Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

Kromm
  • Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, Blackcanary said:

This week's advance review.

I liked this a little better on re-watching, but still wasn't too impressed overall.

Is there going to be an advanced review for the next episode of Gotham? Or does the holiday weekend change that? Just curious about the next episode and your thoughts.

13 hours ago, Horsesrunwild said:

Is there going to be an advanced review for the next episode of Gotham? Or does the holiday weekend change that? Just curious about the next episode and your thoughts.

Unfortunately, there's been no screener put up yet, so I haven't seen it! I know it's Memorial weekend in the states, so i'm doubtful it will get put up at all now. The Lucifer one did get posted, so i'm curious as to why Gotham didn't....

On May 25, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Kostgard said:

I've seen some people upset that others don't like Lee when she hasn't done anything terrible while these same viewers continue to like characters who will kill people at the drop of a hat. But that's just it - Lee hasn't done anything nearly all season except dump on Jim. It's boring. That's Lee's crime here - she's boring.

I don't hate Lee because she's boring. I hate her because she's a whiny, fickle, self-righteous, hypocritical [REDACTED].

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Blackcanary said:

Unfortunately, there's been no screener put up yet, so I haven't seen it! I know it's Memorial weekend in the states, so i'm doubtful it will get put up at all now. The Lucifer one did get posted, so i'm curious as to why Gotham didn't....

Thanks. I wonder why one was not put up too. Hope it not because it is not a good episode. Or they are trying to surprise us.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've got my money on Babs being "Harley."

The blurb for the final episode said something like "Alliances are broken, and new ones are formed." I'm pretty sure the broken alliance is going to be Babs/Tabs/Butch/Ed. Tabs and Butch already have one foot out the door. One more little push from Babs is all it is going to take for them to leave. And if Fish comes in and extends a hand to Butch, he will absolutely take it. Ed was never really a teammate for Babs - as he illustrated in this past episode, it's all about his obsession with getting Oswald, and he really doesn't care what Babs wants/needs. She's just currently useful to him because he needs back up. She'll either dump him when he won't let go of his Oswald obsession to help her get what she wants, or he will break off once he decides Babs and her needs are getting in the way of his obsession. One or both of them will walk away from the partnership, leaving Babs alone. She will probably do something foolish, and something terrible will happen to her. And when something terrible happens to her, Babs goes a little crazy. Maybe she ends up arrested and back in Arkham, where someone (who has shown interest in her in the past) may be waiting with his newly sewn on face.

Plus, if Babs falls, that means the throne of Gotham's underworld is back up for grabs. Will Oswald get it back? Will Ed take it (I don't think Ed is actually all that interested in running an empire, but he'd do it to stick it to Oswald)? Will it be Fish (doubtful - I don't think she is sticking around)? Or someone new?

There were also hints that a character dies. For some reason, I think Fish is going to die. I'm also curious about her relationship with Strange - if he cured her, you'd think she would be a bit protective or loyal to him, but we saw that Oswald, Freeze and Firefly are torturing him in the promo pics. Do they have Fish's blessing for that because she hates the guy? Or is Fish already dead and not there to protect him?

Tabs is another candidate for the death. She didn't go out of her way to remind Oswald that she killed his mother for nothing. If Oswald kills Tabs that would put him on Butch's permanent poopy list, and he would definitely side with whomever is opposite Oswald. But I also kinda feel like one of the new alliances the blub mentions is Selina teaming up with Tabs and Butch. We saw Selina with a whip in the promo, and we know that Tabs has one/knows how to use one. So maybe she is spared for now.

ETA: Clip from the first half of the finale. Lucius is actually there! They don't have to pretend!

Edited by Kostgard

Harley needs to be in love with Joker at some point...so far Lee / Barbara are not front runners in that department... unless Jerome is not the real Joker....

On 5/31/2017 at 5:55 PM, paigow said:

Harley needs to be in love with Joker at some point...so far Lee / Barbara are not front runners in that department... unless Jerome is not the real Joker....

