Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E19: Did You Miss Me?

After Alison is confronted with a sudden, mysterious jeopardy, the Liars decide to take things into their own hands for a counterattack. Hanna and Caleb work together to develop a plan to come face-to-face with the tormentor. Emily and Spencer team up to investigate if Mona had any involvement with the murder. Aria and Ezra continue to work on the book though it might be more difficult than anticipated. Meanwhile, Ali encounters an unexpected visitor.

Promo:

Shut up, Ali. You were wearing sky-high heels and you tripped on a rug.

Now, what the fuck does Hanna think she's doing with Caleb???

I know it's a lie but Hanna having killed Charlotte would totally work. I've been thinking it all season. She's been acting like a sociopath at times.

• Love 1
(edited)

So... now Jordan is the one with the problems with being in a small town? What does Hanna feel she left behind? The lack of sushi? Oh, right, Lucas! Up until she runs into Caleb again. Oh, Hanna, why.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley

After Alison is confronted with a sudden, mysterious jeopardy

I'll take Bad Television plots for $200 please, Alex.

Did EmojiA force Alison to buy those ridiculous heels ? Or maybe EmojiA replaced the carpet at the top of the stairs with one that was extra trippy ? Dun, dun, dun, dun !!

• Love 2

Maybe Shower Emoji snuck into the house, carefully wrinkled the carpet at the top of the stairs, and stapled it into place. You know, with the hands she can't use unless she's climbing down a ladder into a secret lair or eating fried chicken while wearing gloves.

• Love 4

Now, what the fuck does Hanna think she's doing with Caleb???

THIS!

1)  Did A send her those heels? I'm so confused on how it wasn't an accident. Also is there a reason Allie can't just go with her new husband to the conference????

2)  Hannah's little hand-holding move on the couch with Caleb and the way she acted was totally uncool. Immature, insecure, total bitch move. 

• Love 3
Or Sarah's getting help from the supernatural elements from Ravenswood.

I heard a crow before the bed and breakfast scene and was like "Oh, no, they're back!"

So Mrs. D has the twin? Well, it's not the first time Andrea Parker has played look alike relatives.

THIS!

1)  Did A send her those heels? I'm so confused on how it wasn't an accident. Also is there a reason Allie can't just go with her new husband to the conference????

2)  Hannah's little hand-holding move on the couch with Caleb and the way she acted was totally uncool. Immature, insecure, total bitch move. 

Maybe A screwed with the carpet or something? I was confused about that as well.

Yeah, Hannah's hand hold was not cool. I was wondering if she was drunk or something, because it was so weird.

I don't totally get Hannah's plan. What does she think A is going to do to her if she believes she's the killer? A's done some terrible things without thinking that about any of them.

• Love 2

I'm! So! Confused!

And not in a good way. This episode felt like when you accidentally skip 3 while watching streaming TV. Where did ANY of these developments come from, and how do they make ANY sense?! I feel like this episode was written by a bot or something.

• Love 5

Yeah, Hannah's hand hold was not cool. I was wondering if she was drunk or something, because it was so weird.

I don't totally get Hannah's plan. What does she think A is going to do to her if she believes she's the killer? A's done some terrible things without thinking that about any of them.

I agree that Hanna's grabbing Caleb's hand was uncool but I have to admit chortling at how disgruntled Spencer looked at not being the center of male attention.

And the Madrid flashback just made me sick at how contrived the whole Caleb/Spencer "romance" is.

• Love 6

Hanna's plan may be the stupidest thing any of them have ever come up with. And that's a really, really low bar. "Hmmm, EmojA wants revenge against whoever killed Charlotte. I know, I'll say I did it, then EmojA will leave everyone else alone and focus on just me...wait a minute!" No, really, stupidest idea EVER.

I was so happy to see Mrs D back. I love her. Hope she's the twin.

I really only half watch this now, which saddens me as I used to get so excited, turn out the lights, put down the computer and just watch. But between the horribly obvious love triangle that is Hanna/Caleb/Spencer and ridiculously pointless Shower Harvey, anything to do with Toby (who was thankfully not around) and Ali playing house with the creepiest shrink since, well, Wren, I barely watch anymore. But Mona was, as always, great, and Lucas is adorably dorky so at least I had that.

• Love 3
(edited)

I only watched tonights episode thinking Spencer was going to murder somebody but alas nothing but boring repeated storylines.

