Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Ponderosa

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just watched the Nick one.  It was depressing, I feel bad for the guy.  But he's such a character.  I smile when he speaks, he's so jovial and funny even when depressed.  (Cue the sociopath jokes).  I could see him in movies.  The camera LOVES him.  He's gorgeous (7:08 and on... I'm getting gushy now.)  I make a lot of fun of the size of his head size, and it is small, but maybe the camera people could work around it.  Or maybe his muscles are just too big.

I'd love to see him back.  Neal on the other hand, I don't mention him for a reason... 

Actual quote from Nick:  "I love the sociopathic nature of this game."  (LOL)

He doesn't know if he's loved before?  My word!  What about his parents?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

Nick cracked me up.  When he wasn't patting himself on the back for his humility, he was talking about how much he loves himself.  Funny that he thinks Neil is delusional but he doesn't hear the ridiculous things coming out of his own mouth.  I don't think I could stand an hour with these clowns, let alone days or weeks.

And his head is too small.

• Love 5

I could do without wasting 30 seconds on "like sands through the...hourglass...no wait, olde-timey scales...these are the days of our Survivors."  I'm usually so impatient that I won't watch some videos that are more than 30 seconds long!  I was hoping that was only the intro to up the drama of the second chancers missing out on their second chance, but I guess they didn't want to waste whatever money they spent on filming that.

• Love 2

I haven't visited Nick's twitter after he got voted out, I looked today and some tweets were really funny.

Like this one:

[After voting me out]

Michele: I'm in love.

Aubry: But he loves me.

Julia: You? I don't think so.

Deb: He's into cougars. Rawr!

Cyd: sleepy face 

• Love 4

Debbie's Ponderosa is up. She is nice, crazy, fun & annoying. All in all, pretty much how she was all season. Nick both likes & really doesn't like her. She's trying to pick him up and he's kind put off by it. He looks really good with his hair & beard trimmed. His hair is so dark. I hadn't realized it before. Debbie does say if Aubrey is in the Final she would get her vote. That will be interesting if it should come down to that.

Why would Deb tell the guys that she was 96 pounds when they weighed her after she got voted out? In the scene where they weigh her, she's 101, 13 pounds down from her original 114. Is she a compulsive liar? She baffles me almost as much as she irritates the hell out of me. I don't envy those poor two guys being stuck with her there talking their ears off and hitting on them.

• Love 8

I'm sure Nick & Neil were looking for the rest of the jury to show up after Debbie. It looks like Debbie is a lot to take in larger doses. I'm sure she's very nice in real life but 24/7 might be too much.

• Love 2

Why would Deb tell the guys that she was 96 pounds when they weighed her after she got voted out? In the scene where they weigh her, she's 101, 13 pounds down from her original 114. Is she a compulsive liar? She baffles me almost as much as she irritates the hell out of me. I don't envy those poor two guys being stuck with her there talking their ears off and hitting on them.

Probably for the same reason she's got 34 different careers on her resume. Or, she thought a lower weight would make her more attractive to Nick. Yes, I think she lies, embellishes, exaggerates, all rolled into one.

• Love 7

I assumed she was mentally subtracting 5 pounds for clothes. I do this at the doctor's office. It makes me feel better to think my pants + sweater + shirt weight 5 pounds whether it's true or not.

• Love 2

I just read her exit interview with Josh Wigler and she says "I was down to maybe 90 or 92 pounds. My brain wasn’t firing the way it should."  Very bizarre! 

Edited by AG921
  • Love 3

Those poor guys being stuck at Ponderosa. I loved that one of them said they wish they could vote her out of Ponderosa. Too bad it couldn't be douche-bros stuck there at Ponderosa instead of Neal and Nick.

• Love 2

To Deb 

Neal: if it could help we could take our shirts off

Nick: Relax

I love those two together!

Debbie is fun to watch as a character on a tv show but no doubt I would go full on insane if I had to spend more than 5 minutes with her in real life.

• Love 2

Debbie's Ponderosa is up. She is nice, crazy, fun & annoying. All in all, pretty much how she was all season. Nick both likes & really doesn't like her. She's trying to pick him up and he's kind put off by it. He looks really good with his hair & beard trimmed. His hair is so dark. I hadn't realized it before. Debbie does say if Aubrey is in the Final she would get her vote. That will be interesting if it should come down to that.

Debbie actually said that Aubry lost her vote if she gets to the end. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I noticed that in the interviews she keeps saying she was down to 92 pounds at one point. I'm not convinced she's a compulsive liar but I do think she misremembers things. Either that or she's talking about the weight she lost AFTER being voted out. She did say "no comment" when one interviewer asked if she stayed healthy.

• Love 1

Debbie: "I've studied 10,000 years of human history."

DEBBIE: HISTORY STUDENT

Nick: "Debbie was hitting on me non-stop at camp."

DEBBIE: PICKUP ARTIST

You forgot DEBBIE: EXPERT JUGGLER and card carrying member of the Bucks (?) County Juggling Society.

