Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: I Like Them All, I Just Can't Choose!

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Richard Chamberlain as Dr. Kildare was my first TV Boyfriend, at age 7.

He captivated a generation of the under 10 set, apparently. :-)

I later moved on to David Cassidy but the poster I bought and hung in my bedroom was Steve McQueen on his motorcycle.

The adult coloring book resurgence is funny to me because I used to enjoy doing them in the 70s. Oversized books with groovy images from Peter Max and the like. So many peace signs!

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lord Donia said:

I later moved on to David Cassidy but the poster I bought and hung in my bedroom was Steve McQueen on his motorcycle.

The adult coloring book resurgence is funny to me because I used to enjoy doing them in the 70s. Oversized books with groovy images from Peter Max and the like. So many peace signs!

I was wondering if someone else remembered the earlier coloring craze(s)! I remember being really interested in them in probably the mid-80s; mostly books with fantasy scenes and designs, IIRC. I had a really nice set of Pentel markers that I used. My nephew got me a Game of Thrones coloring book and some pencils for Christmas, but I haven't used them yet. I guess I went through my "coloring phase" years ago, and it doesn't interest me so much now. I have a jigsaw puzzle app on my iPad, and that's what I play with when I want some mindless fun while semi-watching TV. However, I have been thinking about getting an Apple Pencil for my iPad, and buying one of the coloring apps available.

I had strange crushes when I was really young (under 10). The first I can remember are Ken Berry from F Troop, and Robert Clary from Hogan's Heroes. I got more "normal" as I got older, but I always have had a soft spot for "cute" (even ugly-cute) over handsome.

3 hours ago, Thumper said:

Richard Chamberlain as Dr. Kildare was my first TV Boyfriend, at age 7.  I even had a photo of him in my wallet!  My mom wouldn't let me watch his show after awhile because I became too worried about diseases.  He was very very handsome (and good!) in "The Thorn Birds" too.  I believe I also had a crush on Chad Everett and James Brolin on their medical shows, although I was turned off by their greasy hair.  

James Brolin still looks fantastic - Babs (Barbra Streisand) is a lucky woman. He's currently on a CBS show, "Life in Pieces." Chad Everett looked good but apparently was a jackass in real life. He went on a talk show of that era (the Merv Griffin show probably) and referred to his then-wife as his "personal property." It was a PR nightmare for him - rightly so!

2 minutes ago, MichelleAK said:

I was wondering if someone else remembered the earlier coloring craze(s)! I remember being really interested in them in probably the mid-80s; mostly books with fantasy scenes and designs, IIRC. I had a really nice set of Pentel markers that I used. My nephew got me a Game of Thrones coloring book and some pencils for Christmas, but I haven't used them yet. I guess I went through my "coloring phase" years ago, and it doesn't interest me so much now. I have a jigsaw puzzle app on my iPad, and that's what I play with when I want some mindless fun while semi-watching TV. However, I have been thinking about getting an Apple Pencil for my iPad, and buying one of the coloring apps available.

I had strange crushes when I was really young (under 10). The first I can remember are Ken Berry from F Troop, and Robert Clary from Hogan's Heroes. I got more "normal" as I got older, but I always have had a soft spot for "cute" (even ugly-cute) over handsome.

I laughed when I read about your strange crushes. I had a couple myself. When I was really little, I loved Moe of the Three Stooges. Also Bud Abbott from Abbott and Costello. Peter Lawford from Sinatra's Rat Pack was another one. I'm sure my parents were thrilled when I finally had a normal crush on Paul McCartney!

Robert Clary went on to do a couple of soap operas. What made me laugh is that the writers weren't very inventive with his character names. In one soap he was "Robert (said the French way) LeClare," and in another soap he was "Pierre LeClare."

26 minutes ago, MichelleAK said:

Ken Barry was cute!

1 hour ago, Booney said:

I laughed when I read about your strange crushes. I had a couple myself. When I was really little, I loved Moe of the Three Stooges. Also Bud Abbott from Abbott and Costello. Peter Lawford from Sinatra's Rat Pack was another one. I'm sure my parents were thrilled when I finally had a normal crush on Paul McCartney!