Damn Andrea Parker, back at it again with the dual roles.

And the Madrid flashback just made me sick at how contrived the whole Caleb/Spencer "romance" is.

The writers did the unthinkable, they made me dislike Spencer.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 2

Is it confirmed that Mrs. D has the twin?  Because I think it was a misdirect.

Hanna was gross grabbing Caleb's hand like that.  He was worse for not pulling away or doing ANYTHING boyfriendish for his alleged current girlfriend.  Seriously, it was like we missed two episodes or something.

Maybe A screwed with the carpet or something? I was confused about that as well.

I figured EmojA just took credit for an accident, but didn't do anything to cause it unless (s)he put some kind of remote control in Ali's shoes.

I agree that Hanna's grabbing Caleb's hand was uncool but I have to admit chortling at how disgruntled Spencer looked at not being the center of male attention.

Spencer and Caleb are disgusting together, and it seems like they are still not done next week. Spencer being jealous just made me laugh. You're right that she can't stand not being the center of every male's world. She also doesn't care about Hanna's feelings, so why should Hanna care about hers.

• Love 3

Well if Hannah is upset over Spencer and Caleb, then maybe she should talk to Spencer like an adult instead of moping around Rosewood like a petulant spoiled brat all the while engaged to another man, or maybe she should have told the truth when Spencer came to her, she really has no one to blame for this situation but herself.

• Love 11

Well if Hannah is upset over Spencer and Caleb, then maybe she should talk to Spencer like an adult instead of moping around Rosewood like a petulant spoiled brat all the while engaged to another man, or maybe she should have told the truth when Spencer came to her, she really has no one to blame for this situation but herself.

Spencer and Caleb are to blame for this situation. They should have had more respect for Hanna.

Also, based on Spencer's past, it didn't matter what Hanna said, she still would have gotten together with Caleb. Although, one of the reasons Spencer and Caleb is the worst, is because, despite Spencer's past of getting with other people's boyfriends, I don't buy that she would ever do this to Hanna or Aria. They have never had these girls go after the same guy, and it sucks that they went there.

I also think that Hanna grabbing Caleb's hand like that was just out of habit. It didn't seem like either of them thought about it at all.

• Love 4

Is it confirmed that Mrs. D has the twin?  Because I think it was a misdirect.

I agree.  Marlene's been tweeting about the twin like crazy for some time now so most viewers know that twist is coming so i think it's a last-minute Big Reveal red herring.  This season's Rhys Matthews.

I was so happy to see Mrs D back. I love her. Hope she's the twin.

Maybe this means we're going to find out who killed her. 

BTW am I forgetting what happened to Ali's dad? She mentioned living in the house alone before, but I don't remember hearing why her father's not still around.

I can't believe next week is the finale and literally nothing has yet to happen this season. It doesn't even seem like they're promoting it, I guess they're expecting the usual mass disappointment. 

Alison has seen her mother in dreams before so I don't think she'd be that startled by just a dream, so I'd go with the obvious theory that Mrs. D is the mystery twin. Which if true... who cares? So is the one we saw tonight Ali's real mom who's good and the dead Mrs. D is actually Ali's aunt who was evil? This show is so ridiculous sometimes. 

Dr. Rollins is so creepy. I don't know what it is about him, other than of course the possibility that he's somehow connected to A because all new people are suspect, but just seeing him with Ali is kind of weird. Especially in the hospital scene because they had very little makeup on Sasha so she looked really young and he looked like some creepy older doctor perving on a teenage patient. 

Anyone else notice the on screen hashtag when Lucas offers Hanna the warehouse? #sugardaddylucas. Who comes up with these things? 

I have a hard time buying that Hanna cares enough about Alison to travel out of town to visit her at the hospital.

I felt bad for Spencer. I think she's starting to realize that Hanna and Caleb will always have a deep connection and she'll always be the third wheel in her own relationship. I did enjoy watching her guzzling wine as Hanna and Caleb came up with the worst plan ever though. Of course I don't want Hanna to get hurt but if she does, she only has herself to blame because boy is this plan stupid. 

So Mona didn't kill Charlotte because someone else got to her first? That's the second time Mona almost killed someone...there was that time Mona was going to kill Alison but instead just almost killed Bethany. She's a repeat near murderer but the show still presents her as a victim and I totally fall for it because I actually feel bad for her when she's all sad and lonely. 

