Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

kelly thiebaud ‏@kellythiebaud 51m51 minutes ago

All the pple that talk shit about actors,I DARE u to get up there and expose yourself like that! You have no idea

:hangs head:

She should try being an artisan; there are people out there that will say rude and denigrating things right in front of you, like you're not even there.  Luckily it's only happened to me twice, but it does indeed hurt.  Still, I choose to do it, and it doesn't even pay enough for a new car or vacations or anything like that!

She's one entitled idiot.

• Love 4

To this day, I have no idea who or what to believe on all that mess with Lucy's girls and Anna Donely, who they talked about bringing on multiple times. I liked the girl who played Anna Jr. for one day in 2013. I have no idea why these characters kept being scrapped when RC had viable introductions for some of them, but I firmly believe part of it was their need to put the OLTL stars over again.

I could never understand why they never gave one of those roles to Kristin Alderson instaed of inventing Kiki out of whole cloth.

• Love 1

I could never understand why they never gave one of those roles to Kristin Alderson instaed of inventing Kiki out of whole cloth.

Because they needed to tie her with Franco who was initially thought to be her father and the show wanted to continue the relationship that Todd and Starr had with Franco and Kiki. 

• Love 3

I for one am glad they never gave any of those roles to her. With all due respect to KA, who I think did decent work as Starr, those roles should all be carefully cast, and whileI I would want Serena aged, Carly Schroeder should have the role of Serena over KA.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 2

By how many cans of grey paint you can use on one set

But kudos to you Chip, Andrew and the lady whose name I forget. They do the best they can with 10 cents and 10 buckets o' grey paint. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 10

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/ghs-new-head-writers-unveil-their-gh-vision

GH's new head writers, Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante, provide an in-depth look at their vision for the show in the issue of Soap Opera Digest on sale tomorrow, covering such topics as Genie Francis's (Laura) status, their plan to bring more romance to Port Charles, the role of the hospital and the mob on the canvas, revitalizing the Quartermaines, the timing of the Jason reveal, the possibility of recasting Robin, and much more. “There is nothing more passionate than a GENERAL HOSPITAL fan," Passanante says. "We hope that they will invest their commitment in the show and give us a chance, because I think they will be rewarded." Adds Altman, "We are excited to be here; we are writers and fans." Be sure to check out the can't-miss conversation.

revitalizing the Quartermaines.

I've decided that this is an inside joke/passing of the baton from head writer to head writer on this show.  "Make sure you mention that you are going to revitalize the Quartermaines when you're interviewed.  You don't have to, but the fans will eat it up!".

• Love 17

Interesting that the writers want people to give them a chance because "they will be rewarded." Which fans, exactly? Sonny fans? Carly fans? Sam fans? Jason fans? I mean, they can't be so delusional to lump everyone into one category, like all fans like the same things or like the ENTIRE show.

• Love 2

Let's put it this way. I doubt I'm gonna be rewarded as a Lucy fan. Or a Mac/Felicia fan. Or a Lucas fan. Or a fan of the Quartermaines en masse.

Exactly. It's all talk from these writers. "Just keep watching, we promise you'll get what you want!" They must think the fans are dumb.

Exactly. It's all talk from these writers. "Just keep watching, we promise you'll get what you want!" They must think the fans are dumb.

I really do think the show runners are that dumb lol everytime they speak I cringe lol.I do remeber once upon a time soaps realized that not everybody enjoys the same stuff though and there was a variety of characters.Of course for GH hasn't happened in a very long time.

So has there been any current discussion on Genie Francis/Laura? That she would be back after a break was before Ron was fired, I thought?

I think she's still slated to be back at some point. I don't think that ever changed.

• Love 1

So has there been any current discussion on Genie Francis/Laura?  That she would be back after a break was before Ron was fired, I thought?

Don't know. But I'm gratified to see the blurb at least acknowledges Robin, whether one agrees with a possible recast or not. Maybe these two will at least tie that crap up once and for all. It desperately needs closure.

• Love 1

Don't know. But I'm gratified to see the blurb at least acknowledges Robin, whether one agrees with a possible recast or not. Maybe these two will at least tie that crap up once and for all. It desperately needs closure.