Good Lord, that woman is delusional.  I foresee Nick and Neal running, screaming into the jungle.

• Love 5

I am loving Ponderosa. The personalities are in no way compatible but there are not ridiculous clashes. Deb is insane, Neal is fun, and Nick is just egotistical but honest about it. No one seems to be too put off by the others personality and behavior. It is pretty fun to watch.

• Love 4

Watching some of the bonus clips she mentions weighing 96 pounds at one point in time. I think when they did the general health check they weighed everyone and told them their weight. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they made it a point to help them find more food after the number of infections that they spotted and having to pull someone from the game.

• Love 1

You forgot DEBBIE: EXPERT JUGGLER and card carrying member of the Bucks (?) County Juggling Society.

I was thinking of adding that, but she kept dropping those shells.

• Love 3

Those poor guys being stuck at Ponderosa. I loved that one of them said they wish they could vote her out of Ponderosa. Too bad it couldn't be douche-bros stuck there at Ponderosa instead of Neal and Nick.

If those guys were stuck with Debbie for barely a day, we'd be reading about the first homicide in Survivor history.

• Love 2

I am loving Ponderosa. The personalities are in no way compatible but there are not ridiculous clashes. Deb is insane, Neal is fun, and Nick is just egotistical but honest about it. No one seems to be too put off by the others personality and behavior. It is pretty fun to watch.

I see Neal as egotistical, big time going on what he said when Nick first arrived  They seem to have sorted things out between them.  Nothing like a shared enemy (Debbie) to create a bond!

Debbie lied when she recounted the water on fire story.  She said she just made another one in 5 minutes; it was Michelle who started that fire.  

She is a teller of tall tales, I would say.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

I thought Deb was talking about a different fire started then the one where the water was poured on the fire.

I thought it was interesting the way they edited Neal's Ponderosa. They didn't show Nick at all, which makes sense because it would have been a massive spoiler, even though Nick was there when Neal arrived.

I think the three of them actually have a good vibe. They are adult enough to deal with each others personalities and eccentricities.

• Love 1

I thought Deb was talking about a different fire started then the one where the water was poured on the fire.

I thought it was interesting the way they edited Neal's Ponderosa. They didn't show Nick at all, which makes sense because it would have been a massive spoiler, even though Nick was there when Neal arrived.

I think the three of them actually have a good vibe. They are adult enough to deal with each others personalities and eccentricities.

You are right, I stand corrected, different fire.  

She did say "I weighed 96 pounds when he weighed me."   In an interview she mentioned that she weighed 90 or 92 pounds!   

It really doesn't matter, and to be honest, I am picking through things to avoid dealing with the weeds in my yard.  

Debbie is an upbeat, friendly character and I like her.  I find her stories amusing.  Ponderosa is better than the game this season.  I always enjoy it wish the clips were longer.  

She ordered a cheese burger and fries and we didn't get to see her eat it!  That is one of my favorite parts.  

Okay, I will think seriously about weeding now.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
Neal said "Bucks County" but actually it's Berks County.

Which is not too bad a misapprehension because they are almost contiguous, with only a bit of Montgomery County in between their closest points.

The funniest part to me was she thought she'd be put on Brawn because she could do so many things in challenges. "I can balance, I can juggle..."  Oh, yeah, all those juggling challenges.  

Debbie was kind of like Philip, wasn't she? Except I don't think she was playing a role. I get the feeling that is who she really is as a person. She didn't bother me but I could see how living with her for any period of time would be tiring. At least the others can hide from her at Ponderosa.

• Love 2

That letter from his sister was heartbreaking.

The miracle of editing.  This Scot seems nice and introspective and fun to be around.  Too bad we got to see what lies beneath the pleasant facade.

46 lbs?  Is that a record? 

• Love 2

That letter from his sister was heartbreaking.

The miracle of editing.  This Scot seems nice and introspective and fun to be around.  Too bad we got to see what lies beneath the pleasant facade.

46 lbs?  Is that a record? 

Well...except A- why would he go on Survivor with an ill sister at home and B- why the eff didn't he play for the love notes from home in the reward challenge instead of the stupid cheeseburger? 

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 1

Scot is a decent human being in his video. I think the positive to playing very competitive sports is that you learn how to lose with grace.

OK, so that sounds weird given how Scot played so let me explain.

Scot was willing to play dirty in the game. The theft of the tools and pouring out the water isn't all that different then hack a Shaq in basketball. You take the fouls knowing that Shaq can't hit a free throw even when paid millions of dollars and knowing that he gets frustrated with the fouls and that can throw him off his game. It is a sucky technique but it is an accepted strategy in basketball.

Once he leaves the game, he can absorb the loss and be a cool person who is fine to talk with and hang out with. I also suspect that the fact that he has made a lot of money makes it easier to absorb the loss.

