Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

Kromm
  • Start Topic

Matt's Inside Line: Supernatural Scoop, Plus Timeless, The 100, Criminal Minds, Lucifer, Counterpart, Five-0 and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / March 23 2018, 9:39 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/03/23/supernatural-season-13-spoilers-sam-danger-dean-rift-mission/

Will Gotham‘s Jim see Lee again? And if so, when? –Felicity
You mean aside from glimpsing her jack his car? The forever-estranged lovebirds will share scenes “certainly in the last few episodes,” Morena Baccarin told me, “and then in the finale.”

• Love 1

Deadline seems to think Gotham will get a season five.

Fox has the most series already renewed for next season, freshmen 9-1-1, The Orville and The Giftedas well as animated comedies The Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob’s Burgers. Of the others, Empire is considered a no-brainer to return. The other Fox drama co-created by Lee Daniels, Star, is looking good, as are the Warner Bros. TV-produced Gotham and Lethal Weapon.

Don't know if they have a good track record with this sort of thing or not, or any sort of insider info or if this is just guessing.

2 hours ago, Kathemy said:

They're hit and miss AKA "click-bait". Maybe sometimes they have some insider gossip but I famously remember them talking about how CSI:Cyber would be renewed...

Ah, okay. I remember them being all "Hey, CSI: Cyber renewal COULD happen because, like, franchise, right?" but they still acknowledged it was in trouble.

This kinda stuck out to me because it was all, "Yeah, Gotham's fine" without any drama while saying that Lucifer was on the bubble, when Lucifer's ratings have been a little better than Gotham's. That's not the narrative most other renew/cancel articles out there are taking, and that's what made me wonder if they actually have some sources or if they do what nearly everyone else who writes these articles does - takes a glance at the ratings and then guesses (some of them are really obvious about it - TVLine clearly just pulls their predictions out of their ass).

Can anyone tell me how many episodes are in this season?  Everything online indicates 18 episodes, however this week's episode is #19 and nothing indicates it's the finale episode.  I also found one article that mentioned the producers have confirmed the finale episode title will be "No Man's Land".   TIVO season pass is showing no episodes after #19.  Color me confused, and appreciative of any further info.

11 minutes ago, SnarkyTart said:

Can anyone tell me how many episodes are in this season?  Everything online indicates 18 episodes, however this week's episode is #19 and nothing indicates it's the finale episode.  I also found one article that mentioned the producers have confirmed the finale episode title will be "No Man's Land".   TIVO season pass is showing no episodes after #19.  Color me confused, and appreciative of any further info.

They are doing the full 22 episode season. They (being "Fox") usually don't release episode information until a couple weeks before it airs (they just released the description for episode 20 last week).

Don't know how far ahead TIVO usually looks, and I don't know if Fox plans on moving it around the schedule for the least few episodes (I doubt it. No real upside at this point), but they filmed 22 episodes and at this point in the game, I don't know why Fox wouldn't air them all (they don't have anything better to replace it with at the moment). But it should be 22 episodes, in the same time slot. I could see them airing the last two episodes back to back like they did last season, but I can't see any other changes.

16 minutes ago, Kostgard said:

Don't know how far ahead TIVO usually looks, and I don't know if Fox plans on moving it around the schedule for the least few episodes (I doubt it. No real upside at this point), but they filmed 22 episodes and at this point in the game, I don't know why Fox wouldn't air them all (they don't have anything better to replace it with at the moment). But it should be 22 episodes, in the same time slot. I could see them airing the last two episodes back to back like they did last season, but I can't see any other changes.

Thanks for that info!  TIVO looks ahead 2 weeks, and they're showing no upcoming episode 20 on the regular night of 4/26.  If nothing comes up for the following week (May 3) after it updates again, I'll report back.  At least I'm really happy to know that episode 19 isn't the finale.  Thanks again.

It looks like maybe they are skipping next week - episodes 19 is this week on the 19th, and episode 20 is listed for May 3rd.

ETA: Yep, there’s some sort of NFL draft special airing onthe 26th.

Edited by Kostgard
(edited)

'Gotham': Jim Gordon Will Have Facial Hair in Season 5
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - May 24, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/05/24/gotham-season-5-jim-gordon-facial-hair/

While Jim Gordon's mustache in Gotham Season 4 may have only been part of a twisted dream, it's becoming a reality in the show's fifth and final installment. That's right folks, the eventual police commissioner of Gotham City is growing out his facial hair for Season 5.