Recasting Robin is the last thing they should do with the current ratings. I kinda dare them to do it, though. Just for the laughs to see another Y&R actor and the promo that would go along with it. Edited by HeatLifer

Recasting Robin is the last thing they should do with the current ratings. I kinda dare them to do it, though. Just for the laughs to see another Y&R actor and the promo that would go along with it.

Is it a gamble to recast Robin? Yes. Can/Will it fail in horrible spectacular fashion? Almost a guarantee. But even if the recast comes to call everyone else out and leave, at least the limbo can stop and other characters in that orbit can stop looking like pieces of shit.

The show is on its last legs, anyway.

• Love 4

Is it a gamble to recast Robin? Yes. Can/Will it fail in horrible spectacular fashion? Almost a guarantee. But even if the recast comes to call everyone else out and leave, at least the limbo can stop and other characters in that orbit can stop looking like pieces of shit.

The show is on its last legs, anyway.

The recast isn't going to call anyone out, lol. I wish.

The recast isn't going to call anyone out, lol. I wish.

Well, my foolish self who pretends not to know better will wait and see if JP/SA will allow consequences and a hell of a lot of less campy bullshit. LOL. My intellectual side knows its futile, but a small spark refuses to die no matter how much I try to kill it.

• Love 1

I was just thinking that Frank had better start making some real changes, because if the ratings slide any further, he's going to start losing his reputation as being this wunderkind. He's just going to be the schmuck who couldn't keep GH above half a million in the demos. He'll won't be the guy who saved GH, but the guy who ran it into a wall at 80 mph.  There may go his cushy job afterwards with ABC Family.*

Unfortunately, all signs to date point to Frank thinking only minor tweaks are in order. And he's still disillusioned into thinking that the very things that are dragging this show down are gold:

https://youtu.be/B359hCC3HQU

*My speculation, up to this point at least, as to where he'll end up.

• Love 1

Well, my foolish self who pretends not to know better will wait and see if JP/SA will allow consequences and a hell of a lot of less campy bullshit. LOL. My intellectual side knows its futile, but a small spark refuses to die no matter how much I try to kill it.

Eh, they're just going to throw the character into the middle of Patrick/Sam/Jason/Liz. Robin is not necessary to keep that crap going; she's only necessary to end her captivity storyline. Thanks to the writers choosing this stupid direction...knowing the actress would not be on full-time. The character deserves to be written off canvas like every other vet who has been around for decades. For me, it's really about the respect. Would they recast Laura? Luke? Bobbie? Scott? Anna? Robert?

But suddenly Robin HAS to be recast because her character HAS to be on-screen every day? That's just hilarious to me.

• Love 2
But suddenly Robin HAS to be recast because her character HAS to be on-screen every day? That's just hilarious to me.

In principle, I understand what you're saying and agree. But the sad fact of the matter is, the construct as it stands with the character now does demand some sort of ending. Is it fair? Of course not. But RC/FV's ego caused this mess.

But now, unfortunately, because they didn't end it naturally upon Robin's initial return, I think a recast - short term - is all that truly works because of the way this has been left to twist in the wind.

• Love 4

In principle, I understand what you're saying and agree. But the sad fact of the matter is, the construct as it stands with the character now does demand some sort of ending. Is it fair? Of course not. But RC/FV's ego caused this mess.

But now, unfortunately, because they didn't end it naturally upon Robin's initial return, I think a recast - short term - is all that truly works because of the way this has been left to twist in the wind.

I just hope they talked to KMc. Or it's just so disrespectful to me.

• Love 1

For me, it's really about the respect. Would they recast Laura? Luke? Bobbie? Scott? Anna? Robert?

They did recast Anna. :p*

*Anyone have a clip of recast Anna? I'm curious to see her.

I just hope they talked to KMc. Or it's just so disrespectful to me.

Oh, I hope so, too. Perversely, however, I wish to be a fly on the wall as (in my head) KMc says deuces, you're on your own and I'm done waiting and have better things to do. She'd be the smarter one, staying away.