• Love 5

Spencer's reaction to the handgrab was the icing on this cake of crap. As Miss E

says above they've never had the girls go after each other's partners or shown

them to be jealous of each other. Which I've always found refreshing. The girls

and their relationships to each other has always been the strongest part of this

show.

Best line of the ep: Free range Mona. That cracked me up. Sometimes this show

can be very funny.

Hanna's plan, as we know of it so far, sucks. What the hell is she thinking? A could

turn this info right over to the cops, show them her text admittting to it. How does this

help them in any way?

Where is the twin coming in? Was it mentioned briefly in the scenes for next wk? I

completely missed the reference.

Hanna looked much better this ep than she has all season.

It was also kind of creepy how Hanna grabbed Caleb's hand and then followed up

with how Spencer should contact Toby. Why exactly?

I "watch" this show while playing games, usually, so I'm only looking at the screen sometimes. Dr. Rollins sounds so much like Toby (not just the voice, but the line delivery) that it's distracting. At one point last week I thought Toby was speaking until I looked over. Anyway, I think he's a bad actor and probably evil. That line tonight about how he was "just starting to understand how loyal [the girls] are to Alison" was weird.

• Love 2

Honestly, I thought Hanna's handhold and Caleb not instantly putting her hand down (although he did) was supposed to seem instinctual for the two of them. And I don't think Spencer was upset about the action, but rather the fact that it was instinctual. By the end of the episode, she seems to have accepted it. I think we're going to see Spencer be the one to make the couples "right." (Bleh..can't they just share Caleb.) 

Had to catch up on this show, as I missed it last week. Last week's episode was better. 

Remember when Hanna was surprisingly smart? I do, I miss those days. This show is just a crap fest now, why did we need to see Aria & Ezra eating dinner with her boss? What is the point of Lucas? Unless he's A, he's adding nothing, in fact, nobody on this show is adding anything.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was really confused with this episode.

I didn't get how Alli's trip in those heels on the stairs was done by 'A'. What if Ali chose to wear flats? What if she chose to not leave the room at all? I guess they're trying to say 'A' did something to the carpet, but it didn't show that way.

Elliott seems too nice. I keep thinking he's up to something.

Why couldn't Alli have gone to Chicago too?

Is the Mrs. D scene supposed to be not a dream? She's alive and her twin died?

Emily calling Aria and saying she needed to tell Ezra? Umm why? Why did Ezra need to know right that second and be in on the plan? May be it'll be explained later. 

Is Ezra's book really about the dead girlfriend? So Ezra's writing about her, but Aria's writing about Ezra & her? I'm confused about what this book is about.

Spencer sure got drunk jealous really fast (even before the hand grab). If she's that insecure over Caleb and Hannah teaming up on a plan and sitting on the couch next to each other, then she shouldn't have never gotten in the middle of that. She lived through their relationship from day one and should have known better. She's getting what she deserves by having to watch their connection.

How is someone who claims can't do anything with her hands be driving around town?

Although, one of the reasons Spencer and Caleb is the worst, is because, despite Spencer's past of getting with other people's boyfriends, I don't buy that she would ever do this to Hanna or Aria.

She did it with like every relationship her own sister had, including fiancee's. Spencer would this to anyone.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hanna was gross grabbing Caleb's hand like that.  He was worse for not pulling away or doing ANYTHING boyfriendish for his alleged current girlfriend.  Seriously, it was like we missed two episodes or something.

I thought I did see Caleb pull his hand away and lean back a little. And then he booked it but quick when he dropped Hanna off with Lucas.  I'll have to watch it again. How did other people read Caleb's reaction?  Honestly, I'd rather see he and Spencer split up, but he seemed uncomfortable to me. 

Interesting to see Ezra being controlling creeper dude with this other girlfriend too.  Oh Ezra, you're consistently the worst. Well done!

Edited by paperdoll
  • Love 2

I thought I did see Caleb pull his hand away and lean back a little. And then he booked it but quick when he dropped Hanna off with Lucas.  I'll have to watch it again. How did other people read Caleb's reaction?  Honestly, I'd rather see he and Spencer split up, but he seemed uncomfortable to me. 

Interesting to see Ezra being controlling creeper dude with this other girlfriend too.  Oh Ezra, you're consistently the worst. Well done!

