife .  He filed a quickie divorce in March of 21  and presto engaged to Christina 6 months later.  They go to Tenn alot and I think what they are doing is renovating that home and she has him doing the show with her for COC.  I think her new angle is for them to be on a show.  She says he is a realtor but go ahead and try to find an active realtor named Josh Hall.  He goes where she goes.  He is like the house boy.  And if you see him standing next to Tarek they look nothing alike and half of his body is covered with hideous tats all over his chest , 1 arm and 1 leg.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 3/18/2022 at 12:11 PM, sempervivum said:

Heather has no edge; I think what I liked about Christina was the way she clashed with, and mocked Tarek. Also, I can't imagine Heather showing up to 'work' in jeans and sneakers, as Christina used to before she and Tarek split.

When she was with Tarek she used to show up in high heels and dresses and walk the site.  It was ridiculous.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 2
On 2/5/2022 at 1:44 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Or if Heather's too busy with her Selling Sunset (I hope I got the name right) and her other professional projects, maybe Tarek and Robert (the one who teamed with him on a hoarder house for Robert's first flip), or a couple of other part time team members.  

I think Christina's talked about some major health issues recently, so I'm hoping all of that resolves quickly, and completely for her.  

For someone who complains about auto immune diseases she drinks too much alcohol.  Every pic she takes of herself is with a glass of wine in her hands.

• Useful 2
On 2/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm watching the reruns on HGTV this morning.    I just watched the mid-century modern (mcm), Cliff May house, from last season I think.    I was appalled at the staging, that was just generic flipper staging that fit in any house they do on this show.     I didn't see any MCM in the finishes, or design.    The cement look tiles in the kitchen back splash were not MCM or anything resembling that.    

Their staging or whoever they use is horrid and cheap looking.  Of course she walks in and says oh how "cyute". 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 2/7/2022 at 12:44 PM, Kiki620 said:

Christina's absolute repulsion over walls is borderline phobic.  Good Lord, woman, what did a wall ever do to you??  Was she bullied by a wall in High School?  Have her heart broken by a wall in College?  Have a quickie marriage, baby and divorce by one......oh wait, that was Ant!

I think something that shows how completely limited she is as a "designer" is her inability to acknowledge or recognize any other style outside of her gray and white box.  What if she had a client who enjoyed defined and separated spaces?  Could she work with them?  Could she design within four walls?  Recently, there was a house (sorry, can't remember which one, the episodes tend to run together for me) that wasn't that bad.  In fact, it just looked like a dated, cute, little Grandma house inside. She acted like she was going to vomit.  Did she ever have a Grandma?  Or know a person who liked to collect older things and preferred a warm and cozy space as opposed to modern design?  When she walks into those types of homes it's like she's personally offended by them.  Highly.  I wonder if she visited someone in real life with a house like that, would she be so disgusted or would she be able to cover it up?       

I hate when they remove all the walls and just throw a little round table somewhere in the space and call it a dining room.  It looks ridiculous.  I think they use really cheap looking stagers in general and it also looks hideous when your tiles in the kitchen are the same on the  fireplace and in the bathroom.  Like WTH.

• Love 7
On 3/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, Ohmo said:

I completely agree with this, and I don't think that's what they fully understand.  HGTV is very duo-oriented: Ben and Erin, Jonathan and Drew, Egypt and Mike (one of my new faves), Brian and Mika, etc. etc. In fact, I think Tarek and Christina had a lot to do with that concept, even after their divorce.  Tarek or Tarek and Heather is not the same as Tarek and Christina. I think that their solo shows have been propped up by the fact that they continued to do F&F.  No matter the reason, if the fact that F&F is ending is because they can't stand each other, I think they're about to see how much that's going to cost them. I also think that viewers had accepted that they had divorced and moved on. From a viewer standpoint, F&F in its current state seemed to be accepted and liked as much as when they were a couple.

Wonder how Izzie and Jeff feel about this turn of events?

I like Egypt and Mike's show alot.  They are a great looking couple and boy is he handsome. They have that it factor. I thought Tarek would contine and just give Jeff or Izzy more camera time.  Bring in different designers and see who he has a good connection with.  She is going to try to do something with her new fiancee.  He just follows her around anyway and I thing we will be seeing them do renovations of her Tenn vacation home.  They have been flying down there pretty regularly.  I don't watch her show.

• Love 2
On 3/22/2022 at 3:53 AM, justdoit10 said:

I hate when they remove all the walls and just throw a little round table somewhere in the space and call it a dining room.  It looks ridiculous.  I think they use really cheap looking stagers in general and it also looks hideous when your tiles in the kitchen are the same on the  fireplace and in the bathroom.  Like WTH.

The stagers they used until a couple of seasons ago, (the twin sisters who worked in L.A. and I saw them staging some Palm Springs houses a few years ago also) were great, matched the furniture size to the house, coordinated colors and really did a good job.   The stagers they've used for the past couple of seasons aren't as good, they just throw the same furnishings in every house, nothing coordinates, or adds to the house. 

Tarek has a huge empire of flipping, rentals, and other related companies, so he's always going to do fine.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4