Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

On 12/21/2016 at 6:50 PM, fountain said:

Man I am jealous of the cheap Texas housing.

League City isn't exactly paradise.

On 1/18/2017 at 11:44 AM, Amers said:

So their church gave them a lot of stuff, like the brand new van, right? This is a problem to me, with church. They can afford a 400 000 dollar home. 1,000 bucks in luggage for a single trip. Kids constantly decked out in expensive clothes. Brand new swing set. Expensive baby gear. New business. Vacations. Etc.etc.etc. but their church gave them a van. Blows my mind. Clearly they werent hurting to start with since theyve talked about how much they traveled and his expensive electronics. Im not saying the church shouldnt help them, but a VAN? How many orphans or widows could have used that money, rather than someone who works in oil and was courting a tv show?

I've seen only 3/4 of one episode--the New York one.  I can't get over how many times they said they were going to be on live TV.

As for the van, don't forget that the church's tax exempt status makes those of us who do pay taxes subsidizers.

• Love 2

Random thoughts:

Something about the way they say "no ma'am" to the girls bugs me.

Blayke seems to be a huge help, and I hope she doesn't resent how much they rely on her later.

I cannot believe he wanted to bring a puppy into the mix right now.

It frustrates me when he whines all the time about being the sole breadwinner. We know this is not true bc they are making money from the show (I know, fourth wall and all that), I have seen on Danielle's Facebook page that she sells high end makeup or something (can't remember the company name) and whatever happened to the spinning club/gym?

The girls are all adorable though.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, Eureka said:

Random thoughts:

Blayke seems to be a huge help, and I hope she doesn't resent how much they rely on her later.

It frustrates me when he whines all the time about being the sole breadwinner. We know this is not true bc they are making money from the show (I know, fourth wall and all that), I have seen on Danielle's Facebook page that she sells high end makeup or something (can't remember the company name) and whatever happened to the spinning club/gym?

I actually just answered my own question about the spinning. http://www.inquisitr.com/4356256/outdaughtered-news-busby-family-opens-their-rush-cycle-business/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+google%2FyDYq+(The+Inquisitr+-+News)

I remember YEARS ago, watching a certain show about 8 kids, and being taken aback by the parent’s interactions. I stayed with that show for 2 years, thinking that surely, surely, a parent isn’t that messed up to the point of bullying and criticizing a spouse in front of millions of viewers. When I realized this was the real interaction, and in fact was probably edited to reflect the nicer scenes, I couldn’t stomach it. My anxiety would go through the roof, just from watching it. How sad it that?

Anyhow, I like this couple and I love that Danielle is not uptight that her dog eats the leftovers, that she uses one spoon, that she makes sure she gets some alone time at the gym. I like that she and Adam equally snap at each other, and appreciate that their emotions were all over, and they don’t hold a grudge or resent each other.

As for Mimi – she’s moving for the money. I think she wants to be on the show and can’t be if she lives in a different city. I am a teacher, so I don’t know how she would lose her job, not find another etc. UNLESS, as someone pointed out – she worked in a private, religious school. You do not need a degree, you just need to show that you can teach the curriculum and be respectful. Unfortunately, the government school program doesn’t care – they need accreditation. (And rightfully so, I would want my children being taught by someone who wouldn’t put in the effort to garner enough education to teach my child.)

Overall, I like this family and I will keep watching until they jump the Gosling shark ;)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

As for Mimi – she’s moving for the money. I think she wants to be on the show and can’t be if she lives in a different city. I am a teacher, so I don’t know how she would lose her job, not find another etc. UNLESS, as someone pointed out – she worked in a private, religious school. You do not need a degree, you just need to show that you can teach the curriculum and be respectful. Unfortunately, the government school program doesn’t care – they need accreditation. (And rightfully so, I would want my children being taught by someone who wouldn’t put in the effort to garner enough education to teach my child.)

by the time my offspring was going into middle school, many of the religious and private-independent schools in my area were requiring teachers to become fully licensed. It is a selling point with the parents. That had to be at least 15 yrs ago. I think most had AA degrees to start. then yes, after a few long semesters, summers and years, some became fully licensed. If Mimi could find one institution that would let her lead a classroom without credentials, I'm sure she could find another being in a larger city. Or in larger public systems, they do have other jobs (like in the main office) that do not require a license, that she could start put with, using her famous line "I like being around kids". As in most professions, and Mimi had 25 years in, requirements do change and if you don't keep up with the latest basic entrances to a job/profession, it can be hard to find the next. Surely in all that time, Mimi probably saw her counterparts get the necessary training.

