Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiled Speculation

Kromm
  • Start Topic

They have cast Selina's mum:

Gotham fans will learn just how far (if at all) from the tree Selina Kyle fell, when Banshee alum Ivana Milicevic joins the Fox drama as the stealthy street rat’s long-lost mother, TVLine has learned.

A recurring role, Maria Kyle is described as “a tough-as-nails operator with an arsenal of street smarts,” world-class drifter who’s able to hide her true self behind a variety of personas. A “criminal through and through,” she is willing to use anything and anyone to get what she wants. Her one weakness, however, is the daughter she abandoned — and the only person in the world she truly loves.

Previewing the not-entirely-happy reunion, Selina’s portrayer, Camren Bicondova, previously told TVLine, “It doesn’t really go the way Selina expected it to…. It doesn’t take a good turn!”

I'm not familiar with her - anybody?

The schedule for Gotham has now been confirmed.

Gotham airs its 11th episode 28 Nov. After that the show goes into a small break and airs a 3-episode arc starting 16 Jan and ending 30 Jan. Then it'll go on another break after which the final 8-episode arc will air in the Spring, starting at a date yet to be announced.

Sources:

http://epguides.com/Gotham/

https://twitter.com/GothamTVWriters/status/794802305115664384

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/fox-winter-2017-premiere-dates-sleepy-hollow-24-legacy-and-6-more-shows-coming-your-way/

Of special note is that this is planned by the writers. The third season was consciously divided into three arcs.

• Love 1
On 11/11/2016 at 8:09 PM, Danielg342 said:

No February sweeps episode? I find that particularly interesting. Unless Jan. 30 counts.

I don't think we need to worry about Gotham not being aired more than one of the weeks of February sweeps. It airs during this November sweeps and it will certainly air during April sweeps. FOX is slotting 24: Legacy (without Sutherland) in place of Gotham after Jan 30. I'm not really sure how well that will do.

Then again, all we can do is wait and see.

I was thinking about that mini three episode arc and wondered whether the line from the episode 11 press release: 'As the virus begins to spread in Gotham, the laboratory that is developing a cure is compromised' could suggest that we end this current arc with a full-scale outbreak in the city. 

It's quite curious that the guest cast are also missing from that 3.11 press release - might we be getting a surprise return?

• Love 2
On 2016-11-16 at 10:41 AM, Blackcanary said:

I was thinking about that mini three episode arc and wondered whether the line from the episode 11 press release: 'As the virus begins to spread in Gotham, the laboratory that is developing a cure is compromised' could suggest that we end this current arc with a full-scale outbreak in the city. 

It's quite curious that the guest cast are also missing from that 3.11 press release - might we be getting a surprise return?

It does say Selina meets an unexpected face. If that doesn't scream surprise return I'll eat my cowl.

16 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

It does say Selina meets an unexpected face. If that doesn't scream surprise return I'll eat my cowl.

I'm guessing that's the introduction of her mother?

Ben McKenzie did a Facebook chat thing a couple of days ago. There were a couple of spoilery things:

• The Mad Hatter is 'pulling some strings' even now. Jim will figure out a part of the puzzle next week.
  • Somebody suggests Jerome is back in 3.14. Ben is very shifty indeed.
  • Valerie Vale might be back later.
  • There is a 'great hat twist' in episode 11 (?!).
  • Ben is directing for the first time this season: episode 16. He mentions directing Robin, 'who is a big part of my episode', and David.
  • 'There will be another Gordon family member introduced' (which is part of the episode he is directing) - we know know this is James Remar, playing his uncle. : 'Frank Gordon is a master at playing both sides and a man who knows how to keep a secret. Frank abandoned the family after Jim’s father’s fatal car crash and now, 25 years later, he’s returned to reconnect with his estranged nephew. But Frank harbors a dark secret, one that will upset the very foundations of Jim’s world and force him into a terrible choice between saving his family and saving his city.'
Edited by Blackcanary

I can't work up too much excitement over Uncle Gordon, but I am curious as to what's brewing for Penguin and Bruce. Particularly Penguin. Hopefully Nygma not being mentioned in conjunction isn't real cause for concern.

