Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And of course, he, or whoever runs his twitter account, is RT'ing all his ex co-stars "leave him alone--he's 13!" tweets.  Sit down, Nicolas/Nicolas's stage parents.  You tweet a political opinion, you're going to get blowback, whatever your "age" is (age in quotes because I doubt the 13-yr-old is actually expressing those opinions).

Well, I tweeted back at him, and I'll tell ya something...I don't care that he's a kid (though I agree, and I believe one of his parents posted that)

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, lord. Keep your junior high school–style gushing about your boyfriend private, lldubs. You're an adult (supposedly™ Silas Clay now and forever).

You think that's bad, don't look at her Instagram.

29 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Why are we still interviewing JT about why he left? Who gives a fuck?

To be fair, there are a measly four soaps. Gotta fill the pages with something, even if the "news" is as stale as month-old bread.

• Love 3

Bye DZ!!

Watch this space for my drunk angry sad tweets later on!!

Just now, Cheyanne11 said:

Have we heard if they're re-casting?  

No, but I think they have to if just to send the character off-screen. I think his last scenes were taped the week of May 14. Unless Lulu just gets dumped via letter.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

To be fair, there are a measly four soaps. Gotta fill the pages with something, even if the "news" is as stale as month-old bread.

Oh, I get that. But it's time to ask him something else. What's his favorite snack is more revealing than why he left GH because he will never tell the entire truth anyway. That's why I don't care. 

7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm not surprised. I'm happy he finally realized how underused and undervalued he was.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm not surprised. I'm happy he finally realized how underused and undervalued he was.

I think he knew the whole time . . . he was just stuck in a three year contract. 

Lulu should leave with him. What is left for her, really? Her whole damn family is gone. And no, I'm not counting Carly and co.

And rumor is strong BM is up next . . . but no worries guys, we have Griffin.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I think he knew the whole time . . . he was just stuck in a three year contract. 

Lulu should leave with him. What is left for her, really? Her whole damn family is gone. And no, I'm not counting Carly and co.

Oh, I WISH Lulu was leaving. The character needs a rest and/or reset. But I doubt it. ER is staying, so blah.

BM and KeMo should both be next but I'm sleep.

• Love 1
(edited)
32 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lulu should leave with him. Like you said, there's no family here for her and there's no good reason Dante would leave his wife and kids. The only stumbling block is Charlotte and at the rate this show is going they will make up a lame reason for Valentin to win custody or do a retcon that Charlotte isn't actually Lulu's daughter. My fantasy wish is that Charlotte turns out to be biologically Lulu and Dante's daughter and so the four of them can leave together as a family in peace. Maybe they can go to France to live near Laura and Spencer.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6
On 6/13/2018 at 3:22 PM, statsgirl said:

Given how ugly the social media world is, whoever is running Nicholas Bechtel's official twitter account should be protecting him and avoiding that kind of controversy.  I don't know which side he's pro but tweeting anything political these days starts up a very ugly no-holds-barred fight.

His official twitter account should be about his co-workers and innocuous things.  If he wants to tweet differently to his friends set up a private account. He's far to young to be venturing into the muck.

I didn’t see the deleted tweet... but I’m not impressed by Joel Osteen RTs.

By deleting an opinion... it’s not valid at the end of the day. 

• Love 1

I think this is the way negotiations went.:

DZ: Frank, I'm leaving.

Frank: You've decided to re-sign! So glad! Just sign here.

DZ: No, I said I was leaving.

FV: Ah, hah, I see what you're getting at. (searches around in his pocket for a while, takes out a quarter and pushes it towards DZ) All for you, my favorite Falconeri.

DZ (takes the quarter and puts it in his pocket) I thought Lisa played your favorite Falconeri.

FV: She used to, but she's a Quartermaine now! We've totally re-built that family bigger and better than ever!

DZ: Hmm. Yeah, Anyway, I'm still leaving.

FV: Oh, I see what this is about! You want more scenes with Mo! Okay, we can arrange for Dante to be Avery's new nanny!

DZ: I gotta go. (walks out the door)

FV: How about Dante becomes Finn's service cop?? Fine, screw you ingrate.

• Love 15

I’m surprised that DZ is leaving. He’s always said that with a wife and kids he needed the stability of the soap salary & schedule. I guess he finally realized that he’s sorta (not) young at 35. I do wonder if they’ll have to recast eventually. Since, they already killed off Nathan I doubt they’ll do that with Dante. I guess he’ll go undercover somewhere and in 6 months or a year they’ll try someone new. I wish they get rid of ER. She plays & acts like a 12 year old. She does the curling of the lips and talks like a little girl. It is sooooo annoying since she’s in her 30’s. 