• Love 1

Danielle makes life so much more difficult for herself. I had twins and a singleton all under 3yo.  First, you contain kids to certain areas, so your messes are smaller and quicker to clean.  You prevent cabinets, drawers and doors from opening. You keep food and drinks contained. All messy eats are in high chairs. You never let a 7yo do a giant messy Valentine craft project with 5 babies!  I think she needs more routine and the babies are old enough to teach house rules. I get anxiety watching this chaos!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

by the time my offspring was going into middle school, many of the religious and private-independent schools in my area were requiring teachers to become fully licensed. It is a selling point with the parents. That had to be at least 15 yrs ago. I think most had AA degrees to start. then yes, after a few long semesters, summers and years, some became fully licensed. If Mimi could find one institution that would let her lead a classroom without credentials, I'm sure she could find another being in a larger city. Or in larger public systems, they do have other jobs (like in the main office) that do not require a license, that she could start put with, using her famous line "I like being around kids". As in most professions, and Mimi had 25 years in, requirements do change and if you don't keep up with the latest basic entrances to a job/profession, it can be hard to find the next. Surely in all that time, Mimi probably saw her counterparts get the necessary training.

Well, that is not the case here. Many of the teachers have the basic 2 years and practicum under their belts, but without the degree. The schools can justify paying them so poorly that way.  (Unless you're discussing the wealthy private schools - they require a lot of education).Often hiring is linked to the extracurricular activities one will take on, rather then education. Parents are rarely (if ever) given a dossier on what education what teacher has received. Teachers receive professional development every year so I am pretty sure Mimi did too .It's required of us, hence working all those PD days into the school calendar. I don't think she wants to teach anymore, but isn't coming out and saying that. And we don't even know what position she held, she's secretive. Very odd.

On January 18, 2017 at 3:33 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

I admit that the accents wear on me, but otherwise they all seem fine.

I cannot handle how many times they drawl out y'all. It just sounds bad. Mind you, so does the "is cauliflower a vegetable?" looks at Danielle and she shrugs. Seriously?

It isn't really clear if they have daily help coming to the house like it was in John and Kate.

You can see the stress building some now as the girls are older and harder to manage. I find that part most interesting as it would be stressful to have so many kids and always acting like it is sunshine and roses made them less relatable and real.  

I like that the show is still in the stage where Adam works.  Once the shows become the main source of income I lose interest.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Chalby said:

As for Mimi – she’s moving for the money. I think she wants to be on the show and can’t be if she lives in a different city. I am a teacher, so I don’t know how she would lose her job, not find another etc.

I teach in Alabama. If Louisiana retirement is the same as it is here you can draw retirement after 25 years service. I know they kept saying Mimi had 24 years, but I wonder if it was actually 25 and she's drawing Louisiana retirement while looking for a job in Texas (we have a ton of people who "double dip") and the whole "Mimi needs a job" is a manufactured story for the show. 

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, fountain said:

You can see the stress building some now as the girls are older and harder to manage. I find that part most interesting as it would be stressful to have so many kids and always acting like it is sunshine and roses made them less relatable and real.  

I like that the show is still in the stage where Adam works.  Once the shows become the main source of income I lose interest.

Maybe he'll be smart and never quit his day job? One can hope. 

I do agree that it's more relatable to see Danielle stressed a bit. But I do think she is just a laid back person by nature. A certain other mom of multiples was the definition of Type-A, controlling behavior. Danielle just has a much more go-with-the-flow style. But, sure, even she can get rankled sometimes. 

I just love the quints. Hazel is a cutie, but Olivia is my homegirl. They're all so cute!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CalicoskiesNC said:

Danielle makes life so much more difficult for herself. I had twins and a singleton all under 3yo.  First, you contain kids to certain areas, so your messes are smaller and quicker to clean.  You prevent cabinets, drawers and doors from opening. You keep food and drinks contained. All messy eats are in high chairs. You never let a 7yo do a giant messy Valentine craft project with 5 babies!  I think she needs more routine and the babies are old enough to teach house rules. I get anxiety watching this chaos!

