Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I don't know who has the better method, but JT makes up shit sometimes to pretend Patrick has a POV. He had an interview awhile back about how Patrick has reckless behavior and he wants to be wanted because Robin doesn't want him and on-screen he's just chillin'.

I'm sure he does - you have to at GH where there are so many holes.

Like that time he showed up on set, FV told him Patrick has had a drug addiction for months and then they rolled camera. What the fuck?

• Love 2

It's not a matter of kindness. I honestly do not think she's a bad actress, but I don't think she's ever really gone as deep as she could, even in her early days. I never saw her on Port Charles.

I think she's a good crier, and at times she can be funny, but mostly she mumbles. She can be adorable at times, and she has an army of fans who love her. I appreciated that she gave a nice shout out to Becky.

• Love 2

Oh FFS:

General Hospital has found its new Kiki Jerome. Former The Young and the Restless actress Hayley Erin (ex-Abby) will assume the role vacated by Kristen Alderson.

Erin played the role of Victor Newman (Eric Braeden) and Ashley Abbott’s (Eileen Davidson) daughter from 2008-2010 on the CBS soap. She was replaced by Emme Rylan, who now plays Lulu Spencer Falconeri on GH.

In story, mob princess Kiki Jerome is raising her baby sister Avery, while their mother—the ruthless Ava Jerome (Maura West)—is in prison for murder. Kiki is also reconnecting with ex-husband Morgan Corinthos (Bryan Craig), who also dated her mom.

LOL well I can't believe she's being credited with Abby, b/c she must have played her for a hott second. I have no memory of her so she must not have been too outstanding. It really isn't any kind of true Y&R "get".

• Love 2

In the two years she was on Y&R she only appeared on 67 episodes.  So I'm thinking Abby was in the stage of non-entity on the show (except if she was being used as a plot point for Victor doing something to her, Ashley or Brad), until she was re-cast with Emme's version of the internet Paris Hilton of Genoa City

Edited by jennifer6973

Oh Thank God.  I was so worried we would have to do without Kiki.  She adds so much to the show.

Sarcasm over.  I mean really?

And enough with the Y&R rejects. 

• Love 6

General Hospital has found its new Kiki Jerome. Former The Young and the Restless actress Hayley Erin (ex-Abby) will assume the role vacated by Kristen Alderson.

Not needed! Sorry but this news is just ridiculous. Kiki sucked and will suck no matter who plays her. Not surprising another misstep by iic

• Love 2

Oh gawd, you just know there's gonna be some cutesy scene between Lulu and Kiki now since both actresses played the same character on Y&R.

And what a shock, yet another former Y&R actor.

blerg. Seriously? Another Y&R actress? Another Abby? It's not like any of the Y&R actors have set this show alight. The heck?

I mean I'm in the better than KA camp here but way too take the laziest casting route possible.

Maybe they don't want to kill or get rid of the character because they know KA will be back eventually?

I can't believe they actually recast Kiki. Are they praying Kristen comes back and decides to take a cut? It's Kiki! She has literally no purpose.

Oh, they'd just make a third role.

But anyway this thought hadn't occurred to me and I AM DETERMINED TO LOVE HER NOW. EVERYBODY GET ON THE KIKI TRAIN. BEST RECAST EVER.

EVER!

I think she's a good crier, and at times she can be funny, but mostly she mumbles. She can be adorable at times, and she has an army of fans who love her. I appreciated that she gave a nice shout out to Becky.

KeMo is an excellent crier, but that does not an actress make. I also have a problem with her voice, the mumbling or the fact she sounds like she needs to clear her throat. Having said all that she is decent at what she does that's about it, I do love the shout out to BH because I am pretty sure she'd do great with some meaty material and they haven't really given her the chance in awhile.

• Love 2

Ugh I was hoping that having one less tie to the canvas would increase the chances of Ava being written out.

And I was hoping Carly was gonna be accused of Kiki's murder and Michael or Morgan would kill her in retaliation. Darn it!

• Love 6

Oh gawd, you just know there's gonna be some cutesy scene between Lulu and Kiki now since both actresses played the same character on Y&R.