Yeah, I saw Caleb drop Hanna's hand too. Maybe he didn't jump back instantly when Hanna first touched him but he did disentangle himself from her relatively quickly, which was the right thing to do. I thought Hanna was out of line there. Like it or not, Caleb is now Spencer's boyfriend and Hanna is engaged to another man. Maybe it was just a reflex, but it felt disrespectful to both Caleb and Spencer, as well as Jordan. Hanna seemed a little too eager to work with Caleb and it's becoming more and more obvious that she's not over him. 

Question about Ezra and Aria's book... is it meant to be non-fiction? Are they just telling Ezra and Nicole's story because it appears they're using Ezra's and Nicole's names? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, I saw Caleb drop Hanna's hand too. Maybe he didn't jump back instantly when Hanna first touched him but he did disentangle himself from her relatively quickly, which was the right thing to do. I thought Hanna was out of line there. Like it or not, Caleb is now Spencer's boyfriend and Hanna is engaged to another man. Maybe it was just a reflex, but it felt disrespectful to both Caleb and Spencer, as well as Jordan. Hanna seemed a little too eager to work with Caleb and it's becoming more and more obvious that she's not over him. 

Question about Ezra and Aria's book... is it meant to be non-fiction? Are they just telling Ezra and Nicole's story because it appears they're using Ezra's and Nicole's names? 

Okay thanks. I wasn't sure if I was just completely misreading what happened there.

I agree Hanna was out of line, but honestly I'm mostly mad at the showrunners for creating this stupid situation.  Even if Spencer and Caleb break up, I don't want he and Hanna back together because the partner swapping is just eye-rollingly annoying.  As many have already mentioned, the fact they never pulled this boyfriend switch up thing before was one of the great things about the female friendships on this show.  The new mystery disappoints, our "adult" characters behave like overgrown adolescents, and I feel like the writers have ruined a good portion of the relationships.  It's like they had no idea, or didn't care, about what drew people to the show in the first place. I'm even disappointed that Emily has stopped dating because it sort of feels like she's being denied an adult same-sex relationship. 

I'm not sure whether this book is fiction, non-fiction, or what - but I think it is mostly just a Macguffin to get Aria and Ezra in the same room consistently, in each episode. So I'd be surprised if the writers even know what the deal with the book is supposed to be.

Edited by paperdoll
  • Love 2

I mean, holy mackerel. Are we just ignoring that Hanna's engaged to be married? Spencer's the worst for feeling sad about her boyfriend potentially going back to his ex, but Hanna, the woman with 3 guys orbiting her, is just completely blameless in the situation. Never mind that Hanna has one guy giving her a freaking warehouse, and one guy who gave her an engagement ring, and yet neither of these guys is the one she wants.

I mean, really, are we at the point where we take sides with Melissa and pervy older men who can't keep their hands off a teenager? Are we really deciding that getting with OPP is Spencer's "thing" because Ian and Wren were apparently just such great guys who never did anything wrong? And are we concluding that Spencer has no right to expect loyalty from her boyfriend while he's dating her, because Hanna couldn't get over him after accepting another man's proposal?

• Love 16

I mean, holy mackerel. Are we just ignoring that Hanna's engaged to be married? Spencer's the worst for feeling sad about her boyfriend potentially going back to his ex, but Hanna, the woman with 3 guys orbiting her, is just completely blameless in the situation. Never mind that Hanna has one guy giving her a freaking warehouse, and one guy who gave her an engagement ring, and yet neither of these guys is the one she wants.

I mean, really, are we at the point where we take sides with Melissa and pervy older men who can't keep their hands off a teenager? Are we really deciding that getting with OPP is Spencer's "thing" because Ian and Wren were apparently just such great guys who never did anything wrong? And are we concluding that Spencer has no right to expect loyalty from her boyfriend while he's dating her, because Hanna couldn't get over him after accepting another man's proposal?

I’m totally with you. It saddens me to see all this negativity directed towards Spencer because all she did was fall for a guy who used to date her friend. That doesn’t make Spencer a bad person or even a bad friend. She handled it as best she could. She spoke to Hanna and got her blessing before acting on her feelings.

Hanna has no claim to Caleb, he’s not her property. She’s engaged to another man and should be focused on her future with him, not on her past with Caleb. I hate this idea that once you date someone, you belong to them forever. Sure the situation requires some tact and may even be uncomfortable at times for Hanna, but if Spencer and Caleb truly make each other happy then why shouldn’t they be together? Because of some made-up unspoken rule about not dating your friend’s ex? That's such BS. 

