Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I won't lie.  I wouldn't mind that.  

I sure as fuck would. Not because I'm any huge fan of Monica and Tracy (even if Jane Elliot is great!) But because this ISN'T FUCKING OLTL. If Frank wants it, do a GoFundMe and hand this show off to someone who gives a shit about THIS show. And I realize peeps from other soaps have been hired, and they suck, too. I STILL can't fathom why Michelle Stafford is still here.

But for every pet hire, for every "name" with no real connection to this show, GH feels a little less like GH with every transplant hire with the God-awful shit writing.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Look what Bryan just tweeted!

Bryan Craig ‏@bryan_craig  9m9 minutes ago

the entertainment business is brutal

Didn't you say he has a 4 year contract with an option to leave at 3 years? Is it possible he's in negotiations, I wonder? Or just giving his Deep Thoughts on the business around him I guess.

He could be talking about Kelly, I thought I read she was going on some auditions. But yeah, I thought that's what his original contract said. It's been 3 years, Bryan. Take your out!

8 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

I'm actually on board for Bree. If Farah Fath ever shows up though, I really might be out.

If this happens, I'm so blaming you.

• Love 9

This is probably going to be an unpopular opinion, but I would have preferred an actress who didn't look like the majority of the women already on this show. I know GH is doing better than it did under Guza with diversity (even if giving Jordan the role of inept Police Commissioner and creating Valerie solely to be the spoiler for Lante isn't helping matters), but you'd think that TPTB might try to aim for new fans - different characters who new audiences can identify with.

Regurgitating actors from different soaps doesn't really seem to be the way to bolster the numbers of fans watching the show.

Of course, this show can't even give it's existing gay characters story when said characters work in General Hospital, but to me, it's still annoying all the same.

• Love 5

The part of Morgan Corinthos will now be played by OLTL alum David Gregory.  #GH #spectaularspring

Thank you for specifying that David Gregory was an OLTL alum. Must have appeared after I stopped watching. I was originally wondering why newsman/journalist David Gregory would show up to play Morgan Corinthos? Though I will not lie, I thought that sounded hilarious and awesome at the same time!

• Love 3

I can't catch a fuckin break between bitches at work(managers), Kirsten being out( which isn't surprising to me because I can feel she ani't been right since she announced her divorce. Being basically gone from twitter, no pictures at all with her baby, yet has seen about 5 pictures of Brandon & Harper since then had me thinking something wasn't right with her mentally) Molly Burnett as her replacement & Bree being cast as Claudette I feel like this is a collective fuck you.

I have not heard one good damn reason why we need fuckin Claudette. No one was clamoring for her too be cast or be seen. She will add nothing of value to the show at all. She playing a character that majority of the audience doesn't give a shit about. What is the fuckin point. Add in a quad from hell with a 3 newbies & a guy who has only been here for 2 yrs. That's going to go over real well.

I don't care how good you are on another soap that doesn't mean you're going to be good on here. Not one actor from Oltl, YR & AMC has been successful over here. RB who is 10x the actress too me then BW is can't make Hayden work. She was amazing as greenlee.

I don't understand why this show is so reliant on triangles & quad. What is it about character driven stories that is so hard to do? I'm 100% sure I'm about the only Naxie/Nathan fan on this board & I have no desire too see nor have I Given 0 fucks about Claudette or that relationship they had. If they wanted to give them something angst there is Maxie herself she comes with a whole bunch of issues that can be explored. Hell Nate has been shot twice & knocked upside his crome done & she hasn't run away yet. As many issues like abandonment & dead cop boyfriends that's surprising. They could have explored that but that would require them caring about a legacy character & the vet actress who play's her.

Tristan Rogers can't get a contract, Genie can't get a story with airtime to save her life, KW & JJY can't get a contact if there life dependend on it, Ryan Carne's can't get a story or full-time & RH a almost 20 yr vet can't get family or her mother cast. Yet they have money to bring in a family for Hayden who is useless,  BW who isn't cheap & probably has a contract & is a Oltl pet is playing a character most don't give damn about.