• Love 1

Maybe they'll recast Dante. DZ been underutilized for so long that I consistently forget he's still around. Welp best of luck to him. He's a good actor, hopefully he has some decent stuff lined up. I can see him heading back to Canada and working up there for a while. I enjoyed him on GH but he'll always be Mark from Edgemont to me. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I’m surprised that DZ is leaving. He’s always said that with a wife and kids he needed the stability of the soap salary & schedule. I guess he finally realized that he’s sorta (not) young at 35. I do wonder if they’ll have to recast eventually. Since, they already killed off Nathan I doubt they’ll do that with Dante. I guess he’ll go undercover somewhere and in 6 months or a year they’ll try someone new. I wish they get rid of ER. She plays & acts like a 12 year old. She does the curling of the lips and talks like a little girl. It is sooooo annoying since she’s in her 30’s. 

DZ is 39. :D I think it's more like the show wasn't using him, plain and simple, although DZ never wanted to be here until the lights went out. I imagine he kept staying cause he thought he might as well stay until the show got cancelled, but show keeps not getting cancelled, so.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

DZ is 39. :D I think it's more like the show wasn't using him, plain and simple, although DZ never wanted to be here until the lights went out. I imagine he kept staying cause he thought he might as well stay until the show got cancelled, but show keeps not getting cancelled, so.

I think he also saw RP leave and it gave him a push, too. RP is a little younger at 33 and has a lot of TV movies under his belt so he already had a head start. DZ has a different look so it’s anyone guess if he will make it or not. I was surprised with all the work Bryan Craig got when he left GH. He was an okay actor but I didn’t think I would see him but he’s been on a lot of shows. I’ve always thought it was crazy when actors leave good gigs for the unknown. In the real world we look for another job while still employed. Then if we get it we then give our 2 weeks notice. Of course, I don't think you can apply for another acting job while still working on the soap unless you know your contract is ending soon to accept the next role. 

DZ leaving is a blow, that's for sure, but I don't blame him. Dante hasn't had any focused story since the stupid affair with Valerie. There's nothing wrong with being a supporting actor, but Dante barely supports. 

Good luck, DZ! I'll miss your calm, natural presence.

• Love 8

I don't think RP leaving influenced him. I think it was just the lack of material and not wanting to be at GH any longer. DZ worked steadily before GH, just nothing long term. I'm sure he'll work again, but will he get something that goes on for multiple years, I don't know. He's old enough now to play the dad in teen shows, so maybe he can get something there.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Bye DZ!!

Watch this space for my drunk angry sad tweets later on!!

No, but I think they have to if just to send the character off-screen. I think his last scenes were taped the week of May 14. Unless Lulu just gets dumped via letter.

I am sad about the waste of Dom's talent on GH, but I'm happy for him that he has finally reached the point where he is ready to explore other options.  And I am four-letter-word pissed at the way GH wastes good actors and good characters.  

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't think RP leaving influenced him. I think it was just the lack of material and not wanting to be at GH any longer. DZ worked steadily before GH, just nothing long term. I'm sure he'll work again, but will he get something that goes on for multiple years, I don't know. He's old enough now to play the dad in teen shows, so maybe he can get something there.

I think DZ has thought about leaving for a long while now.  Like you, I don't think RP's exit influenced his choice. 

• Love 1

In the last three or four years we've lost TC, JT, RPW, RP and now DZ, and the common denominator between these five characters is that, for the most part, (Nik and Patrick's last year(s) notwithstanding), Nik, Patrick, Dillon, Nathan and Dante were decent or at worst morally gray leading men that, again for the most part, were committed to the women they were with and in good relationship standing with their girlfriends/wives. What are we left with now? Criminals and morally corrupt men that the show wants us to believe are romantic leading men and/or upstanding citizens. There's no balance on GH anymore.

• Love 14
(edited)

Actually, what's crazy is with RP, DZ and probably BM out there are barely any men in their 30s or early 40s. Chad is 30 going on 31, Matt Cohen is 35 and then the youngest actor in their 40s is DT at 45.

ETA: Hah, I forgot Wes Ramsey. He is 40. Sorry WR. Or am I?????

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Actually, what's crazy is with RP, DZ and probably BM out there are barely any men in their 30s or early 40s. Chad is 30 going on 31, Matt Cohen is 35 and then the youngest actor in their 40s is DT at 45.

ETA: Hah, I forgot Wes Ramsey. He is 40. Sorry WR. Or am I?????

