Type keyword(s) to search

Guilt - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I will check it out. Sounds pretty racy, fine with me, but a little odd considering it will air on Freeform. At least around my area Freeform airs The 700 Club fairly continuously, lol.

I really liked the pilot. I think the show has definite potential. I was having trouble with one thing, though. Was the older sister at one of those Eyes Wide Shut parties? Or was it someone who just looked exactly like the sister?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, tv-is-addicting said:

Anthony Stewart Head on a series filmed IN London, story takes place in London, but he's American.  Was excitedly anticipating Giles' elocution.  Another disappointment in a pilot full of them.  Except Zane.  Who's awesome.

Definitely, it was a wasted opportunity given that it takes place in London too.

Zane seemed to be the only one having fun with his role.

• Love 2

I liked it too - if it keeps up the soapy-sleaziness and the eye candy Guilt will be my summer guilty pleasure, now I've finally managed to break up with Pretty Little Liars.  I thought the suspect line up was terrific too; everybody looked aweful, everybody has something to hide. And sure, the aristocrats' den of sin is a cliché as old as London itself, but I don't mind - with the exception of the bloody prince! That took me completely out of the show - I thought it was supposed to be our world, not a parallel universe. And it would have been easily fixed if he'd just been some lord's son - it's not like we wouldn't get that priviledge buys you a lot of leeway with the cops if he hadn't been the queen's son. Now it just reads like a weird Jack-the-Ripper rip off from From Hell.

All the said, I still hope it'll turn out the girl did it after all (considering it's ABC Family/Freeform I'll most likely hope in vain, but...)

18 hours ago, AmandaPanda said:

I really liked the pilot. I think the show has definite potential. I was having trouble with one thing, though. Was the older sister at one of those Eyes Wide Shut parties? Or was it someone who just looked exactly like the sister?

No, it was another redhead. The third room mate (the dj) hooked up with her and the morning after she told her of an easy way to earn money. Turns out the dj's some sort of pimp, considering the 'patron' who asked for Molly.

• Love 3

I like soapy mysteries and I also enjoyed the pilot. Like feverfew I too have finally ended my time with PLL. I too would have preferred a lord's son or something to make it a little less fantasy universe.

I was confused at the end when they showed the monkey, was that the artist apartment or someone who we haven't seen?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PugLoaf said:

I like soapy mysteries and I also enjoyed the pilot. Like feverfew I too have finally ended my time with PLL. I too would have preferred a lord's son or something to make it a little less fantasy universe.

I was confused at the end when they showed the monkey, was that the artist apartment or someone who we haven't seen?

I couldn't tell if that was the artist or not either. I was having trouble remembering faces, I may try a rewatch.

I liked it and am already intrigued by the mystery. I hope we see more of Molly in flashbacks. Did I hear the promo right that it is just a 10-episode mini series and that's it? Or is that wishful thinking, because this kind of show always claims that and then gets renewed for a much worse season 2.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Did I hear the promo right that it is just a 10-episode mini series and that's it?

Please, please, let this be true! I was just recommending it to my mom and we were just complaining that we probably won't find out the killer for six years (we are both burned out by PLL). That would be awesome if they kept it contained sort of like How to Get Away With Murder, with flashbacks to flesh it out and a big reveal. I watch on Hulu and they didn't show a preview. 

• Love 1

I was a bit disappointed in the pilot, but I would watch another episode.  It's sort of a PLL meets the Royals.  I too was disappointed that ASH was not playing a Brit but I do believe his daughter, Daisy, is playing Grace.  Grace looks like a brunette Elizabeth Olsen.

Billy Zane was the highlight for me - he has the best lines and delivers them with relish.  I do like the London setting, too.  I hope they make great use of the city.

I do imagine there will be flashbacks to Molly when she was alive (a la when we thought Ali was dead on PLL).

• Love 3

I thought this was pretty good for a Freeform show.  It has potential to at least be interesting if they don't drag out the killer reveal to long.  Plus the killer reveal could just be the beginning of the story.  I mean this isn't high art but it could at least be entertaining.

Is this "great TV?" No, not really. I think it's just a fun, guilty pleasure of a show, much like The Royals and Pretty Little Liars are. It's fun to watch and follow. I think because those were my expectations going in, I really enjoyed it and became interested in the story. I also hope they don't draw out the killer reveal, because that does get tiresome (as Pretty Little Liars became tiresome), but I thought this was a lot of fun. I'll be tuning in. Plus, Billy Zane...

On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Chaos Theory said:

I thought this was pretty good for a Freeform show.  It has potential to at least be interesting if they don't drag out the killer reveal to long.  Plus the killer reveal could just be the beginning of the story.  I mean this isn't high art but it could at least be entertaining.

According to the promo, we'll know the killer reveal by episode 10, the finale.

I started watching thinking I'd probably hate this, but was surprised to like it.  And then Billy Zane showed up and stole the show! 