Robert Clary went on to do a couple of soap operas. What made me laugh is that the writers weren't very inventive with his character names. In one soap he was "Robert (said the French way) LeClare," and in another soap he was "Pierre LeClare."

Yep, he was Robert on Days of Our Lives, and I loved him there, too. That was my favorite soap until it veered into that supernatural crap (Marlena possessed by a demon or whatever). I switched over to All My Children, until it was ruined by the writers who took over after Agnes Nixon stopped being involved. They turned it into a crappy version of General Hospital, and ruined the women characters.

17 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I'm still reeling a little bit from @ennui's post about pics showing up in a Google search.  I've literally been randomly googling and seeing if any of mine show up.  So far, no. 

I think Google stores everything.  I have a gmail account I only use for a private  Google Group I belong to.  On my gmail profile, I used a picture of one of my cats.  I've since seen that same picture in a couple of places totally unrelated to that Group.  It was creepy.

9 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I saw some expensive adult coloring stuff on HSN, and then my Mum, who was in hospice, mentioned the crappy 5 color crayons they had.  I bought a shitpile of adult coloring books at the dollar store, and a couple of big packs of multi-colored Sharpies at Walmart.  She loved them, and I got into it a little myself.  Very relaxing, I must say.  I set it aside when she died last year, but will probably go back to it after I get cataract surgery and see a little better.  :-)

I love this. I'm glad you found something she loved. And, it's something you shared together. My grandfather enjoyed playing dominoes. I was his little playing buddy since I was about 8 yrs old. It seemed a little thing back then, but now I cherish those memories since it was just between me and him. 

5 color crayons? Did they swipe their crayon packs from the hostess stand at Kip's Big Boy? It's hard to get excited over 5. 

I hadn't thought of checking the dollar store for books. Thanks for the heads up. I need to look around more while I'm there. Another poster said she got a cheap pair of reading glasses there. I found some. 

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

Richard Chamberlain as Dr. Kildare was my first TV Boyfriend, at age 7.  I even had a photo of him in my wallet!  My mom wouldn't let me watch his show after awhile because I became too worried about diseases.  He was very very handsome (and good!) in "The Thorn Birds" too.  I believe I also had a crush on Chad Everett and James Brolin on their medical shows, although I was turned off by their greasy hair.  

LOL I told my mom I didn't like doctors. They're bad luck. Whenever you talked to one they'd find something wrong with you. I was about 5 watching Dr. Kildare. As I got older, I figured out it was written in the script that way. 

Richard Chamberlain was wonderful in "Shogun". I watched it only because RC was the main character. It was a brutal movie, but I liked him in it. He was good in "The Thorn Birds" and as Allan Quartermaine in "King Solomon's Mines".

e2a52de72e5c2fa2ebb8f9ec703f06aa.jpg

9 minutes ago, TexasTiffany said:

I love this. I'm glad you found something she loved. And, it's something you shared together. My grandfather enjoyed playing dominoes. I was his little playing buddy since I was about 8 yrs old. It seemed a little thing back then, but now I cherish those memories since it was just between me and him. 

5 color crayons? Did they swipe their crayon packs from the hostess stand at Kip's Big Boy? It's hard to get excited over 5. 

I hadn't thought of checking the dollar store for books. Thanks for the heads up. I need to look around more while I'm there. Another poster said she got a cheap pair of reading glasses there. I found some. 

Yes, I bought a boatload of those coloring books at the dollar store, and sent another bunch of them to Mum's hospice after she died, as some of the other patients enjoyed sharing her pens & books while she was there.  The nurses appreciated it, as coloring is apparently a calming activity that also seems to distract from the harsh reality of one's circumstances.  I can't believe they didn't have any supplies themselves - the 5 crappy crayons & 1 kid's coloring book they had were left over from some poor child's visit.  :-(

I had Dr. Kildare AND Ben Casey wallet cards as a child - then I had to beg Mum for a wallet to put them in!  :-)

Another childhood crush - Clint Eastwood in Rawhide (?) sorta came true in later life - I lived with a guy who was the spitting image of Clint Eastwood's imaginary younger brother.  It was uncanny.  He turned into a raging asshole, though ...