Who are they going to pair with Lulu if ER stays/there is no DZ recast? God forbid a man or woman in Port Charles be single!

27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Its pretty grim.  And while not another guy, I have a feeling KeMo will follow BM out if he goes. This show is losing more main characters than TWD. 

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

Its pretty grim.  And while not another guy, I have a feeling KeMo will follow BM out if he goes. This show is losing more main characters than TWD. 

Who will be left of the GH we know if that happens? Carly, Sonny and Jason? (Actually, that does make a certain sort of macabre sense). We are down to barely any Q's and none that are seen on a regular basis, the only Spencer is Lulu, and the only Cassadines are Alexis and Valentin. And I'm still not convinced Valentin is a real Cassadine.

Edited by LexieLily
12 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

It's bad. ER's Lulu can't stand by herself. It's hard to believe she's been here for 5 years. Maxie is a shell of her former self. Liz is with Franco. Anna is isolated to Finn and Peter. Chad/Michael is where chemistry goes to die. Carsason are beyond played out, unless they do Jarly maybe. Chase is cute, but what is he gonna do? I guess there's Alexis and Julian. I hate Julian, but people seem to like them so maybe there's hope there.

• Love 12

I'm gonna quote @jsbt

I think it's more about death by a thousand cuts at this point. TG is gone. Scrubs are gone. Liz is another cornerstone. They're not going to keep this show going with Julexis, Jasam Mark II, Kiki, Morgan, Franco, Nina and yes, Michael Easton IV: The Search for Curly's Gold.

And that was from before the show lost JE and GF.

• Love 7

I feel for Chris Van Etten a bit. From the little I've seen that dude would like to do a better show and I think he has it in him, possibly with a stronger partner. But Frank is gonna Frank.

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

And rumor is strong BM is up next

I told y'all he'd be gone.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'll eat my hat if KM leaves with Miller, BTW. That girl wants to keep getting paid. Jason and Sam is a guaranteed free ride for her ad infinitum. That being said, she is unpredictable. I'd love it if Jason was denied Sam - and I prefer her with poor old Drew tbh. But unless she leaves it was always inevitable Miller was gonna get the rock in that triangle and exit. No way this show was gonna keep both long-term, no matter Frank's hopes and dreams. The show's Jason/Sonny equilibrium (and Steve) would not tolerate it.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/15/2018 at 2:07 AM, jsbt said:

I feel for Chris Van Etten a bit. From the little I've seen that dude would like to do a better show and I think he has it in him, possibly with a stronger partner. But Frank is gonna Frank.

I agree with this. I remember he said to someone in February he was gonna try to come up with stuff for Dante . . . Frank was probably all, forget about this obvious writes itself story for Maxie/Dante, we have Laura Wright's boyfriend.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:07 AM, jsbt said:

I told y'all he'd be gone.

BM's dagger eyes also told me this!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

tbh I think Dante and Maxie would be gross and bizarre. I couldn't get down with that.

I also like Van Etten's social media persona from what I've seen, although he's foolishly defended a few bad stories (Anna/Faison) and probably shouldn't put himself out there like that after l'affair Carlivati.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

tbh I think Dante and Maxie would be gross and bizarre. I couldn't get down with that.

I don't think they would have even have had to gotten romantic though . . . just weird emotional entanglement. I wouldn't support long term myself, since I am not much of a KSt or Maxie fan, but I think it would have garnered interest.

It's insane they never even had a scene though. He promised Cue Card he'd look after Maxie!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I don't know. She doesn't seem the same party girl anymore.

I mean, that to me would suggest she'd focus on continuing to cultivate the nest egg at GH. She's untouchable there now - nowhere else in the industry is going to offer her that kind of security. The time to bounce and try her luck was ten years ago. Or maybe she's decided she has enough money so fuck it. But again, I'd be shocked (and pleased for Sam for making a mature choice). Unless Kim McCullough comes back and says she is down for Jason/Robin and Steve agrees, the only thing that could break Jason and Sam is one of those two exiting again.

I just try to pretend nothing of the Ryan Paevey Years ever happened. I still can't believe that talking centerfold was on the show for so long and somehow both married and impregnated Maxie. Sure, RP was charming but the character was the literal embodiment of disposable love triangle foil. There was nothing there. I cannot believe Maxie and Lulu both have multiple-ass kids (or that Maxie even has one) and no lives. And yes, I'd write Dante and Lulu out together. Or beg DZ to stay and recast Lulu. That dude won't come back. He can get real work, he always has.

