Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I actually think she would be a good Christina, age and all. 

If this was a more coherent show, Chloe Lanier being added, as a legacy or completely unrelated character, would be a good thing for this show. Maybe she would be a legacy, maybe a business woman/college grad that crosses paths with Michael in the business world or a intern doctor. But it isn't. As someone mentioned on this forum, the TIIC do everything ass backwards and hope for the best. While I get that being teen obsessed isn't the answer to ratings or even the most interesting stories, I do think there should be some focus on teens who aren't Morgan and Kiki, to have the audience connect to younger characters as they move on to adult roles on the show. Sometimes I wonder if the showrunners have any interaction with the real world, but my gathering is that they aren't very talented, coupled with the cutting of time and resources to produce a good show. The current regime isn't very good at developing characters, (new or old). The problem isn't necessarily that they bring a ton of new, unrelated characters,    it is the characters lack any true nuance or strong core. I think that Valentin will eventually fizzle, like Dr.O did, because the regime isn't smart enough to write cerebral characters. They had Dr.O pretty much steal the C.O.S position, but they RC/FV never followed through with the (promised) storyline to have a terrorist ousted from that position by the staff.

• Love 4

I saw a magazine scan of an SID article about Liz and Franco, with headline "Can Liz and Franco Survive The Haters?".  So apparently, if you're not into Liz getting with a former SERIAL KILLER who kidnapped her child, you're a hater.

Fuck you, SID.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I saw a magazine scan of an SID article about Liz and Franco, with headline "Can Liz and Franco Survive The Haters?".  So apparently, if you're not into Liz getting with a former SERIAL KILLER who kidnapped her child, you're a hater.

Fuck you, SID.

Well at least SID the Dick is consistent. Expect nothing less from his dumbass

• Love 1
22 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is their tour sponsored by MonaVie?  And would it be too much to ask if, for their opening act, they have BryDog perform a monologue on his deep thoughts about the world around him?  He could shill his toxic skin cream right along side the juice in the lobby. 

• Love 6
On 7/13/2016 at 7:17 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Fuck you, SID.

I'm a hater.  Jodi Arias calls people against her haters too.  It must be a murderer community thing.  SID can eat shit.  

• Love 3
(edited)

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/general-hospital/the-kelly-monaco-interview-general-hospital/2015/01/22/

This is still hilarious to me (that interview was from 2015)

MICHAEL:

Jason Thompson is one of the most phenomenal actors I have ever watched in this genre … and I have watched this stuff for a very long time!

KELLY:

I know.  He is ridiculously good.  Jason is funny.  We will be getting ready to start a scene and he will be like, “Um, how did we get here?”  And I go, “What are you talking about?”  And he will go, “Did we drive here … or did we walk?”  I go, “We f***ing drove!” (Laughs)  Next he says, “Well, did you drive, or did I drive?”  I say, “We took a driver!”  And then he says, “Well, is it cold out?  Were we holding hands before we came in, or what?”  And I go, “NO!  I am pissed at you because I am thinking about my husband!” (Laughs)  I said to Jason, “Stop asking so many questions.  Just say the lines and go!  Just stand there and look pretty, because I talk all the time!” (Laughs)

lol at "we fucking drove!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH3UXEqDUaE/

I'm really not so sure about this look for Bryan Craig.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Antonio Sabato Jr. will be a speaker at the Republican Convention. Or does this belong in the Doppelgängers thread? 

Jagger Cates and Chacci Arcola at Republican Convention.  Ya.

• Love 1
On 7/18/2016 at 9:35 AM, dubbel zout said:

Antonio Sabato Jr. will be a speaker at the Republican Convention. Or does this belong in the Doppelgängers thread? 

I wanted to post this last week, but didn't because of the rule about politics here. But talk about making me happy Jagger & Karen didn't wind up together after all. THANKS, ANTONIO. :'( 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Sorry, y'all.   It's just that nobody in my offline life knows who the crap Antonio Sabato Jr. is ... where else could I go to say "OMG!  WTF?!"

If you showed them a picture of him in character as Jagger or one of his Calvin Klein underwear ads, they might recognize him by face. ;)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

Okay gang, the talk about ASJ and his political affiliations and connections needs to go elsewhere now. It is in danger of taking over the thread and creating a hostile environment.

