Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Rumors are he's for Liz. Blech.

Instead what, the umpteenth man for Sam? The 3 guys circling Lulu? Even Maxie has had love interests created with her in mind. The last guy created for Liz was Ewen and that lasted before anything could happen, instead being sacrificed so Jason can be St.Jasus once again. Before that the last guy created for Liz to be paired with was Ric Lansing 13 years ago. Instead they place her in loser triangles (usually with Jason as one of the legs) because Becky is easily pair-able. 

• Love 10

Instead what, the umpteenth man for Sam? The 3 guys circling Lulu? Even Maxie has had love interests created with her in mind. The last guy created for Liz was Ewen and that lasted before anything could happen, instead being sacrificed so Jason can be St.Jasus once again. Before that the last guy created for Liz to be paired with was Ric Lansing 13 years ago. Instead they place her in loser triangles (usually with Jason as one of the legs) because Becky is easily pair-able. 

Put her back with Nik. Neither of them have any qualms or remorse over what they did, so it's perfect.

• Love 8

Put her back with Nik. Neither of them have any qualms or remorse over what they did, so it's perfect.

Is that better or worse than not having any remorse about killing a mentally ill fashion editor and smiling when she beat the charges. Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

It's too bad BM was Jason because I don't actually believe there are a ton of guys eager to start a relationship with a single mother with 3 children under 10 - 1 of whom is a zombie/future serial killer  (and 2 living baby-daddies). I can believe it of an amnesiac desperate to have connections and a family - but generally? No. 

• Love 4

This new man doesn't deserve to get stuck with Liez and her psychotic zombie son. And putting her in another relationship is the last thing the writers should be thinking about. How about she take some time to evaluate her life and the choices she's made and actually bother to parent her kids. Her relationship with Jason failed because of her lies, her relationship with Lucky failed because of her lies and cheating, and her whatever with Nik was disgusting. Maybe she could just chill for awhile. 

• Love 11

I really hope new doctor hates Sonny and is the only doctor that can treat him. I'll take someone being an asshole to Sonny if it means one less Sonny Fan. I think he looks kinda like Alan. What if he is an AJ spawn? As drunk as AJ allegedly was, I find the possibility of him having children all over more realistic than any other character. Say AJ started drinking in high school /boarding school, it's possible. It also makes for a very interesting story with ELQ.

• Love 2

I really hope new doctor hates Sonny and is the only doctor that can treat him. I'll take someone being an asshole to Sonny if it means one less Sonny Fan. I think he looks kinda like Alan. What if he is an AJ spawn? As drunk as AJ allegedly was, I find the possibility of him having children all over more realistic than any other character. Say AJ started drinking in high school /boarding school, it's possible. It also makes for a very interesting story with ELQ.

Nikki Langton now played by Sarah Brown and her child with AJ coming to town to destroy The Corinthii is still one of my dream storylines, pretty much one of two things that would ever get me to watch a new episode again.

And on a related note, it is the epitome of real motherfucking bullshit that Sonny now has six children yet AJ only had one and that one was stolen from him, Jax only had one and that one who loves Sonny, and Mac never had any biological children. Yes, he is Georgie & Mazie's father in every way that matters and did raise Robin for years, but still.

Nikki Langton now played by Sarah Brown and her child with AJ coming to town to destroy The Corinthii is still one of my dream storylines, pretty much one of two things that would ever get me to watch a new episode again.

And on a related note, it is the epitome of real motherfucking bullshit that Sonny now has six children yet AJ only had one and that one was stolen from him, Jax only had one and that one who loves Sonny, and Mac never had any biological children. Yes, he is Georgie & Mazie's father in every way that matters and did raise Robin for years, but still.

• Love 7

There is no still, imo. They are his kids. There was a moment where RC brought back Frisco and I thought they were going to lessen that, but thankfully it didn't last long. I suppose they could conjure up a long lost child, but imo it wouldn't het him a story so it seems kinda pointless.

Sonny does have too many kids. You know who I volunteer to have his paternity changed. :)

• Love 8

There is no still, imo. They are his kids. There was a moment where RC brought back Frisco and I thought they were going to lessen that, but thankfully it didn't last long. I suppose they could conjure up a long lost child, but imo it wouldn't het him a story so it seems kinda pointless.

