Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 4/18/16

• Start Topic

Good discussion about NC's stupid bathroom bill. And Paula, you are so wrong on this. By equating transgendered persons with pedophiles, Cruz is fear mongering and he should be called out for it. As Sunny said there's no evidence of a transgendered person assaulting little girls in a public restroom. 

We do know that some priests, coaches (Dennis Hastert, Sandusky), teachers are pedophiles. Nothing trans about 'em.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 11

Good discussion about NC's stupid bathroom bill. And Paula, you are so wrong on this. By equating transgendered persons with pedophiles, Cruz is fear mongering and he should be called out for it. As Sunny said there's no evidence of a transgendered person assaulting little girls in a public restroom. 

I think it should be a requirement of Paula's job to watch Samantha Bee's show.

• Love 10

DO HIPAA  laws not apply to dead people? It's all over the internet why Prince was supposedly treated at a hospital 7 days ago.

HIPAA laws apply, but TMZ has people everywhere.

A small nit-pick if I may--I was told by a transgender person that there is no such word as "transgendered."  They are merely transgender. Not meant to offend.  

• Love 7

Prince is barely dead 24 hours and people are already screaming overdose. Maybe bc Im such a huge fan, I want to be in denial. IDK what is true. But to have someone's medical history plastered everywhere must be awful for the loved ones. Unless someone drugged him and killed him, then I get the investigation etc and making things public. IF he overdosed, maybe it's not my business. Or Im not thinking right bc Im such a fan.

Where was Paula going with that lockerroom bit?

• Love 5

"A small nit-pick if I may--I was told by a transgender person that there is no such word as "transgendered."  They are merely transgender. Not meant to offend."

Thank you for that information! I had just made a post on Facebook where I used the term transgendered so I rushed back over to edit it. I have several transgender Facebook friends that I would never want to offend.

• Love 8

WG constantly and consistently begins her droning with the phrase 'ahm sorry but' I typically tune out at that point as it competes equally to be annoying convoluted opinionated and without merit. The exception would be if it went something like 'for foisting the idiot Ravyn on all y'all'

The relief I felt when they walked out to 'When Doves Cry' without her or BW was palpable. Giddy I was!!!

• Love 7

Good discussion about NC's stupid bathroom bill. And Paula, you are so wrong on this. By equating transgendered persons with pedophiles, Cruz is fear mongering and he should be called out for it.

Joy said it best. Would these supposed male predators really be stopped by this bill? I mean, rape, molestation, and peeping/recording people in the bathroom or dressing rooms are all already against the law and that doesn’t stop it. And what about these male predators being in the same bathrooms with little boys? It’s the same old thing. I remember another gay rights bill where Republicans tried to link it to pedophiles, too. It’s just flat-out hatred of LGBT individuals, and I’m glad the whole panel cracked down on Paula for it.

Btw, Paula was arguing yesterday about nobody knowing who is on the 100 dollar bill. But doesn’t that really go against her point? If it doesn’t matter who’s on the money, what’s the big deal if Harriet Tubman is on there to her anyway?

These past three shows have been great, even with the fluff topics. Joy moderating brings the best energy out of people. Melissa Joan-Hart wasn't bad, but like Sara Haines she's just a seat-filler.

• Love 10

I complain alot that the hosts don't do their homework. I am beginning toi think that homework consists of reading People, watching Foxnews, or surfing online any subject vaguely related to the topic.

How about real homework?

They need to think abt the topic, research to form an informed opinion that they agree with, write out a coherent statement, rehearse it, and reiterate it on the show. Raven especially. She gets hepped up and personally mad about any dissenting opinions, and can't speak rationally.

• Love 4

^ Yeah, good one. I believe they run through the topics at their morning meeting then don't think about them at all until on air. Research? That would require some effort or interest. That's why they so often miss the point of the topic and wander off on tangents. They have no idea what the topic actually is.

• Love 5

^ Yeah, good one. I believe they run through the topics at their morning meeting then don't think about them at all until on air. Research? That would require some effort or interest. That's why they so often miss the point of the topic and wander off on tangents. They have no idea what the topic actually is.

And makeup and hair is more important, hence Raven's rainbow wheel--that shows the depth of her abilities.