Yeah...why would she even let them have access to paint at that point?

• Love 1
On 1/19/2017 at 4:33 PM, riverblue22 said:

I like the way Danielle mothers too.  I like how she uses one spoon for all of the kids and how she dumps food on the highchair trays.  I would be OCD and have five sets of dishes and five spoons and run back and forth between kids and drive us all crazy.  Her way is much better IMO.

I think I might be a germaphobe.  Sorry if this sounds sanctimommyous but I find this pretty gross.  Outside of kisses where it's unavoidable, encouraging sharing another person's saliva is.....{[slowheadshake}}.    Otherwise, I like Danielle's overall anti-anxiety style.   I just started watching this series so this will probably sound naive if I find out she has help around the house but that place stays clean.  It's a bunch cleaner than I was worried about keeping my house and I only ever had one.   I mean with 6 kids I sort of expected to see lil Welch's grape handprints everywhere.   Giggling @CalicoskiesNC - she needs to corral the littles all in one area.   Amatuer! Lol!  

11 hours ago, Eureka said:

Random thoughts:

::whispers:: ok, I giggle every time they do this.  Either it's the way "may-um" becomes a two syllable word or the way a term that's usually adult and meant to connote respect has taken on this stern disciplinary meaning.  Like I look at the baby's faces and even though neither parent raises their voice, when they hear a no ma'am, they know what's up. 

When he was consoling Blake over her sadness about (I forgot their doggy's name) it was almost like he was amping her up to help him campaign mom for another puppy.  I think all Danielle said was I'll be the one picking up after him.   She's a much better woman than I, all I could think was I've got 6 kids under 6 and you're not home 11 hours a day, eff. off.  

They're going to have plenty of talks with the principal over Riley lol.  

Hazel is my boo, she seems as though nothing really bothers her.   When Adam starts articulating his fears about her surgery I'm equally touched by how clearly emotional he is about his daughters and annoyed at how he takes off running with the possibility of steps 2-10.   Hear him tell it she'll be Helen Keller by the time it's over.   Of course it's concerning, but damn, breathe boy. 

I thought I'd find out by reading here why Mimi is incapable of supporting herself.   Still a mystery.  Not that I think anything's wrong with her living with them, if she wants to and if she's a help.  I know if were still young enough to be a glammaw, I'm not sure I'd want the second stage of my life to include having to pinch hit full time mom all over again. 

Last night's episode was just so typical husband/wife miscommunication or to Danielle's point, non communication.   He:  you're pissed because I'm late when you know I can't be the one to bail at work.   She:  I'm pissed because you didn't call when you knew you were gonna be late.    I just shook my head at how many times this argument has played verbatim in my house.

I missed their backstory, are they an IVF family?   And as much as multiples have been on the rise, it actually kind of shocked me that this is the first time quints have been all girls.   

eta:  I just read an article on them, it said that Hazel and Parker are identical.

Rush Cycle in League City is just opened so will this be the big money maker that will propel the Busbys into wealth once franchises are sold all around the world?

The spin gym money plus TLC money means that Adam can quit his job and stay home with Danielle to enjoy raising their kids.

Adam, keep your day job...TLC fame can be fleeting.

Once again the show focused on too much adult drama and not enough kid cuteness.

My cold dark heart cracks for Hazel and her continued eye problems.

She is the under dog and will always root for her.

• Love 6

What bothers me about these people are, if you follow their Instagram, they are always out on date night. They are always spending money, doing fun things, constantly TOGETHER. So, when their main story line is not seeing each other, not spending time together, and money word, when you can easily go look at his Instagram and see they have weekly or more date nights and are constantly out partying without their kids...its annoying. 

They live a high dollar life style, but complain on tv about money. It's like Jill Duggar begging fans for $48,000 to spend 3 months in Central America. It's a scam. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

It seems like Hazel is wrapped around Adam's little finger more than the others. I hope he reigns in that preference as they become more aware.

And I agree, they seem to have had plenty of money since day one. 

And another thing, do these women (Danielle and her sisters) ever wear anything that's not a workout outfit? (Yes, we have seen her in a couple other outfits, but even just being around the house all day, the skintight leggings don't look comfy to me).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

eta:  I just read an article on them, it said that Hazel and Parker are identical.