Sonny does have too many kids. You know who I volunteer to have his paternity changed. :)

I'm not trying to take anything away from Mac's role in Robin, Maxine, and Georgie's lives; the latter two he is their father and Little Georgie's grandfather as far as I'm concerned. But I always wanted Mac & Felicia to have their own kid together.

As for changing the paternity of Sonny's children, the know the one he loves because he's a good man, I say change all of them. Dante's father is some random dude from Bensonhurst. Michael turns his back on Sonny (again). Kristina is some guy's that Alexis met at some lawyer convention or somethin. Morgan is Jax's. Remember, we never saw Carly tell Jax about the Sonny & Brenda kiss on screen. and then Avery is Morgan's.

Oh and if they recast TJ, just act like that psuedo-adoption or whatever that was never happened.

ETA: the show needs a new writer who needs to come in and retcon so many things, explaining any inconsistencies as 'Helena was dousing the town in hallucinogenic gas for years'. Robin can even cure it via UPS between commercial breaks. N

It'd be like when All My Kids recast that character in the middle of a hug. Come back from a commercial break in the middle of an episode, give us one line akin to 'thank god Robin found a cure for Helen's hallucenogic gas' and move the fuck on.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 8

I wonder what prompted Kristen to say something that random. I thought they ended fairly amicably.

I mean, not that I really care or anything, but human curiosity and all that. ;) 

I haven't spared so much as a thought to their split before now, but, I admit, I'm curious now.  Maybe BryDog will get all indignant on his buddy's behalf and spill the details.  

On the new guy, I'll be thrilled if he's here for Liz to save her from JaSam hell.  About damn time.  As long as the writers don't "Ewen" him.  And, hey, a love story between a doctor and a nurse on a show called General Hospital.  What a novel concept! 

• Love 9

Mac is definitely Maxie and Georgie's father--but--UO, I guess--the F&F fan in me still feels bad about how Frisco wound up a deadbeat dad due to the unspeakable crime of Jack Wagner leaving the show and actually getting roles on a prime time show like Melrose Place. OMG, FINISH HIM. Instead of, you know, giving the girls a way where they can say that have two dads. But we can't have that, can we?

But of course, that's water under the bridge. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2

I really hope new doctor hates Sonny and is the only doctor that can treat him. I'll take someone being an asshole to Sonny if it means one less Sonny Fan. I think he looks kinda like Alan.

As I said in the Spoilers thread, I think he is almost a dead ringer for John J. York.  And this show really does need more Scorpios and less Corinthii.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2

Mac is definitely Maxie and Georgie's father--but--UO, I guess--the F&F fan in me still feels bad about how Frisco wound up a deadbeat dad due to the unspeakable crime of Jack Wagner leaving the show and actually getting roles on a prime time show like Melrose Place. OMG, FINISH HIM. Instead of, you know, giving the girls a way where they can say that have two dads. But we can't have that, can we?

But of course, that's water under the bridge. 

Not unpopular with me. I guess Soaps have always been as petty as shit when their actors decide to seek better career opportunities. They could have had Frisco still be involved in the girls lives, while Mac could be have been the dedicated step father who held down the home front. There was a nice story out of Ohio where a father invited the step father to help him walk his daughter down the aisle. Don't see why something similar couldn't have happened on GH.

• Love 1

Not unpopular with me. I guess Soaps have always been as petty as shit when their actors decide to seek better career opportunities. They could have had Frisco still be involved in the girls lives, while Mac could be have been the dedicated step father who held down the home front. There was a nice story out of Ohio where a father invited the step father to help him walk his daughter down the aisle. Don't see why something similar couldn't have happened on GH.

They could have easily said that Frisco was sending presents/letters to the girls or if they were offscreen for a little, someone could have mentioned could have said that they were visiting their father somewhere. 

And hilariously enough, Frisco's been mentioned more in the past three years since his last visit than he had in the previous 18 years (between 1995 - the visit when he met infant Georgie - and the 2013 arc). My absolute favorite thing was RC saying they had no more story for Frisco beyond the 10-episode arc JW signed up for, but yet they loved having people mention him, call him for WSB help, and trash him for months/years after he left. 