As for Ian and Wren..they were creeps who both made a habit of preying on young vulnerable teenage girls. Spencer's not some serial boyfriend stealer, she was an insecure 16 year old girl when these grown men came onto her. You don't think a man like Ian knew what he was doing by going after girls like Alison and Spencer when they were 15 and 16 years old? 

• Love 10

I come out of lurking just to say that Lucas buying a factory and then giving it to Hanna is something out a terrible fan fiction plot.

Why am I still watching this? Nothing anyone did made sense this episode (or really since the time jump). Except maybe Mona who is officially the best thing about this show.

• Love 6

This entire triangle is messed up and for me, the point is that Spencer never should have gone after Caleb to begin with because he's Hanna's ex-boyfriend and her first loyalty should be to her friend.  I would feel the same if Aria started to throw herself at Toby or Hanna started flirting with Ezra--you just don't date ex-boyfriends of friends.  If Spencer is now jealous and hurt, then that's on her for getting in the middle of a painful situation.

And if Hanna does have Lucas interested in her and Jordan, then it's a nice change of pace because it's normally Spencer who has multiple love interests.  I also agree if Hanna is confused about her feelings for Caleb then she should break it off with Jordan--hopefully she will see sense and decide to stay single for awhile.

• Love 3
(edited)

First of all, now we knew that Aria is one of those gross people who licks her fingers to turn pages. Ewwwwww. I had a coworker like that and I had to resist the urge to snatch any and all papers out of his hands whenever he wandered into my office and started taking reports from my desk. I knew it was just a matter of time before he would lick his fingers to flip through them and then leave the saliva coated paper on my desk. [/germaphobe]

I was cracking up at the cloak and dagger of Shower Emoji's man servant loitering near an ice cream truck and then casually throwing the Radley blueprints into her car window as she drove by. Related story: one day, Mr. EB called me from work and said, "Do you know what's more ridiculous than seeing a man in a suit walking down the street eating an ice cream cone? Three guys in suits walking down the street eating ice cream cones." That's all I could think about when I saw that scene.

I am beginning to believe the theory that the blonde is Sara's twin, because why would the Shower Emoji who Emily saw driving the car need the Radley blueprints if she already had a copy in her hotel room? Wouldn't she just have taken the blueprints with her when she left?

Looks like Spencer is turning into Ashley Junior with her wine drinking. I'm not really interested in flashbacks of Spencer and Caleb's version of Before Sunrise.

Ha, loved the sign in the hotel that said "patio lounge lanai" (spelling out PLL vertically).

I was rolling my eyes so hard during Alison's conversation with Elliott in the hospital.

Alison: I was really, really happy the moment before I tripped. I wonder if that's why I fell. Maybe every good thing has to be paid for by a bad thing.

Elliott: That's not how the universe works.

Alison: Sometimes I feel like I'm being punished for surviving, still being alive.

Elliott: Or maybe you just snagged your shoe on the carpet. The planets did not align to give you a bump on the head. It was an accident. That's all.

If the universe is into tit for tat then instead of every good thing being paid for by a bad thing, every bad thing would get you some karmic punishment which would mean Alison has a lot of stairs to fall down before the universe evens the score for all the bitchy things that Ali did to her own friends and their parents before she disappeared. If the universe is going to punish Ali for anything, it's going to be for all the bullying she did, not because she survived. Elliott's very practical answer just made me think he's in on it.

I also call BS on some conference calling Elliott and asking him to be on a panel the day before. Please. Conferences plan their speakers and panels MONTHS in advance.

I paused the screen when Aria was reading Ezra's manuscript and gawd, his writing is so lame. Please tell me more about your masculine gear grinding. And the main character of this fictional novel is named Ezra? SO LAME.

My gut instinct is always to disagree with Ezra, but I too prefer paper books to ebooks. I have a kindle but I only use it when I travel because it takes up less room.

How does Hanna think this plan is a good idea? She is going to give New A a confession and she thinks New A is not going to use this against her? I mean, come on, you guys, THINK! You know that Tanner is going to end up with these texts and then come after Hanna while she's in the middle of running from New A.

When did Hanna decide she was BFFs with Ali again? She so ridiculously nice to her in this episode that you'd think it was Emily in the hospital, not Ali.