Is Ava still Griffin's charity penis project? Or do they not fuck? Everything about the male canvas on this show is insane, especially Baby Doc Griff and his weird affair with Crazy Ava.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, jsbt said:

And yes, I'd write Dante and Lulu out together. Or beg DZ to stay and recast Lulu. That dude won't come back. He can get real work, he always has.

I saw this comment: "If DZ had come from another soap instead of Battlestar Galactica, he'd have 16 children and 4 love interests." Heh.

The sad thing is I think FV probably did want DZ to stay, and probably all he had to do was put it in writing that DZ would get some story, but he couldn't bring himself to possibly push Easton/Howarth/Stuart to the side. To be fair to Frank (ugh) I think Burton and Benard (and possibly Laura Wright's lovah) are forced upon him.

You know what the craziest part of Nathan impregnating Maxie was? They actually wrote that before they knew RP was leaving. I thought for sure they wrote it afterwards.

Or maybe she's decided she has enough money so fuck it.

This is what I think. I hope so. I have no love for KMo, but anytime people ask where would she go I think "she doesn't have to go anywhere! To her scrooge mcduck tower to swim in her money!"

Is Ava still Griffin's charity penis project? Or do they not fuck? Everything about the male canvas on this show is insane, especially Baby Doc Griff and his weird affair with Crazy Ava.

Yes but Griffin and Kiki slept together so Ava wailing is nigh.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

The sad thing is I think FV probably did want DZ to stay, and probably all he had to do was put it in writing that DZ would get some story, but he couldn't bring himself to possibly push Easton/Howarth/Stuart to the side. To be fair to Frank (ugh) I think Burton and Benard (and possibly Laura Wright's lovah) are forced upon him.

Honestly, that stopped being an excuse for me like five years ago. He made the calls he's made and he knew some of the stuff he had to deal with from the beginning. He knew how to balance the show re: the mob and how to utilize Benard and even potentially Burton. Eventually it became far more important to him to play his favorites and work the casting circuit vs. CBS than to make a good show. He lost all perspective long ago, AFAIC. That's why the show is in the sorry state is in. Sonny, Jason and Carly are somehow the least of its immediate problems AFAIC. You can always reroute or even downshift them any time, you can end their bad stories - Guza did it when he got bored with Maurice or LW. And say what you will, at least two of those three have strong longtime fanbases from this show and can still deliver with good material. What do Wes Ramsey, Franco, ME #4, Griffin, ME's Brother/White Cop #2, Valentin, Emme Rylan, Nina, etc. have to offer?

If Frank gave a shit about keeping DZ he would've had real story years ago. He's been one of Frank and Ron's clueless male appendages who is not an outside star since 2012. FV wanted him to say he was there, maybe, but beyond that he could care less. As long as his favorites are there he could give a fuck. He has made that clear dozens of times.

24 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yes but Griffin and Kiki slept together so Ava wailing is nigh.

LMAOOOOOOOOOO. Remind me to watch that!

I can't believe any of those motherfuckers are still on this show except maybe Maura West who can act her way through literally anything.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What do Wes Ramsey, Franco, ME #4, Valentin, Emme Rylan, Nina, etc. have to offer?

Do you really think he gives a shit about keeping ER though? For some reason soaps anymore don't have the guts to simply let go of someone to send a couple off into the sunset. 

If Frank gave a shit about keeping DZ he would've had real story years ago. 

I do think they meant the cheating story to be one with actual substance. But JP was so incompetent they had to cut it early.

I can't believe any of those motherfuckers are still on this show except maybe Maura West who can act her way through literally anything.

Okay, I know you said that Frank shouldn't be cut some slack but he did try to get rid of motherfucker de Vry! He tried! the Dothraki the Julexis army the fans blocked him!

Edited by ulkis
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Do you really think he gives a shit about keeping ER though? 

I think he needs her as a female body to throw at someone - beyond that, no.

Okay, I know you said that Frank shouldn't be cut some slack but he did try to get rid of motherfucker de Vry! He tried!

the Dothraki the Julexis army the fans blocked him!

He did! Over and over again. At this point de Vry's many survivals just make me laugh. I can't believe he's still around. That's just good fun at this point though. That crazy fool feels like an old friend compared to the others.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

If Frank gave a shit about keeping DZ he would've had real story years ago. He's been one of Frank and Ron's clueless male appendages who is not an outside star since 2012. FV wanted him to say he was there, maybe, but beyond that he could care less.

It would be more accurate to say he couldn't care less; because if he cared less, that means he cares a little, and like you stated, he doesn't give any fucks about anyone except his favorites. Hence, couldn't care less. ?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5