I thought it was Ava and Olivia who were identical? (Although, I like to think I can actually tell them apart.) I don't think Hazel could be mistaken for any of them. 

I missed their backstory, are they an IVF family?

IUI. 

17 minutes ago, Eureka said:

It seems like Hazel is wrapped around Adam's little finger more than the others. I hope he reigns in that preference as they become more aware.

I think this could be kind of natural when you have a child with special needs/medical problems/etc. You tend to overcompensate by showing them a lot more attention. But yea, I hope they are both aware of it and try to make sure the other girls feel special too. 

18 minutes ago, Eureka said:

And another thing, do these women (Danielle and her sisters) ever wear anything that's not a workout outfit? (Yes, we have seen her in a couple other outfits, but even just being around the house all day, the skintight leggings don't look comfy to me).

Oh man, it probably depends on the brand, but leggings are SO comfortable. I got sent 3 pairs by a market research company last summer and they completely changed my life. Even after the study was over, I kept wearing them. Got some longer ones for winter as well. They're so moveable and I feel a lot more comfy around the house. 

• Love 2

I just read an article on them, it said that Hazel and Parker are identical.

It's Ava and Olivia.  Hazel is the only redhead.

22 minutes ago, Eureka said:

Clearly, Blayke and Hazel are Adam's favorites.  Hopefully, as the kids grow older, he won't make it so obvious. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I thought it was Ava and Olivia who were identical? (Although, I like to think I can actually tell them apart.) I don't think Hazel could be mistaken for any of them. 

I didn't know any of them were identical, but:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3151998/Back-Five-months-giving-birth-American-girl-quintuplets-mother-takes-final-baby-home.html

"Despite all sharing the same womb, only two of the girls -  Parker Kate and Hazel Grace - are identical twins, having come from the same egg which divided to form two embryos."

Also don't know anything about the dailymail, maybe they got it wrong. 

Just now, Adeejay said:

It's Ava and Olivia.  Hazel is the only redhead.

lol, yeah I watch, but I got the quote out of an article.   Damned internet.

• Love 1

I wonder if Riley is a little sociopath... She attacks one of her sisters and gets in trouble and just stands there with a blank look on her face. She doesn't cry at all. Later, she's put in time-out and it takes her awhile to cry then too, even though she has been in time-out before and knows it's no fun. The real reason she finally cried is because she tried to sneak out and was put back in time-out without the toy she wanted to play with. When she gets a little older, Danielle and whats-his-face should get her checked out by a psychologist.

Speaking of whats-his-face, I'm not too fond of him. He seems a bit too narcissistic to be a good husband to Danielle. I do think he cares about the girls, but he needs to contribute more to Danielle's well-being. She's there all day in a huge baby mess and she needs more support than he gives her. He just sits there looking all mournful with those big buggy eyes and tells her a bunch of meaningless platitudes. It's a good thing that Danielle is pretty laid back. If she were more high-maintenance, she'd kick him to the curb.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

lol, yeah I watch, but I got the quote out of an article.   Damned internet.

Yea, I think the DM is wrong on this one. Hazel doesn't look like any of them. 

30 minutes ago, Dominii said:

I wonder if Riley is a little sociopath... She attacks one of her sisters and gets in trouble and just stands there with a blank look on her face. She doesn't cry at all. Later, she's put in time-out and it takes her awhile to cry then too, even though she has been in time-out before and knows it's no fun. The real reason she finally cried is because she tried to sneak out and was put back in time-out without the toy she wanted to play with. When she gets a little older, Danielle and whats-his-face should get her checked out by a psychologist.

Wow, I think that's a bit extreme. She's only one. All kids have different temperaments. Just because she isn't as outwardly emotional as some of the others I wouldn't brand her as a sociopath. Sibling relationships are complicated. My kids have been known to hit each other and laugh. 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I think the DM is wrong on this one. Hazel doesn't look like any of them. 

Wow, I think that's a bit extreme. She's only one. All kids have different temperaments. Just because she isn't as outwardly emotional as some of the others I wouldn't brand her as a sociopath. Sibling relationships are complicated. My kids have been known to hit each other and laugh. 

