Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Hasn't he repeatedly said he doesn't want to, because of the difference between the daily schedule of writing GH vs. the less crazy NS schedule?

Of course, he also said he wasn't asked to become HW when Ron was fired, so maybe he's more open to it now. 

Yes, which is why I qualified my comment with hire him to write only for the Scorpios, who are back to usher Patrick's exit. Because no one will convince me that they would have resolved Robin's hostage situation if Jason were still staying on this soap.

IF whoever is in charge of hiring writers were to hire him, I say he should just write for the vets, because unlike others, he knows the history and would give them respect and treat the long time and new viewers with respect and not insult our intelligence.

Soap Fans United ‏@SoapFansUnited1 Nov 17

Per Varni on podcast, Patrick's exit story kicks into high gear early Dec w/ Robert & Robin heavily involved. #GH

High gear? It's one week until December and the story isn't in any gear right now

Unless things change, Robert doesn't even show up until December 17th!

Soap Fans United ‏@SoapFansUnited1 Nov 17

Per Varni on podcast, Patrick's exit story kicks into high gear early Dec w/ Robert & Robin heavily involved. #GH

High gear? It's one week until December and the story isn't in any gear right now

So this story is going to go from -100 to high gear in the next weak or two. In other words they are throwing this shit together at the last minute. PatPrick will do a speedwarp 180 about Robin and we should just go along with it.

I'm predicting a bunch of lame predictable clichés ending with professed love and a slapped together cheap wedding.

• Love 1

I like Scrubs and as much as I think Patrick's character has taken a hit because of the writers leaving Robin kidnapped for years on end - as a result he has looked obtuse and uncaring - I am not opposed to an eventual reunion because I think it's what Robin wants and I want Robin to be happy.  But I am afraid, given the time constraints, that it is going to look like Robin is the consolation prize because Sam goes back to Jason and so Patrick may as well get back with Robin.  And if that's what happens, it is going to suck.    

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and once Patrick figures out that Robin did not leave voluntarily, he will be the one to distance himself from Sam but I am not holding my breath.

• Love 5

A delicious new Despair in the Afternoon post, raising a point I had forgotten to get enraged about:

https://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/this-week-on-revisionist-history/

At least this gave the writers an excuse to get all the remaining Cassadines together on Cassadine island — you know, Helena, Nikolas, Sam. Wait a minute, wasn’t there another Cassadine? Maybe someone with a ton of history with Helena, who has hated and feared her for her entire life? Someone who’s been conspicuously absent from most of this Dark!Nikolas story, even though she’s so closely related to both him and Sam? Anyone? Bueller?

But no, why would Alexis by present for the death of her greatest enemy, or to see Helena curse her daughter? Where’s the drama in that, right?

• Love 5

I thought JVP looked familiar! He's actually a decent actor and not so melodramatic and telenovella-ish as he is on this show.

He had a short recurring stint on Judging Amy as a...(wait for it...)...a cop.  

He's like Ralph Macchio. He hasn't aged a bit in the past 10 years.

• Love 3

This is from Nathan Varni's facebook page. Good lord at the last paragraph:

Coming up Tuesday on General Hospital:
*Having safely checked Morgan into GH to get the help he needs, Sonny, Carly, Michael, Bobbie, Sabrina and Kristina returns home from school to rally by Morgan's side and share a touching impromptu Thanksgiving together. These are the moments when you need your family close by.
*Will Carly press charges against Kiki in the car accident that left Carly stranded on the side of the road?
*Dr Maddox introduces himself to Morgan and begins an evaluation.
*Surprise, surprise, Carlos returns and explains to Sabrina what has transpired over the last six months.
*Lulu returns to the loft and thinks she's found a personal item of Valerie's. Dante and Lulu have it out over their crumbling relationship.
*Sam returns from Cassadine Island as Patrick asks if she found what she was looking for. Can Sam move on with Patrick or will she not be able to stop thinking about her connection with her true love, Jason?

A note and a personal favor to ask for those who read these daily postings: There's a lot more to come in this story so I do ask that you please wait and see what we have in store for you coming up before you lash out in the comments section ... since this is my personal Facebook page I just ask your comments are respectful to the hard working crew, actors, producers and writers who work around the clock to make this show happen day in and day out. If you wish to critique the show or post overly negative comments, there are plenty of other places online to do that which encourage such postings. These daily story teases and photos are meant as a celebration of General Hospital and a safe place where we can all gather to embrace the series, not tear it down. Since this is my personal page, any aggressively negative postings will be deleted and the user blocked. If you no longer wish to view these postings, no hurt feelings, simply unfollow or unfriend me. Thanks for your help and cooperation and of course thank you for watching GH!

• Love 2

Having safely checked Morgan into GH to get the help he needs, Sonny, Carly, Michael, Bobbie, Sabrina and Kristina returns home from school to rally by Morgan's side and share a touching impromptu Thanksgiving together. These are the moments when you need your family close by.

So it sounds like Michael (and Sabrina) aren't at the Quartermaines for Thanksgiving.  RAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

There's a lot more to come in this story so I do ask that you please wait and see what we have in store for you coming up before you lash out in the comments section

Please WAIT!? Um, no, sir, how about y'all STOP destroying Liz, Nik, Laura, Robin, Patrick, Morgan, Michael, Dante, Lulu, Anna...

*promptly blocked by Nathan Varni*

• Love 7

And does he not understand how soaps - or any serialized storytelling - work?  Of course there's always "more to come in the story", but that doesn't mean people don't get to critique the routes and the twists and turns shows take as they go along.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 16

And does he not understand how soaps - or any serialized storytelling - work? Of course there's always "more to come in the story", but that doesn't mean people don't get to critique the routes and the twists and turns shows take as they go along.

Almost EVERY freaking character is OOC! And I'm not exaggerating. These aren't critiques like "I love Dante/Lulu so much why can't my couple be together i hate you show!" These are critiques of the writing, the words coming out of the characters' mouths, behaviors that are insane and that are never explained, characters coming back to life with NO explanation!!!!!!

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6

Almost EVERY freaking character is OOC! And I'm not exaggerating. These aren't critiques like "I love Dante/Lulu so much why can't my couple be together i hate you show!" These are critiques of the writing, the words coming out of the characters' mouths, behaviors that are insane and that are never explained, characters coming back to life with NO explanation!!!!!*

THIS! Nothing in the ratings report indicates that GH is picking up new viewers and long-term viewers NOTICE when their soap becomes an unrecognizable mess

• Love 7

Almost EVERY freaking character is OOC! And I'm not exaggerating. These aren't critiques like "I love Dante/Lulu so much why can't my couple be together i hate you show!" These are critiques of the writing, the words coming out of the characters' mouths, behaviors that are insane and that are never explained, characters coming back to life with NO explanation!!!!!!

I mean they literally have the characters say "you are acting nothing like yourself". If your characters are so out-of-character that you have the characters themselves saying it on-screen, YOU'RE NOT RESOLVING THE PROBLEM. Just pointing out what we already know!!

• Love 11

All they're interested in is getting from plot to plot. They don't care what the character is doing or saying or if it doesn't make sense. And for some characters, it's just "what should we do to give X actor an Emmy reel?"

• Love 2

Nathan Varnii is and idiot. This freaking story has been all about Sam and Jason. Patrick has basically been Sam's sounding board to talk about Jason. Even the above synopsis is about what Sam wants. This tool wants me to believe they can do a find Robin adventure and a proper reconciliation in the limited time they have.

Have they been watching any of the well written shows airing lately? The ones that are obviously planned and thought out. GH is a study in what not to do when storytelling.

• Love 3

Nathan Varnii is and idiot. This freaking story has been all about Sam and Jason. Patrick has basically been Sam's sounding board to talk about Jason. Even the above synopsis is about what Sam wants. This tool wants me to believe they can do a find Robin adventure and a proper reconciliation in the limited time they have.