7 hours ago, Kathemy said:

Don't think it's necessarily he's directing David with Robin, though. Unless I'm not understanding correctly.

Oh yeah, I don't think he necessarily meant together. He just threw them out there as he happened to think of them from what I saw.

3 hours ago, paigow said:

Unless this is a flash forward, Robin would be a toddler....

I think he means Robin Lord Taylor, who plays Oswald, not the character!

Edited by Blackcanary

With a half season of Lee rubbing her engagement in Jim's face and Jim capping her groom in front of her, the door is wide open for a return to Babs!  That is canon after all, they're supposed to make Batgirl together.  Of course Jim back together with crazy Barbara would be a total train wreck, which would make it all the more fun!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dobian said:

With a half season of Lee rubbing her engagement in Jim's face and Jim capping her groom in front of her, the door is wide open for a return to Babs!  That is canon after all, they're supposed to make Batgirl together.  Of course Jim back together with crazy Barbara would be a total train wreck, which would make it all the more fun!

Train wrecks are my jam.   

I am not sure Gotham is strictly following Cannon though.  There has been some speculation that Barbara is being groomed to be Harley Quinn.  

I think the show needs to keep certain things static but the way it is being written there is a lot of fates up in the air 

I can envision a giant custody battle over baby Batgirl with Harvey babysitting her one week and Nygma the next.  Penguin can kidnap her for added hijinks.  Finally a judge hands her over to Alfred and Bruce to care for while things get worked out, where she can begin to learn her bat skills.  I generally hate babies on shows but this would be pretty funny.

On 12/1/2016 at 3:32 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I am not sure Gotham is strictly following Cannon though.  There has been some speculation that Barbara is being groomed to be Harley Quinn.   

If Jerome is really Teen Joker, Harley Babs would be too old for him...

Also just noticed a couple of casting calls, presumably also for episode 15:

'chess players, nerdy & smart types as well as real chess players are welcome' (15th December)

'intellectual/academic types & boys (btwn 7-10 yo w blonde hair) This will be for a photo shoot' 

Young Jim for the little blond boy in the photoshoot, do we think?

On 05/12/2016 at 4:40 PM, Kathemy said:

Done with the book-end. http://www.douxreviews.com/2016/12/gotham-beware-green-eyed-monster.html

I don't think they will do a Jim flashback in that episode. (Then again I always think they can't waste anymore screentime on him.) Jim was never the intellectual type; it might be for Eddie. We'll see, though.

Chuffed with my mention there, thanks!

I think it was the specific reference to a blond child that threw me - I can't imagine Ed was ever a fair-haired kid. I wondered if it might tie in to us meeting Jim's uncle and their shared history.

T.J Scott confirmed that 15 starts filming today, and is written by Megan Mostyn-Brown (whose previous episodes include the Ed-and-Oswald-as-murder-roomies 'A bitter pill to swallow' and the hallucination-Jim-is-even-more-angsty 'Red Queen').

ETA: Ooh, i'm doubling down on my 'young Jim' prediction, given that Michael Park seems to be on set as Peter Gordon.

Edited by Blackcanary
On 12/6/2016 at 4:23 AM, Blackcanary said:

T.J Scott confirmed that 15 starts filming today, and is written by Megan Mostyn-Brown (whose previous episodes include the Ed-and-Oswald-as-murder-roomies 'A bitter pill to swallow' and the hallucination-Jim-is-even-more-angsty 'Red Queen').

I was eagerly anticipating 3x15 based on the title alone, but if it's written by the woman who helmed 'Bitter Pill'? Now I'm really excited. Murder roomies was one of the best things to come out of the series! 

• Love 2

So, we have press releases for episode 12:

Falcone places a hit on Gordon after learning that he shot Mario. Gordon and Bullock discover a follower of Jerome (guest star Cameron Monaghan), who plans to bring him back to life. Meanwhile, Penguin spirals out of control before the biggest television interview of his Mayoral career, and Bruce and Selina deal with Selina's mom's return to Gotham in the all-new "Mad City: Ghosts" episode of GOTHAM.