• Love 3

First of all, his sister's situation seems heartbreaking, but I give a side-eye to the editors for playing on that so hard.  Seems intrusive to read so much of that very personal letter aloud on camera.  Maybe she knew it would be read out loud.  Maybe she posts the same stuff on her Facebook page.  Still.

And we get the story (sort of) of his back tattoo.  But why would a 16-year-old kid call his (Mormon, I think) father "Poison."  That doesn't seem like a good nickname to me. And the Son of Poison Tattoo seems to have a lot of writhing snakes on it.  It that was the tattoo he inked to honor his Mormon father...well, sounds complicated.

Funny bit about Nickbot shutting off at night to sleep, but right before that, was that a long low belch coming out of Scot?  Confused.

Did Neal's "Hey Boo" tshirt seem to be made out of masking tape?

I still hate the overwrought like-sands-through-the-hourglass opening.

Edited by Special K
  • Love 6

No, Scot said in some of the bonus clips that they were not jerks. They were proving a point by not providing for folks and taking the tools and putting out the fire. Since they made their point, they would be the bigger men and return the tools and providing for folks. He said the same thing in a confessional shown, his Ponderosa exit and the bonus clip. Dude really didn't see their behavior as being all that awful.

• Love 3

I have to believe that was sarcasm. I refuse to accept someone has that little self-awareness.

I was hoping that was the case too. But then he followed it with something like 'but, hey, maybe they did [think I was a jerk]'. With a shrug that led me to believe he is truly clueless.

At 1:49 in the video, did Scot say 'I know they don't think I was a jerk because I wasn't'? Really!?!?!?!? Um, hello Scot! 

He also said at the end of that sentence, "maybe they did" (think he was jerk) 

Funny bit about Nickbot shutting off at night to sleep, but right before that, was that a long low belch coming out of Scot?  Confused.

He was imitating someone's snoring (I'm guessing it was Bounty Hunter). 

No, Scot said in some of the bonus clips that they were not jerks. They were proving a point by not providing for folks and taking the tools and putting out the fire. Since they made their point, they would be the bigger men and return the tools and providing for folks. He said the same thing in a confessional shown, his Ponderosa exit and the bonus clip. Dude really didn't see their behavior as being all that awful.

There seems to be a theme with a lot of Scot's more introspective interviews about not being "what he was" so it appears that he was a giant jerk in the past and thinks he's better now? 

I was very curious to see how Debbie would respond to Scot's arrival and she didn't seem terribly welcoming. 

I think Nick's Ponderosa was my favorite so far. He's such a doofus, but kinda funny. 

Loved the conversation about Nick falling asleep perfectly still and then waking up looking like "Don Draper" with perfect hair. 

• Love 1

I think they welcomed him in a civil manner that was appropriate and mature.  They had a drink ready for him,shook his hand, were ready to sit down and talk with him (ie not shun him) but no one hugged him.

• Love 3

Nick does have perfect hair and beard. Very dark. It was funny that none of them knew that Scot was holding an idol and that he didn't play it. Of course, only Neal knew at the time of it being a Super Idol. I guess they both have a nice keepsake to forever hold. Scot really does seem nicer without Jason and it was funny about the Nickbot sleeping habits.

Except they were asses way before they withdrew their hand of blessings.

• Love 1

Well...except A- why would he go on Survivor with an ill sister at home and B- why the eff didn't he play for the love notes from home in the reward challenge instead of the stupid cheeseburger? 

A.  I don't have any idea, but Jenna Morasca did the same, before abruptly quitting and making it home right before her mother died.  Perhaps his sister encouraged him.

B.  I imagine he played for food because he was in starvation mode.  It's difficult for anyone to physically perform, or even think when severely calorie restricted.  Our brains are the first thing to be affected by lack of glucose.  I'm actually surprised that Scot apparently continued to do things like gather wood and other caretaking duties.  In the past, men his size have tended to lay around 24/7 to "conserve" their strength for challenges.  I'll give him credit for not being a lay about.

And for the record, I'm not intentionally defending this dude, but fair is fair.  I was screaming and jumping up and down when he was voted off, in a manner not seen since Jeri's blindside.  But I like someone who can lose with grace.  No bleeped out threats and death glares to Tai.   He even seemed to feel guilty that he's the reason Bounty doesn't have his idol.  All signs that he's quite possibly a decent guy.  None of this means I want him back.  Did not like his playing style or personality.  He and Bounty brought out the worst in each other, and make quite the douche duo.

As to calling his father "Poison", perhaps it was his father's nickname, and not one that Scot assigned him.  I'm not sure what being Mormon has to do with the nickname.  Poison isn't a swear word, a rated R movie, caffeine, or pre-marital sex.  Scot seems to have idolized his father, as happens when we lose our fathers at a young age - speaking from experience here.  I didn't follow my dad's career path or tattoo his nickname all over my body, but I understand why someone would do so.

I also dislike the whole sand and scales opening of the Ponderosa videos.  And there's something vaguely sexual with that hand that creeps me out a little.

• Love 7