3 hours ago, Booney said:

My parents didn't like that I had a crush on David Cassidy. For my birthday I wanted a record player and David Cassidy albums. They said no. When I was 8 they got me that record player with a record of... Tom Jones "She's a Lady" album. Huh? Tom Jones who? lol My mom didn't want me to like David Cassidy but hip thrusting Tom Jones was okay? Eventually I convinced my mom that it was okay to get DC's album since his mom was on the cover. 

3 hours ago, Booney said:

Chad Everett looked good but apparently was a jackass in real life. He went on a talk show of that era (the Merv Griffin show probably) and referred to his then-wife as his "personal property." It was a PR nightmare for him - rightly so!

I didn't know that. What a dang pig he was! I'm glad he caught heck for it. Apparently, his wife did not divorce him. They married in 1966 and stayed married until her death in 2011. He died in 2012. "Medical Center" needed a psychiatric ward.

1 hour ago, TexasTiffany said:

LOL I told my mom I didn't like doctors. They're bad luck. Whenever you talked to one they'd find something wrong with you. I was about 5 watching Dr. Kildare. As I got older, I figured out it was written in the script that way. 

Richard Chamberlain was wonderful in "Shogun". I watched it only because RC was the main character. It was a brutal movie, but I liked him in it. He was good in "The Thorn Birds" and as Allan Quartermaine in "King Solomon's Mines".

e2a52de72e5c2fa2ebb8f9ec703f06aa.jpg

I was a huge Chamberlain fan too! I loved him in Shogun and Thorn Birds. Has anybody read the books? They're great. Shogun by James Clavell, and The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough. I've read several of Clavell's novels, and I want to start reading McCullough's other novels.

29 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

She's a doll.  In my head I'm going to call her Lucky Penny!

OMG Booney you made my daily laugh fix - you loved Moe.  I'm not going to tell anyone my little girl crushes as they made zero sense, but I loved this! Btw, "Moe's" daughter said he was a wonderful man and father. 

Yep, this guy floated my boat! :-)

Moe.jpg.3c7e6b766363ed8391a423a726e08ef0.jpg

8 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

Yep, he was Robert on Days of Our Lives, and I loved him there, too. That was my favorite soap until it veered into that supernatural crap (Marlena possessed by a demon or whatever). I switched over to All My Children, until it was ruined by the writers who took over after Agnes Nixon stopped being involved. They turned it into a crappy version of General Hospital, and ruined the women characters.

I had the same experience with All My Children. I watched it for years but eventually gave it up for the reason you mentioned - the plots just got stupid. In its glory days, it was the best. All those wonderful characters - Erica Kane, of course, Phoebe, Benny and Donna, Chuck and Tara, Tad and Dixie...sigh. I also watched One Life to Live, Ryan's Hope, Another World and Somerset back in the day.

(edited)
On 5/11/2017 at 7:37 PM, kittygirl said:

I enjoy this *ZEN* thread. I too get cranky on other site at times so don't post much. I am doing better since using the ignore feature. The need of some posters to be the authority and final word on every topic gets to me. I value all opinions and viewpoints and don't need the stress that can erupt. So I try to be calm and just scroll over some. After all it's supposed to be a fun, relaxing activity.

Many times the vitriol is out of control; then it becomes (between the posters) a competition: as in, my vitriol is more vitriolic than your vitriol.

Some of the posts made about the hosts & ex-hosts are ironic indeed.

Edited by artisto
Had more to say
2 hours ago, Booney said:

Yep, this guy floated my boat! :-)

Moe.jpg.3c7e6b766363ed8391a423a726e08ef0.jpg

It's early, but funniest comment of the day!

I've never been drawn to beefcake-ish guys; I had crushes on the funny, gangly dorks. For real, in the 80s:

sexy.JPG

(edited)
9 hours ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

I think Google stores everything.  I have a gmail account I only use for a private  Google Group I belong to.  On my gmail profile, I used a picture of one of my cats.  I've since seen that same picture in a couple of places totally unrelated to that Group.  It was creepy.

Your posts about this have made me a little nervous about posting the pic of the grandkids as our flower girl and ring bearer. I'm going to go back and remove the pic. Thanks for calling this issue to our attention!

Edited by Booney
(edited)
16 hours ago, Booney said:

@Booney, are you my long-lost sister???  I can't believe there was anyone else who thought Moe was the bee's knees, lol!!!!  To this day I still cannot explain the attraction....

