Type keyword(s) to search

Flip Or Flop - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The stagers they used until a couple of seasons ago, (the twin sisters who worked in L.A. and I saw them staging some Palm Springs houses a few years ago also) were great, matched the furniture size to the house, coordinated colors and really did a good job.   The stagers they've used for the past couple of seasons aren't as good, they just throw the same furnishings in every house, nothing coordinates, or adds to the house. 

Agree.  Something really changed.  Is that what it was?  I can see the difference.  Nothing wows you.

• Love 4
On 3/19/2022 at 8:24 PM, deirdra said:

I like Jeff and Izzy and it was nice seeing them making decisions themselves - basically telling T&C what they thought was best to do and T&C saying OK. With T & C spread so thin, they probably left most things up to J&I and phone conversations when we weren't watching.

With the ages of Christina's kids, they are probably at three different schools with different after-school interests, and in Southern CA there is a lot of driving in bad traffic. To handle all that plus two different businesses at fourth and fifth locations would make me want to say - no more!

She has it easier than most mothers. She is not primary custody .  Tarek and Ant have those kids all the time so she has plenty of free time.  She is always taking off to somewhere with the new fiancee.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 3/20/2022 at 10:35 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

There was a local contractor who built a subdivision with hundreds of houses, and you could purchase all of the furniture, for the living, dining, three bedrooms, and you chose from three different color themes.   I think the furniture, and any upgrades were put in the mortgage, and you could substitue a big desk for a second guest bed too.     The builder also owned the furniture store, so he was filling a homebuyer's needs, and making a nice profit too.    I wonder how many people saw the decorating, and furniture the previous staging companies used to use, and wanted that look?

I was looking at this season's Avocado house with Izzy, where they added the putting green.   The white and bright blue kitchen back splash is the worst tile they've ever used.   I can't believe they didn't have to give a credit to the buyer to have that tile ripped out, and replace with something decent.

That was horrible and she kept saying it was great for their Mid century look.  It looked almost nautical.

• Love 2
On 3/20/2022 at 8:41 PM, Chris Knight said:

This is a terrific idea ! I would definitely watch.

I think Christina will regret putting an end to F or F. It was an easy gig for her to show up, roll her eyes, and then lay out her gray and white cabinets and tiles. Her own show is very dull, and I am not sure she is that talented of a designer. Her latest bf seems like nothing more than a hanger-on, IMO. Does he even work ?

I find Tarek to be much smarter, more entertaining and fun to watch. He has a lot of good experience and a good tv presence. I will continue to watch his solo shows for sure.

Why did F or F flip houses never have a fridge ?

Agree with everything you said.  I think she has been filming in Tenn and renovating her vaca home and she is involving the new fiancee in her show.  I think she wants a show with those 2.  You are right it looks like he doesn't do anything.  He is on her schedule.  Tarek is the brains behind the business so i think he will come up with something.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

Agree with everything you said.  I think she has been filming in Tenn and renovating her vaca home and she is involving the new fiancee in her show.  I think she wants a show with those 2.  You are right it looks like he doesn't do anything.  He is on her schedule.  Tarek is the brains behind the business so i think he will come up with something.

I can see Tarek always landing on his feet. On the other hand, I can see Christina landing in bankruptcy court.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Why did they had to have the "spouses" along in the cars the final episode?

Couldn't they let Christina and Tarek show up by themselves?

To show they have moved on from each other…..I guess. It wasn’t needed but I guess some viewers need it spelled out for them. LOL!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Rightside said:

Why did they had to have the "spouses" along in the cars the final episode?

Couldn't they let Christina and Tarek show up by themselves?

I agree they looked out of place.  Most everybody pretty much knows all their business.  Heather and Christina are on Instagram constantly.  Heather talking about fertility issues and Christina posing with her new boyfriend of the month!I

The kids seem to be with Ant and Heather!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Most everybody pretty much knows all their business.  Heather and Christina are on Instagram constantly.  Heather talking about fertility issues and Christina posing with her new boyfriend of the mont

Not necessarily. The casual viewer might not seek them out on social media. In fact, if I didn't read about all their stuff here, and follow a few links, I might not know everything there is to know about T&C either. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

LOL! They dislike each other as much as I dislike both of them. 🎉🎉

And their cookie cutter jobs, design by warehouse, failed attempts at charm, as well as decent snark at each other. 

Bye, Show! I'm sure Tarek appreciates the viewer who helped save his life. Christina appreciates that mirrors abound, although hers need the sticker Objects May Not Appear As They Do In Real Life.

• LOL 5

Christina is probably just someone who can’t be alone. I wouldn’t be surprised if her self-esteem is based on being considered desirable by a man. 

I loved the show but I will watch Tarek on Flipping 101 because incompetent flippers will never cease to be funny. The look on Tarek’s face when they do something stupid is worth watching. Tarek was the interesting one on the show and he really talked more about the difficulties of flipping, which I liked.  Christina’s designs were almost all the same, black or gray kitchen and some hideously patterned tile. I will say that I did like them together because they played off each other well. 

I love watching the old episodes when everyone had bad hair, Tarek was on shorts and flip flops and they were not going over the top crazy with the flips. 

• Love 9
On 4/6/2022 at 5:50 PM, MakingBacon said:

Christina is probably just someone who can’t be alone. I wouldn’t be surprised if her self-esteem is based on being considered desirable by a man.

It looks that way. No one is saying that she can’t date or have fun while her kids are with their Dads, but after her last divorce, you think she would SLOW DOWN. Wasn’t it just last year??? 

3 husbands by the time you’re 70 is one thing, 3 at less than 40 (assuming no one has died) can be quite a lot. 

