Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I get the sentiment, but I think if one LIKES these actors, then they should remain FAR FAR AWAY from this shithole.

The fact that you also hate Ned is influencing you to say this here too, I'm sure. :P

• Love 1

He does.  I wish he would have been fired when his buddy RC got canned.  Hopefully when the time comes these two new awful writers will be fired right along side him.  There have got to be better people out there.

There ARE no better people im the soap world. And they're not going to hire new blood. Anyone they get would have been fired --probably multiple times -- by other soaps.

Maybe I'm petty but this makes me happy. So the The lackluster convoluted Jakeson reveal, to much Carson and family, more weak pathetic mob stories, Bryan Craig Emmy tour and the sorry writing/storytelling haven't increased rating. GH isn't kicking ass and people aren't falling in love with GH? Who would think the above crap wouldn't gain or retain viewers.

They deserve the stupid ratings for not showcasing vets or core families (Corinthos don't count). They ignore good actors for Bryan freaking Craig. They destroy decent characters like Dante. Lucas is nonexistent.

The writing is shit. The production is shit. The whole show is shit.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 16

Isn't JJ pretty short though? I feel like he's even shorter than Dante.

I think they may be around the same height. 

I'm kinda with jsbt, I can't see them replacing Valentini vs. just scrapping the show altogether.  He does the most important thing they want him to do - keep the show under budget.

Does he, still, though? Maybe he's not as good at it anymore. Otherwise Nina and Franco wouldn't be here, taking up space and probably a good chunk of cash.

• Love 2

I get the sentiment, but I think if one LIKES these actors, then they should remain FAR FAR AWAY from this shithole.

True. I was just thinking I wanted Ned to whisk Olivia away.

• Love 4
Sake614    There ARE no better people im the soap world. And they're not going to hire new blood. Anyone they get would have been fired --probably multiple times -- by other soaps.

Au contraire:  there is Sri Rao:

tristanrogers ‏@tristanrogers  Nov 19

On the set at GH.  Having a great time.  Brings back many memories.

Sri Rao ‏@SriRaoNYC  Nov 20

@tristanrogers Have a great time. Can't wait to see what's in store!

tristanrogers ‏@tristanrogers  Nov 20

@SriRaoNYC Hey bud.  Still looking for that project for us.

Sri Rao

‏@SriRaoNYC

.@tristanrogers That project could be #GH if only they would hire me!

• Love 11

Isn't JJ pretty short though? I feel like he's even shorter than Dante.

According to IMDB, JJ is 5'9'', which I guess is short for a guy. Google says that DZ is 5'8'', so JJ's Lucky would be an inch taller than Detective Stumpy, but since he's so slight it might balance out.

I have something potentially unpopular to say about Sri Rao.  I thought his season of "Night Shift" was good, but there is a huge difference between arcing out a close-ended 13-episode series with, from what it sounds like, little network interference and what the job as GH's head writer would entail.

• Love 4

According to IMDB, JJ is 5'9'', which I guess is short for a guy. Google says that DZ is 5'8'', so JJ's Lucky would be an inch taller than Detective Stumpy, but since he's so slight it might balance out.

Oh, both of those heights have to be sweet lies. DZ is 5'7 max, and I'm willing to bet he may actually be 5'6.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
TeeVee32921 minutes ago

I have something potentially unpopular to say about Sri Rao.  I thought his season of "Night Shift" was good, but there is a huge difference between arcing out a close-ended 13-episode series with, from what it sounds like, little network interference and what the job as GH's head writer would entail.

