Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Probably not, because Sonny and Jasus only kill "bad mobsters".  I don't think they ever killed an established character onscreen until AJ. And honestly, other mobsters are fair game, AJ wasn't.

I like MW, but Ava is a mess of a character and I resent the fact that she and her pointless daughters are still on GH when AJ, who had much more story potential, is gone.  Not only that, her murder of Connie was pointless, which made AJ's death doubly pointless. RC liked to pull these idiotic, "shocking twists" without thinking out the long-term consequences

That's my issue, I don't think her life is worth what the show lost. I don't think Ava (the character, not the actress) was a good trade for AJ and the ties he had to the canvas, the chemistry he had with his co-stars and the potential story he had just by virtue of being AJ Quartermaine

Oh hell no, no way no how are Ava, Kiki, Nina, Griffin, Andre, Franco, nor Dr Finn McSilasbain better than AJ.  I'd trade Julian for him too if possible.  SK as AJ IMO made the perfect foil for Sonny, match for Carly, potential match for a bit of other women on canvas.  Killing AJ Quartermaine was stupid because it accomplished nothing long lasting.  It's the show again telling us it's Spring when it's Christmas time.  It makes the writers, Frank, and the actors look stupid.  Just unring the bell and say he's alive. 

• Love 2

Britt could be a legit part of some of the current stories, but there's no need to bring her back simply because of that. Olivia should be a part of the Dante/Lulu story, and we haven't seen LiLoC for ages. She's on contract!

The show has way, way too many characters, and it doesn't properly use 95 percent of them. Let's not add yet one more.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

A little something to make jsbt's head explode: 

http://www.soapoperaspy.com/2016/general-hospital-news-kelly-thiebaud-dishes-on-possible-return-to-gh-continues-negotiations-with-abc-soap/

A surely unpopular opinion, but I could see using the character for a brief story when they reintroduce Nikolas.

Haus Nutmegs does the happy dance...

I'm not sure. They wrote Britt off because Nik was going to press charges for faking Spencer's kidnapping. Of course, that was the High and Mighty Prince before he faked his own death (twice?) and had Spencer cover his tracks, so the moral ground is leveled. I  know she want on the lam with her dad, but beside her mom, do others know or care?

They may bring her back if it means a (wrapup?) storyline with her mom. There is also her brother, and her brother's true father.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Britt could be a legit part of some of the current stories, but there's no need to bring her back simply because of that.

I think it'd be some amusing karmic justice if Britt found Nikolas, nursed him back to health, and basically Mary Bishop-ed him.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I think it'd be some amusing karmic justice if Britt found Nikolas, nursed him back to health, and basically Mary Bishop-ed him.

I don't like Brit that much, but this makes me laugh.  Plus, Sabrina needs to be mocked.  But come on Second Kelly, not signing a contract?  Lol too busy running Brydawg's fan page?  

I like Britt, but unless she's going to have scenes with Brad I don't care if she comes back. I feel like the ship has sailed on her. But I loved the Britt/Brad friendship and I'm still pissed that she didn't even get a mention at Lucas/Brad's 'wedding.'

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I would be ok with Britt making a one scene return if she slaps Nik and Liez and then takes her mother, brother, and Brad with her when she leaves. 

You forgot "and cousin Nina".

• Love 6

I liked Britt, too. Kelly T. and Tyler had chemistry, and I think she and Nikolas could have had a legit romance between two morally gray people trying - and sometimes failing - to rise above their insane families and their worst instincts. Until their story became all about Spencer and his shenanigans. I think Britt's moment has passed, though.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Is LiLoC still on contract? I thought she would have had to be moved to recurring for all that she's on.

Yeah, I agree. I think she's probably off contract despite what the credits stay. And if she is, Frank probably gave her a John J. York style contract. (He's not on one anymore, I'm talking about the one he had under Guza.)

As for the possible return of Kelly T., I say bring it. What if she accidentally sees the monitor during a Kiki/Morgan sex scene? Oh yes, bring it on, I say.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
On 8/10/2016 at 9:27 AM, Oracle42 said:

I think RoHo fans and some Liz/Jason fans have championed the pairing for their own reasons but viewers that are genuinely excited about it? I dunno

This LizFF hates Elizabeth being used to prop Franco and HateChel.