I will have to check out some of Tarek’s other shows. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

3 husbands by the time you’re 70 is one thing, 3 at less than 40 (assuming no one has died) can be quite a lot. 

Christina has had 3 in the past 5 years.  She needs to slow her roll already.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Christina has had 3 in the past 5 years.  She needs to slow her roll already.

FOUR years. She and Tarek didnt divorce until 2018! I thought her marriage to Ant was quick, but this shows a pattern.

• Love 6

Didn't she also have an affair with one of their contractors, Gary Anderson? So the kids would have seen her flirting and hanging out with him too. And he didn't like kids.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Didn't she also have an affair with one of their contractors, Gary Anderson? So the kids would have seen her flirting and hanging out with him too. And he didn't like kids.

Yes, that's the pool contractor, and boyfriend, she was texting with when Tarek found out, and they had the big fight.    Coincidentally, Gary was also who happened to be working at the neighbor's house, and during the fight, Tarek went out of the house, hiking to cool off, and took a gun for protection (they lived right in the hills then).   

Then Gary and Christina called 911, and claimed Tarek was dangerous, so the police wanted his guns, and he gave them up voluntarily, and he moved out.   This was about the time Brandon was 9 months old.     

Gary was apparently the contractor who redid the pool at T & C's house, and it says so in the episode description, but the remodel is never shown.   

After the separation, and through the divorce, Gary was one of the boyfriends, but there were others, some had interesting backgrounds too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I love watching the old episodes when everyone had bad hair, Tarek was on shorts and flip flops and they were not going over the top crazy with the flips. 

The show lost its charm a long time ago. When they started out they were scraping by. They seemed genuine and the show felt more real. They really did stuff and had to haul Taylor along with them wherever they went. Once they became successful it all felt very staged and produced. We know they own a big company with lots of employees and don't really do any of the work themselves. The turning point was the big fight that was splashed all over the tabloids, and the ensuing divorce, which led to that really awkward first season after they separated. The show probably should have ended before it got to that point.

• Love 7
On 4/5/2022 at 6:25 PM, Jeanne222 said:

Will she have Another baby…maybe…. Just like a 401 K plan. Three child support checks each month!

If she has another kid with husband #3, he won't be paying child support. Christina bought a  $10,000 million dollar house that Ant's name wasn't included on.

This new guy doesn't have a fraction of the money she does.

She would probably have to pay him child support!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 4/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, iMonrey said:

The show lost its charm a long time ago. When they started out they were scraping by. They seemed genuine and the show felt more real. They really did stuff and had to haul Taylor along with them wherever they went. Once they became successful it all felt very staged and produced. We know they own a big company with lots of employees and don't really do any of the work themselves. The turning point was the big fight that was splashed all over the tabloids, and the ensuing divorce, which led to that really awkward first season after they separated. The show probably should have ended before it got to that point.

The T & C company went bye-bye, I'm guessing during the divorce.   Tarek still has his own real estate company, a flipping company that probably uses his Tarek Buys Houses business for a source of homes, owns over 100 rental properties, and has all kinds of other real estate businesses.    He still has his Flipping 101 show, always amusing to see people screw things up.    

The house Ant and CH remodeled and lived in was in both their names, but then he transferred it to her name only.     There are several other upscale properties she owns, and I suspect she flips upscale properties. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Rightside said:

If she has another kid with husband #3, he won't be paying child support. Christina bought a $10 million dollar house that Ant's name wasn't included on.

This new guy doesn't have a fraction of the money she does.

She would probably have to pay him child support!

OK, so we had the huge goodbye scene where Christina says she's doing her own projects now, and now they have "The Final Flip".    It's interesting to see their most disgusting houses, and their contractors through the years.   So, did they film this before the breakup, ending the show, or was it shown out of sequence, and the I'm quitting one was just tacked together?   

My guess is the quitting ending we saw months ago was a surprise to the producers, so they did this show with a flip show they filmed, and  combined it with the clips of old flips to make it an hour.    I bet this flip was supposed to be the start of another season, with the 'most expensive ever'.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

My DVR picked up a new episode last week that I don't think was a repackaged earlier episode. It was a duplex in Laguna Beach that they turned back into a single family home with two roof decks. Don't know why my DVR saw it as "new" if it was an old episode. Maybe HGTV held this back as a Christmas special. There was also a "new" episode of Flipping 101 that I had not seen.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Flipping 101 comes back in 2023, maybe February?    I think this last flip was only completed about 4 months ago, and took 2 years to do, I'm sure the ending the producers tacked on the last 30 minute episode last spring was a substitute for this. 

At least on Flipping 101 there are people to make fun of. Though it does ruin it all when they end up selling a crap place and making millions off it..... 

• Love 2

That was billed as the last episode of Flip or Flop.  It was an hour long and included their reminiscences of the show.  

I've seen the clip show before, and my DVR did not record that half. It only recorded the half hour on the Laguna Beach flip, which I don't remember ever seeing before.

• Love 2

On the Avocado House (everything was Avocado green outside), where they did that funky bright blue and white kitchen back splash tile, and filled in the small pool and turned it into a putting green, I think that house was already purchased by a buyer, who picked the tile, and wanted the putting green.  

The marathon of episodes the other day, the last episode with the speeches, was shown, without the bye-bye part.   The Laguna Beach (or Sunset Beach?) house that was 2 family to single family with the new contractor, was the real last episode.   On the rerun the clip show half hour was gone, and no mention of the final flip or anything, at least that I noticed.   I suspect that the clip show and the bye-bye was supposed to the end of the 2 family to 1 family episode, but it wasn't finished in time.   I think the beach house only sold in the last few months.     

They also reran the last episode with the speeches, but without that on the end of the episode.   So, I guess the clip show and the bye-bye ending are gone.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama