Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggars: In the Media and TLC

As a reminder, the site's Politics Policy remains in effect.  Yes, Jim Bob is apparently running for office again. That does not make it an acceptable topic of conversation in here - unless for some mysterious reason, TLC brings the show back and it is discussed on there. Even then, it would be limited to how it was discussed on the show.

If you have any questions, please PM the mods, @SCARLETT45 and myself.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, TeeMo said:

Has it really only been 13 years that these fools have been haunting our TVs with their sanctimonious bullcrap? Feels like so much longer. 

Yes & the leghumpers that stick up for these fools make it seem even longer.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
On 9/17/2017 at 1:22 PM, Darknight said:

Where at? I didn't hear about this

They aren't yet according to the selective service website.  They lifted the gender restrictions on most roles in the military but didn't add them to the draft:  https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Women-And-Draft

As of January 2016, there has been NO decision to require females to register with Selective Service, or be subject to a future military draft. Selective Service continues to register only men, ages 18 through 25.

Following a unanimous recommendation by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta announced, on January 24, 2013, the end of the direct ground combat exclusion rule for female service members. The service branches continue to move forward with a plan to eliminate all unnecessary gender-based barriers to service. Ongoing project is still underway.

There was a provision in one of the Senate budget bills in the middle of last year that would have changed the law to require women to register which got a lot of press, but that version of the bill never made it all the way through Congress because the House didn't include it and it never made it to the President.

I would be quite amused if it turned out the Duggar sons didn't register and they actually got busted, but I suspect they are registered.  I doubt they'd care that they wouldn't be eligible for govt jobs or federal student loans, but a $250,000 fine per son (which is the fine if the govt wants to throw the book at them) would certainly get JB's attention. 

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I wonder what happened to those network-tv interviews with them about this, over which a couple networks -- NBC and Fox, maybe? -- were supposedly having a bidding war? We haven't heard about that for a long long time. Wonder whether it was pure bullshit spun by Jizm Boob. ... Can't imagine why the lawyers would allow them to do such interviews .... but JB seemed to be counting on it, along with the multimillion-dollar awards he thinks they're going to get. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder what happened to those network-tv interviews with them about this, over which a couple networks -- NBC and Fox, maybe? -- were supposedly having a bidding war? We haven't heard about that for a long long time. Wonder whether it was pure bullshit spun by Jizm Boob. ... Can't imagine why the lawyers would allow them to do such interviews .... but JB seemed to be counting on it, along with the multimillion-dollar awards he thinks they're going to get. 

I think the "bidding war" was another of Jim Bob's lies. I really don't think the networks are all that interested in this story. Josh molesting his sisters and getting caught with his pants down on Ashley Madison were big juicy scandals that could be milked for ratings. But a story about a lawsuit over the release of some documents? How many viewers would be interested in that? As far as the major TV networks are concerned, unless another big sex scandal breaks, the Duggars are yesterday's news. Even Fox, who's slogan now seems to be "All Trump, all the time", is over them.

Megan Kelly's new morning show on NBC debuted to very lackluster reviews. She might bring Jill and Jessa on to shed a few tears over their lawsuit, but only if she's tanking badly and needs a gimmick.

• Love 5
On 9/27/2017 at 10:16 AM, louannems said:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2017/9/jana-s-take-on-wedding-planning

I found this boring little snippet on Jana planning Kendra and Joe's wedding.  It seems the gang will be building their house while the happy couple are away on honeymoon.

Ever see that episode of the Simpsons when a hurricane ruins the Flanderseseses house and the town comes together to rebuild it for them?  "I wouldn't touch that.  It's a load-bearing poster".

• Love 5
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Anyone understand what the latest on the lawsuit means? I read it and I'm a bit confused. Do the sisters have a good chance of going to trial with a favorable outcome?

It's typical lawsuit stuff.  After the suit was filed, the defendants' attorneys filed motions with the court asking for the entire suit to be dismissed and, failing that, asked that individual defendants be dismissed from the suit.  When the suit was filed, there were a whole bunch of people named as well as various government and publishing entities.  That's because the plaintiffs want to include as many people as possible in order to maximize their chances of getting money.  Some of those named were city employees who argued that they shouldn't be named individually since they were performing their jobs when the documents were released and that they weren't the ones who made the rules for releasing the information in the first place.  The judge agreed and dismissed a couple of them from the part of the suit that claims the city policy was wrong/unconstitutional since they had nothing to do with that aspect.  They still have to participate in their capacity as government employees.  Not a big deal, it doesn't appear to fundamentally change anything.

Bottom line: Pretty routine stuff that doesn't really change anything as far as the suit is concerned.  The odds that a judge would dismiss the whole thing at this early stage of the game were very slim; I'm sure the defense wasn't expecting that to happen, it was just a routine move on their part to request it.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It's typical lawsuit stuff.  After the suit was filed, the defendants' attorneys filed motions with the court asking for the entire suit to be dismissed and, failing that, asked that individual defendants be dismissed from the suit.  When the suit was filed, there were a whole bunch of people named as well as various government and publishing entities.  That's because the plaintiffs want to include as many people as possible in order to maximize their chances of getting money.  Some of those named were city employees who argued that they shouldn't be named individually since they were performing their jobs when the documents were released and that they weren't the ones who made the rules for releasing the information in the first place.  The judge agreed and dismissed a couple of them from the part of the suit that claims the city policy was wrong/unconstitutional since they had nothing to do with that aspect.  They still have to participate in their capacity as government employees.  Not a big deal, it doesn't appear to fundamentally change anything.

Bottom line: Pretty routine stuff that doesn't really change anything as far as the suit is concerned.  The odds that a judge would dismiss the whole thing at this early stage of the game were very slim; I'm sure the defense wasn't expecting that to happen, it was just a routine move on their part to request it.

My interpretation is that the city and county managed to weasel out of it by claiming immunity, but the individuals who worked for the city and county remain personally on the hook.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, floridamom said:

Anyone understand what the latest on the lawsuit means? I read it and I'm a bit confused. Do the sisters have a good chance of going to trial with a favorable outcome?

The claims against the county attorney have been dismissed completely. The city attorney had one claim dismissed but did not have the other dismissed. I'm interpreting it the same as Kokapetl that the "City" and "County" have had any claims dismissed so now it's just on the city attorney, the member of the sheriff's office, and the chief of police in Springdale at the time.

If you go back to the lawsuit filed there's 7 causes of action. The 5th and 6th causes of action have been dropped. That leaves 5 causes of action and 1 is solely to do with Bauer Media.

This was only a motion brought by the Springfield defendants so anything to do with Bauer Media/InTouch was not involved.

There's still the motion with Bauer/InTouch and their employees that needs to go through the same process as they've filed their own motion to dismiss. It may be a while before it goes to trial, if it goes to trial at all.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 2

My opinion about this lawsuit is that it is quite distasteful of them to me. The Duggars are supposed to be all about turning the other cheek, praying for someone and forgiving transgressions and just plain SIN...like they did for their own son, Josh. The amount of money they are seeking is just plain greedy IMO. Remember, this is just my opinion, based on what I have read and seen on TV about it. They are acting like pirannas, not charitable, forgiving Christian women. I believe they are acting under the direct direction of Jim Bob and have from the first word Jessa and Jill uttered about that situation. This shows to me what hypocrites they are. Naming all of those individual employees who work for local government; they are seeking those people's pension funds indirectly in the process of naming employees in their suit. Just plain mean and evil. I'm glad the judge has released some of those employees who were just doing their job.

• Love 8

What gets me in all of this is the family is more upset about the molestation scandal coming out then the fact Josh molested four of his sisters more than once, and the crappy way JB and Michelle handled or should I say not handled the situation by getting their own daughters and son the help they need. You cannot expect heathens to accept the fact you are trying to act like the perfect All American Christian family and telling people they will go to hell if they do not follow your beliefs and are child molesters if they are gay or a lesbian while hiding the fact your oldest son is a molester. Greed and their holier than thou attitude famewhoring ways got them into this mess. Should the news been leaked out? No, but if they did not act the way they did it would have been stripped under the rug. I feel bad for them because they are in deep denial and need help instead of thinking they need to make big bucks over their dirty little secret coming out after judging others without thinking how their beliefs have hurt others.

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

What gets me in all of this is the family is more upset about the molestation scandal coming out then the fact Josh molested four of his sisters more than once, and the crappy way JB and Michelle handled or should I say not handled the situation by getting their own daughters and son the help they need. You cannot expect heathens to accept the fact you are trying to act like the perfect All American Christian family and telling people they will go to hell if they do not follow your beliefs and are child molesters if they are gay or a lesbian while hiding the fact your oldest son is a molester. Greed and their holier than thou attitude famewhoring ways got them into this mess. Should the news been leaked out? No, but if they did not act the way they did it would have been stripped under the rug. I feel bad for them because they are in deep denial and need help instead of thinking they need to make big bucks over their dirty little secret coming out after judging others without thinking how their beliefs have hurt others.

This entire thing could have been avoided had Josh gotten professional help when the first molestation occurred. What happened is not normal. They trained their daughters that it is perfectly normal for a brother to molest his sisters. Jill was putting in the same "safe guards" for her future children if she has a daughter.

You want to yell at them this is not normal!!! This is not okay!!!

You know that no one in that clan has the critical thinking skills to realize their mindset is not normal.

• Love 9

It is sad Jill thinks one of her two sons could turn out to be a molester especially if she has a daughter one day. This says something is terrible wrong with her way of thinking and she needs professional counseling, and not the crappy pray and it goes away and the devil has taken over your mind and soul so just read the bible and smile, smile, smile brainwashing the Duggars are famous for.

2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

You want to yell at them this is not normal!!! This is not okay!!!

You know that no one in that clan has the critical thinking skills to realize their mindset is not normal.

The fundies I know say it's normal that it happens a lot in fundy families and they say we forgive and forget and life goes on.

59 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

The fundies I know say it's normal that it happens a lot in fundy families and they say we forgive and forget and life goes on.

So these people are basically saying that the old joke is true about the Arkansas virgin? (as one of the states with a very big proportion of fundies) She's the girl who can outrun her brothers? Yeesh. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Saying “turn the other cheek” is all well and good, but they were exploited and humiliated internationally by a multinational tabloid publisher owned by a billionaire. And basically just to make the billionaire even wealthier. If the daughters didn’t push back, such treatment would basically never stop. 

And fuck it, why are the victims of sexual assault being held to some high standard? The daughters have rights. 

Its also a civil suit, all they can really ask for is money. 

And I find the notion that since their parents may have treated them like crap, they’re somehow damaged goods who are obliged to first take their parents to task, and their claims are also inherently weaker (as they're damaged goods) to be incredibly distasteful. 

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Saying “turn the other cheek” is all well and good, but they were exploited and humiliated internationally by a multinational tabloid publisher owned by a billionaire. And basically just to make the billionaire even wealthier.   

And fuck it, why are the victims of sexual assault being held to some high standard? The daughters have rights. 

They were exploited and humiliated by Josh and their parents also, and they were went out in the real world pretending they were the God fearing people while hiding the fact their son and brother was a child molester. In my opinion, there was a lot more damage caused by what Josh and their parents did to them. If they did not want the story to come out one day, they should not have decided to go on national television and spout their gays and lesbians are child molesters and deserve to be punish for their sins while making money and having their five minutes of fame while hiding the what Josh had done. And do you honestly think the billionaire is the only one trying to make money off the Duggars? JB is the one making money off the fact he and Michelle had nineteen kids, and he use his four daughters who were molested by Josh to make money. He had to know sooner or later the truth would come out. He has no one else but himself, Michelle and Josh  to blame for what happened. The girls are innocent victims in all of this, and JB wants his pound of flesh from them because *gasp* someone had the guts to call him out on his bs. In my opinion, what Josh, Michelle and JB did to the four girls is a lot more damaging and hurtful than a story in a tabloid. Plus the fact, the four girls have moved on and two of them said it was no big deal, it happens in every family, and we are okay. Any money they get will not erase the damage caused by being molested and having their parents selling their family to the highest bidder in order to have their own television show and five minutes of fame. The major reason why they have the lawsuit is the fact they were worried their gravy train was coming to an end instead of getting the help they obviously need. Do I feel bad for the girls? Yes, I do but only because they are a victim of their parent's and brother actions, and they are in deep denial by blaming a tabloid publisher instead of looking at their parents and brother and putting the blame on them for how things really turn out. Money is not going to heal them. They obviously have been brainwashed into believing it is the evil press who they went running to when they want to sell their marriage and having babies aka making money off their new lives, but they are quick to turn around and sue when the evil press prints their dirty little secret because they were brainwashed by mom and dad into having their lives shown to the world and not realizing by spouting their religious beliefs and hated of certain groups of people would come back to haunt them. The Duggar clan cannot have it both ways.

Edited by bigskygirl
5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

They were exploited and humiliated by Josh and their parents also, and they were went out in the real world pretending they were the God fearing people while hiding the fact their son and brother was a child molester. In my opinion, there was a lot more damage caused by what Josh and their parents did to them. If they did not want the story to come out one day, they should not have decided to go on national television and spout their gays and lesbians are child molesters and deserve to be punish for their sins while making money and having their five minutes of fame while hiding the what Josh had done. And do you honestly think the billionaire is the only one trying to make money off the Duggars? JB is the one making money off the fact he and Michelle had nineteen kids, and he use his four daughters who were molested by Josh to make money. He had to know sooner or later the truth would come out. He has no one else but himself, Michelle and Josh  to blame for what happened. The girls are innocent victims in all of this, and JB wants his pound of flesh from them because *gasp* someone had the guts to call him out on his bs. In my opinion, what Josh, Michelle and JB did to the four girls is a lot more damaging and hurtful than a story in a tabloid. Plus the fact, the four girls have moved on and two of them said it was no big deal, it happens in every family, and we are okay. Any money they get will not erase the damage caused by being molested and having their parents selling their family to the highest bidder in order to have their own television show and five minutes of fame. The major reason why they have the lawsuit is the fact they were worried their gravy train was coming to an end instead of getting the help they obviously need. Do I feel bad for the girls? Yes, I do but only because they are a victim of their parent's and brother actions, and they are in deep denial by blaming a tabloid publisher instead of looking at their parents and brother and putting the blame on them for how things really turn out. Money is not going to heal them. They obviously have been brainwashed into believing it is the evil press who they went running to when they want to sell their marriage and having babies aka making money off their new lives, but they are quick to turn around and sue when the evil press prints their dirty little secret because they were brainwashed by mom and dad into having their lives shown to the world and not realizing by spouting their religious beliefs and hated of certain groups of people would come back to haunt them. The Duggar clan cannot have it both ways.

When ones conflates the assaulted and their assailant, shouldn’t it all even out?

• Love 1

The sad fact is they are the victims of their brother's actions and their parents stupidity and lack of care. I would rather they receive the help they obviously need especially Jill because they are in complete denial of what really happened to them. No amount of money, (small, medium or large,) will ever erase the damage done. JB can get the girls to scream damage caused by the leak by a tabloid magazine while denying he did not get the care his daughters and son need but probably will not get, because his ego got bruised because *gasp* someone called him out on something as evil and sick of the violation of the safety and well being of four of his daughters. I am not saying the girls should turn around and sue and ruin his, Michelle, and Josh's lives forever, but to say they had nothing to do with all of this is wrong in so many ways it makes me sick. Plus the fact, Josh wants to sue the publisher because his actions were called out for the world to see after violating his own sisters and calling and accusing innocent groups of people for what he did to his own sisters makes me more angry. In my opinion, Josh, Michelle and JB brought all of this on themselves, and once again the four girls are the ones who suffer. This reek of JB trying to make money off his children again, and the sad fact is the girls were probably brainwashed again into believing they were the victims of the evil press when in reality, it is the parents who made the mistakes over and over again. Why take the blame when it is someone else's fault. The Duggar family motto.

Btw, I do not think the four girls are damaged goods. They probably have been told by people in their own circle they are damaged goods because they tempted their own brother into molested them. They are victims of their brother and their parents plain and simple in my own opinion. Their lives would never be the same because of what happened to them with or without the leak of the molestations. I hope one day one or all four of them will wake up and get the help they need and deserve.

Whether or not Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy have unresolved issues with their parents & Josh should have no bearing on their right to sue others who have violated their privacy. Being a victim of their parents and Josh does not make them less of a victim of the mistakes of city officials and the press.

The average person who is a survivor of incest usually has all kinds of conflicting feelings toward the molester and family members who could have protected them. Those feelings often change over time.

Many folks often outwardly defend loved ones even when they share the same negative feelings they are defending. We don't know why Jill and Jessa defended Josh, JB and M on TV. They could truly believe and feel what they said or they could have been defending their family, and by association, themselves. It takes a lot of courage, independence and resolve to privately acknowledge a family member's mistakes and even more to do it publicly. For members of an enmeshed family this is even more difficult. However, until the girls say otherwise, I chose to believe what they have said.