Following last week's devastating season finale, ComicBook.com had the chance to speak with Gotham executive producer John Stephens about what's to come in the final season when it returns to FOX next year. While there is a ton still being kept under wraps, Stephens did note that many of the popular Batman characters, including Bruce Wayne himself, would fully embrace their comic book counterparts by the time the show came to an end, saying that fans "can expect full satisfaction on those counts."

This means Selina will become Catwoman, Bruce Wayne will become Batman, and yes, Jim Gordon will be sporting the classic facial hair he's been missing on the prequel series.

According to Stephens, star Ben McKenzie is already hard at work bringing that mustache to life.

"Ben is growing his facial hair as we speak," Stephens added.
Not only did Stephens admit that Gordon's facial hair was on the way, but a little digging around on social media provided even more evidence. McKenzie hasn't posted any pictures of himself on his Instagram account since the finale, but wife and Gotham co-star Morena Baccarin did share a photo of their family on Mother's Day, less than two weeks ago.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Gotham Star Suggests the Fifth and Final Season Will Be Extra-Short
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 4 2018, 4:51 PM PDT
http://tvline.com/2018/06/04/gotham-final-season-5-episode-count-10-camren-bicondova/

As previously reported, Fox’s Gotham was renewed last month for a fifth and final season, to premiere at midseason. At the time of that announcement, the presumably smaller episode count was officially “TBD,” and it still is.

Yet series vet Camren Bicondova, who plays Selena, said during an Instagram Live broadcast that Season 5 will be just 10 episodes, while also suggesting a January 2019 premiere date.

Fox is not confirming any episode count at this time, however.

Edited by tv echo

It looks like with the 5th season it’s going to put the full episode count to just under The coveted 100 mark which makes no sense to me.  Making a fifth season was to add enough episodes for syndication and to be two episodes short is insane.

• Love 1

Someone else said that they asked Sean Pertwee about it at a convention, and he also said 10 episodes, so that is clearly what the cast was told and I think when Fox granted the final season for New Girl they gave it eight episodes, so a small number isn't weird (though that show is well past the 100 episode mark). I'm surprised WB couldn't talk them into just two more episodes.

Weirdly, Fox won't confirm or deny the episode count. Like, what's the point? Just confirm if true.

It's possible that Fox won't confirm 10 or not because they've got the option to add more episodes to the initial order and they're waiting to see how their other shows are doing next season.

5 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

It looks like with the 5th season it’s going to put the full episode count to just under The coveted 100 mark which makes no sense to me.  Making a fifth season was to add enough episodes for syndication and to be two episodes short is insane.

You don't have to have 100 episodes for syndication (88 episodes/4 full seasons has actually replaced 100 as the 'minimum' number to shoot for in recent years). 100 is a nice round number, but being two episodes short of that isn't going to matter very much.

Getting to a 100 episodes would be nice though. It's not a big deal, but yeah, would've been cool.

No matter how many episodes we have for Season 5, the show needs to make them count all the more.

• Love 1

Gotham Set Designer Teases a New Batcave for Season 5
by Tom Chapman   Sep. 3, 2018
https://www.cbr.com/gotham-season-5-batcave/

Posting a diagram on Instagram, Gotham set designer Jonathan Collins joked, “When your old cave is too small for your new cave.” The image depicts the entrance to the Batcave, and a tunnel leading underground. As Gotham promises to finally use the word Batman in its final season, the producers are going all out to bring the remaining bits of the Caped Crusader’s lore to the series.
Longtime viewers may remember a pseudo-Batcave was teased in the Season 1 finale, and then featured sporadically in Season 2. The not-Batcave was a secret room beneath Wayne Manor that belonged to Bruce’s late father, Thomas Wayne. Whether Bruce and Alfred Pennyworth are remodeling the existing space or searching for somewhere new, it looks like bigger will be better in Season 5.
With executive producer John Stephens confirming that Gotham will also adapt Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV “Zero Year” from DC comics, it makes sense that a new Batcave should be introduced to the show.

gotham-batcave2.jpg?q=35&w=984&h=518&fit 

Gotham’: Shane West Set For Key Role On Final Season Of Fox’s Batman Prequel
by Nellie Andreeva •  September 11, 2018 
https://deadline.com/2018/09/shane-west-cast-gotham-season-5-final-season-eduardo-dorrance-bane-edmund-batman-prequel-fox-1202462923/

EXCLUSIVE: Is Gotham calling on one of Batman’s biggest foes for its swan song? Nikita alum Shane West has been tapped for a villainous recurring role on the upcoming fifth and final season of the Batman prequel drama series on Fox.