It might be an alarming word to use because she's a baby, but I said I thought they were gonna get regular calls from school about Riley, for what may be similar reasoning.  All babies boundary test and do cute and cheeky stuff.  Some of it's cute because it's cheeky.   But baby scuffles typically happen as a result of something, an emotion, a reaction, striking out instead of verbalizing.   But there's almost always a catalyst.  Riley's a little different lol.  She's the catalyst.  Her father described her as a shit stirrer (paraphrasing) then they showed a couple scenes where it seems she did start some unsolicited shit - most often with Olivia.   I dunno girl, the expression on her face in a couple of those shots looked like she was getting a kick out of provoking (somebody's) reaction and her parents have acknowledged she can be antagonistic.  Maybe it's just attention seeking.  It does sound mean to think of a child this way but all sociopaths were kids once.   When she did her nightly milk spilling ritual and Danielle talked about her temperament, I laughed because her description matched the tagline for:

I mean she did help clean up after her time out so there's that, I guess. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2017 at 1:55 PM, Dominii said:

Do you even know the definition of sociopath? Her behavior as shown on this episode seems well within the norm for a 21-month-old.  Toddlers do stupid things all the time, like intentionally spill milk just to see what happens again and again, or hit other kids.  And why would it be considered normal for a kid to cry the instant they are sent to time-out? It looked like she didn't realize it was a punishment until the toy was taken away.  

Also, I'd be more concerned if she did NOT have a blank expression on her face after hitting her sister, like if she giggled maniacally. I'm not sure what reaction you would expect her to have.  She obviously hasn't yet learned that hitting isn't the optimum way to settle disputes or to express frustration. She didn't see anything wrong with it, hence the blank expression.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Amers said:

What bothers me about these people are, if you follow their Instagram, they are always out on date night. They are always spending money, doing fun things, constantly TOGETHER. So, when their main story line is not seeing each other, not spending time together, and money word, when you can easily go look at his Instagram and see they have weekly or more date nights and are constantly out partying without their kids...its annoying. 

They live a high dollar life style, but complain on tv about money. It's like Jill Duggar begging fans for $48,000 to spend 3 months in Central America. It's a scam. 

Really?  I checked back for months on these three Instagram accounts:  @itsabuzzworld @dbusby @adambuzz  and saw maybe three total incidences of "date night" since January.   I don't see them living much of a "high dollar life style."  This is the first season I've watched, and maybe I'm missing something, but based on realtor.com comparisons, their house was maybe $275-300K.  That's pretty modest.  

And, look, it's their job to create an entertaining show and to market themselves and their family. No one is going to watch OutDaughtered if they just stay home all day or walk to the neighborhood park. Going to the trampoline place or sharing their date night photos makes them and the  the show more interesting, gets more viewers, gets it renewed for more seasons, and ultimately makes them more money.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Eureka said:

Yeah...why would she even let them have access to paint at that point?

Because it looks good on TV?  Just a guess.  This might have been a suggestion from a producer as a way to amplify and illustrate just how messy five toddlers can be.

On 7/4/2017 at 7:13 PM, humbleopinion said:

League City is closer to the oil refineries.

Adam and his BILs work in the oil biz.

Texas has no state tax and homes/mini mansions can be priced on Zillow so you can compare to your local area.

Danielle is very much like Kate when it comes to hair brained ideas like shipping cribs and all their needs... but TLC/GMA will do it for the talent.

I am expecting the show to be less charming this season with more producer driven staging, bad acting by the adults and exploitation of the girls.

OR, TLC wanted them to be shown shipping cribs because it adds to the drama of how crazy life with five babies are.  Don't underestimate the role of producer-manufactured drama in this, and every other, reality show.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Really?  I checked back for months on these three Instagram accounts:  @itsabuzzworld @dbusby @adambuzz  and saw maybe three total incidences of "date night" since January.   I don't see them living much of a "high dollar life style."  This is the first season I've watched, and maybe I'm missing something, but based on realtor.com comparisons, their house was maybe $275-300K.  That's pretty modest.  

And, look, it's their job to create an entertaining show and to market themselves and their family. No one is going to watch OutDaughtered if they just stay home all day or walk to the neighborhood park. Going to the trampoline place or sharing their date night photos makes them and the  the show more interesting, gets more viewers, gets it renewed for more seasons, and ultimately makes them more money.

I saw 5 in the month of June alone on just dbusby. And they said on their show the house was $450,00 and he said they couldn't afford it but she had to have it. Those clothes the kids wear aren't cheap at all, but time 6? They wear mainly Matilda Jane. That crap is $50+ an outfit. 

