Type keyword(s) to search

Snark Talk: Home, Home on the (De) Ranged

• Start Topic

Killers of the flower moon movie shooting in Osage county. The plot is a true story of white men marrying Indian women, then killing them for their money and land. The Osage became rich because of oil found on their land. I wonder how much of the Drummond ranch is stolen? I will have to see this movie when it comes out. I wonder if it will be in the local theaters in Osage county? Does anyone know what is happening with Caleb Drummond's DUI case?

https://indiancountrytoday.com/news/photos-from-killers-of-the-flower-moon

• Love 1

There is an article in the enquirer about her that says the Drummond clan is worried that Caleb will ruin her squeeky clean image. What Caleb did wasn't so out of the ordinary. And he is young. He will straighten himself out.

33 minutes ago, Dineen said:

There is an article in the enquirer about her that says the Drummond clan is worried that Caleb will ruin her squeeky clean image.

She thinks her image is squeaky clean?  She sell shoddy goods from overseas and pretends to know how to cook whilst presenting food loaded with all kinds of unhealthy stuff. 

Girl, the squeaky clean ship has sailed.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Ree gets her own tv movie role at the food network. A christmas movie "candy coated christmas." It sounds just like those cheesy hallmark tv movies (romance movie-chick flick). Barf. I wonder how much she paid to get on this? Also, I was looking at a re-run of her show today, about the Drummond museum. She said that Addie Drummond was so thrifty she would walk around the perimeter of the rug, so not to wear it out (!!!!!). And Addie became rich by selling chicken eggs and chickens to the Osage Indians. I thought everyone back then had chickens. How could the indians not have had chickens? Ree said she found a written history of the Drummond clan and she studied it like it was a school textbook. Kind of different. So now Ree is an actress, but in a way she has been "acting" all along.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ree-drummond-stars-food-networks-200127108.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMJ3wMLKG2w8SLvuIFYWkRCRJSS1imty20fnFNnFXmTvzBbmhpI-2Pgnu9VsHtx8892xclBaB9IlXxuBUrkhKXBaYBSGd27DQsCLIwxkGk80dTwId78K5_urhvN2TvAByActBwKVcvTUY-RPrB6gZb2QMkjO0UoTQJ_nNLnJI9hQ

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Some comments from the daily mail:

She is can't cook won't cook. The dishes she "cooks" are disgusting. She opens a few tins chucks in some pasta and makes horrendous "tray bakes". Not to mention tons of sugar and fat. Can't cook for toffee ....

Boy, howdy, she's not just a "simple fa girl" anymore, is she? There's enough Botox and filler in that face for her to be full-on Hollywood narcissist now

The Drummond family is in the illuminati. She has done the "one eye" sign and her daughters have thrown up illuminati hand signs. Everything about her is phony. Her story is a lie. She is no simple farm wife. Her fans are the stupidest and most gullible sheep on the planet, living vicariously through her. Her "aw shucks" act is sickening,

@TW Her husband was the ranch owner and already a multi-millionaire before she married him. The ranch probably qualifies as a large county or even a small state - it is that big - and has a profitability. Her husband is NOT a 'kept man'. @KarlWalker she also has a brother with Down Syndrome that she likes to periodically pull out of his modest long term care nursing facility and use for her show's ratings, talking the whole episode about how much he loves to spend time with her kids and on the ranch - rooting her own horn and pandering to the caregiver crowd of what a good sister she is - but promptly takes him right back by the end of each episode. She more than has enough money to allow him to live with her and pay full time carers (like the Travoltas did for their eldest son, Jett, before his tragic passing). Those with DS have truncated life expectancies and her brother is a middle-aged adult, why not allow him to live out his life with her family?!? #selfishness

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dineen said:

Some comments from the daily mail:

She is can't cook won't cook. The dishes she "cooks" are disgusting. She opens a few tins chucks in some pasta and makes horrendous "tray bakes". Not to mention tons of sugar and fat. Can't cook for toffee ....