Kiki: You know, sometimes I imagine being a mother, what it would be like, specifically to have a little girl.

Lulu: Really?

Kiki: Yeah. I even had a name picked out.

Lulu: What was it?

Kiki: Have you ever watched a soap called "The Young & the Restless"?

Lulu: I think I've heard of it. It's been the top rated soap for decades, right?

Kiki: Well, I watched it for years and I promised myself that if I ever had a girl, I'd name her after a character named Abby.

Lulu: Abby. I like that.

Kiki: I thought you would.

• Love 7

As Jamey Giddens (the GH Wurlitzer) pointed out on Twitter, Kiki is technically "mid-story" - just took on her mom's baby while she's in prison, sort of on the precipice with Morgan again. I personally think they could've whisked her offscreen overnight by having Kiki take the kid back to New York, and then reintroducing the baby solo later on. Kiki lifts right out! But they clearly have more to play - I suspect Avery is Morgan's after all - and it is possible NuKeeks is just a temp recast for that. I dunno, I'm praying.

• Love 4

It's kind of interesting that TPTB wanted KA out but have no trouble with the character of Lauren. I can separate the two, but that doesn't mean I don't think Lauren is utterly useless. A new actor will not change that fact. I can only hope this new person is a temp recast (as jsbt mentioned), and Ron and Frank wanted to spare KA the embarrassment of having her leave for "story-dictated" reasons. Someone they have no big investment in is easier to cut loose.

To say Lauren is "mid-story" is ridiculous no matter who plays her, though. WTF? SHE LIFTS RIGHT OUT.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I don't know if we'll ever know the whole story. I think Kristen's chosen explanation makes some sense (and could necessitate a quick recast if she'd suddenly said no to continuing on those grounds), but so could her refusing to take a pay cut - or a cut designed to make her say 'no' because the network didn't want her and Ron and Uncle Frank can no longer protect her, which is the claim floating around. Usually FV does that routine on people he actively wants out but wants to make it 'their decision'. I can't see him doing that to Kristen, but who knows. It's all a lot of stories. But I personally doubt there is much long-term story planned for Kiki without Kristen Alderson.

• Love 2

Yeah, to be fair, as jsbt points out, there is some stuff the show could see as having to be cleaned up before Kiki says adios.  Unlike, say, Sabrina, who is doing a fat load of nothing at the moment and literally could vanish and nobody would notice.  I don't totally agree - Nina's clearly getting out of the nuthouse soon so say Kiki wants to keep Avery away from her so she moves to NYC to live with Rox- I mean, Delia - but the argument can be made.

there is some stuff the show could see as having to be cleaned up before Kiki says adios.

I disagree. We heard today that Carly (!!) was taking care of Avery. The baby is the only thing that ties Lauren to the show, and IMO, that tie is tenuous. I really don't see any loose ends, which shows how poorly Ron integrated the character.

The thing that amuses me about the Kiki recast is simple--and acting-unrelated: Hayley Erin is borderline Amazonian (seriously, she was damn near Eileen Davidson's height during her Y&R stint), while Kristen Alderson is cute (in her way) and petite.  Unless she doesn't wear shoes, that's going to be a hilarious shift.  I do agree with the sentiment that Kiki is or has become largely extraneous, though...and that's before Carly apparently managed to tractor-beam Avery away from her.

The thing that amuses me about the Kiki recast is simple--and acting-unrelated: Hayley Erin is borderline Amazonian (seriously, she was damn near Eileen Davidson's height during her Y&R stint), while Kristen Alderson is cute (in her way) and petite.  Unless she doesn't wear shoes, that's going to be a hilarious shift.  I do agree with the sentiment that Kiki is or has become largely extraneous, though...and that's before Carly apparently managed to tractor-beam Avery away from her.

Heh. And on Y&R they went from that girl to 5'0 Emme Rylan.

That definitely squashes the rumor that she'd be going to B&B too--at least for now.  And it makes sense--she's lived her entire life in "the soap bubble," as she put it, and she's still young enough that the urge to try something new could be pretty strong.  So, hey, more power to her.