• Love 2
On 8/10/2016 at 6:40 PM, Francie said:

I have a journalism degree.  I worked for a newspaper and edited a trade column for years. But no matter how many long-wonded posts I wrote here and elsewhere, I'm certainly no "soap journalist."

Neither is Jamey. He's a sycophant with a website, and a handful of email addresses and phone numbers. What he does doesn't even rise to the level of fluffing. 

Jamey and DC folks cover daytime, primetime, movies etc... so, I would not say he is just a "soap journalist."

On 8/11/2016 at 7:29 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Yep. And the same for some BH fans. It doesn't surprise me that there a some very vocal supporters of Franco/Liz. But honestly I think they're literally the only ones liking them.

FV needs some serious help. There's delusional and then there's him.

I want Elizabeth with a new man and that IS not some moronic serial killing rapist.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

That brings me to a question I've never had the chance to ask - where does the Thighbolt nickname come from?

It's a joke about how no one could ever spell her last name right.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Darklazr said:

Jamey and DC folks cover daytime, primetime, movies etc... so, I would not say he is just a "soap journalist."

Sorry, my emphasis wasn't on the word "soap." It was on the word "journalist." He's no journalist, soap or otherwise.

Jamey "covers" by flattery and affectation. If he actually was a journalist and commented on the merit, social impact, or the like, they'd delete his email and phone number faster than Ron could hit the block function on Twitter.

He ain't Siskel. He ain't Ebert. He ain't the ladies from serial drama. He ain't even Dave from http://moviecriticdave.blogspot.com.  Actually I have nothing against Dave from Dave's blogspot.com. It's just the first what I found upon googling.  And considering that the entire first paragraph I read was in full and complete sentences, I feel  pretty confident in my assessment. 

30 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Even back then Laura got short shrift.

The poster is from after she left. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Francie said:

The poster is from after she left. 

That's not her on the left, with the long blond hair?  Can't place who else that might be.  Oh, maybe Felicia?  Been a loooonnng time!  

1 hour ago, Fellaway said:

That's not her on the left, with the long blond hair?  Can't place who else that might be.  Oh, maybe Felicia?  Been a loooonnng time!  

No, that is Laura. With Scott and his old hairdo.  :-P

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

No, Heather was a darker blonde, I think. Still 99.9% sure it's Laura.

I thought it was Laura at first too, before Francie mentioned that the poster was from after GF left. After creepily pressing my face towards my screen it looks like Heather. I know this show has always given Laura the shaft in comparison to Luke, but it wouldn't make sense for them to put a picture of Laura and Scotty together and not Luke and Laura; I was really confused there but was just like, okay, I guess the promo people in the 80s didn't care much either.

• Love 3

It looks a lot like an old still of Kin and Robin Mattson to me. Also relevant, the fact that Scott appears to be holding the woman by her neck, i.e. his complicated relationship with Heather. It appears to be a period poster from the Emma Samms Robert/Holly/Luke era, when Laura wasn't around, hence Holly, Luke and Robert at the top of the heap. If Genie was around they wouldn't relegate her to a corner picture with Scott.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

bryan_craig: Selling my beautiful 06 corvette with 32,000 miles for $29,500. Need to sell quick . Contact me if interested

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI8b6sYg-tl/?taken-by=bryan_craig

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

No, that is Laura. With Scott and his old hairdo.  :-P

That's heather. 

I love think Genie was on contract with CBS at the time that poster was issued. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

The thing about coming out stories is I totally don’t care about coming out stories. Sorry. Obviously sometimes they’re needed, but good lord, I am bored to death with people talking about their sexuality. What I want is to watch them live it instead. 

I completely agree with this. I have rarely found the actually coming out part of a coming out story to be interesting. I don't really know if it would've made sense in this situation, but I wouldn't have been upset if Kristina had just been like "OK, well I guess I might like girls now, and I also like guys...so lets just go with it and see what happens." Not everyone has emotional dramatic experiences when it comes to coming out/exploring their sexuality. 