• Love 1

They did recast Anna. :p*

*Anyone have a clip of recast Anna? I'm curious to see her.

Lollll. You know what I mean.

Oh, I hope so, too. Perversely, however, I wish to be a fly on the wall as (in my head) KMc says deuces, you're on your own and I'm done waiting and have better things to do. She'd be the smarter one, staying away.

It best be 100% her choice. But I know it wouldn't be. Because she already made it clear in her latest Fairman interview that she wouldn't want the character recast or to die again.

Thanks. She looks a lot like Fin, creepy. At times. That scene definitely smacks of "trying too hard love she and Kim McC definitely have just as good a vibe!!!!!"

Edited by ulkis
the possibility of recasting Robin

This is some prime trolling, IMO. I highly doubt there will be anything definitive said in that interview about recasting Robin. "We'll try to work something out with Kim, and if we can't, we'll go from there." 

• Love 3

This is some prime trolling, IMO. I highly doubt there will be anything definitive said in that interview about recasting Robin. "We'll try to work something out with Kim, and if we can't, we'll go from there."

I hope they say they're in contact with KMc. It's the proper thing that should be done.

• Love 1

Oh I bet something like that will be said.

I just want the Robin stuff wrapped up. If that takes a recast, okay. I know KMc's busy with projects, and I would probably tell FV to take a flying leap if I were her, but she seems to love GH, and I think she would carve out a few days to give Robin a proper ending if they asked. I hope the new writers and/or Frank are willing to just wrap things up with Robin, even if it's just a few scenes or a few days worth of scenes. I think maybe part of the problem with RC was that he had some specific plot point in mind for Robin. If KMc could come to the studio for a day to be in Jake's head, she could have filmed a few scenes ending this shit.

Edited by Evie
  • Love 3

. For me, it's really about the respect. Would they recast Laura? Luke? Bobbie? Scott? Anna? Robert?

They recast Lucky. Twice - and I think he should be recast again because his absence is problematic. I think JJ is better than both of his recasts and he's better than KMc.

This hostage story is shit and Robin's absence is problematic- so, If they can't work out the scheduling to resolve it, they should at least consider a recast.

I mean, I still just want a reset that burns the last 2.5 years out of our memories but barring that hoped for miracle - fucking do whatever it takes to fix it

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

They recast Lucky. Twice - and I think he should be recast again because his absence is problematic. I think JJ is better than both of his recasts and he's better than KMc. This hostage story is shit and Robin's absence is problematic- so If they can't work out the scheduling to resolve it, they should at least consider a recast.

I mean, I still just want a reset that burns the last 2.5 years out of our memories but barring that hoped for miracle - fucking do whatever it takes to fix it

Whether JJ is better than KMc isn't really important to me. KMc has been on/off this show since 1985. There's a certain respect that needs to go along with that.

But my main point is, Kimberly has never said that she's not free to end this storyline. When that statement comes about, my opinion will change.

ETA: Aw, Kim and Fin today... https://instagram.com/p/7MCrkZLf1S/

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

I don't believe Kimberly has been unavailable. I'll just say that. I think they put this shit off because of their Brilliant Stories. There's a reason we're ten-eleven months into Amnesia Jake.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 12

I don't believe Kimberly has been unavailable. I'll just say that. I think they put this shit off because of their Brilliant Stories. There's a reason we're ten-eleven months into Amnesia Jake.

Yup. I think some are forgetting that it was Ron's plan to do the reveal NEXT YEAR. This was him, not Kim being unavailable.

• Love 2

Oh, I didn't mean to imply I cared about Rebecca Budig (the character).  I just honestly don't get why she's still here, on contract, and what purpose she could possibly serve going forward, especially once the Jake(son) beans are spilled because she's been marooned on Spoon Island.

Because FV is obessed with other actors from other shows.God knows he certainely doesn't seem to respect the actual vets but he will fight and give contracts to Rebu and MS while it seems like GF had to fight to get an contract.Its so insulting and I don't even like laura lol.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 3

ETA: Aw, Kim and Fin today... https://instagram.com/p/7MCrkZLf1S/

I was just coming to post this. There's another pic that makes it seem as if, FH has been cast in KMc's project "HeyDay". IIRC, it's about 80's soap life. Bree Williamson has a role in it too. It's a series KMc wrote and is directing.