I mean, do what you want and good for you, but don't go on tv acting like a victim when it's called REALITY tv. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I don't think they act like victims. I think they're asked to talk about the expense of raising 6 girls, because TPTB assume that is always on of the fascinating topics for viewers of multiples shows. MMV, but I never got a vibe like they're all, "woe is me", just that they're relaying the facts. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Amers said:

I saw 5 in the month of June alone on just dbusby. And they said on their show the house was $450,00 and he said they couldn't afford it but she had to have it. Those clothes the kids wear aren't cheap at all, but time 6? They wear mainly Matilda Jane. That crap is $50+ an outfit. 

I mean, do what you want and good for you, but don't go on tv acting like a victim when it's called REALITY tv. 

According to tax records they paid $380k. It's a lot, but I don't think it's that much, especially for a family of 8. I'll be honest, as someone who lives in the area their lifestyle seems very middle class normal to me. I think that people underestimate how cheap the cost of living is in Texas, plus sponsored products (clothing!) and money from the show.

• Love 1

I thought it was Ava and Olivia who were identical?

On the show last night as they introduced the girls they stated it was Ava and Olivia who were identical. 

Talking about Riley hitting her sister, the sister happened to be Hazel.  I do think the quints have caught on that Hazel is the most babied and that Adam gives her the most attention.  I've watched videos they've posted on YouTube and it seems like the other quints don't like playing with her and when she doesn't get her way about something she will scream bloody murder and throw a temper tantrum.   

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Amers said:

I saw two:  June 28 and June 25.  June 11 looked like a night out as well but was not called "date night" and we don't know the details of this or any of the other nights out, like where they went, how much it cost, who was babysitting, etc.  

In any case, since when is a date night the exclusive domain of the wealthy?  And Adam never said they were poor or ready for public assistance. He said he felt pressure to work hard because he's the sole breadwinner for a family of 8.  I don't think they are pretending to have less money than they do or are acting like victims.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 5

Hazel does seem to be a bit delayed and not as advanced physically as her sisters (I have no idea about her mental development and some of it could be due to her eye issues).  I can see the girls preferring to play with sisters who are able to keep up, leaving poor Hazel in the dust.  

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

IUI. 

I think this could be kind of natural when you have a child with special needs/medical problems/etc. You tend to overcompensate by showing them a lot more attention. But yea, I hope they are both aware of it and try to make sure the other girls feel special too. 

Oh man, it probably depends on the brand, but leggings are SO comfortable. I got sent 3 pairs by a market research company last summer and they completely changed my life. Even after the study was over, I kept wearing them. Got some longer ones for winter as well. They're so moveable and I feel a lot more comfy around the house.

I live in leggings.  Crop length in the Summer, and fully length with leg warmers in the Winter.  So comfortable.

• Love 3
(edited)

The Dad's hair is too perfect. 

The sight of five babies being rocked to sleep in identical high tech baby rockers that look like hybrids of dentist chairs and the girl robot from WALL-E. Weirdest thing I've seen all week. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

The Dad's hair is too perfect. 

Hey. He works hard on that hair.

LOL. They've shown his morning routine with his hair. Heaven help the person who touches his hair products. I bet he could get 30 minutes more sleep if he would cut out the primping in the morning.

• Love 1

Mimi used/touched his hair dryer and all hell was to be paid.

Probably producer driven drama.

Adam is too precious for his own good...but seems he has always been that way...but now his vanity is on display for millions to see.

That is never good...

• Love 3

On Adams instagram account he identifies himself as public figure and star of TLC hit show Outdaughtered .   I'm thinking the babies are the stars, that's why I watch the show.  I don't think anyone is sitting around saying " can't wait to see what's going on  with Adam this week. ?

• Love 10
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, Whyyouneedaname said:

not when you can throw Uncle Dale into the mix, he's hilarious :) I really like the closeness of the family, they all seem to pitch in and help.

I like Dale. He tells it like it is. the voice of reason. was it his house that Mini moved into after last season ended?

Danielle and her sisters had a 'heart-to-heart" with Mimi and said it would be best if Mimi move away from the "six kids" and move in with one of other twin daughters. I can't wait to hear the status report of how that stay went.