The prince stuff was unexpected, too.  I'm not sure what to make of all that yet.  I'm trying to imagine Princes William and Harry having an evil step brother.  I guess that ramps up the melodrama potential, lol. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I agree. There is just too much on TV for me to waste an hour with a show that is just silly and leading viewers down rabbit holes for the purpose of creating content for each episode. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 2

Grace is so sketchy; I'm with the female police detective - don't take your eyes off her!  Though, if she did it, where are her bloody clothes?  Because the amount of blood sprayed around that apartment means there is no way the killer walked away without a bucket of blood on their clothes.  Not to mention Grace's hair. She'd have needed to shower and change her clothes and get rid of the bloody clothes before going back to the roof. 

So DJ has Molly's phone, dear ole step-dad and cronies are in a picture on it.  How and when did DJ get the phone, and are James and his pals customers of Ye Olde Sex Clubbe?

10 hours ago, izabella said:

Grace is so sketchy; I'm with the female police detective - don't take your eyes off her!  Though, if she did it, where are her bloody clothes?  Because the amount of blood sprayed around that apartment means there is no way the killer walked away without a bucket of blood on their clothes.  Not to mention Grace's hair. She'd have needed to shower and change her clothes and get rid of the bloody clothes before going back to the roof. 

So DJ has Molly's phone, dear ole step-dad and cronies are in a picture on it.  How and when did DJ get the phone, and are James and his pals customers of Ye Olde Sex Clubbe?

She could have Lizzie Borden-ed it and murdered her naked.

• Love 1
On 6/21/2016 at 3:39 PM, Glade said:

The last two minutes really killed this show for me, this is just a generic murder mystery with endless conspiracies piled one on top of the other.

Definitely, it usually gets old fast

• Love 2

So did the wife kill the philandering husband, then kill herself or something? Or was I supposed to believe she killed the brother? Was I not paying enough attention?

I like the hot cop. Grace is annoying and dumb, but the sister isn't too bad, and Billy Zane seems to be having fun. Honestly not too interested in the upscale brothel connection, or anyone operating in that storyline so far, but I'll keep watching. 

• Love 5

I KNEW the prosecutor looked familiar! She played Lehann on Mile High, one of my all-time favorite guilty pleasures! Billy Zane is fun in this. I want a spin-off when this is done of his character defending people called "In The Gutterie"!

So far, I am guessing that the French boyfriend killed Molly. The Red Herring Club makes everyone involved look sketchy, but Luc seems to have had the most opportunity, as well as a possible motive (Molly probably pregnant with his kid, and no way that Grace forgives that), and he went missing for a period. Probably he'll put Grace in awkward positions such as those laughing photos at the memorial in order to set her up.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, cdp73 said:

She's not Amanda Knox, but she's a dead ringer for Jessa Duggar.

She reminds me of Eliza Dushku but that might be my brain making the Buffy The Vampire Slayer connections it automatically makes whenever I see Anthony Stewart Head/James. The character Grace is very Faith-like to me.

I can't make myself forget that ASH is her Father IRL but I do like seeing them act together.

I think the show is really starting to find its stride. Most of this episode held my attention. I was doing laundry and lesson planning while watching, so I'm sure I missed some things. I'm still unsure if Grace is a sociopath or not. I'm leaning towards not. I'm sure I'll change my mind again by next week.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AmandaPanda said:

I think the show is really starting to find its stride. Most of this episode held my attention. I was doing laundry and lesson planning while watching, so I'm sure I missed some things. I'm still unsure if Grace is a sociopath or not. I'm leaning towards not. I'm sure I'll change my mind again by next week.

If this weren't a Freeform show, maybe I could buy the writers taking some of those risks.

(edited)
On 6/27/2016 at 9:21 PM, AmandaPanda said:

I'm still unsure if Grace is a sociopath or not.

Her lawyer was right - she did a masterful job at getting social media public on her side.  I didn't quite believer Grace when she said taking the pills was an accident.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2016 at 0:23 PM, mehtotheworld said:

So did the wife kill the philandering husband, then kill herself or something? Or was I supposed to believe she killed the brother? Was I not paying enough attention?

I like the hot cop. Grace is annoying and dumb, but the sister isn't too bad, and Billy Zane seems to be having fun. Honestly not too interested in the upscale brothel connection, or anyone operating in that storyline so far, but I'll keep watching. 

I didn't get that either. I think we're not supposed to know yet. 

I like that we still can't get a read on Grace. All I know is that she puts me on edge.

I'm like Billy Zane in this role which is no small feat considering I've hated him since Titanic.

I'm interested in the Prince aspect with the detective.

And, I do hope to see more of Molly's brother. He's a cutie.

I like this show. Which is odd since I can't stand either Grace or Natalie (I at least like the actress who plays Grace, not so much Natalie) and they're the central part of the show. 

But the show is pretty and fluffy and the "who done it" is just compelling enough. 

So yeah, I like it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I was pretty convinced that Grace actually killed Molly and is being a mastermind about playing innocent victim. But that scene at the end of this latest episode makes me think it's a fake out. If she was really the killer they wouldn't blatantly reveal it by having her talk about a secret like that. However, how stupid are Grace and Luc for having a conversation like that in jail. Don't they know that may be monitored?