• Love 8

Ah, yes. How clearly I remember watching the Kristina abuse storyline and scratching my head in confusion. “What?” I cried. “Sonny Corinthos’ daughter falling for a violent, controlling dickhead? Alexis Davis’ daughter making terrible romantic choices? How can this be!?” Except no, I said the opposite of that because LITERALLY NOTHING HAS EVER MADE MORE SENSE.

Fucking seriously!  So she was making bad choices in her romantic life.  That's pretty much every female character in Port Charles!  Are they all also struggling with their sexuality?

That said, I did like Frank talking about Kish in the After Ellen interview, though his "We didn't care!" comment about some of the flack they got about the Big Gay Wedding rings a little false considering how soon after they were scapegoated off the show.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

That said, I did like Frank talking about Kish in the After Ellen interview, though his "We didn't care!" comment about some of the flack they got about the Big Gay Wedding rings a little false considering how soon after they were scapegoated off the show.

I definitely rolled my eyes at that part. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there, Frank.

• Love 3

Someone summed up a new MB interview with Michael Logan:

Michael Logan says for a guy who is GH's star, you sure get a lot of gripes.

Mo says he's heard the criticism (Sonny never pays. They are making him a saint. Too many kids) but you can't please everybody, even when it's true. Sometimes he looks at a script and knows he's going to get killed by the audience "Here comes Sonny to save the day "
ML says Sonny is unstoppable and unkillable. Has it been hard to find foes?

Mo says they come and go, but now Sonny is really scared for the first time in his life. It's because of Julian. They just finished shooting something where Mo thought ...wow, this is serious. He's a psychopath. He'd slit Sonny's throat if he had the chance.

ML asks whether Sonny was really as understanding as he seemed when he found out that Kristina had an affair with Parker

Mo says no. He thinks Sonny does have a problem with it but his love for Kristina outweighs it. He wishes the writers had done more with it. He wanted an in-depth discussion about whether Kristina is gay, bi or "whatever". That would've been interesting. But embarrassing for Kristina.

ML says...doesn't Sonny need another "red-hot romance"? His marriage to Carly feels like a "placeholder".

Mo says they put him with a lot of actresses but only Laura and Vanessa have stuck with viewers. It's hard to make it work. He's not saying they shouldn't try but the audience is like Sonny's mother. Nobody's good enough.

lol MB that's not why people don't like the pairings.

You can't please everyone, even when it's true? What?

Even MB knows Sonny wasn't a-ok with one of his kids being gay.

What the hell is going on with Julian already.

• Love 7

Eh, the problem with Sonny's pairings started when they hooked him up with Carly, IMO. Putting a destructive woman with a destructive man and KEEPING them both destructive was tiring and didn't do them any favors. A character like Sonny needed someone who wanted him to be BETTER. Sonny needed heart. 

And don't even get me started on the string of women they hooked him up with after and during Carly. Sonny just became a user.

• Love 1

Meh. Sonny has always been a sleazy asshat. He joined the show as a sleazy "adult" lounge owner. He dealt drugs to clients of any age. He had a teen Stone doing shady shit for him. And manipulated a troubled teen Karen Wexler(smart girl,  a drunk for a mother and was being sexually abused by her mother's long time scumbag boyfriend) into dancing at his club. Giving her drugs/alcohol to get her to work and sleep with him. He was pretty obsessed with trying to control her. When she tried to end things with him, he put a damn hit out on her and Jagger.

And when Scott found out about Karen, he was horrified by her childhood. Her mother never told him that she was pregnant.  And so what does Sonny do? He blames Scott for all of Karen's bad childhood and teens. He did it for YEARS.  He would throw Karen's childhood and abuse in Scott's face every chance he got. 

The man is scum. Brenda wanted Sonny to be a better man. But he would rather have power. Sonny was and always has been a user of people. Women in particular. I don't understand why people in PC just don't randomly shout "Karen Wexler, remember what you did to her, asshole! I haven't forgotten, mother f@€ker!" whenever that asshat starts lecturing on right and wrong, good and evil or how about anything?

I would love to have Scotty get pissed at some sweet father daughter public scene with Scummy and Kristina.  Just have Scott publicly call Scummy out for what he did to Karen. And make sure that Kristina (and Molly and Joss) hear every single detail. Hard to put a positive spin on Sonny's time with Karen. 

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 20