Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

trying to shine up Valentin off the back of sick children is just...

It's gross. I don't get it. Why shine up Valentin in the first place? The custody story won't be improved by a kinder, gentler Valentin. Nina will still run hot and cold on him. Anna will still have her bizarre obsession with him. The rest of Port Charles will continue to not care. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

Why is Emma there?  She lives across the country and Anna just left town.

That's a promo pic, and Silzer is likely there as a rep of the younger portion of the cast.

22 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

what the heck is Nina doing there and not Dante?

Because DZ wasn't on set that day, probably.

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Exactly.  No disrespect at all to Shriners, but trying to shine up Valentin off the back of sick children is just...

And the "Some friend of Charlotte's we've never heard of before!" approach is also not great.

I has the stench of a "Very Special Episode" written all over it.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I really really need for ME to be McBain again.  And also take a seat, Maurice.  I kinda think he and TG whined to the network to 1.) Make Sonny the strong lead 2.) Create Fluke 3.) Get Ron fired.  

I need ME and RoHO to GTFO. 

And when Ron got himself fired - I wish he'd taken down FV with him

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Is Frank now employing the entire Silzer family?

To be fair (and I hate defending Frank, so...!), I believe Londyn had a part on Y&R before this, so it may not be charity here. (At least that's what I read since I don't watch Y&R.)

6 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Is Frank now employing the entire Silzer family?

That's happened on soaps for years--sometimes the kids on a show will have a sibling make a guest appearance in a bit part. Yeah, sometimes it results in a bigger part (see: the Aldersons on OLTL), but not always. I think it's fine.

That's happened on soaps for years--sometimes the kids on a show will have a sibling make a guest appearance in a bit part. Yeah, sometimes it results in a bigger part (see: the Aldersons on OLTL), but not always. I think it's fine.

It's probably just easier too - you are then dealing with a family/parents who know the drill and the crew; everyone is familiar and feels comfortable.  I'm guessing with young children that could be a big plus.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

...so they gave EW the entirety of what his appearance is going to be today?  Way to drive people to watch the episode, Frank. #eyeroll

I am so sick of Steve Burton's return and it's day one.  UGH!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

..so they gave EW the entirety of what his appearance is going to be today?  Way to drive people to watch the episode, Frank. #eyeroll

Eh, it's not like it's some enormous surprise Burton is back, and of course it's going to be the final two seconds of the episode. This is the show that "teases" a return and then has a "Steve Burton returns!" burst pop up. There's no effort whatsoever.

I can't understand why, when casting news gets out almost immediately, the writers still do this tease crap. The hardcore fans already know, and the casual fans likely don't care. Masked Dangerous Wheelchair Patient 6? Really? Gah.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I can't understand why, when casting news gets out almost immediately, the writers still do this tease crap. The hardcore fans already know, and the casual fans likely don't care. Masked Dangerous Wheelchair Patient 6? Really? Gah.

Seriously.  They did the same stupid thing with Brenda's last return.  They screamed, "BRENDA!!!!  BRENDA'S COMING BACK!!!!  TODAY IS THE DAY BRENDA IS COMING BACK!!!!" for weeks and weeks and weeks.  And then her first episode?  It's all shaky female hands and brunette locks and then the "big reveal" in the last two seconds that it was her, which we already knew.  Just...get on with it!

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Just...get on with it!

I KNOW. It's not like it makes any difference to the characters. The tease stuff is solely for an audience that already knows, so it's not even a tease anymore.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I KNOW. It's not like it makes any difference to the characters. The tease stuff is solely for an audience that already knows, so it's not even a tease anymore.

Seriously! And it was shot so horribly that it only emphasized SBu's existing lines and shadows, rather than his actual blue eyes. If the audience hasn't been paying attention to promos, they wouldn't necessarily be thinking, "OMG it's real Jason!" 