Anyway the girls are using their collective voice and putting themselves out there and even if the primary reason is for financial gain, I believe others will benefit from the court case.

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I might be a cynic, but, from what I've seen, there is nothing noble in the motivation to sue for damages, feigning noble motivation just puts a prettier face on the quest for monetary compensation for personal suffering.  Unless they're like Taylor Swift (for whom I generally have an irrational hate) and sue for a dollar and use their own money to set up a fund to help victims (or sue for a bundle and give a substantial percentage to a charity); all the Duggar baloney about the greater good is just that.

Whether noble or purely monetary, the intention of the Duggars bringing the lawsuit will not negate the benefit that other minors might gain from it if they win.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Which other minors might those be?  I hear this all the time but haven't seen any specific evidence let alone proof that somehow a specific lawsuit is going to have far reaching consequences for anyone else but the folks who are hoping to get money.  Sure, the rules may change in Tontitown in regards to release of police records, but it doesn't mean that no one will ever make a mistake or inadvertently release identifying information ever again.  The Duggar case is so very specific to their family (both in regards to their eventual notoriety making them identifiable and of interest to the media as well as their parents' actions to prevent Josh' prosecution actually leading to the police records NOT being destroyed) that I think it is extremely unlikely that that perfect storm of circumstances will ever present itself again, let alone that any minor is going benefit from anything that happens in that courtroom.  I've certainly not heard that there are multiple other kids in the area whose privacy has been violated in this way who are waiting for the Duggars to set the precedent.  For that matter, we still don't know the name of the 5th victim (nor should we) because she and her parents are apparently not interested in being famewhores and going public to complain that she was violated by the media but not by Josh.  I'd love to see a civil suit against the Duggars from that corner and personally feel it would have far more validity than the Duggar girls suit against the city.

I have no idea how many people have benefited from the public policy of sealing records nor can I recall any well known cases where the policy was not upheld. What I do know that when a publicized lawsuit is won it compels people to revise procedures and be more careful about following them. 

Fortunately the 5th survivor's identity was not revealed in the unsealed documents.

• Love 7

What I find interesting is when the lawsuit news came out. All the victims were married at the time, and Josh was home with his tail between his legs. JB is capitalizing on this because his precious family name is being dragged though the mud by someone calling him out on his crap by letting the world know he was hiding a child molester who mentally and physically violated four of his daughters. He was more worried about loss income and the world knowing his family especially himself, Michelle and Josh were two-faced hypocrites calling out others by their so-called sins while they were hiding a very ugly secret. The girls except for Jill seem to have moved on and have their own show and still making money so why say hey our income and life have hit rock bottom. I also think their we want to help others who have went though the same thing total bull crap. If this was true, they would have came out with the secret earlier *looking at you Michelle, JB and Josh* in order to help others and not spread their anti gay, lesbians and other groups by saying they are child molesters while hiding the fact four of their daughters were molested by Josh. And the worse part of all of this is, I would not be surprise if Josh molested other girls outside the family besides the fifth victim. I would rather see any money they might get go to get the girls' the proper treatment especially Jill need and deserve, but we all know it will not happen with JB in charge. I am waiting for the day someone brings a real lawsuit against the family because of their hated of certain groups and calling others child molesters by saying it has brought on emotionally and physically damage, and their name being dragged though the mud.

On 10/1/2017 at 8:53 PM, Kokapetl said:

Saying “turn the other cheek” is all well and good, but they were exploited and humiliated internationally by a multinational tabloid publisher owned by a billionaire. And basically just to make the billionaire even wealthier. If the daughters didn’t push back, such treatment would basically never stop. 

And I find the notion that since their parents may have treated them like crap, they’re somehow damaged goods who are obliged to first take their parents to task, and their claims are also inherently weaker (as they're damaged goods) to be incredibly distasteful. 

THIS!!!

• Love 4

What I don't get is that the police dept released the info in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act.  We were able to guess who's who, but I don't see how the police dept screwed this up.  If Boob & Michelle had done the right thing & turned Josh into the police as a minor, his records would have been sealed.  The Duggars f'd this up big time.  If they had followed the law, none of us would know about this.