Boy, howdy, she's not just a "simple fa girl" anymore, is she? There's enough Botox and filler in that face for her to be full-on Hollywood narcissist now

The Drummond family is in the illuminati. She has done the "one eye" sign and her daughters have thrown up illuminati hand signs. Everything about her is phony. Her story is a lie. She is no simple farm wife. Her fans are the stupidest and most gullible sheep on the planet, living vicariously through her. Her "aw shucks" act is sickening,

@TW Her husband was the ranch owner and already a multi-millionaire before she married him. The ranch probably qualifies as a large county or even a small state - it is that big - and has a profitability. Her husband is NOT a 'kept man'. @KarlWalker she also has a brother with Down Syndrome that she likes to periodically pull out of his modest long term care nursing facility and use for her show's ratings, talking the whole episode about how much he loves to spend time with her kids and on the ranch - rooting her own horn and pandering to the caregiver crowd of what a good sister she is - but promptly takes him right back by the end of each episode. She more than has enough money to allow him to live with her and pay full time carers (like the Travoltas did for their eldest son, Jett, before his tragic passing). Those with DS have truncated life expectancies and her brother is a middle-aged adult, why not allow him to live out his life with her family?!? #selfishness

This comment made me LOL:

Emerald City, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago

Who's she playing in the movie? The Christmas Ghost of Michael Jackson? Chamone!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

"She said she was 'nervous' filming this movie, 'because I am not an actor...."

Yes, Ree, you are an actor.  You act like you know how to cook which is clearly untrue.

Peppermint Hollow? Puh-lease.  This whole thing sounds totally lame.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/21/2021 at 5:29 PM, Dineen said:

What Caleb did wasn't so out of the ordinary. And he is young. He will straighten himself out.

Any updates on Caleb’s charges?   This also reminded me of Paige’s Public Intoxication arrest in July 2019 - was that discussed here?  Do we know what happened with that?

2 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Any updates on Caleb’s charges?   This also reminded me of Paige’s Public Intoxication arrest in July 2019 - was that discussed here?  Do we know what happened with that?

I don't know if Caleb's charges are resolved yet. I think they are both misdemeanors. Paige's charges were expunged after she paid a small fine. I think that is standard procedure, she did not "get off" because of her name. And it is as it should be, I don't think anyone should be punished forever for a mistake you make, especially when you are young.

• Love 4
On 9/22/2021 at 9:08 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I applaud Ree for her weight loss, but continuing to wear those billowing blouses is not showing it off. She needs a wardrobe makeover. 

I have the same problem. I used to weigh a good 125 pounds more and while I still have more to lose, I also still dress like I’m the same size. It’s my comfort level. I still think I’m the same larger size in my mind. I’m at the point now, when a smaller loss makes a quicker difference clothes size wise, but my first instinct is grabbing something 2 sizes too big to try on first. She’s been dressing that way since the show started, so a good 10 years now, it’s going to be hard to completely change her style now.

• Love 4

I looked at her website. I noticed that over the last year or so she has phased out the "giveaways." In the beginning she had one several times a week. Then they became less and less frequent. Last year she did not even have a "12 days of boots." There hasn't been a giveaway or contest for a good 6 months at least. Now that page is not even on the site. Other old pages with different subjects are gone now too. Now it is merchandising her Chinese made junk,  pop culture "fluff" like stupid TV shows, and make up advertisement links, for which she gets a fee from the company if you click to their site. She has sold out completely. Why anyone would go to her site I don't know. Just an advertisement!

• Useful 1

Looking at her facebook page, she is promoting her  new fall "collection." In sizes that go from S to 4x, and they are looking to add more sizes (!!!!!!!). I guess if you eat her food, you will pack on the pounds before you die of the stroke or heart attack. In the comments section one person asked why Walmart no longer carries the dog treats. It would have to be because they were not selling. Other comments (just a few) were about all of it being made in China by slaves and she should be patriotic and employ americans. There were a lot of the usual fawning comments about how "I will run out and buy some." Barf

• Useful 1

Ree will be on Today, Monday, October 18.

And she was on "the view" and Hoda too. https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/watch-today-host-hoda-kotb-200900501.html.

Here is an article on how much food network stars make. https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/food-network-stars-salaries-how-much-money-do-they-make/emeril-lagasse-2/

Drummond’s salary is not public knowledge, but she reportedly makes between $8 million and $25 million a year, based on the earnings of fellow Food Network stars.