I don't really think this "story" has been about Sam. I think it's been about Liez with a little Sam and Jason thrown in. Sam is almost as much of a pod person as Patrick.

And just what the hell is FV doing? He doesn't seem to have much interest in making sure GH improves so his job is safe. 

• Love 4

I'm still trying to get over Nathan asking for a "safe place" on the internet to talk about a television show.

A safe place.

On the internet.

To discuss a television show.

That man needs a spine if he's going to make it in Hollywood.

On a totally unrelated note, on twitter, JVP has promised us an interpretative dance.

"Can't say [how long Carlos will be back].  And I will make it a point to fit some interpretive dance somewhere soon... ;) #AskGH #CarlosLives"

• Love 23

That man needs a spine if he's going to make it in Hollywood.

And a thicker skin.  Dude, you're working a genre where love triangles are the norm.  There's always going to be someone who disagrees/has something negative to say about what the show is doing.

And also....maybe don't use your personal account to promote the show.

• Love 8

I just love that a profit-making entity that is crashing and burning only wants to solicit positive comments from its consumers.

"Gee, I have no idea whey the audience is tuning out in droves, I only see positive things said on facebook!"

• Love 10

All Nathan Varni's posts are missing is "#nohaters".

I don't know why the online soap people give this guy so much digital ink; maybe it's because he reminds them of themselves. Both Varni and DC have delusions about their place in the world as "executives" and "journalists", respectively. I also think they find it convenient to blame this jumped-up, grasping quasi-intern for all Ron Carlivati's faults up til the day he got fired. Varni made him do it! Varni is the new Brian Frons! Varni is micromanaging!

This dude is a hand puppet for the network at best and clearly has no idea how to conduct himself professionally online. And if anyone at ABC gave a fuck about the soaps they'd remove him instantly, but they don't so he just hangs around. IMO it is pointless to target this clueless dude - you have to go above him if you want to be heard. And pretending this guy is at the Brian Frons or Angelica McDaniel level and has somehow been throwing his weight around at GH for over a year is just laughable. He has no weight! Either Daytime Confidential is too delusional about their entire mini-drama with the network re: Ron to see that, or they simply choose to believe otherwise because it makes them feel better about how Ron's daytime career ended.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 13

On a totally unrelated note, on twitter, JVP has promised us an interpretative dance.

"Can't say [how long Carlos will be back]. And I will make it a point to fit some interpretive dance somewhere soon... ;) #AskGH #CarlosLives"

Lol, I need to know when this airs, so I can watch this.

• Love 3

This dude is a hand puppet for the network at best and clearly has no idea how to conduct himself professionally online. And if anyone at ABC gave a fuck about the soaps they'd remove him instantly, but they don't so he just hangs around.

He's a conveniently public face slash target for criticism, which is probably why Frank Valentini and the like let him keep on keepin' on.

• Love 3

All Nathan Varni's posts are missing is "#nohaters".

I don't know why the online soap people give this guy so much digital ink; maybe it's because he reminds them of themselves. Both Varni and DC have delusions about their place in the world as "executives" and "journalists", respectively. I also think they find it convenient to blame this jumped-up, grasping quasi-intern for all Ron Carlivati's faults up til the day he got fired. Varni made him do it! Varni is the new Brian Frons! Varni is micromanaging!

This dude is a hand puppet for the network at best and clearly has no idea how to conduct himself professionally online. And if anyone at ABC gave a fuck about the soaps they'd remove him instantly, but they don't so he just hangs around. IMO it is pointless to target this clueless dude - you have to go above him if you want to be heard. And pretending this guy is at the Brian Frons or Angelica McDaniel level and has somehow been throwing his weight around at GH for over a year is just laughable. He has no weight! Either Daytime Confidential is too delusional about their entire mini-drama with the network re: Ron to see that, or they simply choose to believe otherwise because it makes them feel better about how Ron's daytime career ended.

