Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E23: Superhero

• Start Topic

Season finale:

In the Season 4 finale, Boden and Jimmy are at odds. Kidd deals with her unstable ex. Dawson continues her quest to foster Louie. Casey's new political consultant urges him to think big. The team responds to a dangerous structure fire.

It must be nice for Gabby to get the rest of the shift off on such short notice.  Who did they have to bone to force hire them for OT to cover behind her?

Everyone is glossing over the fact that the Borelli brother requested to stay in the building after he was told to evacuate because he heard something.  It's not all Boden's fault.  And 51 Borelli stuck his foot so far up in his mouth during that interview....I'm surprised he's still at the station house.  That should be worth a shift or two suspension.

I have never worked in a large scale metro department so I'm unfamiliar with the tactics, but it sure doesn't seem good practice to put your search/rescue people above the fire when there's a strong likelihood of their escape being cut off.  But, as long as the other firefighters can catch you after a 15' fall, it must be okay.  I guess those brand new facemasks must not be so important that she would leave it on the floor.

So, Casey, you had an attack of conscience.  But that's a 180 mile drive from Springfield to Chicago.  Hope your BAL was low enough.  But I suspect that the 911 enhancements funding is circling the drain right now.

I thought for a moment that they actually killed Mouch.  And wearing those dirty, sweaty, soot-covered, possibly bodily fluid-covered turnouts to bed?  No thanks.

• Love 1

I thought the end bit, at Dawson's door, was unrealistic but sweet.  I do like them as a couple normally.  I am bothered that Gabby is the one who made the unilateral decision, Gabby is the one that shut down his attempts to participate because she was ticked off that he didn't immediately leap to agree with her 100%, Gabby's the one who got the brand new place and basically, without so many words, indicated that he wasn't welcome.  But Casey's the one making the grand gesture to reconcile?

I would have hated if he'd cheated, but a part of me was chanting "Oh come on, just break up with her already" during their earlier argument.  I suppose it makes sense, with the character's history, that he'd be that much of a doormat, but it isn't very satisfying to watch.

• Love 9

Kidd deals with her unstable ex

I honestly thought "Who?" when I read that until the context of it reminded me. Didn't even know that was her name. They sure did a crap job introducing this character. And now I'm supposed to give a flying fig whether she lives or dies? I didn't even know her damn name.

I knew they'd never kill Gabby but damn I was hoping against hope. I simply do not understand why these writers are so in love with her. And why would the foster care lady bring Louie to the fire station? What's she supposed to do with the kid if she has to go on another run?? I know it was so all the other firefighters could clap but that was serious overkill. Can you imagine if she worked in an office somewhere and they just dropped the kid off with her while she was at work? How dumb.

So Otis is back and nary a mention of his weird medical problem. I suppose they'll just drop that like they dropped Casey's mysterious head injury. 

And I hope this is the end of Casey's political aspirations too. I guess the point of the publicist (or whatever the hell she is) was just something to tempt Casey and prove his love for Saint Gabby or whatever. But it was always ridiculous that some guy who's been alderman for all of two weeks is suddenly going to run for State Senate. On what record? Give me a break.

• Love 4

I hope Gabby just happened to have a car seat to take Louie home with. This show is just so stupid at time, it burns.

The stupidest thing about the whole political consultant part is Gabby was all about him being an Alderman and you could see she had bigger political sights in mind.... until a pretty woman showed up and actually talked to him about it and then she turned all jealous hater. Yes, only Gabby can encourage Casey and be on his team. Pretty professionals need not apply.

And I won't really care if whatshername gets stabbed to death next season. Her character really sucks and just isn't clicking. I did kinda think we were going to see druggie boy friend had stabbed himself to death in the chair as a surprise for her to come home to, but maybe there will at least be a good Severide scene next season to start with.

• Love 2

How do I hate thee, Gabby, let me count the ways.  Forget it, it would take too long.  Massive, bug-eyed eye roll at the portrayal of the foster system.  I've seen it in action and THAT was ridiculous.    So Super Paramedic, Super Firefighter, , Super Arson Investigator, Super Girlfriend and Super Mom decides, over a period of about five minutes, that she wants to put her Mommy crown on and take in a kid who hates the sight of everyone but her (of course). Boyfriend/fiancé/whatever isn't on board so she goes all passive aggressive...right?  I seriously wanted to punch her in the face and I'm a very gentle person (for the most part).  Why the show is so in love with her is one of the mysteries of the ages.  Run, Casey, run!!!!

• Love 7

I agree with all the posters above about this episode's unrealistic plot. Just to keep myself watching the entire hour, my mind came up with some "reasonable" explanations for some of them. I offer them to you:

It must be nice for Gabby to get the rest of the shift off on such short notice.  Who did they have to bone to force hire them for OT to cover behind her?

To get through the hour, I assumed that this request came during their 48-hour time off period. Another explanation, the group does seem to be able to go out on field trips, as long as they stay together so they can go enmass to a call. However, I doubt if this was the case there since they were not all in uniform. I did wonder who was watching Molly's. I wondered why Boden was not there helping.

Everyone is glossing over the fact that the Borelli brother requested to stay in the building after he was told to evacuate because he heard something.  It's not all Boden's fault.  And 51 Borelli stuck his foot so far up in his mouth during that interview....I'm surprised he's still at the station house.  That should be worth a shift or two suspension

Jimmy Borelli is certainty in the anger stage of bereavement. I agree that it is not appropriate behavior for the work place. However, Boden should have referred him for counseling or at least a visit to that compassionate chaplain. Jimmy is also forgetting that Boden ran into the building to save his life. The fire chief at the big brother's firehouse didn't help matters with his comments either. I thought that he was very unprofessional.