Well all of these "veteran" writers are so used up and burnt out that they can't write a damn story arc that makes any sense or has plot holes that an 18 wheeler couldn't drive through unscathed...  Their go to for GH is now to write every freaking character that was worth anything totally OOC and then proceed to dismantle said character.   Sri is a writer/director/producer who has his own company and that gives him a newer-blood-with-a-leg-up on what we have had for many years on GH as writer, director or effing producer.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 7

If ABC was smart (heh, just cracked myself up!) they would look at talent from Web soap operas. That's where Martha Byrne went after leaving ATWT. Who does that Winterthorne series that Kirsten Storm is on? Just saying, there are other avenues they could explore for BTS talent instead of recycling thru all the same people who fucked up their last shows and got fired.

• Love 5

If ABC was smart (heh, just cracked myself up!) they would look at talent from Web soap operas. That's where Martha Byrne went after leaving ATWT. Who does that Winterthorne series that Kirsten Storm is on? Just saying, there are other avenues they could explore for BTS talent instead of recycling thru all the same people who fucked up their last shows and got fired.

I've always thought they should seek out the Prospect Park AMC/OLTL writers.  They were good.

• Love 9

Knowing FV he'd keep Wally offscreen a good year after his "disloyalty". But who knows. I'm over Ned and Olivia (or Olivia, really) at this point.

I was thinking that but he let him on-screen to dump Olivia, so who knows.

The dude who played Matt on OLTLPP needs to take Brydawg's job.

I did like Robert Gorrie as Matthew.  But at this point, I'd rather Morgan get hit by Rock's spikier cousin and is parked off-screen for a while.

• Love 5

I have two thoughts on this:

1. The Corinthos Effect strikes again.

2. What, you mean writing off the entirtety of the Liz fans didn't result in ratings gold? Whocouldanode?

Well, Liez has had Jason for a year, and it did nothing for ratings. They got a bump when offline folks thought all of the Jason story was coming out at the non-wedding and when that didn't happen, they bounced. At least, that's what I've heard from friends who don't follow the show online. They were super pissed the lies didn't come out.

• Love 3
The writing is shit. The production is shit. The whole show is shit.

T-shirt worthy!!

IMDB is to actors like my driver's license is to my weight.

I'd take a good 2 inches off of both of them.*

*That just sounds so much dirtier than I mean.

• Love 5

When did Sri become interested in a full time soap writing gig?? I'd hire him in an instant but I wonder if he really wants it or is just kidding around with his friend Tristan? He's always maintained that he did not want the grind of writing full time.

• Love 1

When did Sri become interested in a full time soap writing gig?? I'd hire him in an instant but I wonder if he really wants it or is just kidding around with his friend Tristan? He's always maintained that he did not want the grind of writing full time.

He doesn't appear to have anything going on at the moment so maybe he just wants a job, any job.

• Love 1

Let the speculation for new EP begin!

I fear they'll tap Gary Tomlin. He's no longer has anything to do, right? Ugh.

I wonder if they'd make the same mistake that they did with Gloria Monty and try to bring back Wendy Riche. 

You know where I think they might want to look?  The actresses of GH.

Honestly, and I doubt she'd take the job, but Jane Elliot might make a good EP. They turned the reins over to her to help wind down the City, but that job might not have involved a lot of decisions. She certainly wasn't tasked with saving that show. But she's intelligent. She knows the medium. She knows that what's happening right now on screen is malarkey.

Finola would make a wicked good EP, too, if it weren't GH. She's as sharp as Gloria was. But with her, she's too engrossed with Tony Geary and Maurice Benard.  She's blinded by what she sees as realism in their acting, and she'd let Sonny get away with murder. And that's not a metaphor. If she got over that hurdle, and realized that a show where the villains don't get caught because they're so engaging is not a long-term strategy plan, she could do a good job. But she'd also have to realize that she'd be crossing the lines, so to speak, and leave her friendships, especially with Michelle and Laura, at the door.  I don't know if she can see the characters for the train wrecks that they are.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

Let the speculation for new EP begin!

I fear they'll tap Gary Tomlin. He's no longer has anything to do, right? Ugh.

I wonder if they'd make the same mistake that they did with Gloria Monty and try to bring back Wendy Riche. 

