Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Where The Collapse Started

• Start Topic

The team responds to a building collapse that's trapped more than a dozen people. Dawson's quest to foster Louie is aided by a familiar face. Otis, who's on medical leave, meets his temporary replacement. Severide and Kidd continue to see each other. Casey is at odds with Antonio.

I like Dawson, I really do. That being said, are they really going to just hand over Louie because she read him a bedtime story? As for her relationship with Casey, that ship has hit every iceberg possible and has sunk even lower than the Titanic, so let's move on. I swear Kelly sleeps with anything with oxygen, I'm surprised he hasn't picked up any flees. I feel bad for Borelli but understand Boden not wanting to risk his men. Hopefully next season won't be the Dawson, Cash, Severide show and other characters get episodes that's all about them.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Anyone find the episode title sort of meta, talking about the show as a whole? Just me? Okay.

It'll be the new "jumped the shark". "Oh, yeah, that's where the collapse started."

The minute we saw LoserBrother at the fire, I knew it was him. They keep teasing me with the notion of Gabby dying and I don't know if I can take the continued teasing. If she's not dead next episode, I can't watch next season. I just give up with her Gabbiness. #FREECASEY! #FREECASEY! She loses her damn mind and it's Casey's fault he doesn't folie à deux along with her? Shut up, Antonio. And shut up, Boden, with the "maybe you became an alderman to pull strings for your girlfriend's stupid ideas!". Sure, let her ruin a crack baby's already-traumatized life. GAH! 

• Love 9

I don't mind Gabby getting the cute kid now (since it looks like she has been taking appropriate steps and so on), but I am really uncomfortable with Antonio's and Boden's attitude to Casey about it.  Casey had perfectly valid reasons for not being on board with this idea to begin with, and since then, she's been shutting him out and deciding to do this on her own.  Why is Casey on the hook for Gabby's decision?

I'm half afraid that Gabby will nearly die next episode, causing Casey to realize how big a "mistake" he's made in not enthusiastically embracing everything she wants.  

• Love 7

Way to go, guys.  Yank those passengers right out of that car without doing any kind of evaluation for back or neck injury.

I can see this storyline now.  Louis is allowed free time at the station, and the crew adopts him as their mascot.  Zany hi-jinks ensue all next season.

Since Otis isn't really the character's first name (it's Brian), will Ferguson become the new Otis?

That wasn't a bunch of high priced attorneys in that building, was it?  I didn't recognize anyone.

• Love 1

I can see this storyline now.  Louis is allowed free time at the station, and the crew adopts him as their mascot.  Zany hi-jinks ensue all next season

Since Otis isn't really the character's first name (it's Brian), will Ferguson become the new Otis?

Pouch is gone so Louis can be the new firehouse pet: let's called him Louch.

I think Ferguson was just a hired prank....but, man, did he tick off all the boxes for hot calendar-ready firefighter.

• Love 1

Wasn't it only a couple of weeks ago that Boden reprimanded Brett for just checking on a patient she saved?  Where was the outrage against Gabby refusing to let go of a call?  When he was talking with Casey, hubby thought he convinced Casey to get Louis fostered out so that Gabby couldn't foster him.  That might have been more interesting.  Now I am holding out for both - he got her the meeting, but also insured she couldn't have him.  Too bad the other family didn't work out.

Show, stop teasing me about her dying.  As if we would be so lucky.

Antonio just showed that being insufferable must be a genetic condition.  I just wish Casey had shut him down harder.

• Love 4

Yeah, 20 minutes in this episode and I decided to drop out for good. Enough of the Gabby show. I like Chicago PD a lot and prefer the characters from there not catching the stupid going on here. Run Casey, run!

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm at the point where I like Med and PD so much more than this show because the stories on those shows are balanced. I hate that especially Gabby and Severide have gotten over Shay's death so easily that they hardly ever mention her. It's also tiring to see Gabby be the special snowflake and as others have mentioned this Molly's Bar sub-plot is ridiculous because they never have made it clear how the bar stays open when they are all at work.