He will play Eduardo Dorrance, an old Army buddy of Jim Gordon’s (Ben McKenzie). Having lost touch with Jim after the war, Dorrance returns to Gotham years later, leading a team of elite soldiers with the goal of helping Gordon restore order to No Man’s Land. But as the scales fall from Gordon’s eyes, he realizes Dorrance’s true intentions in Gotham are much darker and more evil than he could have believed.

There is no further information, but Eduardo Dorrance is believed to be related to a well-known villain in the Batman comic universe, Sir Edmund Dorrance, aka King Snake, who is the father of another big bad: Bane. It is conceivable that Eduardo could be Bane himself. It would make sense for Gotham to go out with a bang, bringing in iconic character(s) from the comic book franchise for its last season.

Edited by tv echo

EXCLUSIVE: ‘GOTHAM’ Season 5 Breakdown For DC Villain Magpie!
By Andy Behbakht -September 21, 2018
http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2018/09/exclusive-gotham-season-5-breakdown-magpie/

We at That Hashtag Show revealed last month that Bane’s father would be introduced in Season 5, as it was recently revealed that Nikita’s Shane West is set to fill that role this season. But that is not the only DC baddie coming to Gotham City this season as we will also be seeing the live-action debut of Margaret Pye a.k.a. Magpie in Season 5!
The show is currently casting a female of any ethnicity in her 30s to play Magpie. Described as being dressed in black with a quirky attitude, Magpie is a bit of a spread and misfit of a thief who is insanely in love with shiny objects. Things get intense when Magpie decides to steal from Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. the Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor)! The breakdown specifies that whoever gets cast as Magpie, would be a guest star, implying that she may just be in one episode.

'Gotham' to Introduce Batman Villain Magpie in Season 5
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - September 4, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/04/gotham-season-5-magpie-batman-villain-robin-lord-taylor/

During a panel at Fan Expo Canada this weekend, Gotham's Robin Lord Taylor, who has played Oswald Cobblepot since the series premiere, was asked whether or not his character would get the chance to interact with Bane in Season 5, given that a few episode titles revealed the villain's inclusion. Not only did the actor confirm that Bane was indeed arriving this season, but he also revealed that Magpie would be introduced.

"All I can say is I hope so," Taylor said. "Because every time we have a new villain, especially one like Bane, who is coming in, and we're also introducing Magpie this year, which is really exciting. But again, anytime he interacts with these characters it changes him and makes his character more interesting, and it gives him something to overcome. That's part of getting deeper into the character, how he's affected by these other incredible characters that are in the Batman universe."

Edited by tv echo

'Gotham' Season 5 Will Begin With Substantial Time Jump
By CHARLIE RIDGELY - October 3, 2018
https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/03/gotham-season-5-time-jump-eight-months

Ahead of this weekend's New York Comic Con, where Gotham will hold a panel for the final time, ComicBook.com had the chance to visit the show's set in the Big Apple, and learn all about the new season. While touring the various sets and hearing from the creative minds who put them together, we were given a definitive timeline for the start of Season 5.

The season premiere, which will air sometime in early 2019, will take place 87 days, nearly three months after the events of "A Dark Knight: No Man's Land," the Season 4 finale. This gives the city a chance to really exist within the chaos that was created when Jeremiah destroyed the bridges and turned control of Gotham over to its many villains. The premiere will then include another time jump in the form of a flash-forward, 391 days after the onset of No Man's Land.
A time jump of multiple months months works in several ways. First of all, it represents the actual time between seasons, given the delay and shortened order for the final installment. Secondly, this gives the show a chance to really explore the chaos that the city will fall into. Instead of just pretending that Penguin and the other villains took suddenly started running the show, these characters will have had significant time to operate in this environment. With that kind of time, several changes can be made off-screen to help push the narrative forward.

Edited by tv echo
On 10/30/2018 at 5:48 AM, Amerilla said:

So that will get them to 100 episodes, right?

I was flipping around Twitter this weekend and saw Sean Pertwee saying that they were just getting ready for the final table read this week. This would indicate that the scripts are written and the final filming schedule set.