Jerome might introduce Babs to his girl Harleen in the finale 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:47 AM, Blackcanary said:

Blackcanary is there going to be an advanced review from you this week? Or did they not put up episode 21 and 22 up? I am just eager to see what you think.

39 minutes ago, Horsesrunwild said:

Blackcanary is there going to be an advanced review from you this week? Or did they not put up episode 21 and 22 up? I am just eager to see what you think.

I'm not sure - there's been nothing put up as of yet, but perhaps this evening...?

31 minutes ago, Kostgard said:

Another clip: Lee, Tabs and Butch

I'm officially down with evil Lee. I'm cheap and easy that way.

Morena is a fantastic actress,  but for the life of me i can't figure out why these writers can't write an interesting female character unless they make her evil.   Its all kinds of sloppy. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Morena is a fantastic actress,  but for the life of me i can't figure out why these writers can't write an interesting female character unless they make her evil.   Its all kinds of sloppy. 

As I've said before, what about Selina?! She gets less interesting the more evil she gets!

Selina is my favourite character and I'm really not sure way the hell they're doing with her.   She's slightly bad now?  Completely out of character and marginalized.   Its been a rough half season for a Selina fan. 

(edited)

I wouldn't say she's out of character. Thomas killed her because she was being selfless, she's come back as selfish. I don't know what will happen, I haven't seen a single picture of her from 21-22.

Edited by Kathemy

Evil Lee is certainly more interesting than how she's been all season, but I still miss the Lee of season two. MB must be thrilled to be doing something other than entering a room and announcing how much Jim sucks. At least now she gets to throw people around.

I think Selina will join up with Tabs and Butch. I hope Tabs and Butch finally break off from Babs - they know things are getting bad and will only get worse. And if they cozy up to Fish/Oswald as Butch suggests, they might avoid the wrath of the freaks (and can just sit back and let them get rid of Babs and Ed). We see Selina in the promo with a whip at what looked like Sirens, so I'm guessing she gets it from Tabs.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Blackcanary said:

Finished, overall feeling pretty satisfied. Whilst a ton of things happened, this felt pleasingly character driven.

(Full preview to come Sunday, I hope)

Feel free to spoiler tag this, but does anyone die?

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Feel free to spoiler tag this, but does anyone die?

Well...

Spoiler

One definite death. Three main characters left in a bad way and/or possibly lacking a pulse as of the end of the season (although I suspect all three will be back).

Edited by Blackcanary
2 hours ago, Blackcanary said:

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

One definite death. Three main characters left in a bad way and/or possibly lacking a pulse as of the end of the season (although I suspect all three will be back).

Oh I hope

the definite death is Lee. Sorry, but I don't care how entertaining Leevil is, I'm done with her. Done. If it comes down to Lee or Babs as HBIC of Gotham, I'll take Babs any day of the week.

Do we really see Harley Quinn? New character or one we already know?

(edited)
6 hours ago, Blackcanary said:

Well...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I think the definite death is clone Bruce.  I think Alfred, Tabitha and Barbara are the three bad off characters.  Totally wild guesses on the last two.

Edited by DR14
(edited)
2 hours ago, Blackcanary said:

Here we go: this season's final advance review.

I hope they've been mildly informative/entertaining and thank you all for reading!

HOLY MOTHERFORKING SHIRTBALLS, Bruce is going to kill Alfred!! Isn't he? Isn't he?!

Edited by Miss Dee
Spelling
3 hours ago, Blackcanary said:

Here we go: this season's final advance review.

I hope they've been mildly informative/entertaining and thank you all for reading!

Thanks for your previews this season!

Does Harley actually show up as promised?

In the final showdown, my money is on Oswald, if only because that's what makes narrative sense. Ed has had the upper hand ever since he discovered that happened to Isabella. Oswald has purely been on defense and really only survived so far because he apparently has a lucky horseshoe up his ass that sends out a distress call when his life is in danger so a pretty lady knows to come along and save him. Narratively, the tables should turn. Otherwise it will be, "Oh, Ed gets to shoot him on the docks AGAIN?"