In what fuckin sense does any of these Decisions make.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Is Kirsten leaving for personal or is hers contract related too?

Sounds like it's a leave of absence. 

6 minutes ago, NiqueAlexis said:

I can't catch a fuckin break between bitches at work(managers), Kirsten being out( which isn't surprising to me because I can feel she ani't been right since she announced her divorce. Being basically gone from twitter, no pictures at all with her baby, yet has seen about 5 pictures of Brandon & Harper since then had me thinking something wasn't right with her mentally) Molly Burnett as her replacement & Bree being cast as Claudette I feel like this is a collective fuck you.

Aw sorry nique. It is pretty rough if you're a Maxie fan.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Because the other castings weren't crappy enough! At least this one is a known GH character, even if I HATE him:

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2016/05/27/bradford-anderson-returns-as-general-hospitals-spinelli

I had the same reaction too why God why fuckin god. I swear the collective gods hates us. No one needs his no chin funny face looking ass back either. He ani't nothing but Jason's bitch among other things.

6 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Sounds like it's a leave of absence. 

Aw sorry nique. It is pretty rough if you're a Maxie fan.

Sad thing is I should be use too it.

• Love 2

I've been trying to think what would be the best solution. If Jen Lilley were available she and ER would look like the Sweet Valley High twins. Robyn Richards would looks exactly like Genie Francis so that would be kinda weird. I was going to say she probably act for shit anymore either but neither can this Molly Burnett either apparently so. Molly Burnett can't be the answer though.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, NiqueAlexis said:

I had the same reaction too why God why fuckin god. I swear the collective gods hates us. No one needs his no chin funny face looking ass back either. He ani't nothing but Jason's bitch among other things.

No one but Spinelli fans I guess, which includes me. So very happy he's coming back! I hope it's for longer than in the past.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, NiqueAlexis said:

This summer is going to be rough. 

I've been a KSt fan since her Zenon days (clearly), so I'm relieved for the actress that she'll have some time to take care of herself and her daughter. It seems like she needs it.

But man, it was hard to sit through the constant harping about "Maximista" even for Kirsten. Pretty sure I will be fast forwarding all of Claudette/Nathan/Not!Maxie/Spinelli.

• Love 4

I have a feeling he won't be here for long and it will be more for Jason than Maxie. He's probably around to try and help Jason with these accusations.

Aw, this is cute. Genie is so pretty.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I was going to say she probably act for shit anymore either but neither can this Molly Burnett either apparently so. Molly Burnett can't be the answer though.

I would wait to judge her until you actually see her. I caught some of Days of Our Lives here and there and I didn't think she was that bad.

Just now, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I would wait to judge her until you actually see her. I caught some of Days of Our Lives here and there and I didn't think she was that bad.

But I love judging! pout. A couple of people I trust are saying it so I was going by that but hey, never know how I'm gonna feel.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I caught some of Days of Our Lives here and there and I didn't think she was that bad.

I also caught her on Days and think she was horrendous. So it's all subjective, I guess!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

I'm actually on board for Bree. If Farah Fath ever shows up though, I really might be out.

Oh God.   No.   No.  No.  I'd rather see Sonny get a weekly Shower of Angst than see this happen.   I think I'm going to stroke out.  Dammit.  I was eating!    

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I also caught her on Days and think she was horrendous. So it's all subjective, I guess!

Right. Which is why I was suggesting for someone who hasn't seen her to just wait and judge for themselves.

18 minutes ago, ulkis said:

But I love judging! pout. A couple of people I trust are saying it so I was going by that but hey, never know how I'm gonna feel.

She's  got a tendency to go to a baby voice, does have acting tics, kinda acts childish in scenes I watched.  She's lovely to look at though.   She plays the vixen,  bad girl okay.  But tends to come off as little girl like.  I don't know if she was directed as such or if it was writing.  Her character was up against Carly Manning.   So, um I'm not sure.   She reminded me of Bad Girl Sabrina, the Virgin Years.   I forgot who she was and had to refresh myself because Days did have a ton of interchangeable actresses at one point,  but they killed most of them off.  I would prefer Kate Mansini if I had to pick a Days actress.  I mean, she's no Charity Rahmer, but she's not Jen Lilley either.   