If you do wish to discuss it, there are many politically-leaning sites and boards out there. But let's leave this for GH and its own problems and away from PTV, which frowns upon politics as a rule.

Thank you for cooperating.

• Love 2

NS just wasn't very good and his perpetually whiny voice was incredibly grating. I'm not sorry to see him go and I have zero interest in having him back as AJ. Most of my interest in AJ was in his chemistry with Michael/Carly and RC made sure to destroy that before he left. The only thing remaining is AJ's relationship with Monica/Jason and these writers suck donkeyballs at writing family stories/scenes for non-Jerome characters - possibly because they still haven't bothered to learn any actual GH history

• Love 5
(edited)

Lucy and Scotty and Ric are all showing up today after lengthy absences.  What is Frank's (intern) promoting on Twitter...

Carly makes a BOLD move today on @GeneralHospital -- but what will it mean for Sonny?? @lldubs @MauriceBenard #GHSummerLoving #GH

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
(edited)

That tweet is so typical of how the show is promoted. Focusing on exactly the wrong thing, as always.

If the BOLD move is about Joss's kidney, it will mean nothing for Sonny, as he couldn't care less.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm happy about that.   I saw two episodes with him and left.   I think that broke me.  I just was like "No...  no.  Dis tew much."   I decided to become a Pokémon trainer.   I might be able to ease into it a bit now that JVP is returning as a twin because that sounds cheesy and like JSBT will hate it, so I have to understand the episode threads. But I can still follow without watching,  so....

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Lucy and Scotty and Ric are all showing up today after lengthy absences.  What is Frank's (intern) promoting on Twitter...

Ric?  Back you say?  Dammit.   Now I'll have to watch again.   I'm like a flock of ostriches running.  

3 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

NS just wasn't very good and his perpetually whiny voice was incredibly grating. I'm not sorry to see him go and I have zero interest in having him back as AJ. Most of my interest in AJ was in his chemistry with Michael/Carly and RC made sure to destroy that before he left. The only thing remaining is AJ's relationship with Monica/Jason and these writers suck donkeyballs at writing family stories/scenes for non-Jerome characters - possibly because they still haven't bothered to learn any actual GH history

If that happens,  I'm done with this show and will attempt to get blocked by Frank himself. 

• Love 1

So let's say TC doesn't come back: Would the show ask NS back and have him be a permanent recast (Nik was recast before) or would this show keep both of Laura's sons off canvas and not bother?

10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

So let's say TC doesn't come back: Would the show ask NS back and have him be a permanent recast (Nik was recast before) or would this show keep both of Laura's sons off canvas and not bother?

I think they might recast, but not necessarily with NS. They might look for someone more suitable.

Also, we are stuck Spencer no matter what, unless the kid gets a permanent job elsewhere.

• Love 1

Does anyone still get SOD? there's supposed to be a RoHo interview that I'd love to see but really don't want to spend the $5. So if anyone gets the magazine, maybe you could scan the article and post it?

(edited)

from SID, summed up by someone else at another board

IR debuts August 1st. Happy to be back, likes the story. Unfortunately, it is not lengthy. Wishes it was longer, thinks they could have done more with it. He's not opposed to returning, but is filming more Hawaii Five-O next month and other soaps are now interested in him.

No, you're good, Ingo, you're good!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

How surprising that Jax's part in this never-ending Joss kidney shit isn't lengthy.  But at least Carly has Nina to help her! #hate

I still remain confused by the Carly/Nina bonding.  Did I hallucinate the fact that Nina kidnapped one of Sonny's possessions...errr...babies?  The same baby that Carly has retconned into being her very own child?  She actively ruined AJ's life for the "sin" of hooking up with her and creating Michael, but she's already besties with Nina?  I guess Nina's lucky she's not a fat drunk. 

• Love 15
(edited)
16 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

How surprising that Jax's part in this never-ending Joss kidney shit isn't lengthy.  But at least Carly has Nina to help her! #hate

In their quest to make Nina/Carly into BFFs, I guess the writers have also decided to ignore the fact that Carly is a CHAMPION GRUDGE HOLDER and Nina stole her favorite new possession/Sonny spawn and was going to raise it with Franco.*

*I totally would've been fine with Nina/Franco offscreen forever and raising this baby in Canada - 3 unnecessary, shitty FV/RC additions removed in one fell swoop 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8