Get this -- my late father was a Bud Abbott lookalike, so much so that I actually thought Dad was an actor in Hollywood before moving to the Bronx and raising our family.

I never got into (so to speak) Peter Lawford but he was definitely dreamboat material in the mid-forties whenever M.G.M. needed a young, handsome, "aristocratic" looking Englishman to add "prestige" to their movies.

But the biggest crush I ever had -- and probably still do on some level -- was Bela Lugosi.  Ever since seeing him in a Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine at the local candy store/hamburger joint back in da Bronx, I was instantly smitten.  It was a photo of Bela as Count Dracula and I was mesmerized.  It wasn't so much the character as I am not attracted to vampires but Lugosi himself. Like Moe, I still haven't figured it out.  I accumulated an extensive collection of rare photographs of Bela from his films and private life, and when I lived in Los Angeles corresponded with fans who actually knew him.  One of them sent me HIS BATHROBE (authenticated) which I slept with for years.  I met Bela's lawyer son. (spitting image)  I had to miss a Bela Lugosi convention one year because of the flu and I was devastated.  I missed seeing Carroll Borland (Bat Girl Luna from Mark of the Vampire) and wife number four Lillian.  To this day I feel bad.

Oh, I also had the hots for Paul Muni.

Edited by Bronx Babe
Chad Everett always creeped me out
12 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

@Booney, are you my long-lost sister???  I can't believe there was anyone else who thought Moe was the bee's knees, lol!!!!  To this day I still cannot explain the attraction....

Get this -- my late father was a Bud Abbott lookalike, so much so that I actually thought Dad was an actor in Hollywood before moving to the Bronx and raising our family.

I never got into (so to speak) Peter Lawford but he was definitely dreamboat material in the mid-forties whenever M.G.M. needed a young, handsome, "aristocratic" looking Englishman to add "prestige" to their movies.

But the biggest crush I ever had -- and probably still do on some level -- was Bela Lugosi.  Ever since seeing him in a Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine at the local candy store/hamburger joint back in da Bronx, I was instantly smitten.  It was a photo of Bela as Count Dracula and I was mesmerized.  It wasn't so much the character as I am not attracted to vampires but Lugosi himself. Like Moe, I still haven't figured it out.  I accumulated an extensive collection of rare photographs of Bela from his films and private life, and when I lived in Los Angeles corresponded with fans who actually knew him.  One of them sent me HIS BATHROBE (authenticated) which I slept with for years.  I met Bela's lawyer son. (spitting image)  I had to miss a Bela Lugosi convention one year because of the flu and I was devastated.  I missed seeing Carroll Borland (Mark of the Vampire) and wife number four Lillian.  To this day I feel bad.

Me neither - lol!! We could keep a therapist busy for years trying to figure that one out!!

@Booney  You got that right!

Let me see -- Moe, Bud and Bela were, well, very authoritative in the characters they portrayed.

But I've never been a woman who was attracted to the bad boy types.  Go figure.

I don't understand Paul Muni, however.  But for some reason I found him adorable as a scruffy French-Canadian fur trapper in Hudson's Bay.  That's where I first fell in love, lol.

13 hours ago, Booney said:

Well my favorite Beatle was Ringo, I think I felt sorry for him because he was the least popular.

33 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Okay people, speaking of going down memory lane with soaps, anyone remember Dark Shadows!  I loved Barnabas Collins!  He kinda looked like Moe, but had fangs.   I used to run from school so I could see this.

I would hurry to watch it too, but depended on how fast the school bus was going!  Quentin was my odd crush.   It's funny now to see reruns of it -- the production value is soooo bad.  But we loved it!

50 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Okay people, speaking of going down memory lane with soaps, anyone remember Dark Shadows!  I loved Barnabas Collins!  He kinda looked like Moe, but had fangs.   I used to run from school so I could see this.

15 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I would hurry to watch it too, but depended on how fast the school bus was going!  Quentin was my odd crush.   It's funny now to see reruns of it -- the production value is soooo bad.  But we loved it!

In case you didn't know--there is a forum for Dark Shadows at PTV--with lots of topics. You both have plenty of company in your love for it.

