Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I have always been a fan of NLG going back to her days as Julia Wainwright Capwell on the late, great Santa Barbara. Sadly, the more I read of her on Twitter, the less respect I have for her.

I continue to hope that her outspokenness on Twitter is just expressed not so well, but it is posts like these that make it very hard.

I think she'd do well to take a break from Twitter if not quit it entirely. In that vein, even as a (disillusioned) fan, I say, for the love of God, Nancy, STFU. You're really embarrassing yourself.

• Love 7

At first I thought she was doing this for attention, but then it quickly started freefalling down hill.

No, Nancy's never just doing this for attention, IMO. She's an older lady who may like a libation in the evening and has very strident opinions on the Issues of the Day.

Nancy has, in the past, been one of my favorite soap actresses and I agree with a lot of her opinions politically. That doesn't mean she doesn't need to learn when to shut the fuck up.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12

The responses are freaking hilarious. Like.... where were these people when BC was going crazy on twitter?

That wasn't Black Twitter. Only soap fans noticed Bryan's nonsense.

Nancy might have had a prayer of this going unnoticed outside soap circles but I think in her infinite wisdom, she actually hashtagged "Viola Davis" when she started.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Patricia Arquette þ@PattyArquette · 26m26 minutes ago

@NancyLeeGrahn Stop that right now. It is a venue for whatever the WINNER wants 2 say.It is her win. She is saying something that is proven

• Love 11

Fixed.

And I'm one of those middle of the road leaning people who unfollowed Nancy a year ago because she annoys me. But this is not cool! I don't even know who Viola Davis is because I don't even watch network TV anymore and I realize this is important!

Just chill, Nancy!

• Love 1

I just sat here shaking my head as this unfolded. She's on General Hospital, a show that hasn't managed to keep a black actress employed in a major storyline since MAYBE the 90's? Or does she tell herself that they just didn't work out or weren't talented enough to have staying power.

I'm done with Nancy.

• Love 17

Can we embed tweets here? Because there are some great reactions.

I think you can but I'll be darned as to how.

As for what NLG's tweet means, it probably means "don't hate me" but damn woman. GH is dying. Start forming your plan b, not tweeting about upcoming Julexis sex scenes.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

No, Nancy's never just doing this for attention, IMO. She's an older lady who may like a libation in the evening and has very strident opinions on the Issues of the Day.

Nancy has, in the past, been one of my favorite soap actresses and I agree with a lot of her opinions politically. That doesn't mean she doesn't need to learn when to shut the fuck up.

This. I saw and enjoyed some of her comments during the GOP debate the other night and enjoy having a soap actress who is outspoken for the Democrats, but this...needs to stop. Now. 

Apparently Nancy is now trending on Twitter.

Nancy, you in danger girl.

It depends. Does Viola Davis eat dogs?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/iramadison/who-is-nancy#.prZGzWjzE

Oof

Oh shit.

And the sad thing is, she IS just as good an actress as those actresses he mentioned, and she's been on the show long enough that many DO think of her as an important part of GH (and while one commenter was right about her tying with Debbi Morgan with her first Emmy, she won again in 2012--she just wasn't there to get it in person).

But of course, all of that is going to be lost because NLG couldn't keep her mouth shut long enough.

3am.Tried 2 respond 2 u with love as I should, Gotten mostly condescension & vitriol.Tomorrow, new day. Wont begin it with anything but love

We'll see how Black Twitter responds to that love, Nancy. 

• Love 3

I just sat here shaking my head as this unfolded. She's on General Hospital, a show that hasn't managed to keep a black actress employed in a major storyline since MAYBE the 90's? Or does she tell herself that they just didn't work out or weren't talented enough to have staying power.

I'm done with Nancy.

ITA, IMO, GH has always been the worst with diversity. POC don't have their on storylines or POV. There are no marriages (we had barely there Maya and Dodge but it wasn't love or a real relationship before that it's been since Tom Hardy and Simon). So Nancy can STFU. I'm glad she met black twitter and was dragged for the shit she was saying.

What an idiot. Viola is big part of ABC"s prime time line up and Shonda does have Powe with ABC. IIRC, GH shares a cafeteria with Grey's Anatomy. There won't be anything awkward about that/sarcasm.

She needs to send Viola Davis and Patricia A. flowers, along with apology notes.

• Love 4

ITA, IMO, GH has always been the worst with diversity. POC don't have their on storylines or POV. There are no marriages (we had barely there Maya and Dodge but it wasn't love or a real relationship before that it's been since Tom Hardy and Simone). So Nancy can STFU. I'm glad she met black twitter and was dragged for the shit she was saying.

There were Jason Q & Keesha and AJ & Keesha later on.

Although I'm curious: Did Keesha losing Jason once he became Jason Morgan to Robin result in any accusations of racism in how the show handled that? 

I wonder whether this story will hit the mainstream press today...

Edited by UYI

There were Jason Q & Keesha and AJ & Keesha later on.

Although I'm curious: Did Keesha losing Jason once he became Jason Morgan to Robin result in any accusations of racism in how the show handled that?

I wonder whether this story will hit the mainstream press today...

Yea, they dated however I'm thinking marriages, pregnacies, births, etc.

Angie was part of the fabric of GH, she went to school with Liza and Tad, she married Jesse, gave dated Cliff etc. Her children became a part of the fabric and so would her grandchildren.

GH simply brings on a new set of POC every decade.

I should add, I don't think they should have called her the c word.

• Love 3