You know where I think they might want to look?  The actresses of GH.

Honestly, and I doubt she'd take the job, but Jane Elliot might make a good EP. They turned the reins over to her to help wind down the City, but that job might not have involved a lot of decisions. She certainly wasn't tasked with saving that show. But she's intelligent. She knows the medium. She knows that what's happening right now on screen is malarkey.

Finola would make a wicked good EP, too, if it weren't GH. She's as sharp as Gloria was. But with her, she's too engrossed with Tony Geary and Maurice Benard.  She's blinded by what she sees as realism in their acting, and she'd let Sonny get away with murder. And that's not a metaphor. If she got over that hurdle, and realized that a show where the villains don't get caught because they're so engaging is not a long-term strategy plan, she could do a good job. But she'd also have to realize that she'd be crossing the lines, so to speak, and leave her friendships, especially with Michelle and Laura, at the door.  I don't know if she can see the characters for the train wrecks that they are.

I admit to having a soft spot for Gary Tomlin, as his OLTL was how I got introduced to that show. He might actually be a huge improvement here (famous last words, I know).

I think Wendy Riche has made it pretty clear over the years that she does NOT want to come back (and that may be mutual on ABC's part).

• Love 1

C'mon, y'all, you ow we're getting JFP back.

*runs away while dodging tomatoes rocks boulders and vomit*

Isn't she pretty firmly ensconced at Y&R now? The ratings aren't falling there like they have at GH.

• Love 2

As far as a new EP, either snag the one from Days (who was the EP with Sri Rao on night shift, so basically a former GH producer), someone that has no or little history with ABC soaps, or someone lower with in the GH ranks who would want to prove him or herself . I think a Executive from another ABC soap (or another soap period) might want to fill the show with their own people back stage and on stage, like FV and JFP ended up doing. 

• Love 3

JFP is not coming back unless she gets ousted from Sony.

I am all the way down for a Wendy Riche "mistake". I am not clear on what Jane Elliot did at TC, though I've heard about it before. That might be interesting. It took a large cabal of women from inside to run AMC for much of the '90s, including Agnes Nixon and former star Francesca James, and Megan McTavish unfairly took a lion's share of the credit for all their hard work. I think it could work here, and it's not like they have a lot of new money to throw around for outsiders.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1

JFP is not coming back unless she gets ousted from Sony.

I am all the way down for a Wendy Riche "mistake". I am not clear on what Jane Elliot did at TC, though I've heard about it before. That might be interesting. It took a large cabal of women from inside to run AMC for much of the '90s, including Agnes Nixon and former star Francesca James, and Megan McTavish unfairly took a lion's share of the credit for all their hard work. I think it could work here, and it's not like they have a lot of new money to throw around for outsiders.

With Wendy, one of my major concerns would be that she would revisit the 90s and make the show even more about Sonny. and before someone says, that's not possible, oh but it is.  It really is. Plus, she might not be able to resist bringing back Brenda, and assuming the audience will return in droves to see Sonny and Brenda.  Not so much.

She didn't seem much of a visionary. She had the luxury of a much larger budget.

I'd almost be interested in her getting the job, because it'd be interesting to see how she'd do. 

Plus, she might not be able to resist bringing back Brenda, and assuming the audience will return in droves to see Sonny and Brenda.  Not so much.

If Sleeves appears on my screen again it better be for one episode so she can pick up Sonny. Neither one of them are ever seen again.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

I read in the episode thread that JT is going to Y&R to play Billy. Has this been confirmed?

By mags or whatever? No. But NLG at a recent PA with JT and others told JT to have fun at Y&R per a report. And a stunt person casting call matching JT went out for Y&R not long ago...

• Love 1

If they wanted to go outside daytime circles for talent they might want to take a look at the people who produced shows on the CW or Disney Family.  (Are the GOSSIP GIRL or PRETTY LITTLE LIARS EPs available?).