15 minutes ago, SeriousPurrs said:

In case you didn't know--there is a forum for Dark Shadows at PTV--with lots of topics. You both have plenty of company in your love for it.

It didn't last long, but I remember being obsessed with " Love Is a Many Splendored Thing". It had Donna Mills, David Birney and Leslie Charleson. I found an episode on YouTube, and it was a hoot seeing it again.

2 hours ago, Bronx Babe said:

But the biggest crush I ever had -- and probably still do on some level -- was Bela Lugosi.  Ever since seeing him in a Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine at the local candy store/hamburger joint back in da Bronx, I was instantly smitten.  It was a photo of Bela as Count Dracula and I was mesmerized.  It wasn't so much the character as I am not attracted to vampires but Lugosi himself. Like Moe, I still haven't figured it out.  I accumulated an extensive collection of rare photographs of Bela from his films and private life, and when I lived in Los Angeles corresponded with fans who actually knew him.  One of them sent me HIS BATHROBE (authenticated) which I slept with for years.  I met Bela's lawyer son. (spitting image)  I had to miss a Bela Lugosi convention one year because of the flu and I was devastated.  I missed seeing Carroll Borland (Mark of the Vampire) and wife number four Lillian.  To this day I feel bad.

OMG! Another fan of Bela the man instead of just Bela the Dracula actor. I always thought he was so handsome and charismatic (and his son is too!). I envy your collection of memorabilia and your contacts with his fans.

misc pics Bela Lugosi, young.jpg

(edited)
1 hour ago, Coffeecup said:

OMG! Another fan of Bela the man instead of just Bela the Dracula actor. I always thought he was so handsome and charismatic (and his son is too!). I envy your collection of memorabilia and your contacts with his fans.

misc pics Bela Lugosi, young.jpg

I eventually sold my collection (including Bela's bathrobe) at some fan convention and raked in a pretty penny.  I was quite a rabid Lugosi lover which in the back of my mind I did think was somewhat odd even if I couldn't analyze the attraction.  I still have lingering affection for him to this day, although it's not exactly the grand passion it used to be.  Bela's son will turn 80 next year -- hard to believe!

At the other end of the spectrum, I had and still have romantic fantasies about Nelson Eddy in his Royal Canadian Mounted Police uniform.

Edited by Bronx Babe

If I think real hard, I think my first tv crush was James Stacey on Lancer. I don't think he turned out to be a nice person, though. He recently passed from cancer. 

I think the appeal of Moe was brains -- he was the smart one. I also liked Ken Berry and Dan Blocker. 

3 hours ago, SeriousPurrs said:

I went to that forum and read a bit.  It is not very active and the people who post there remember a LOT more than I do (storylines, etc.)!   I am not worthy!   The "Bloopers" thread is pretty funny, though.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Lady J said:

It didn't last long, but I remember being obsessed with " Love Is a Many Splendored Thing". It had Donna Mills, David Birney and Leslie Charleson. I found an episode on YouTube, and it was a hoot seeing it again.

That show had one of the best looking casts in soap history! Another one with incredibly good-looking people was the original Young and the Restless cast. That show had one of my favorite names for a soap character - "Snapper." 

Edited by Booney
15 minutes ago, Booney said:

That show had one of the best looking casts in soap history! Another one with incredibly good-looking people was the original Young and the Restless cast. That show had one of my favorite names for a soap character - "Snapper." 

I remember Snapper, my mom always called Snapper's mom " the factory lady" because they always made an issue of it. I had fun one night watching a bunch of old soaps on youtube, and seeing the old commercials was half the fun.

49 minutes ago, ennui said:

If I think real hard, I think my first tv crush was James Stacey on Lancer. I don't think he turned out to be a nice person, though. He recently passed from cancer. 

I think the appeal of Moe was brains -- he was the smart one. I also liked Ken Berry and Dan Blocker. 

All those Bonanza boys were eye candy (well, maybe with the exception of Lorne Greene and Hop Sing). Pernell Roberts was the oldest son and he was another hunk. They raised some fine beefcake on that testosterone-fueled ranch!

13 minutes ago, ennui said:

Which Snapper? David Hasselhoff?

No, the original one - William Gray Espy. Better looking that the Hoff IMO -

Snapper.jpg.a5c98f0cef61fc60c7b82b354f60ac20.jpg

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Lady J said:

Does anyone remember "Cimarron Strip", I was in love with Stuart .Whitman".