Apparently, JW wasn't exactly thrilled with how they were writing Frisco during his 2013 visit. Back in the day, Wendy Riche allowed him to help out, give story ideas, directions, etc. whenever he came back, so the visits would actually honor F&F's history because she wasn't with the show at the time of F&F's heyday. Well, RC and FV weren't having that, and they did what they did to Frisco at the Nurses' Ball in 2013. Oh, and ABC had JW go on a press tour with some of the cast to promote the 50th anniversary which is even more of a kick to the gut because he had to sit there and talk about how excited he was, meanwhile he was stewing about what they did to Frisco at the Nurses' Ball.

Flash forward to a few months later and JW breaks his silence and finally goes off on Twitter about how badly they treated his character.

Personally, if I were JJY, I also would have been annoyed with what they did to Mac during that storyline. He acted like a hot headed teenager, which I guess is par for the course with RC's writing. He couldn't write adults in a love triangle if his life depended on it, and it was embarrassing to see that mess unfold. They could have easily written a Frisco/Felicia/Mac triangle with Mac as the ultimate winner, and Frisco leaving town without completely trashing Frisco and Felicia's history, but no, RC had to be a vindictive twatwaffle and have Felicia humiliate Frisco, have him leave town with his tail between his legs, and nearly undo all of the goodwill he had earned with Maxie during his short visit. Oh, and Olivia trashing Frisco after he left the Nurses' Ball wasn't cool either, but that was another RC special. Just like the fat AJ jokes. 

I'm just really glad RC's gone. I wish the new writers wouldn't continue with his shitty storylines, and characters, and come up with new things, but I realize am asking for way too much. 

(Sorry for the long-windedness of this post, but when I see people trash Frisco, my dander goes up.)

• Love 4

Box305, I agree with your post. Ron was a true petty little man.

I try to ignore the clusterfuck that occurred and remember that JW and KW were able to resolve some personal issues and become friends again. They're even working on that Hallmark show together.

• Love 4

I cannot tell you how much I was hoping that that tweet was Varni announcing FV/SA/JP had been replaced by people who are competent and that he'd decided to retire because soap fans hurt his feelings

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 10

I cannot tell you how much I was hoping that that tweet was Varni announcing FV/SA/JP had been replaced by people who are competent and that he'd decided to retire because soap fans hurt his feelings

At this point it has become "be careful what you wish for".

• Love 1

Hi, we don't do politics on the site. Long standing rule. That's why I removed some posts, always leads to tears and flames. Thanks.

Oh, man, how is there not an "NLG drunk tweet" exception to this rule?  Cuz it aint' about the politics per se.

But I get it and am not challenging the rule. I just can't pass up the opportunity to legitimately use the phrase "NLG drunk tweet."

• Love 6

Oh, man, how is there not an "NLG drunk tweet" exception to this rule?  Cuz it aint' about the politics per se.

But I get it and am not challenging the rule. I just can't pass up the opportunity to legitimately use the phrase "NLG drunk tweet."

Because it took 2 posts until it devolved from that to I'm right, you're wrong stuff.

• Love 4

I didn't see anyone arguing over the politics when either of us posted it and I don't think it differs much from NLG's wild commentary on Viola Davis (which we had a field day with), but maybe I just didn't refresh enough. Whatever makes the board happy.

• Love 1

Could someone PM me on the NLG thing? I looked at her Twitter feed but couldn't figure out which tweet it was about (which says a lot right there, lol) and I missed the posts here. Thanks! 

Ah! Fin live-tweeted today. Just scrolled through it real quick. I always love how she says Robin is the love of Anna's life. And her fave storyline since 2012 was anything with Kim, Jason, and Vinessa. She loves Brooklyn. She said filming last Scrubs stuff was so sad, but fun. She's having fun with Tristan. Stafford makes her laugh. She loves Mo.

• Love 1

Could someone PM me on the NLG thing? I looked at her Twitter feed but couldn't figure out which tweet it was about (which says a lot right there, lol) and I missed the posts here. Thanks! 

Can someone PM me as well, please? I missed the hullabaloo and I love a good hullabaloo!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Considering the ratings, I guess there's a LOT of non true fans then! Good to know.

I especially love the part where he says that "true fans " will just seem to "eat it up" and "sit back and watch". So.. because we actually care about the quality of what we are watching - what we have been watching for years- we are not real fans?

Okay. Good to know how ABC feels.

• Love 7

And does he really think the contingent of "true fans" he so stereotypically lovingly described vs. the ones who comment on the show on social media is...larger?  Or growing?

It's just a super tone deaf quote.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4