Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

unless GH recasts the Holiest of Hitmen AGAIN and just ignores the change in physical features next time.

If Jason is recast, why should they need to explain his different face, when they didn't have to for the numerous recasts for Carly? Assuming of course, they don't have another explosion, which means another plastic surgery.

• Love 2

If Jason is recast, why should they need to explain his different face, when they didn't have to for the numerous recasts for Carly? Assuming of course, they don't have another explosion, which means another plastic surgery.

Normally, they wouldn't. But since BM was cast, there have been a few mentions of his change in appearance. Dumb, but the show did it for whatever reason. So assuming there is another recast, just recast - as you said - and ignore the changes this time.

The show kind of had to acknowledge his change in appearance, given the story.  Otherwise, how were they going to sell no one knowing who he is? 

True. But this is also the same genius town that never knew Maxie was pregnant with a pillow and has Sonny and Morgan Corinthos - non-brain trusts - as residents, so was it really necessary?  :-P

• Love 1

Normally, they wouldn't. But since BM was cast, there have been a few mentions of his change in appearance. Dumb, but the show did it for whatever reason. So assuming there is another recast, just recast - as you said - and ignore the changes this time.

That's because he was in an accident and had plastic surgery. Just like Steven a la Dynasty when Jack Coleman took over the role.  He had Steve Burton's face when he escaped with Robin, even though we never saw his head, but then he Ava? hit him with her car, which I assume messed up his face.  

Not even lying. I think Uncle Frank put those mentions in to keep Billy in the gym. Same thing with the Fat AJ stuff.

So if Mr. Miller's pilot does take off, then I expect they'll announce he was actually playing AJ, who actually ordered the hit on Jasus Almighty because evil, fat, weak, drunk reasons. AJ also purposely lied to his son, mom, etc. And he made Sabrina's behbeh for Carlos because dammit AJ is teh evul. And this time Morgan will kill him, and then Michael will apologize for being created from Ew AJ. The town will erect a statue of Sonny in the town because ratings. Squee. FallinlovewithGH.

• Love 1

There are two instances on OLTL where this was ignored:

1. In 1990, James DePaiva left OLTL. His character, Max Holden, was presumed dead in a car crash. Instead, he was badly burned and forced to get plastic surgery--ending up in the form of Nicholas Walker. Max originally came back calling himself Matt Kingston, hiding his identity from his loved ones until it finally came out. All of this was erased when JDP returned in late 1991. The face change literally never came up again.

2. In 1991, Japanese-American actress Mia Korf (she's half-Japanese) joined OLTL as Blair Daimler (later Blair Cramer). It was a plot point that her mom was raped by a Japanese orderly in a mental institution, resulting in Blair, and that she had once worked as a Japanese interpreter. She left in early 1993, and was recast later that year with Kentucky born (and sounded like it), blonde-haired, green-eyed Kassie DePaiva (then Wesley). With the exception of at least three inside jokes on the show about this change, the race issue surrounding Blair never came up again, and I assume her biological father was merely changed to being a white orderly.

My point being: There have been recasts in the past on soaps where looks played a part of the plot in the past, but were ignored when casting the role with something else. It could certainly happen again here. 

• Love 4

GH has done it a couple times:  when the role of Karen Wexler was recast, there was one line when she encountered Jason (after the brain damage) for the first time and she said, "Robin told me you wouldn't recognize me." And in one of the Lucky recasts, Luke made a comment about how he hadn't seen Lucky for a while and he looked like a different man. And that was it. I think the audience is pretty forgiving, as long as they're invested in the story and, therefore, the character.

• Love 3

GH has done it a couple times:  when the role of Karen Wexler was recast, there was one line when she encountered Jason (after the brain damage) for the first time and she said, "Robin told me you wouldn't recognize me." And in one of the Lucky recasts, Luke made a comment about how he hadn't seen Lucky for a while and he looked like a different man. And that was it. I think the audience is pretty forgiving, as long as they're invested in the story and, therefore, the character.

Yes, but those characters didn't have something happen where their face/ethnicity was an important part to their plot or character. The characters I cited did, and those plot points were dropped with the recasts.

• Love 2

Yes, but those characters didn't have something happen where their face/ethnicity was an important part to their plot or character. The characters I cited did, and those plot points were dropped with the recasts.

Fair point, UYI, and I'll admit to not reading carefully and not picking up on that part of your post. However, I think we can agree that the audience will accept/forgive a lot if there's a good story and a good actor. 