17 minutes ago, Chairperson Meow said:

She's  got a tendency to go to a baby voice, does have acting tics, kinda acts childish in scenes I watched.  She's lovely to look at though.   She plays the vixen,  bad girl okay.  But tends to come off as little girl like.  I don't know if she was directed as such or if it was writing.  Her character was up against Carly Manning.   So, um I'm not sure.   She reminded me of Bad Girl Sabrina, the Virgin Years.   I forgot who she was and had to refresh myself because Days did have a ton of interchangeable actresses at one point,  but they killed most of them off.  I would prefer Kate Mansini if I had to pick a Days actress.  I mean, she's no Charity Rahmer, but she's not Jen Lilley either.   

This is dangerously close to getting too off topic (not to mention a bit mean, and I try REALLY hard not to be like this), but Kate Mansi has always struck me as VERY unfortunate looking. It's that damn chin.

45 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I've been trying to think what would be the best solution. If Jen Lilley were available she and ER would look like the Sweet Valley High twins. Robyn Richards would looks exactly like Genie Francis so that would be kinda weird. I was going to say she probably act for shit anymore either but neither can this Molly Burnett either apparently so. Molly Burnett can't be the answer though.

RR DOES look like Genie. It's interesting to think she played Felicia's daughter, because she might have been more appropriate for Lulu once she was older looks wise. 

• Love 5

I didn't hate Molly Burnett on DAYS but a little of her goes a long way. And she shouldn't be on the show. This just seems like Uncle Frank's Wyld Ryde now - they're safe til probably 2018 so just do whatever. Next up: David Gregory! Brittany Underwood! And no, I don't want to hear about 'well, actually Brittany is talented' - of course she is, that doesn't mean she or Robin Strasser or Erika Slezak or anyone else from OLTL needs to be on this show given what Frank and Ron's fixations on their personal preferences have already done to it.

I'll just keep my mouth shut about Kirsten's latest exit but I hope she is well.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

lol at this tweet:

I'm not exactly mad at the notion, but only because I think Erika Slezak would actually force the show to write a story for Monica. Robin Strasser should be an unknown Cassadine or a doctor at the hospital going up against Erika's Monica.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kendall said:

I'm not exactly mad at the notion, but only because I think Erika Slezak would actually force the show to write a story for Monica. Robin Strasser should be an unknown Cassadine or a doctor at the hospital going up against Erika's Monica.

At least with Erika as Monica then AJ would get justice.  Sorry, Mo but you can't go against ES and win anything.  And RS as a Cassadine or new doctor?  Yes.  Hell, can ES be like an unknown Q sister?  Or Monica's sister?  If Frank is going to get soap name actresses/actors, then get good names.  I'd like to see ES tear Sonny/Carly apart for filth and show these kids how to act.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kendall said:

Given the sad state of Viki for most of OLTL's final years, I don't think Erika has that much pull...

11 hours ago, Aprilshowers said:

First Tyler now Kirsten WTF GH? So who's next off temporarily, shall we take bets?

[Kristin Alderson voiceover]today, the role of Laura Spencer will be played by Kim Zimmer, the role of Dante Falconeri will be played by Justin Gaston, and the role of Jordan will be played some random black woman who plays an extra on Grey's[/Kristin Alderson voiceover]

All jokes aside, Frank will solve the 'Molly Burnett isn't blonde' by spray-painting the Denise wig.

• Love 4

I don't really mind Molly Burnett, although I think she has a very high possibility of grating as Maxie, especially with overaged 1985 sitcom star Anderson and the husk of a Ken doll Paevey.  We'll see.

I'm more annoyed by Bad Acting Bree getting one more opportunity to show just how incapable she is of playing the vamp role that Valentini had a bizarre fetish for.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I hope Frank isn't stupid enough to hire that kid who played teen Jack on OLTL. I might have to bail if that "actor" ever shows up here. 

Andrew Trischetta?