• Love 10
(edited)

Just started watching and Raven is a MAROON. She needs to write down what she's going to ask because she did ask Sheila E. In the PRESENT TENSE if Prince was writing his memoirs, is it done? Does she know when it will come out. Quote "Sheila, this is Raven. Do you know if Prince IS writing his memoirs..." Not "if he WROTE his memoirs."

I loved her short, succinct "No I do not."

That shut her up and they went to commercial.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

No, Raven. Drumpf did NOT get his start in Entertainment like Ronald Reagan did. He got his start in Business. Real Estate.  His show, Celebrity came much later. Jeebus.

And yes, whoever was asking, during the LGBT "bathroom" law discussion, Raven was saying "prying on our children."  And Paula needs to just STFU.  What Cruz is doing is fearmongering, by equating transgender with deviants/pedophiles.  And YES, that is the conversation the table was having and not what you would like to say it was, which was keeping the real perverts away. Loved how Joy brought up Larry Craig.  

Paula: 'I don't want to talk about how the transgender should be allowed in the bathrooms where my children go, because I do think they are perverts and pedophiles and I prove that by using examples that have nothing to do with what we're discussing so I can prove I'm not a bigot.'  By screaming "what do you say to those women that were assaulted, Joy!?"

I loved how Sunny wouldn't let her get away with it, and called a spade a spade.  That was Cruz is doing is, in fact, fearmongering.

• Love 11

Just started watching and Raven is a MAROON. She needs to write down what she's going to ask because she did ask Sheila E. In the PRESENT TENSE if Prince was writing his memoirs, is it done? Does she know when it will come out. Quote "Sheila, this is Raven. Do you know if Prince IS writing his memoirs..." Not "if he WROTE his memoirs."

I loved her short, succinct "No I do not."

That shut her up and they went to commercial.

Oh,...... no words.....

• Love 2

I've been there many times, and never once felt tempted to touch it.  :-/

And because it cannot be said enough, Raven needs to be off this show.  The condescending way she speaks to the other women drives me up a wall.  I have  never seen someone so ignorant with such a huge ego.  Her opinion is the only one that matters.  She is always right, never ever wrong.  She states her opinions as though they're facts every single time.  Completely delusional re her own importance.  She is easily one of the least self-aware people I have ever seen on television or anywhere else.  Just insufferable.

• Love 12

Maybe it's just the obvious (try-outs?), but why does this show have constant multiple guest hosts when the 'regular' host roster is already so bloated that they don't all fit at the table together?  Since the usual suspects are all on contract, I assumed that there were so many of them in order to have a full panel every day and still give one or another a day off for whatever reason here and there.  But no; Sara, Michelle, Candace and Whoopie were all off at the same time, and there were two 'irregulars' on.  This seems so cost-inefficient, no?  MJH did a passably good job last week, certainly miles ahead of CCB who adds absolutely nothing of substance to any discussion.  Raven seems to be there for shock value but at least her comments elicit some reaction, unlike Candace, who is as boring as drying paint. And for some reason, Paula just grates on my last nerve more and more with each show.  I cannot stand her self-righteous, humorless attitude.  Even that chick from Fox (Jedediah?) didn't bug me so much, and I HATE Fox.  Go figure.

• Love 5

Maybe it's just the obvious (try-outs?), but why does this show have constant multiple guest hosts when the 'regular' host roster is already so bloated that they don't all fit at the table together? Since the usual suspects are all on contract, I assumed that there were so many of them in order to have a full panel every day and still give one or another a day off for whatever reason here and there. But no; Sara, Michelle, Candace and Whoopie were all off at the same time, and there were two 'irregulars' on. .

Sara is not a regular/on contract. She is also a fill-in host, since her regular job is on Good Morning America.

• Love 2

And because it cannot be said enough, Raven needs to be off this show.  The condescending way she speaks to the other women drives me up a wall.  I have  never seen someone so ignorant with such a huge ego.  Her opinion is the only one that matters.  She is always right, never ever wrong.  She states her opinions as though they're facts every single time.  Completely delusional re her own importance.  She is easily one of the least self-aware people I have ever seen on television or anywhere else.  Just insufferable.

