Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

If the rumors about Ron

having wanted to make Roxy transgender on OLTL

are true, I bet he's seething about all the reactions "The Bold and the Beautiful" is getting today.  "But I'm the savior of soaps, me, Ron!"

• Love 3

Stay tuned for nine months of Morgan-is-bald jokes!

Hey now, let's be fair: he's balding, not bald!

Did that web soap he was doing ever debut? I'm curious to see him in another role. He comes across as a major 'brah' on insta, and I wonder if he can play a role devoid of that.

• Love 1

Youthful Daze is in its third season, I think? I saw a couple of eps with him in it, mainly because I wanted to see the same thing that you did. Liked his character much more, although it's literally only about a couple of minutes total screen time. He plays an older brother around Michael's age to a younger brother about Morgan's age, which was an interesting dynamic to see. Character is a rebel, used to steal cars, etc.

The whole show is just too much of the same thing, so I lost patience with it pretty quickly.

Edited by tvgoddess

It's just a matter of time before she's back for many more stints, gets a contract and is then revealed to be a core character.

Not that I'd have a problem with any of that in theory, but when the show is so overloaded with characters at the moment and can't service at least half of them it's all just way too much. I still think she should've been Sarah Webber.

• Love 4

No, it's only a matter of time until Ron turns her character into a crazy, crazy, out of her mind, murderer and then tells the audience we should love her anyway.

Well, he could combine things: Make the chick nuts but not have any plan beyond that. The worst of both worlds!

• Love 1

They should just had her say her name was Rebecca Budig and be done with it.

I couldn't get past two seconds of that promo. the cheese was strong with that one, to keep up today's Star Wars references.

• Love 2

This. I liked AMC, it was my other soap, but it was cancelled 3 and a half years ago now. No one is gonna bring in any significant up-swell of viewers, unless it's Lucci.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

This. I liked AMC, it was my other soap, but it was cancelled 3 and a half years ago now. No one is gonna bring in any significant up-swell of viewers, unless it's Lucci.

I honestly don't think even Susan Lucci would do much.

• Love 1

The promo just reminded me that this show has become all about the "names" they can land. They actually think people seeing Rebecca Budig! will bring in a shitload of viewers.

I wish they'd focusmore on the writing honestly even if actors went to soaps i didn't watch I usually didn't turn them on.

Now I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to get her to play Patricia.  Either her or Erika Slezak. 

• Love 1

I still think she should've been Sarah Webber.

It's not too late.

Rebecca Budig (as she pulls off a wig or a mask or checks her plastic surgery scar in the mirror): I've been gone from Port Charles so long, nobody recognized me, Sarah Webber!  Now to get revenge on my darling little sister muhaha!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Now I'm kind of surprised they didn't try to get her to play Patricia.  Either her or Erika Slezak. 

Maybe they did, who knows. But neither of those women, especially SL, scream "working class".

• Love 1

I think Erika can pull it off; she has before as Niki Smith. But I'm glad they went outside, Dee Wallace is a great actress and a genre legend of my childhood who I am sure Ron will waste.

• Love 5

As much as I loved Erika as Viki, I'm glad she's not playing Pat, especially because you know Ron would contrive up some scene between Pat and Franco where they remark that they feel like brother and sister.  Pass.

• Love 8

They should just had her say her name was Rebecca Budig and be done with it.

I couldn't get past two seconds of that promo. the cheese was strong with that one, to keep up today's Star Wars references.

I thought it was a car commercial, tbh.

• Love 2

As much as I loved Erika as Viki, I'm glad she's not playing Pat, especially because you know Ron would contrive up some scene between Pat and Franco where they remark that they feel like brother and sister.  Pass.

Yeah, it would've turned into another nasty jab at OLTL going on without him, which is why I'm glad they didn't do it. Also, frankly, I am unconvinced Ron isn't holding a bit of a grudge against every actor who committed to the show without him.

• Love 3

I think Erika can pull it off; she has before as Niki Smith. But I'm glad they went outside, Dee Wallace is a great actress and a genre legend of my childhood who I am sure Ron will waste.

She also had a soap connection: She was married to actor Christopher Stone, who was the actor after Edward Mallory to play Bill Horton on Days for a time. He died some years back (hence the part of Bill once more being recast when Frances Reid's Alice died, as I believe Mr. Mallory has also passed away).

LOL that Ava's hospital bedspread is tailored.

"I gotta go; I don't want to be late for the rumble." Hee. I'm surprised little birds didn't fly around Spinelli's head when he went down for the count.

Ava, take it from someone who's had chemo: It's not like taking an aspirin. You're going to get worse before you get better. It's a process. I feel her on the barfing, though. Nausea is the worst.

Were Jake and Liz eating grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner? NTTAWWT. 

Today was so boring. So not a Friday episode.

The Budig promo is ridiculous.

• Love 1

I imagine that they'd like to but that they couldn't afford either Lucci or Slezak.

I doubt that Dee Wallace came cheap and probably cost them more than Slezak would have.  She's still working steadily in primetime.

Edited by LegalParrot81

Here's something else I don't understand about the promo and the interview.  Calling her a "maneater" implies she's going to go after every guy in town.  But if she's here presenting herself as Jake(son)'s loving wife, I don't see how that applies, unless Ric plans to pay her using nature's credit card.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Oh I'm sure she's the new Nina.  But like Nina, her focus will be on one man - Jake(son).  She's not out to seduce every dude in town, which is what "maneater" would seem to symbolize.

Edited by TeeVee329