Weren't he and Frank together a few years ago?

25 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:

I saw a tweet that said James Scott is coming on as a new Cassadine. 

Discuss. 

IIRC, he is on some new prime time show. Hopefully, the info is wrong. We don't need anymore people or "gets" from other soaps!

• Love 5
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:

I saw a tweet that said James Scott is coming on as a new Cassadine. 

Discuss. 

If that has any truth,  watch Alison Sweeney will then be casted as Sarah Webber finally and the Ejami 2.0 will start...  I mean what hell is Frank trying to do...  hes bloating the cast but to do what... yeah he'll get a slight ratings bump but it won't hold... Why not show your damn vets 3 times a week that made this show a success...  fans have been screaming for more Laura and Felicia but this fucker Frank won't utilize them at all.   

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Andrew Trischetta?

Weren't he and Frank together a few years ago?

Given that Andrew was still underage the last time he worked for Frank, I hope not. 

• Love 2

Thought I'd jump in re: James Scott.  The primetime show he filmed a little for - Wrecked - was basically a one and done for him, according to the preview of the show that I saw (which should be online somewhere).  So, afaik, he's not currently working on anything and hasn't in quite some time. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

At least with Erika as Monica then AJ would get justice.  Sorry, Mo but you can't go against ES and win anything.

Nobody at ABC cares about Erika Slezak though, or Monica. It's not like they'd hire Erika and suddenly say 'well, now Sonny has to stop winning, these old broads are here and I hear they're great!' Sonny would still be treated as the star of the show.

I love Viki and Dorian and Erika Slezak practically raised me through the TV set, but fuck no. First of all, it's not like the stories were doing Viki and Dorian great service on many of those later years on OLTL. Second and most important, if GH recast Leslie Charleson and/or added Robin Strasser to the show, the fans would revolt, storm the studio and take heads on spikes and rightly so. It would be beyond the pale and I would condemn it 100%, because Erika and Robin have no place on this show. It would be exactly what Frank is doing now only even worse.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

Thought I'd jump in re: James Scott.  The primetime show he filmed a little for - Wrecked - was basically a one and done for him, according to the preview of the show that I saw (which should be online somewhere).  So, afaik, he's not currently working on anything and hasn't in quite some time. 

James Scott is a good actor but he can chew up scenery like no one's business.   I MEAN EATS!!!  Which would make Frank cream on himself look at Howarth. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

James Scott is a good actor but he can chew up scenery like no one's business.   I MEAN EATS!!!  Which would make Frank cream on himself look at Howarth. 

Totally agree.  He is capable of being very good.....when he wants to be.  If he's not happy with the material, he either phones it in and deliberately tanks scenes/stories, or chews that scenery like it's going out of style.  I can see Frank moving heaven and earth to try to get him to join GH. 

2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

Second and most important, if GH recast Leslie Charleson and/or added Robin Strasser to the show, the fans would revolt, storm the studio and take heads on spikes and rightly so. It would be beyond the pale and I would condemn it 100%, because Erika and Robin have no place on this show.

Where are you getting that idea from? I know a lot of people whined and complained when ME, KA, and RH were brought; but that was mostly on-line people. There was no storming of the gates and revolting and I highly doubt that would happen if ES and/or RS came on. There might be a lot of anger if ES were a recast Monica but if either played other characters I don't think there would some huge riot where heads would roll. The only possible reason they wouldn't belong is because the cast is bloated already. But otherwise I wouldn't say they have no place on the show.

• Love 3

Yall just get ready for Bree to take over the show.   Wasn't she going to be OLTLs "it girl" before it was canceled.   Trust and believe because Bree is on the show she and the other characters like Nathan and Maxie and Dr Boring will be assured 4-5 days week top billing.  Frank has it set.

4 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Lol.   I know.  But Kate Mansini isn't a bad actress.   At least KA wasn't called to sub in.  Imagine the shit storm  then.  

Kate is so blend.   That's why I never liked her on Days.   Whoever is the new Abby better give me more fire than what I had to put up with for 4 yrs.  

• Love 2