I caught her on the Today Show and they played a clip of her in that holiday movie. 
It’s a hard pass from me. From her food (still as unhealthy as ever despite her dieting) to her acting (one note and sickly sweet…cutesy). 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

And I don't even have D+!

Ha, even though I saw her segment I didn’t pay attention to where this movie was being shown. I thought (assumed- I know…bad me) it was a Hallmark feature. I don’t pay extra for D+ and this would not inspire me to take one of their 30 day promotions or subscription. 

• Love 3

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/3998665/pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-family-brother-death-crash/

This is another article about her "tragities" but the family still haven't said what Mike died of.  

Her winter issue of the magazine is out and it is the same old same old self promotion loop. The article does not mention what happened with Caleb's DUI case. Dropped? That would not surprise me as they are best buds with the legal community (giving a yearly "dinner" for them. Good insurance I say).

• Love 1

Her new crookbook is out now. It was put at #1 on the NYT bestseller list. If it just came out, how can that be? I think her PR firm must have paid them. I will link to a few articles from "news" (sic) sites that are really just paid shill sites, like "showbiz cheat sheet" and yahoo!life which get a commission if you use the link, then buy the product. Both of these sites put up articles at least a few times a week, either a fawning article, (usually about something inane/mindless) recipies which are nothing special, or her products. One site says that the book was $30.00 but now it is only $19.00 at Walmart. And it just came out! Don't they usually wait a while before they lower the price? I'm confused.  As you will see these sites are really just advertisments for her. They are shameless!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pioneer-woman-cooks-super-easy-212204295.html

https://people.com/food/ree-drummond-thanks-husband-ladd-for-supporting-her-at-cookbook-signing-brothers-death/

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-pioneer-woman-ree-drummond-makes-confession-that-she-hopes-wont-limit-career-opportunities.html/

• Love 2

I won’t check out those sites because then I get clogged with ads. I also don’t want her or anyone else to profit. I won’t be buying her cookbook or any other of her merchandise for that matter. I agree that her PR or marketing firm knew just what to do to get her debuting at #1. I don’t think her recipes are healthy enough for me to eat. Too processed. Too fatty. I think people these days are focused on healthier meals and her kitch is becoming outdated. 

My apologies to @Dineen who obviously was kind enough to post all those links for us. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 2

Ree's new Christmas collection is tacky and absolutely hideous. It includes a " This ceramic wax warmer is designed to look like a pair of cowboy boots wrapped in holiday lights." Who would want that in their home? It is so tasteless and ugly. 

image.png.b257c3db2c8b2b068a5441dbf8d782c1.png

• LOL 2
On 11/20/2021 at 3:29 PM, Dineen said:

Ree's new Christmas collection is tacky and absolutely hideous. It includes a " This ceramic wax warmer is designed to look like a pair of cowboy boots wrapped in holiday lights." Who would want that in their home? It is so tasteless and ugly. 

image.png.b257c3db2c8b2b068a5441dbf8d782c1.png

Is it sold@ Walmart? like her other crap she sells. I'm pissed that Food Network has PW on  3 times in a row. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nicmar said:

I'm pissed that Food Network has PW on  3 times in a row. 

Plus the cookie show judge and a bunch of commercials for that cheesy Peppermint Something or other movie.  I want to smack that rictus grin off her face.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Nicmar said:

Is it sold@ Walmar

I think everything she sells is through walmart. Except the magazine which seems to be everywhere. I noticed that her frozen foods don't seem to be at my walmart. Maybe they are sold out (doubt that) or no interest? I read they discontinued the doggie treats. I guess the dogs don't like them........animals know!!! That Osage county movie I think will be coming out soon. There is a (worthless) link as it stops you from reading, you have to subscribe, which I won't do of course.  The article is about the movie and osage county but I can't read it so I won't link to it. The movie is about the evil murders of indians to steal their land. I know there is a book it was based on. Everytime you google her name you find fluff (and no doubt paid for articles) about her in "showbiz cheat sheet." And "taste of country." etc etc. And a few others with recipies and stupid stories. 

HAHAHAHA OMG that wax warmer is HIDEOUS! But I don't doubt that there is somebody out there that will see it and decide that they must have it for their home filled with ostentatious Christmas decorations.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1