So I wonder if the two extra episodes are going to be Frankesteined together out of material already shot and some bridge scenes added in for narrative coherence -- or what passes for narrative coherence for Gotham -- or if they're actually going to write and shoot new episodes before the final wrap?  

Yeah, I wonder about that. 

This was a quote from earlier this month: 

"Crazy. Yeah. It does, it does ramp up, because you know we kind of fit the meat of 22 episodes into 10 and so you'll see the episodes are crazy action-packed," Mazouz told us. "Like you know its kind of sad because I always found these to be kind of sweet moments, but we kind of have slimmed down on the scenes, the kind of more quiet scenes between two characters talking about the events of the episode, Sean and I had a lot of those in the kitchen or in the study. Kind of haven't had a lot of those because every second is just filled with action, plot moving the story along, getting the characters where they need to go, and I think it will be exhilarating as a viewer to watch. I can't put any of the scripts down."

It looks like they got rid of "kitchen sink" conversations with the compressed season.  Maybe they will expand the finale into 2 hours, which will allow some of the quieter scenes to be inserted?  If all 10 episodes are written, it would make sense if they picked the finale episode, and some other plot-filled episode to give it a bit of breathing room. 

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

What would you like to see for the last season?

1. Butch becomes Grundy again. 

2. Montoya comes back.

3. Barbara gets pregnant by Jim.

4. Sophia comes out of her coma, maybe Dr Bashir's new puppet? 

5. Some reference to the wider DC universe, even if it is just someone mentioning Metropolis or the IADC.

6.  Let's have Burt Ward cameo, maybe as the President. Lynda Carter would be great too. 

7. Let's see the beginning of Harley Quinn, even if the Joker is being wheeled into Arkham and someone says "He's all yours Dr Quinn" 

8. I'd like Richard Kind back as Mayor James, I liked him

9. Harvey Dent becomes 2 Face!

10. Harvey gets a girlfriend, so does Alfred, why should Jim get all the action? 

11. Whatever happened to the Bruce clone? Whatever happened to Silver St Cloud? 

12. Last scene, Jim sits behind his desk, Bruce and Selina make love. They part and she puts on the Catwoman suit and he puts on the Batsuit and stands silhouetted against the lights of Gotham.  

Gotham's Camren Bicondova Previews 'Ferocious' Selina's Revenge Mission, Plus a Series-Ending Twist for #BatCat
By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 17 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/01/17/gotham-season-5-camren-bicondova-preview-selina-catwoman-bruce/

How Gotham Set The Stage For Bruce And Selina To Become Batman And Catwoman
BY LAURA HURLEY JANUARY 17, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2465367/how-gotham-set-the-stage-for-bruce-and-selina-to-become-batman-and-catwoman

Where Is Gotham's Jeremiah? Here's What The Showrunner Told Us
BY NICK VENABLE  JANUARY 17, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2465359/where-is-gothams-jeremiah-heres-what-the-showrunner-told-us

Edited by tv echo
23 hours ago, jayded said:

The kid who broke his arm is Robin. 

Didn't we have a baby in the first season that was Robin? Doubt he'd be this old.

But if this is a spoiler and not a speculation, I'd love to see the source.

On 19/01/2019 at 10:17 AM, Miss Dee said:

Didn't we have a baby in the first season that was Robin? Doubt he'd be this old.

The first season was four years ago, and who knows how long it has actually been. I'd say a Robin who is 6 or 7 isn't entirely out of the question.

(edited)

So Jim and Lee get married. I just hope they don't take Barbara's baby from her or get the baby some how. Barbara better take her baby and run.

Edited by SimoneS
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I think Barbara's going to die, that's why they name the baby Barbara and Jim and Lee will raise her.

If this happens, then that would be cherry on top of the suck that has been Gotham.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

If this happens, then that would be cherry on top of the suck that has been Gotham.

I would love for Barbara to name her daughter Barbara, because why not. I just don't see it going that way. Barbara's cliche redemption will come from her sacrificing her life, so Jim can raise baby Batgirl.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Veronica Mars, Big Bang, Supernatural, Gotham, Psych, To All the Boys, TWD and More
By Michael Ausiello / March 7 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/03/07/veronica-mars-revival-spoilers-cursing-f-word-hulu/

Question: Any details on what we can expect to see with regards to the BatCat relationship the rest of the season on Gotham? —BatJordan
Ausiello
: When Matt Mitovich asked David Mazouz about Camren Bicondova’s ominous tease for the series finale — portending a split for Bruce and Selina — he affirmed, “They kind of had too close of a relationship at the beginning of this season to have the relationship that Batman and Catwoman need to have.” EP John Stephens puts the path ahead in slightly less rocky terms, saying that Bruce and Selina have “come though that element of ‘I hate you/I’m attracted to you, I hate you/I’m attracted to you’ to a different level of maturity than they had before.”