• Love 3

Oh no...this probably means Dillon will sing at the Nurses' Ball...

*cries*

I just realized something: you just know that if Kristen Alderson were still around she would have volunteered/been recruited for that video. I am in mourning and relieved at the same time.

I doubt he will sing but he will probably be in Magic Milo. bah between him, Nathan, and Milo it's gonna be like this creepy waxdoll dancing fest.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Give people decent stories and they'll likely not leave. I can't imagine there's any creative fulfillment happening at GH. It's not even about the usual ebb and flow of stories. NONE of them are challenging for anyone, actor or viewer.

The stories suck to the point of embarrassing the actors trying to make them work, and they aren't even given time to rehearse anymore.   I think the ones who do stay do it for the security and/or have other projects on the side for actual creative fulfillment.   JT is fleeing, and that is totally understandable.

Another thing that drives me crazy is how the show runners seem to get all bent out of shape if an actor leaves or gets a gig somewhere else - like, "geez, that's a big PROBLEM for us now!"   No, it's part of your job to be able to write exits for characters that make sense and aren't shitty, and to do it without blaming the actors for not being available.  

• Love 16

*small voice* KT looks cute in the picture. *small voice*

*smaller voice* I still kinda wouldn't mind if Britt came back as she could a) tear through Sabrina's hypocritical paternity lie just for fun and b) kick Nikolas in his hypocrite balls and then take Rebecca Budig out for drinks *smaller voice*

• Love 8

I saw part of Full House last night (SHUT UP), the one where DJ is having trouble in Spanish, and her teacher was played by a brunette Lydia Cornell (the normally blonde actress best known as Sara on Too Close for Comfort). With the dark hair she looked a LOT like KT, but shorter.

• Love 1
a) tear through Sabrina's hypocritical paternity lie just for fun

It would be too soon for Britt to judge Sabrina; at least Sabrina is having some guilt about her lies. Britt was upset only because her lies were uncovered.

Britt can definitely kick Nik in the balls, though. Any woman who knows him has the right to do that, even Liz. Maybe especially Liz.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

She does look cute. Very natural. Younger looking than she usually does.

Yeah, she always seemed to look best on the show when she was more deglammed (i.e. the day Britt was volunteering for that kids' camp and wore jeans and a purple t-shirt).  They stuck her in some weird dresses.

It would be too soon for Britt to judge Sabrina; at least Sabrina is having some guilt about her lies. Britt was upset only because her lies were uncovered.

Well maybe she could decide to help Sabrina cover up her lies, while shading her and Felix all the while.

• Love 2

KT probably did it. She got him a chocolate Emmy, after all.

Nah, if she did it, it probably would have been in the shape of an Emmy. 

William deVry þ@WilliamdeVry1 · 1h1 hour ago

Yes, I've been. Yes, it's Paris France. No we don't air there. Yes, we have fans there. No, we are not shooting there.

William deVry þ@WilliamdeVry1 · 1h1 hour ago

Okay folks. I've laid the Paris, France egg. Time to get off Twitter...More Info 2 Follow. #GH Actors will visit. Press/Media/Events.

Oh Will. No need to tell us that GH isn't going to shoot there.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

Nah, if she did it, it probably would have been in the shape of an Emmy. 

Oh Will. No need to tell us that GH isn't going to shoot there.

GH VIEWER:  "I didn't realize that Paris was so... grey..."  ;)

• Love 11

So Elizabeth is one crazy bitch at this point! But her boys are still adorable and so is this.

That kid playing Aiden has always seemed lively any time he shows up every fifteen years and there is an obvious rapport with him and the other two. If they gave those kids more natural stuff they might be more winning onscreen like they are here. And I've always found the kid playing Undead Jake to be pretty naturalistic honestly, in that he isn't an actor, isn't trying and therefore is getting less and less wooden IMO - he seems to loosen up with Billy Miller too. He just seems chill to me.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

And I've always found the kid playing Undead Jake to be pretty naturalistic honestly, in that he isn't an actor, isn't trying and therefore is getting less and less wooden IMO - he seems to loosen up with Billy Miller too. He just seems chill to me.

But his hair. :(

Although given my favorite character the past couple of years has been Stumpy Mcgoldchains, I guess I shouldn't be so critical of hairstyles. Especially when they're 10 years old.

• Love 3