Now I'm wondering about the death and "deaths." I guess Fish or Lee for the actual death. The losing party in the Ed/Oswald battle seems a good candidate for a "death" and then...not sure. Babs? Alfred? (Please not Alfred!)

27 minutes ago, Kostgard said:

Thanks for your previews this season!

Does Harley actually show up as promised?

You're welcome!

It's funny, you're the first person to actually ask about Harley! Also funny is that I got the end and then went 'wait, wasn't Harley Quinn supposed to be in this'?

I can make a guess who she's going to be based on what happens to a certain character, but there was certainly nothing explicit to confirm it as far as I can tell.

(Full disclosure, I don't like the character and have only the vaguest idea of her backstory, so I may well be missing out on something).

1 hour ago, Danielg342 said:

How's the episode for Harvey? Does he bite it? Will I be chucking things at my screen?

It's a GREAT episode for Harvey. He has one of my favourite scenes and he's basically holding everything together.

• Love 3

Dead Alfred??? Inconceivable!!!! Is Fox moving in to Wayne Manor? Way too much canon baggage if no Alfred is around....Maybe Hugo Strange reanimates him as evil butler....

(edited)

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past this show to make it stick!

I'm going to predict that Bruce kills Alfred while under the influence; Alfred is resurrected with the Lazarus Pit; not sure if Bruce will know he's resurrected or not, but either way his guilt is so great he goes off with RAG at the end thinking he's no longer fit to stick around as the heir to Wayne Manor.

Which...fine, but if they announce a time jump and casting change for Bruce next season, I'm jumping ship. I don't give one flying rodent about Batman if Mazouz is no longer involved; his journey is the one I'm invested in.

Edited by Miss Dee
Spelling
4 hours ago, Blackcanary said:

You're welcome!

It's funny, you're the first person to actually ask about Harley! Also funny is that I got the end and then went 'wait, wasn't Harley Quinn supposed to be in this'?

I can make a guess who she's going to be based on what happens to a certain character, but there was certainly nothing explicit to confirm it as far as I can tell.

(Full disclosure, I don't like the character and have only the vaguest idea of her backstory, so I may well be missing out on something).

Heh - I'm actually not a fan, either and question her inclusion on the show, but I was just curious if they followed through. Sounds like it is vague at best.

14 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past this show to make it stick!

I'm going to predict that Bruce kills Alfred while under the influence; Alfred is resurrected with the Lazarus Pit; not sure if Bruce will know he's resurrected or not, but either way his guilt is so great he goes off with RAG at the end thinking he's no longer fit to stick around as the heir to Wayne Manor.

Which...fine, but if they announce a time jump and casting change for Bruce next season, I'm jumping ship. I don't give one flying rodent about Batman if Mazouz is no longer involved; his journey is the one I'm invested in.

I don't think the show would get rid of DM. They know how good he is. I don't think they would ever recast unless they need to do one last shot in the final episode to show Batman and DM isn't old enough. Then it would be just some dude in a cowl shot from a distance.

I am super-worried about Alfred now. Alexander Siddig said in that promo piece that Ra's intends to replace Alfred as Bruce's mentor, and I'm afraid that will mean he'll try to remove Alfred from the board all together. I think Siddig is going to make an awesome Ra's, but I'm not willing to trade in Alfred for him. The Bruce/Alfred relationship is my second favorite on the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

I too am worried sick about Alfred. Blackcanary won't give us any hints on what has happened to Alfred. HMMM makes me wonder. Blackcanary can you give a sliver of information on Alfred in the finale. Please. Thanks.

Edited by Horsesrunwild
Added more
(edited)
5 hours ago, Horsesrunwild said:

I too am worried sick about Alfred. Blackcanary won't give us any hints on what has happened to Alfred. HMMM makes me wonder. Blackcanary can you give a sliver of information on Alfred in the finale. Please. Thanks.

I would say that this is Gotham, where nobody ever truly dies. 

(except for women, of course/bitter).

But I really can't spoil plot, i'm sorry.

Edited by Blackcanary
  • Love 2