Also, when Otis said he was there to pick up his check...totally unrealistic because every Chicago city employee has their checks direct deposited.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 2

Ugh, this show!! First, if Otis is on medical leave from the firehouse, does that mean he's on leave from working at Molly's too? Second, DCFS doesn't mind Gabby hanging around all day to get a meeting? Shouldn't she be at work? And if Louie is going to be "difficult", with everyone except Gabby apparently, how is she going to find someone to take care of him while she's at the firehouse and at Molly's?  Third, when they went into the building, how come none of the minor injured people got up until the firefighters came in and told them it was ok to go? They were conscious and walked out just fine so I thought that was odd. Finally, you're trying to tell me that Jimmy decides to run in to save his brother and NOBODY chases him and grabs him before he gets to the door? Everyone was just standing around, they could have easily caught him before he went inside.

I wish more of the firefighters would be verbally disgusted/pissed at the scumbag parents with kids scenes besides Hermann.  I know he's the only one that's married with kids besides the chief, but still...

• Love 2

The martyrdom of Saint Gabby has gotten ridiculous when both Antonio and Boden are brow-beating Casey for not supporting Gabby's latest impulse. Do the writers not realize that because they change their minds so often about what and who they want Gabby to be, it makes her look like a total flake? First she wants to be a doctor, then she wants to be a fireman, then she wants to marry Casey, then she doesn't want to marry Casey. She may not technically have ADD but it's certain this gal loses interest in things very quickly. Who's to say by this time next year she won't get another bug up her ass and decide she wants to move to Africa and build houses for the impoverished, and she'll have to dump the kid off with someone else? Somebody in social services needs to take a long, hard look at her track record.

I don't know why everyone is running around singing her praises when they should be saying "Uh, yeah - she changes her aspirations about as frequently as Severide changes bed partners. Give her a week and she'll forget all about this kid."

And I'm getting more and more irritated with Stella, too. Everyone is acting like she's been there as long as everyone else. It's one thing for Herrmann and Mouch to stand there busting Otis' balls about being replaced but she was joining right in, as if she has the same history with Otis and it was the most natural thing in the world for her to join in on screwing with him. What nerve.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know why everyone is running around singing her praises when they should be saying "Uh, yeah - she changes her aspirations about as frequently as Severide changes bed partners. Give her a week and she'll forget all about this kid."

Casey wasn't at first and then everyone crawled up his ass about it until he gave in. I was really hoping he'd hold out and tell her to go pound sand. He needs to reclaim his balls from Saint Gabby; maybe that's how they'll show the moment of her fiery death - Casey suddenly stands taller and grows a beard in seconds as his testicles return home....

1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

Ugh, this show!! First, if Otis is on medical leave from the firehouse, does that mean he's on leave from working at Molly's too?

A medical condition that keeps him from being able to fire-fight for a while may not preclude him from working a different kind of job. The only time that might be an issue is if he were to try to apply for Disability when he can still work, just not as a firefighter.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

I was really hoping he'd hold out and tell her to go pound sand. He needs to reclaim his balls from Saint Gabby; maybe that's how they'll show the moment of her fiery death - Casey suddenly stands taller and grows a beard in seconds as his testicles return home....

Thanks for the water shooting out of my nose here. This is too damned funny. And sadly true.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Yeah, 20 minutes in this episode and I decided to drop out for good. Enough of the Gabby show. I like Chicago PD a lot and prefer the characters from there not catching the stupid going on here. Run Casey, run!

They are handing out stupid pills over at PD like candy at the moment....although to be fair Burgess seems to have stolen the lot.

As for Gabby....it's easier just to roll my eyes.

22 hours ago, squidprincess said:

I don't mind Gabby getting the cute kid now (since it looks like she has been taking appropriate steps and so on), but I am really uncomfortable with Antonio's and Boden's attitude to Casey about it.  Casey had perfectly valid reasons for not being on board with this idea to begin with, and since then, she's been shutting him out and deciding to do this on her own.  Why is Casey on the hook for Gabby's decision?