Me azzz well!

And what about Efrem Zimbalist (sigh...) in 77 Sunset Strip?

Edited by Bronx Babe
23 hours ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Butchart Gardens is beautiful!  I love how they edge all of their garden beds.  I've bookmarked it so that I can check in June and see what pictures they have up.

There are a couple of places I truly love - Longwood Gardens is good, but The New York Botanical Gardens!  I could get lost in the New York BG for days.

I always wanted to go to the Christmas time train show at the Bronx Botanical Gardens.  I haven't made it there yet.  

11 hours ago, Booney said:

I had the same experience with All My Children. I watched it for years but eventually gave it up for the reason you mentioned - the plots just got stupid. In its glory days, it was the best. All those wonderful characters - Erica Kane, of course, Phoebe, Benny and Donna, Chuck and Tara, Tad and Dixie...sigh. I also watched One Life to Live, Ryan's Hope, Another World and Somerset back in the day.

AMC and Another World were my "stories". My mom and grandmother watched them and I happened to catch on in the late 80s. When my boys were born, I started watching One Life to Live since I already had the channel on. I've watched General Hospital sporadically over the last five years, but I haven't watched in about a year. 

23 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

The Thorn Birds was everything!  (and a little scandalous!)

I think one of my favorites, Barbara Stanwyck, was in that?  It was well done.  Sometimes the movie is a disappointment compared to the book.

(edited)
2 hours ago, ennui said:

I think the appeal of Moe was brains -- he was the smart one.

For me he was the best looking Stooge, which actually now that I think about it really isn't saying much.

Edited by Bronx Babe
"Pick out two!"
22 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

No, no, no?  Bobby Sherman all the way? I tried to convince my David Cassidy loving friend of this to no avail.

I mean the velvet choker, the suede vest.  Sigh.

1 hour ago, Booney said:

All those Bonanza boys were eye candy (well, maybe with the exception of Lorne Greene and Hop Sing). Pernell Roberts was the oldest son and he was another hunk. They raised some fine beefcake on that testosterone-fueled ranch!

My grandmother had the hots for Lorne Greene!  I remember her saying he could "park his cowboy boots under my bed anytime" or "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers".  This would embarrass MamaCarpeDiem no end.  LOL.  She'd say, "Mother!  Not in front of the kids!"

17 minutes ago, Bronx Babe said:

Me azzz well!

And what about Efrem Zimbalist (sigh...) in 77 Sunset Strip?

Oh!  Roger Smith was dreamy, too.

A company I worked for sold "high end" residential carpet through interior designers.  One day Mrs. Smith called me about a question on her invoice.  It was Ann-Margaret!  

21 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

I don't remember the earlier coloring craze but I would like to try colored pencils or markers but I haven't seen any books that I like. I love doing online jigsaw puzzles.  I hadn't thought about it until someone posted about it. I think it was @Fishy.  Thanks!  My first weird crush was Robin, the Boy Wonder. 

2 minutes ago, CarpeDiem54 said:

My grandmother had the hots for Lorne Greene!  I remember her saying he could "park his cowboy boots under my bed anytime" or "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers".  This would embarrass MamaCarpeDiem no end.  LOL.  She'd say, "Mother!  Not in front of the kids!"

Oh!  Roger Smith was dreamy, too.

A company I worked for sold "high end" residential carpet through interior designers.  One day Mrs. Smith called me about a question on her invoice.  It was Ann-Margaret!  

Sounds like MamaCarpeDiem followed in GrandmaCarpeDiem's footsteps, from some of the stories you've shared with us!  Very funny!

24 minutes ago, SentimentalLady said:

No, no, no?  Bobby Sherman all the way? I tried to convince my David Cassidy loving friend of this to no avail.

I mean the velvet choker, the suede vest.  Sigh.

I like Bobby Sherman, but after watching "Here Comes the Brides," I was more attracted to the hunky older brother, Jeremy.  Don't remember the actor's name.   More manly. Some of those teen favorites, like Donny Osmond, were too girly looking for me, even in Jr. High.  Especially Donny.  Sorry Donny fans -- I have many friends who LUV❤️ him too!   ?