• Love 19

ariel: I believe you are correct. If Josh's parents followed the law properly from the get go, the record could have been and would have been sealed. I remember it said that because the parents handled it "their way', the incident didn't go through normal, proper channels for procedure to be followed. That's why the record was available upon request. It's not anyone's fault but those girls' parents. Once again, it's JB and Michelle who should feel the wrath of their daughters, not the public officials OR the magazines.  They all were just doing their jobs. Magazines 'look' for things to print about known personalities and celebrities. That is their business. Public officials and employees were just doing their jobs. If I am wrong about any of this, I apologize but I think I remember it like this.

Oh, BTW, Jinger and Joy weren't married when this came to light...Jinger was married for the filing of the lawsuit and Joy still single.

• Love 6

I've read posts in various forums from people who have to do redactions as part of their job.  Most of them have said the redactions are in accordance with standard procedure.  I have read redactions on a few criminal cases of child abuse and/or assault.  The one that took place nearest to me read something like name redacted, a three year old boy in day care at 4849 Abcd St, Anytown, Md.  All of the neighbors knew who the kid was because there was only one three year old boy in that day care home.  The homeowner/assailant's name was not redacted.  I do live in a different state from the Duggars.  Of course, that family was not on TV nor were they written about in magazine.  However, people could file FOIA and figure it out.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It is also true that, while there were never charges filed, the Duggars shared the story with a number of people including many members of the church they attended.  The rumors of Josh' misconduct were very well known in their community. Those of us who'd been around various forums had heard for years that Josh had committed some sort of sexual sin for years and years. Of course, we mostly figured he'd been caught kissing a girl, even those of us who think JB and M are slime didn't figure on child molestation and a cover up.

The tabloids found out about it and where to look for proof from a gay couple who had apparently known about it for a while but only went to the tabs with the story because they were incensed that Michelle was complaining about transsexual women molesting children in restrooms all the while pretending her own family was a virtuous example of Christian living.  Once again, we circle back to the Duggar parents and their awful behavior at the root of the entire sordid mess.

I could be remembering this incorrectly. Didn't one of the commenters' back in the day post that anyone could go down to the Springfield PD to get copies through FOIA requests to prove the rumors were true?

It will never cease to amaze me that the Duggars and TLC knew the rumors were out there but never checked to make sure that the files were not accessible through FOIA requests. Yet they knew enough to retain a lawyer for Josh so he didn't have to be interviewed while the other children were being questioned.

We will have to wait and see how the rest plays out. I am finding some things strange. Like how they referred to the lawyers as "policy makers" in the original suit and that helped get parts of the lawsuit dismissed. I'm sure a bit of research would have yielded what roles the city lawyer and county lawyer played in the administration of both the city and county. I wonder what other holes the defendants' lawyers will find. I get a feeling that there are a lot of technicalities that will reduce the lawsuit considerably by the time everything is said and done.

• Love 3

Wheren't there rumors several years ago that the Duggars were going to be on Oprah.   Her staff did some research on them, found something sinister & reported it to authorities?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ariel said:

Wheren't there rumors several years ago that the Duggars were going to be on Oprah.   Her staff did some research on them, found something sinister & reported it to authorities?

I don't know if it was reported to the authorities but it was a time where are someone found a letter about Josh molesting his sisters in the book and send it to Oprah and then Oprah cancel them.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

I don't know if it was reported to the authorities but it was a time where are someone found a letter about Josh molesting his sisters in the book and send it to Oprah and then Oprah cancel them.

I thought the "letter" was found in a book lended out to one of the Duggar's friends.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ariel said:

I thought the "letter" was found in a book lended out to one of the Duggar's friends.

Yes it was and it was an unknown person who sent the letter to Oprah

Which makes me wonder how the unknown person you to send it to Oprah

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ariel said:

If you go back into the documents released by InTouch someone sent an email to Harpo studios alleging that Josh had molested his sisters. Harpo studios forwarded the emails which triggered an investigation. She makes no mention of the letter in the book there, just that Oprah should confront the Duggars about all their secrets.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PikaScrewChu said:

If you go back into the documents released by InTouch someone sent an email to Harpo studios alleging that Josh had molested his sisters. Harpo studios forwarded the emails which triggered an investigation. She makes no mention of the letter in the book there, just that Oprah should confront the Duggars about all their secrets.

I wish that episode of Oprah had been taped & aired.