I'm half afraid that Gabby will nearly die next episode, causing Casey to realize how big a "mistake" he's made in not enthusiastically embracing everything she wants.  

She already nearly died with the ectopic pregnancy. Gabby's not dying. But yeah, her almost dying sure might be the Golden [do everything Gabby wants] ticket.

I'm annoyed Casey didn't tell Antonio to mind his broken marriage ass business, especially when Gabby said 2 days ago she liked them how they were. How that equates to her fostering an uber adorable crack baby, I have no clue.

8 hours ago, juliet73 said:

Ugh, this show!! First, if Otis is on medical leave from the firehouse, does that mean he's on leave from working at Molly's too? Second, DCFS doesn't mind Gabby hanging around all day to get a meeting? Shouldn't she be at work? And if Louie is going to be "difficult", with everyone except Gabby apparently, how is she going to find someone to take care of him while she's at the firehouse and at Molly's?  Third, when they went into the building, how come none of the minor injured people got up until the firefighters came in and told them it was ok to go? They were conscious and walked out just fine so I thought that was odd. Finally, you're trying to tell me that Jimmy decides to run in to save his brother and NOBODY chases him and grabs him before he gets to the door? Everyone was just standing around, they could have easily caught him before he went inside.

I wish more of the firefighters would be verbally disgusted/pissed at the scumbag parents with kids scenes besides Hermann.  I know he's the only one that's married with kids besides the chief, but still...

I'm as appalled as you are. Especially considering this is the firehouse of Save Cats and Paperwork. How didn't any of them think, oh hey, Borelli's still in there and guess who's outside? Borelli's brother.  OF COURSE HE WOULD RUN IN. THEY ALWAYS RUN IN.  He happened to have the most valid reason of any of them yet.

• Love 3

EW does such great work almost every week. It is amazing how he can say so much with so little words.

If Gabby is supposedly so tight with her brother, wouldn't she have told him that Casey proposed and that she turned him down. When St, Gabby gets custody of that kid, I would love it if she took a year or two furlough to bond with the kid off screen.

I may be nutz but I want a scene when Stella's ex. is outside her window shouting Stella, Stella, ala Brando

• Love 1

Go away, Gabby.

Gabby and Britt looked like they could fly away on those ginormous stencilled Groucho eyebrows in the scene where Gabby told her she got a meeting with DCFS. Wow they look like big wings. They were toned fown for Molly's. 

So glad Casey ran for alderman so he can pull strings and help his friends--masks for the house, meetings for Gabby. Really disillusioning that he is just like the previous alderman re his own interests.

Jimmy is like a little doll--so cute, such a little face with big pretty features. I told Mr MML to send only Cruz, Casey, or Kelly in when I need a firefighter.  

Little girl driving drunk parents story line sure stopped cold. I would love it if Gabby's new foster arrives and it's not sweet little Louis but a tweener like her, who hits the sauce herself, perhaps. Double dare you, Show.

Why didn't DCFS bring up the hundreds of other kids in their system when Gabby found out Louie was placed? Oh, wait, she only cares about one particular kid and Gabby's going to get what Gabby wants. 

I aslo was annoyed all the people in the collapsing building apparently just stood there waiting to be rescued, not having enough sense to find the fucking door they went in and out of very single day. 

• Love 5

First she wants to be a doctor, then she wants to be a fireman, then she wants to marry Casey, then she doesn't want to marry Casey.

Next up, she decides Casey isn't doing enough as alderman and decides to get into politics.  She runs against him for his own seat.  Of course, Boden lets both of them run campaigns out of the station.

I aslo was annoyed all the people in the collapsing building apparently just stood there waiting to be rescued, not having enough sense to find the fucking door they went in and out of very single day. 

I found that to be very annoying.  It wasn't a dramatic scene it was stupid.  Those employees would have been panicked not standing waiting to be led out the door.

It's also tiring to see Gabby be the special snowflake ...

Still haven't figured out what make she so damn special!!

I swear Kelly sleeps with anything with oxygen ....

That's funny as hell and so very true.