I thought the end bit, at Dawson's door, was unrealistic but sweet.  I do like them as a couple normally.  I am bothered that Gabby is the one who made the unilateral decision, Gabby is the one that shut down his attempts to participate because she was ticked off that he didn't immediately leap to agree with her 100%, Gabby's the one who got the brand new place and basically, without so many words, indicated that he wasn't welcome.  But Casey's the one making the grand gesture to reconcile?

I so agreed. It made me wonder how whipped you get growing up with a mother who murders your father. Speaking of Gabby's place, I have a feeling Cindy Herrmann is going to putting in a lot of Louis-sitting hours.

Cruz lives with Otis. Casey lives with Severide. Dawson lived with Sylvie and now Hermann. Isn't there anyone else in Chicago in search of a roommate?

So Otis is back and nary a mention of his weird medical problem. I suppose they'll just drop that like they dropped Casey's mysterious head injury.

Yes, what was the point of all that? Except to tease us with his hot replacement eye candy.

But it was always ridiculous that some guy who's been alderman for all of two weeks is suddenly going to run for State Senate.

I so agreed. However, Jesse Spencer does have his own special charisma, doesn't he?

• Love 3

Is there a line of people wanting to sock Dawson in the face, if so, I will happily join in. Anyhow, I am glad that she took the garage apartment at Herman's place, I don't think that Dawson has a clue about parenting, so she probably needs to be near some experienced parents. I hope that DCS had her take some parenting classes. Does that poor kid have a room of his own or is he going to be sleeping on that couch. I wish that Casey would hook up with that political aid of his. I think that she is a much better match for him.

I do hope that we keep Jimmy, I would miss seeing his pretty face.

• Love 2

Go away, Gabby. This character is just beyond stupid now. 

Why didn't Cindy and Herman adopt Louie, since we'll never see him again but will know Cindy is taking care of him offscreen. 

Please let Wolf's next show, Chicago Newspaper (just kidding), have its first episode revolve around how firefighters are taking care of personal business while being paid to be on shift--need to look at an apartment? Sure, go ahead. Need to get the alternate housing ready? Sure, and take the rest of the squad with you for eight hours (and what exactly did they accomplish anyway since everything the inspector looked at fell apart but not to worry, St Gabby can break all the rules and still get her way?).

Wish Casey had told political consultant that he was in live with his fiancée--Hallie. 

I only hope Severide isn't the collateral damage from crazy guy.

Tired of the Borelli brothers' story. Jimmy can go away now.

So where is Steve McQueen's Grandson (And His Abs)? Borelli just doesn't turn up at the memorial, and no one does or says anything? Some firehouse family. Or is that supposed to be the cliffhanger? At least offer the boy some counseling, Boden.

Dr. Charles makes this show better.

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

So where is Steve McQueen's Grandson (And His Abs)? Borelli just doesn't turn up at the memorial, and no one does or says anything? Some firehouse family. Or is that supposed to be the cliffhanger? At least offer the boy some counseling, Boden.

I don't really care for Borelli anymore either.  I forget, why can't he be a firefighter again?  Did he have some medical condition?  I was hoping he would take Boden's offer to replace his brother at the other station and we'd never have to see him again.

I think the cliffhanger obviously is supposed to be whether Kidd or Severide will live to see another shift.  Can't see the show getting rid of Severide as Taylor Kinney is one of the more recognizable stars now that he's married to Gaga, and Kidd can't die because Kelly already lost Shay.  Which means the junkie has to go... right???

Was kind of hoping that Casey would hook up with the political consultant.  Now all of a sudden he wants to share in raising a child with Gabby?  What a ridiculous storyline.  They never did explain how she was able to secure the adoption despite her living quarters getting some dings on the inspection, when they made it seem like everything had to be perfect.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Sandman said:

Dr. Charles makes all the Chicago shows better.

• Love 6

ER did the fostering storyline so much better. Mostly because nurse Hathaway didn't get to have the kid because of her suicide attempt. Much more realistic than this crap... What makes everybody go: "Oh Saint Gabby, you would make the best parent ever!"?!? What universe do they live in?

• Love 3

In the real world Gabby wouldn't get to foster Louie in that apartment anyway because foster kids have to have their own room or only share with one other person but have enough square footage within that room as their own space.

That looked like a studio to me.

It did look like a studio but I thought I saw a smaller bed off to the side.  It was the bed that Louie ran to and got the monkey.  That bed was smaller and it looked like it have a comforter with cartoon characters on it.

I thought I saw a smaller bed off to the side.  It was the bed that Louie ran to and got the monkey. 

And where is Louie's nanny gonna sleep while Dawson is on her 24h shift? On Gabby's bed or on a rug by the door?

• Love 1
On 5/26/2016 at 0:54 PM, Crs97 said:

Did Chris and Cindy buy a new house?  I thought they were still in the apartment after losing their home in the first season.  What did I miss?

Huh, you might be right. I guess they had a convenient move behind the scenes.

On May 18, 2016 at 1:19 PM, iMonrey said:

I knew they'd never kill Gabby but damn I was hoping against hope. I simply do not understand why these writers are so in love with her.

Maybe because the writers like Monica Raymond.  Believe it or not it is possible that writers and producers actually like a woman of color.

Then you would think they would do her the dignity of writing a realistic character with relatable goals/dreams/flaws/aspirations. When this show started, I liked Gabby because she seemed like a realistic person. Now she's the special princess, Gabby Sue, and no, it has nothing to do with her gender or her skin tone.  She's the "heart of the house" and the bestest candidate ever and the woman all the men secretly want.  She's not a person anymore, she's a pin-up.

• Love 3