I honestly think that Jamey at DC got his information from Ron. And Ron was pissed at Nathan because Nathan was the messenger who was telling Ron things like "be nicer on twitter."  I doubt Nathan conveyed the actual firing, though he might have sat in on the call.  But I think Ron hates Nathan because he was a messenger for ABC, and Ron has targeted Nathan in his communications with Jamey.

• Love 1

JVP has promised us an interpretative dance.

"Can't say [how long Carlos will be back].  And I will make it a point to fit some interpretive dance somewhere soon... ;) #AskGH #CarlosLives"

My life is complete.

• Love 7

So it sounds like Michael (and Sabrina) aren't at the Quartermaines for Thanksgiving.  RAAAAAAAAGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!

Frankly, at this point, I think I would rage if Michael was at the Quartermaines.  He's pretty much walked back all his "My name is Michael Quartermaine" attitude since rediscovering his loyalty and love for Sonny.  Sonny's son shouldn't get to sit with the Quartermaines. 

• Love 10

I just love that a profit-making entity that is crashing and burning only wants to solicit positive comments from its consumers.

"Gee, I have no idea whey the audience is tuning out in droves, I only see positive things said on facebook!"

I mean, if it's a bunch of people cursing him out or issuing death threats, I would understand it more, but he didn't say that. Just look through the constructive criticism and ignore the free money spam messages, and you'll be fine.

(Admittedly, sometimes I think I'm too nice around here when I give opinions. Maybe I should get angry/bitchy more often, as is the Internet way. ;) )

Jesus, grow some balls NV.

*Having safely checked Morgan into GH to get the help he needs, Sonny, Carly, Michael, Bobbie, Sabrina and Kristina returns home from school to rally by Morgan's side and share a touching impromptu Thanksgiving together. These are the moments when you need your family close by.

Well, there went my lunch.

*Will Carly press charges against Kiki in the car accident that left Carly stranded on the side of the road?

Okay, not that I care what happened to Carly (it actually gave us some great comic scenes), but she wasn't simply stranded on the side of the road. She was hit head-on, in a hit and run where she could have died (ALAS). By someone who was drinking and driving. She wasn't just standing there waiting around for Uber to come pick her up and on and off the phone with Geico and Triple A.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 7

This is the one thing to look forward to tbh.

• Love 3

The scary thing is, Facebook is usually the place where all the posters gush and kiss up to TPTB saying how much they love everything about the show.  If even Facebook posters are expressing unhappiness about the show, the situation is dire indeed.

• Love 4

Anyone else see Shatner's tweet last night?  He was bagging on Days of Our Lives a bit, having watched 2 episodes recently, and someone asked him about GH.  His response: 

"I have threatened @WilliamdeVry1 to live tweet GH one of these days,"

Of course Nathan Varni and William DeVry had to get in on the act and be all encouraging about it. Apparently neither man understands the meaning of word "threatened."

Not all publicity is good publicity, boys!

• Love 4

I've begun my tweets to one Nathan Varni with a pic of AJ and Michael smiling in the Q mansion. I even used their lame ass fall in love hashtag.

Your move, Nate Dogg.

I love you. Truly, in a lock-you-in-a-panic-room, shoot-you-in-the-head, and marry-your-ghost kinda way!

• Love 2

Anyone else see Shatner's tweet last night?  He was bagging on Days of Our Lives a bit, having watched 2 episodes recently, and someone asked him about GH.  His response: 

"I have threatened @WilliamdeVry1 to live tweet GH one of these days,"

Of course Nathan Varni and William DeVry had to get in on the act and be all encouraging about it. Apparently neither man understands the meaning of word "threatened."

Not all publicity is good publicity, boys!

Did WdV and Shatner work together on a movie at some point or something? Does he know him personally?

Just friend requested one Nathan Varni on FB.

Btw, go to SK's twitter. Dude is working out and meeeeeeooowww!

Looking better than 3/4 the cast. Swoon.

If only Sean had a beer gut, was balding, flailed his arms around and screamedhis lines in every scene, and used social media to threaten fans and insult other cultures, then he would have been treasured by GH!

• Love 6