• Useful 1

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Big Bang, Grey's, Hawaii Five-0, Gotham, Legends, Walking Dead, Jane the Virgin and More!
By Michael Ausiello / March 28 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/03/28/big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-nobel-prize-season-12-spoilers/

Question: Are there any Gotham spoilers on the Barbara-Jim-Lee triangle — especially now that Barbara is Jim’s “baby mama”? —Garrett
Ausiello: Well, in the time since you sent this email, Barbara became mama to a bona fide baby. A baby girl, in fact. And I can confirm that in the series finale, which features a full-decade time jump, we will see a 10-year-old Barbara Gordon, who of course is fated to follow in the bootsteps of Yvonne Craig and Alicia Silverstone. In other Gotham news, check out the poster for the final two episodes: 
image003.jpg?w=250&h=370 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

DC TV Watch: Erin Richards Reveals 'Gotham' Series Finale Redemption Arc
APRIL 06, 2019 8:15am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-erin-richards-gotham-series-finale-interview-1199699

The big news: Gotham's Erin Richards spoke with THR about the final two episodes of the series and how her character Barbara actually comes full circle with a redemption arc. It may seem impossible, but it's happening.

What it means: "It's madness," Richards tells THR with a laugh. "We pack so much into these last two episodes that I remember getting the scripts and thinking, 'How are we going to be able to shoot all this?' But it's such a great ending. Epic, exciting and satisfying. It's a really beautiful way to end Barbara's story."

Barbara's redemption comes just after she gave birth to her and Jim Gordon's (Ben McKenzie) child, and Richards reveals that motherhood is exactly what Barbara has been searching for all this time.

"In the final episode, we jump 10 years and that's going to be a very different person because we all change a lot in 10 years," says the actress. "The way I played her in that final episode was to take elements of who she was right when we first met her and just advance them and make her more grounded and a more full version of herself by the end. In a way, I felt like it came full circle to something I began with."

While Richards can't reveal too much about how Barbara has changed in those 10 years, she does say the former gangster has gone legit. "She has a 10-year-old child, she's now a businesswoman in Gotham and she got everything that she deserved," she says. "It's nice to end in this place where she's a strong, fully independent businesswoman after everything she's gone through. And there might be a change of hair color."

While fans have long speculated that Barbara was an early version of a Batman supervillain, be it Harley Quinn or even a female Joker, Richards confirms that she's never actually been anyone other than Barbara. "I like that Barbara got to be her own person and never actually became one of the supervillains from the comics. She held her own," Richards says. "She rose to the top of Gotham. She ran the underworld. She's her own woman running a large company and being successful in Gotham at the end. She never had to be anyone but herself."

Even when Barbara got pregnant and everyone on the show questioned whether she could be a good mother, Barbara refused to listen to her haters, and Richards is glad the character is able to prove them all wrong in the final two episodes.

"There's been a lot of questioning of her and her abilities to be a mother and deep down, she was scared of that herself — but how dare anyone else bring that up," says the actress. "It's my body, my choice, my world, you don't really have a say in it. When she finally has the baby, it's a real moment of conclusion of everything she had been working towards: her journey has always been finding herself and her place in the world. She just wanted a thing or a person to love unconditionally because she never felt unconditionally loved by anyone, not her parents, not Jim, not anybody in Gotham. Feeling that unconditional love for another human has completely grounded her and made her happy."

Barbara's decision to become a mother in her own way dovetailed kind of perfectly with her entire journey over the course of the series as Gotham's biggest feminist, which is what Richards is most proud of from her time on the show. "Gotham by its own admission is quite a male-dominated world," she says. "Batman and a lot of comic book worlds are very male-dominated but moving forward, we're seeing a lot more female characters and influences coming into the comic book world, and that's really great for everybody, men and women alike."

Continues Richards, "So to be able to tell that very feminine story and show a strong woman supporting other women and being able to play all the different sides of Barbara, showing that a woman can be everything, strong and vulnerable, in love, having a baby, all these different aspects of being a woman has been a real honor to me and a real asset to the program."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1