• Love 3

From SOD.  This is my unamused face (if you could actually see my face):

GH confirmed on social media that ONE LIFE TO LIVE fan fave Jessica Tuck, who played Megan from 1988-92, is joining the show. She will debut on Wednesday, September 20.

Who the heck could Jessica Tuck be playing?

She's great - I wasn't watching OLTL when Megan was alive so I know her more from "Judging Amy" re-runs and, of course, as the fabulous Nan on "True Blood - but I feel like she's totally going to be wasted a la JDP and Jennifer Bassey.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Who the heck could Jessica Tuck be playing?

She's great - I wasn't watching OLTL when Megan was alive so I know her more from "Judging Amy" re-runs and, of course, as the fabulous Nan on "True Blood - but I feel like she's totally going to be wasted a la JDP and Jennifer Bassey.

I'm excited, but we all know she will bang Sonny. 

And dude.  Come on.  Two, maybe three Jasons and now two Carlys?  I can't even.  What's next,  two Sonnys?

She is a mess. But the whole show is so WTF

According to SID, Jessica Tuck is playing

jewel fence Cassandra Pierce

in a storyline involving Anna, Finn and Valentin I am definitely not watching. As she is from Frank's own OLTL there is also another cute video intro to her.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Bringing back TB is interesting in the light of the fact that LW's contract is being renegotiated. I don't think TB is coming as Carly but I can't help but wonder if her minimums will at least go down a bit. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

The whole bringing Steve Burton back! bringing Tamara Braun back! Jessica Tuck! Exciting! Shiny! reeks of desperation.  If only they realized that better writing and less emphasis on the same old characters and same old storylines would do wonders.

• Love 7

Jessica Tuck isn't there to hook anyone, she doesn't have much cachet with daytime viewers today. She's just there (and doesn't need the work, AFAIK - she gets around) because Frank felt like it.

I didn't know that about Laura's contract. This could well be a message to her. I think it's pretty clear Tamara is playing someone new, but they could turn around and slot her back in as Carly at any time. I don't think they will, but the threat is implicit.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

That picture of JT and JdP is a GEM.

6 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Jessica Tuck isn't there to hook anyone, she doesn't have much cachet with daytime viewers today. She's just there (and doesn't need the work, AFAIK - she gets around) because Frank felt like it.

It's been ages since she was on OLTL. Plus, she's recurring and in a story that's B level tops.

• Love 2

As senior vice-president for CBS Daytime she helped develop the Let's Make a Deal reboot that took the place of cancelled soap opera Guiding Light. Soon after, The Talk replaced As The World Turns under her stewardship. 

It sounds like her specialty is killing soaps and replacing them with cheap-to-make talk and game shows.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

According to SID, Jessica Tuck is playing

Reveal hidden contents

jewel fence Cassandra Pierce

in a storyline involving Anna, Finn and Valentin.

Huh.  Jessica Tuck opposite Finola Hughes maybe could be fun?  But I was already predisposed to dislike this story so girlfriend's got work to do.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

:facepalm: I didn't look at the whole page and when you said JT I thought it was Jason Thompson, heh.

He was so handsome back then. I would argue he actually made the mullet work in his favor, which NEVER happens. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

What's next,  two Sonnys?

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!!  ;)

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The whole bringing Steve Burton back! bringing Tamara Braun back! Jessica Tuck! Exciting! Shiny! reeks of desperation.

DAYS OF OUR LIVES has apparently been gaining viewers recently.  I suspect that the recent flop sweat moves are a panicked attempt to try and stave off DOOL knocking GH down to last place.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Also, this:

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2017/09/19/barbara-bloom-joins-general-hospital-writing-staff

Sounds like a bad idea, but it's whatever at this point. Although why not just cancel the show instead of hiring this woman who seems to have nothing in particular to recommend her.

When she was at CBS Daytime, word is that she was the driving force behind the final horrible years of As the World Turns. But, according to what I've read, she's going to be writing breakdowns, not a place to inflict any real damage.  And I guess she's got to earn a living:)

Edited by wonderwoman