Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I could swear that Wolf's original plan was for Robin to die in a car accident or something, to expire onscreen and really milk it for emotion. When Frank arrived he vowed Robin would never be killed off, that she was a central generational heroine and that it would be like cutting out the show's heart. I think he was absolutely right about that, but I think he's wrong in how they've handled it since, at least since 2014.

I really enjoyed her stints in the winters of '12 and '13 and thought the story as a whole had a solid, even if specific details were shaky, narrative. But it completely fell apart last summer starting with Patrick demanding Robin come home when Gabriel died. Actually, I think the show as a whole completely fell apart at sometime last May/June and it has yet to recover.

Who knows, maybe the change from Bill Eckert to Alt Luke changed everything, or maybe something happened with Thaoo but something clearly happened behind the scenes to throw everything out of whack.

On a somewhat related note, I couldn't believe they had Kim in the studio a few months ago and only filmed those couple of scenes with Jason. If they had her there, they should have worked her and progressed the story. A least show real Robin, not figment Robin, trying to escape from Helena and Hells threatening Emma.

• Love 1

Wolf was just a ray of sunshine as a writer, wasn't he? Lol. Wasn't he responsible for Sam's honeymoon rape and Lucky's Irish wife being murdered in her hospital bed?

I hated that Robin was going to die but I think I actually hate this alternative story worse.

Wolf was just a ray of sunshine as a writer, wasn't he? Lol. Wasn't he responsible for Sam's honeymoon rape and Lucky's Irish wife being murdered in her hospital bed?

I hated that Robin was going to die but I think .

Wolfe was so good when he took over during the 07/08 writers strike, but his 11 stint was so bad. The stories were horrible and they moved so slowly. I believe I missed almost three full weeks somewhere in Sep/Oct and nothing had happened when I tuned back in. It was literally still the same 'soap day' snd not a single plot had advanced.

• Love 1

On a somewhat related note, I couldn't believe they had Kim in the studio a few months ago and only filmed those couple of scenes with Jason. If they had her there, they should have worked her and progressed the story. A least show real Robin, not figment Robin, trying to escape from Helena and Hells threatening Emma.

I couldn't believe they had her back for a scene which she stopped Jason from killing Sam, who was having sex with her ex upstairs. It's laughable.

• Love 1

Wolfe was so good when he took over during the 07/08 writers strike, but his 11 stint was so bad. The stories were horrible and they moved so slowly. I believe I missed almost three full weeks somewhere in Sep/Oct and nothing had happened when I tuned back in. It was literally still the same 'soap day' snd not a single plot had advanced.

But the stuff Wolfe was working from was even worse, the pinnacle of Teh Gooze having no more stories to tell.  Little Jake's death, Lulu working in a whorehouse -- I squee'd so hard when I heard that Guza was gone.  It seemed like anything would be better than the dreck we'd been subjected to.  

Guza and his Jason obsession made me crazy. But the current writing makes me think "be careful what you wish for!" Granted, Jake dying was a bad story and Lulu in the whorehouse was laughable. So much bad under Guza's long tenure.

But seriously. We had the mob love with Guza, but now Sonny is still king, everyone is still getting thrown under the bus for St Jasus, Carly still does her infuriating Carly thing, even more mob crap .... and on top of that we have the unstoppable Legion of Doom, Nina and Franco, Kiki and Morgan being stupid assholes, Spinelli AGAIN, Maxie (and really everyone) with even fewer brain cells, the Qs still getting shit on, the Fluke shit that mercifully has ended. Ugh. So much bad packed into 3 short years.

And WHY can't that girl just go by Lauren? Why Kiki? Why?!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3
Most every character would be better off if they were killed off before RC took ahold of them.

That is why I wished that GH was cancelled long ago. It isn't like there is much original crew and cast pre RC are left, so why should I give a  shit that people that further ruined my favorite soap get to keep their jobs? They managed to either outright fire or chase away the only thing behind the scene that was keeping the show together, the supporting writing staff.

• Love 2

Ugh. So much bad packed into 3 short years.

I thought the first year or so of Ron's reign was fine to good, although certainly not perfect (Connie's neverending DID, anyone?).  But the balance has been off for over a year now.

• Love 6

Shonda kills off major characters, Ron holds them captive forever. Awww!

Can I just say I've been traveling back home to visit today and thought this was Scandal. It never occurred to me this was another of Shonda's shows. She kills off major people often.

OT: Ron has such bad ADHD that, IMO he can't focus enough to wrap up Robin's or any story.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Can I just say I've been traveling back home to visit today and thought this was Scandal. It never occurred to me this was another of Shonda's shows. She kills off major people often.