(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, humbleopinion said:

The spin gym money plus TLC money means that Adam can quit his job and stay home with Danielle to enjoy raising their kids.

Adam, keep your day job...TLC fame can be fleeting 

TLC will flee when the quints   are in school all-day (too hard to film) and/or as not as "adorable"... OR when another couple in the US has a set of quints (or more).

Anyone remember the TLC show "Quints By Surprise"  ( link ) . 3 seasons and a couple of specials.

Danielle might want to keep her resume handy as well - I forgot what her job/profession was before pregnancy.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1

One of the twins bought a house and Mimi will live there, paying rent from her new teaching job. It was discussed at trampoline place then Danielle took kids to the house as their daily outing. Im impressed she gets them out daily. I can't summon the energy to take my oldest grandson out when I have him. (I'm now Nonna to 2, new grandson born June 12th). 

I'm in love with Hazel Grace. Adam admits Riley gets her fire from him. I say no sir to my grandson all the time. He knows what's up when sir comes out. No need for middle names, which is good, I still go through my son's name and late dogs name before I get to his. Baby is even harider to remember. No sir is easier. 

• Love 7
(edited)

what is with Danielle ??? fighting the attempt to start potty training ? this isn't her first time at the rodeo training a child to use the toilet. One day has to be day 1 of a journey. And I would think that fancy school she is sending the girls too would also assist with the training - they have to. Take them to the potty every so often.

My tv froze for a couple of min - what kind of store was that they bought training toilets from - that they had to get  on the xway to get to ?  Hair bows and toilets in the same aisle?

People do travel to see a specialist - esp. if you feel comfortable , have a relationship, the ins. works, and facing the possibility of multiple surgeries.. Hazel eye condition seem very highly specialized, and she is too young to speak for herself.  Not sure how far Dallas is from where they are.

Danielle seems to resent Adam for wanting to work hard/later/extra/over to support his family.  The man has 2 mortgages, trying to start a side business ( ie outside of his normal profession), and does seem to really want to financially provide for the family. That is a blessing and he IS under a lot of stress. It sounds like his job is a little commission based and its definitely not a 9-5. In the business world and you are trying to get established, valentines day doesn't mean a damn thing.  Valentines just might have to be held on 2/15, 2/17, 2/10, 3/5, etc. Its the time and love you show towards each other - not the actual day.  Danielle needs to speak to women who, like her, might had to spend the first few years with toddlers, feeling like a single parent, while hubby's career was trying took off. Find a couple of HS students to help with the "witching" hour.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
(edited)

I missed the show last night and it's not showing up yet on the TLC app. Anyone know when they upload the latest episodes? All I see is the season premiere.

Never mind, it's up now.

Edited by Eureka

I find myself getting annoyed at Adam and thinking how he would deal with it if they had any major issues, I mean they were pretty early, they are lucky the girls are as "Normal" as they are..seems like one of the other quint shows 2 or more of them had CP, I understand he feels a lot of stress but it could be SO much worse then Hazel needing glasses...

• Love 7

Adam is an ingrate.  He should be grateful that all their girls are healthy, for the most part.  Parents of terminally ill children would give their right arm to hear that the only thing their child needs is a pair of glasses!  

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Adam is an ingrate.  He should be grateful that all their girls are healthy, for the most part.  Parents of terminally ill children would give their right arm to hear that the only thing their child needs is a pair of glasses!  

This!!! I have 2 kids with major health issues...would love their "problems"!

• Love 2

I agree that Adam is too high strung about Hazel's health.  He should have been so relieved that, at least for now, glasses are all she needs.  Talk to me when you newborn needs open heart surgery, Adam.  In his defense, though, I think he really wants to be a good dad and provide for his large family.  He is under a lot of stress and I have felt all along that he might be dealing with depression.  I think he might also be realizing that Hazel has other developmental delays (I don't know if she does or not, but I think it's certainly a possibility).

What in the world is wrong with Danielle?  Did she think one day would be all it takes to potty train 5 girls?  They're especially not going to be interested in taking time out to use the potty when there is so much playing to be done outside.  They are not all going to be ready at the same time.  If one of them is ready, work with her.  Getting one trained will be an incentive for the others.  It's a l-o-n-g process.  (And for heaven's sake, go get the potty chairs at Target or Walmart, and don't take all of the babies with you.)

• Love 8