This is exactly how I would describe Whoopi.  Raven is a mini-Whoop when it comes to this show except she puts on makeup (quite well imo) and doesn't dress out of the hamper.   But both are coasting on their resumes; they were stars a long time ago, decades in Whoopi's case.  Both are uneducated big mouths who think they know everything.  And yes, I heard Raven ask Sheila E if Prince IS writing his memoirs.   Geezus.  

Maybe it's just the obvious (try-outs?), but why does this show have constant multiple guest hosts when the 'regular' host roster is already so bloated that they don't all fit at the table together?  Since the usual suspects are all on contract, I assumed that there were so many of them in order to have a full panel every day and still give one or another a day off for whatever reason here and there.  But no; Sara, Michelle, Candace and Whoopie were all off at the same time, and there were two 'irregulars' on.  This seems so cost-inefficient, no?  MJH did a passably good job last week, certainly miles ahead of CCB who adds absolutely nothing of substance to any discussion.  Raven seems to be there for shock value but at least her comments elicit some reaction, unlike Candace, who is as boring as drying paint. And for some reason, Paula just grates on my last nerve more and more with each show.  I cannot stand her self-righteous, humorless attitude.  Even that chick from Fox (Jedediah?) didn't bug me so much, and I HATE Fox.  Go figure.

I totally agree.   But then this show has a history of starting something (co-hosts, "contributors", set designs, "weekly" bits, etc) and then inexplicably dropping the idea just as fast.   It's frustrating. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

my dream panel....joy, michelle, sunny, paula...and maybe the 5th pEpson can be a weekly fill in for some famous..or even a non celebrity person.

Raven isn't likable at all, and no one has really kept her in check since nicole asked if she were really that famous to get tired of writing autographs. She's the liberal version of Bitsy

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 4

Well, the bathroom bill has prompted the hiring of at least one person in NC:

http://towndock.net/newsextra/bathroom-re-opens-with-on-duty-compliance-officer

Pretty inconsequential in light of all the lost business though. Trump's backtracked. Big surprise. And I'm with you, Dahlia, thank goodness Miss Whoopi wasn't there to lead the discussion. She would've butchered it for sure. 

Omigosh is that real. And if you don't have your authentic birth certificate every time you go to the bathroom in NC you have a rectal exam? That is like the ultimate dark satire -- darker than any I've ever seen. 

• Love 5

Raven  bugged the heck out of me on Friday's show, she kept interrupting the conversation to say what someone from TWITTER posted.   Who cares?  

I can imagine what it would be like to have someone like her in your life - constantly asking twitter for opinions. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

Sara's not on contract? She seemed to be on so much, I just assumed. My bad. I just wish they could come up with a permanent panel of interesting women, even though I - and the rest of the viewing audience - would not agree with all their opinions. Just make it INTERESTING. And fun to watch. That Jedi woman seemed to fit in far better than CCB or Paula, and Melissa Joan Hart was a much needed breath of fresh air. I suspect that I'm not on the same side of the political fence as those two but I still found them....yes, interesting and fun. If this show would just choose their rather large permanent panel more carefully we wouldn't be subjected to the constant merry-go-round of guest hosts who seem to be auditioning to replace one of the regulars. Way back in the beginning with Barbara Walters, wasn't the panel pretty much set in stone with the occasional fill-in when someone was on vacation or something? Maybe I'm remembering through rose colored glasses.

• Love 4

Raven  bugged the heck out of me on Friday's show, she kept interrupting the conversation to say what someone from TWITTER posted.   Who cares?  

I can imagine what it would be like to have someone like her in your life - constantly asking twitter for opinions. 

I think she is on there to represent the younger viewer and was probably asked by production to read twitter feedback.   There must be a better rep out there.  

Sunny would make an excellent host.  I am with the majority here, Raven and CCB, go away.  NOW!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
On 4/19/2016 at 4:14 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

I think if Michelle stopped the jokes, people might take her more serious. she doesn't seem a hardcore liberal, and does on occasion seem to be moderate.

And if she stopped the excessive, annoying giggling. I totally agree.

I've caught her in a serious tone where she has displayed an educated view that she can clearly articulate. She's also been able to argue her point without rancor.