OT: Ron has such bad ADHD that, IMO he can't focus enough to wrap up Robin's or any story.

Yes she does. I'm hoping this latest nonsense she pulled will finally make some noise and she stops pulling this crap.

I don't know if it's Ron's attention span. I forgot what interview this was in, but he basically admitted he likes having Robin in his "back pocket" for dramatic purposes. That's all he sees her as.

Thanks Heatlifer and Ulkis for the updates - just wow !  Definitely a dopey kid.

About today's show - Baby AJ/Avery has to be the most beautiful baby who ever babied. The sight of her makes my usually black heart sing. 

• Love 3

Holy hell, could Geary look any more pissed?

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/genie-francis-and-tony-geary-reunite-emmys

GENIE FRANCIS AND TONY GEARY TO REUNITE AT EMMYS

By SOD • Posted: Apr 24, 2015

Longtime GH fans, rejoice! Luke and Laura — Tony Geary and Genie Francis — will appear together at the Emmys on Sunday, April 26 on PopTV. "It’s confirmed: Anthony Geary and @geniefrancis to reunite Sunday on #daytimeemmys on @poptv! #lukeandlaura," tweeted GH's Executive Producer Frank Valentini.

• Love 2

I had heard rumors about who the couple who would be reunited at the Emmys, and that they were GH related, and I was REALLY hoping it would be John Reilly and Sharon Wyatt (Sean & Tiffany), as with Sharon's health issues and it being 20 years since they were last onscreen together (save for Night Shift in 2008), that actually WOULD have been an emotional GH reunion. What a waste. 

• Love 1

I do expect that Genie will be making a visit to our GH screens.

From your keyboard . . .

Seriously, I would love trade 20 people currently on th show for even a week of Laura.   Genie looks amazing in those slimfast commercials, and Laura is not only needed on canvas but is actually part of GH history unlike Todd, Phyllis, Greenlee, etc,.

• Love 3

So at the Creative Arts Emmys last night, GH only won for best casting and makeup (that's a wee bit surprising) and Donna Mills was in a 3 way tie for Guest Performer with Ray Wise and Fred Willard. B&B took the majority it looks like.

• Love 1

So at the Creative Arts Emmys last night, GH only won for best casting and makeup (that's a wee bit surprising) and Donna Mills was in a 3 way tie for Guest Performer with Ray Wise and Fred Willard. B&B took the majority it looks like.

A 3-way tie, conveniently so all the "names" can get an award?  That's why no one takes the Daytime Emmys seriously.

• Love 4

Eh, at least TFGH didn't win for hair.  The amazingness of Anna & Jordan's and near-amazingness of Sabrina's hair doesnt makeup for the travesties of the rest of the cast.  Hell, I think the show should have any previous 'hair' wins taken away for allowing whatever the hell is sitting on Luke & Ric's heads.

Anyway, I'm convinced that Fin, Vin and Teresa somehow got clauses put into their contracts that GH's staff wasn't allowed to touch their hair.  Teresa must have traded the clause for a lower minimum because her airtime is down but her hair looks fantastic now.  

I'm also glad the show didnt win for lighting, set design, etc,.  I understand Uncle Frank is working with a limited budget, but the show looks so cheap now that I'd almost prefer every scene take place in front of a curtain and an on-screen caption tell us what the location is supposed to be.

• Love 5

Theresa just has goregous hair. Poor Hayley Erin. It's like they hired the same person who does the Tyra Banks "Ty Overs" and destroyed her for no reason. Kiki went from brunette to blonde for..... reasons?

Maybe it is Ty Ty doing the GH hair. If Bryan Craig sports a beard weave, we need to revolt.

We've had some awesome day players chose by MT. It's the contract players that Craptini pick that suck.

• Love 4

Chad deserves it and I'm so happy for him. I can only assume Frank and Ron are checking out his reel and are baffled that he left out Magic Milo 2014.

I finally found this obscure Pop/TVGN channel on Time Warner NY and this awards ceremony is pretty unbearable. WHERE LUKE AND LAURA AT

KT just tweeted "Not happy. Not happy at all." Hee, I wonder why? :P

Shut the hell up, Britt!

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Oh Kelly, being a sore loser on someone else's behalf is not a good look.

In fairness, is there a single aspect of their personal life or public presence that is right now?

• Love 7

I think it took divine intervention to get him an Emmy, so....

Or four soaps. Chad Duell and Kristen Alderson both have Emmys. Okay then.

(Nah, congrats to him. I'm not pressed, he probably had the best reel. It's just weird that these two having matching Emmys on the mantel.)

Oh Kelly, being a sore loser on someone else's behalf is not a good look.

She was for real? Awkward.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1