Several months ago, a number of the cast acted out the script at TC's Theatre in front of a live audience.

OT: GH still sick and I'm staying on the barge, lol. Regarding the article, is it a requirement for all new writers to say they are a fan of their new ahow. Sri has been the only one I believe. All the other have characters acting OOC and add new characters and families.

• Love 2

kelly thiebaud ‏@kellythiebaud 51m51 minutes ago

All the pple that talk shit about actors,I DARE u to get up there and expose yourself like that! You have no idea

:hangs head:

Is it just me, or does it seem like she and her betrothed might benefit from a breathalyzer attached to their computers and other devices?

*rubbing thumb and forefinger together for Kelly*. Our military and fire fighters got nothing on actors.

Flick the booger off! Oh, wait, you were doing the violin thing. Never mind.

Brydog is back on Twitter, which should surprise no one. He was gone for a week, though. I guess he's taking the Zen approach to haters for a while and letting Kelly fight them.

Wait. No. He's already back? I figured Uncle Frank made him hand over his password and changed it to something incomprehensible, so the boy couldn't tweet again for at least 6 months.

Oh I bet something like that will be said.

I just want the Robin stuff wrapped up. If that takes a recast, okay. I know KMc's busy with projects, and I would probably tell FV to take a flying leap if I were her, but she seems to love GH, and I think she would carve out a few days to give Robin a proper ending if they asked. I hope the new writers and/or Frank are willing to just wrap things up with Robin, even if it's just a few scenes or a few days worth of scenes. I think maybe part of the problem with RC was that he had some specific plot point in mind for Robin. If KMc could come to the studio for a day to be in Jake's head, she could have filmed a few scenes ending this shit.

I don't think Kim is all that busy. I mean, I think she's busy and earning a living, but I mostly hear about her directing and ABC Family episode of whatever here, or an episode of that, there. I think Ron's plan was to have her back in a big way, for the Jason reveal. Kim was too busy for the big way thing, so instead, they brought her back for that frigging memory-sequence Jake had, when Helena compelled him to kill Sam.

In reality, even that short of a visit would have been enough to give Kim's Robin a respectable send-off that didn't hurt Patrick or Anna. Once Nik exiled Helena, Kim could have come back for two days, told off Anna and Patrick, filed for divorce (or finalized it, or done the divorce dance), struck a custody agreement and taken a job in Toronto, where Emma could visit on her weeks with Robin.

Yes. It's all about the Jake-son. And it's all a mistake. I would say, other than Robin's horrible off-screen storyline, the slow Jake=Jason reveal is what is killing off this show. I don't ship Jason with anyone (except maybe Sarah Brown's Carly, but admittedly for all the wrong reasons) because he's a brain damaged hit man, but there is a huge part of this audience that ships Jason with Sam and a statistically significant minority that ships him with Liz. This Jake story has managed to piss off both of these groups (and my small minority of dirty wrong Carly/Jason shippers) and it has been BORING AND REPETITIVE REPETITIVE REPETITIVE, and a waste of Billy Miller's chops. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 1

Not to mention the Love Story of Our Time: Franco and Nina, Their Love Is Stronger Than Each Being Falsely Accused of Murder.

• Love 8

Not to mention the Love Story of Our Time: Franco and Nina, Their Love Is Stronger Than Each Being Falsely Accused of Murder.

Was this story supposed to be similar to the susan moore murder where that Heather and scotty thought the other one had done it except the cops actually solved it and this story actually made sense lol.I mean Ric all of an sudden being after ninas money and sleeping with ninas mother that stuff came out of nowhere.

(I'm actually really loving The Love Story of Our Time: Franco and Nina, Their Love Is Stronger Than Each Being Falsely Accused of Murder. Yes, I'm ashamed of myself. No, I'm neither a former OLTL nor a The Y&R viewer. I just sort of enjoy these fey little freak over-emoters and their emotionally stunted love. OTP.)

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3