My next guess is that the prince did it (for shock value), but that seems like a fake out too.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I was pretty convinced that Grace actually killed Molly and is being a mastermind about playing innocent victim. But that scene at the end of this latest episode makes me think it's a fake out. If she was really the killer they wouldn't blatantly reveal it by having her talk about a secret like that. However, how stupid are Grace and Luc for having a conversation like that in jail. Don't they know that may be monitored?

My next guess is that the prince did it (for shock value), but that seems like a fake out too.

Agreed, I don't see Freeform going there.  It seems like they'll probably pick a side character I barely remember in the end or something.

• Love 1

Oh, the Prince is definitely a red herring, because his "involvement" gives the show a chance to dress up (and down) characters in a setting that none of them would in real life ever be a part of, and because it fits Free TV's idea of what "risque" looks like. Grace would be ultimately the coolest reveal just because the actress plays sketchy really well, but it WILL probably be no one we've been introduced to yet. Which is bad form, because mysteries should be solvable by the audience if attention is paid.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, NorthstarATL said:

Which is bad form, because mysteries should be solvable by the audience if attention is paid.

There don't seem to be that many suspects really. Usually on a show like this most of the main cast is a suspect, but here we have the sister who was in the US, the cops, and the lawyer. The other roommate, I guess, but she had an alibi.

It will probably be some other random person from the prostitute ring. Speaking of which.....if Grace knows about that why does she not say that to get some attention off her? It's kind of a big deal. 

• Love 2

Oooh, maybe it's Grace AND the French boyfriend.

It's weird that the police (and reporters) don't seem to be digging deep into the victim's life to better understand what she was up to. 

• Love 2

I think the show wants to paint the British prosecutor as inept and/or so tunnel-visioned toward nailing Grace that she is blind to all other possibilities. Also, the show doesn't want to wrap anything up quickly, because then they'll all be out of work. It is ridiculous that not only did the police fail to unearth that Molly was a prostitute, but that Grace kept it quite out of "respect" for her friend when that little bit of knowledge might have indeed taken the focus off of her. BUT apparently Grace was involved there as well, so maybe she was just covering up for herself again. I don't know British law, but Luc "remembering" that Grace had been gone longer than he first said she had seems a really flimsy basis upon which to rearrest Grace. You'd think Billy Zane would be all over that, but then  we'd have missed a slo mo music montage.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, holly4755 said:

I think they are pointing pretty obviously to the club manager, he certainly likes to wave a gun around and everyone thinks they better follow the rules or he will kill them. 

Well, he did kidnap, brutally beat and then murdered a man in front of Kaley. So murder is in the man's range.

On 7/21/2016 at 10:20 AM, izabella said:

Oooh, maybe it's Grace AND the French boyfriend.

It's weird that the police (and reporters) don't seem to be digging deep into the victim's life to better understand what she was up to. 

Probably saved for plot convenience later on closer to the end of the season.

• Love 1

I'm guessing that the police finally getting a hold of Molly's phone will jumpstart that aspect. I'm still shocked that Grace, Natalie nor DjMadame didn't think about what the hell Molly did have on her phone. Since DjMadame is terrified of the sex club being discovered. 

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd there we go! And Yay! Natalie got called out on her insanely stupid part in operation American Red. Nah, not at all inconspicuous that a red haired American woman flirts with the psycho. Right before the police swoop down on him. Because it isn't like Natalie is now unknown to the British public. Or that he wouldn't have seen her again. Not with her being at Grace's side constantly. Nope.

It was nice that Natalie finally did have to wonder if Grace was innocent or not.

And for Pete's sake, NOT ONE DAMN DETECTIVE HAS BOTHERED TO QUESTION MOLLY'S STALKER ABOUT WHAT HE SAW THE NIGHT SHE WAS MURDERED? REALLY?

And Billy Zane finally gets to do more than be in the show for 2 minutes! Yay! 

And since ASH is the actual father of the actress who plays Grace, I wonder if the show have it come out that she really is her stepfather's biological child. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, stlbf said:

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd there we go! And Yay! Natalie got called out on her insanely stupid part in operation American Red. Nah, not at all inconspicuous that a red haired American woman flirts with the psycho. Right before the police swoop down on him. Because it isn't like Natalie is now unknown to the British public. Or that he wouldn't have seen her again. Not with her being at Grace's side constantly. Nope.

It was nice that Natalie finally did have to wonder if Grace was innocent or not.

And for Pete's sake, NOT ONE DAMN DETECTIVE HAS BOTHERED TO QUESTION MOLLY'S STALKER ABOUT WHAT HE SAW THE NIGHT SHE WAS MURDERED? REALLY?

And Billy Zane finally gets to do more than be in the show for 2 minutes! Yay! 

And since ASH is the actual father of the actress who plays Grace, I wonder if the show have it come out that she really is her stepfather's biological child. 

Shame since Billy seems to be the only one having the most fun with his role.

Grace's dumb plan was obviously going to backfire so Natalie should've known better.

• Love 2