And 13:

On the run from Gordon and Bullock, Dwight (guest star David Dastmalchian) tries to ?revive Jerome (guest star Cameron Monaghan) and, in turn, activates his acolytes around Gotham City. Meanwhile, Selina's mom's (guest star Ivana Milicevic) intentions in Gotham are revealed, and the power play between Penguin and Nygma escalates as Barbara's plans are set in place in the all-new "Mad City: Smile Like You Mean It" episode of GOTHAM.

Selina's mum: totally bad, bad news.

I can't believe that, at this point, the person in Gotham with their shit most together is...Barbara. 

They're currently filming episode 16, directed by Ben McKenzie (!) and written by Robert Hull, whose previous episodes include 'Mommy's little monster' (good), 'Mad Grey Dawn' (great), 'New day rising' (some good, some bad) and 'Time bomb' (meh).

Edited by Blackcanary
On 12/10/2016 at 11:47 PM, Kathemy said:

Megan's responsible for both hits and misses. That said, yeah, "Bitter Pill" was the real start of Nygmobblepot. We'll see. I want more of Denise Thé. Her work on "Anything For You" was stellar.

I want more Denise too! 'Anything for You' is by far the best episode of this otherwise subpar season so far. I'm intrigued by possible young jim.

On 2016. 12. 11. at 5:47 AM, Kathemy said:

Megan's responsible for both hits and misses. That said, yeah, "Bitter Pill" was the real start of Nygmobblepot. We'll see. I want more of Denise Thé. Her work on "Anything For You" was stellar.

Ooooh, so this is where Denise Thé works nowadays? She wrote some of the best (and most heartbreaking) episodes of Person of Interest, her name on an episode usually meant a big death... :D

On 1/6/2017 at 8:43 PM, marihunc said:

Ooooh, so this is where Denise Thé works nowadays? She wrote some of the best (and most heartbreaking) episodes of Person of Interest, her name on an episode usually meant a big death... :D

My favourite of hers was '6741' - no deaths, but still emotionally wrenching!

She's actually a great fit for 'Gotham', because so much of her writing on POI revolved around writing compelling, sympathetic material for some very damaged souls. 

Oddly enough, her other particular strength on POI was writing a gay relationship between two emotionally-damaged killers...

Edited by Blackcanary
  • Love 1

Harley Quinn is incoming:

Ahead of Season 3, executive producer John Stephens teased that a Harley precursor character was in the works, but the show was unsure of when she would launch, given her appearance in the DC cinematic universe's Suicide Squad.

Well, it turns out that the villainess will likely be introduced even before the end of this season."We might see [her] in Episode 22," Stephens tells us.

Word is that the Harley character will be the "launching point" for the central plot of Season 4, so get ready, Gotham fans. Stephens assures us, "It's crazy."

I am both excited, and concerned.

Stephens also said that both Mr Freeze and Firefly would be returning this season.

On 1/17/2017 at 10:17 AM, Blackcanary said:

Harley Quinn is incoming:

I am both excited, and concerned.

Stephens also said that both Mr Freeze and Firefly would be returning this season.

I hope they make Harley in the age range of Bruce/Selina/Jerome/Scarecrow/Ivy(in her head)

• Love 1

I'll post my simple prediction for the finale.

Jerome is headed for a nice warm acid bath courtesy of young Master Wayne. There will be a showdown between them, Jerome will underestimate Bruce and Bruce will give him a nasty surprise.

On 2017-01-25 at 0:12 PM, Kathemy said:

I'll post my simple prediction for the finale.

Jerome is headed for a nice warm acid bath courtesy of young Master Wayne. There will be a showdown between them, Jerome will underestimate Bruce and Bruce will give him a nasty surprise.

The "Kane Chemicals" reference in the last episode seems to foreshadow this. Bob Kane being the creator of Batman and of the Joker, the latter falling into a bath of some sort while he was running around in a chemical plant as the Red Hood and fighting Batman, eventually emerging as the mad villain we all know.

But the show has misled us before.