I saw the hand holding as Hanna unconsciously showing that she and Caleb were a united front and that they were going to do this with or without everyone else's help. I don't think she was intentionally trying to be possessive of Caleb or make Spencer jealous. But maybe that's because I still like the old Hanna who never would have come up with such a dumb idea to trap New A.

And in Hanna's defense (sort of), Spencer was already guzzling wine and looking pissed/jealous before The Hand Holding Incident. She was clearly upset that Hanna and Caleb had teamed up and come up with a plan on their own. Caleb looked less upset about Hanna taking his hand and more panicked because he saw the look on Spencer's face.

Anyone else notice the on screen hashtag when Lucas offers Hanna the warehouse? #sugardaddylucas. Who comes up with these things?

This is the same network that came up with #poorjo for Twisted and thought that would go over well so, yeah, their promo monkeys are idiots.

I come out of lurking just to say that Lucas buying a factory and then giving it to Hanna is something out a terrible fan fiction plot.

So Lucas is Christian Grey?

Why does this season have only 20 episodes? That's the shortest season PLL has ever had. S1 had 22 episodes, S2 had 25, S3-S4 had 24, and S5 had 25.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3
(edited)

When Spencer and Emily were scamming Sara's comfort-bro driver so they could see what he was carrying, what fell out of the tube?  The building plans were rolled up in it but something else dropped out.  I couldn't tell what it was.

BTW am I forgetting what happened to Ali's dad? She mentioned living in the house alone before, but I don't remember hearing why her father's not still around.

Ali said that her dad didn’t want to have anything to do with Charlotte, so he disappeared.  Jason is busy with the Carassimi Group (driving down its stock price presumably).  Basic throw-away lines to explain why they didn’t have those actors available.

Dr. Rollins is so creepy. I don't know what it is about him, other than of course the possibility that he's somehow connected to A because all new people are suspect, but just seeing him with Ali is kind of weird. Especially in the hospital scene because they had very little makeup on Sasha so she looked really young and he looked like some creepy older doctor perving on a teenage patient.

Funny, this was the first time I wasn’t totally creeped out by Elliot.  I think it was because he was acting like Ali’s caring husband instead of her psychologist. 

Where is the twin coming in? Was it mentioned briefly in the scenes for next wk? I completely missed the reference.

There was a hashtag on the previews for next week.  #TwinOnPLL I think.

My bet is still on Shower Harvey having a twin.  It was Bath Harvey driving the car; she's wearing gloves so she can pretend to be Sara but has fully functional non-robotic hands.

I laughed at that allegedly dramatic reenactment, both because Ezra was just an awful human being, and because Nicole is really a 900 year old vampire.  She wasn’t kidnapped by rebels; she was bricked into a wall by Klaus.

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am relieved it's 20 episodes.

My gut instinct is always to disagree with Ezra, but I too prefer paper books to ebooks

Yeah, but you probably don't stress that they need to be be acid-free, so you're in the clear (unless you serve tea and lime).  Next episode, Ezra should be wearing leather elbow patches on his shorts. (typo but I'll leave it).

Why do people lick their fingers before they turn pages? Surely it's an affectation developed from watching others and doesn't serve a true function. Lick! Ick!  The book coming to life was oddly uncompelling in any way. Why do we need this storyline? To keep Ezra relevant? No more please. I though Aria's boss looked vaguely familiar. Anyone?

Oooh, I felt uncomfortable reading the above posts and having people choose sides in the Hanna/Spencer drama (don't let that stop you of course).  I agree that the friendship between the 4 must be the focus so the viewers don't turn on the girls. This episode felt  like the WB. Even though I wanted Spencer/Caleb to have more scenes, I'm now sorry that it has had an effect on their friendship or the loyalty among the trio (or whatever 4 are called).  I don't want to watch that. I kinda thought it was feminist to have them not fighting over boys.

I will say something nice about the show. I like it when two of the girls pair off for a little adventure or snooping. They all have good chemistry with each other and they seem to rotate the pairs nicely, so we can see the different friendships.

What else? The guy licking the ice-cream was the most terrifying thing I've seen in the show this season.  It was was creepy in a Twin Peaks or Stephen King kind of way with him in a suit and the ice-cream van and all the lil kids. Lick! Ick!  I also agree that Alison's Dr looked like a predator. It made me uncomfortable. Why do we need this storyline? To keep Ali relevant?

I liked the aerial shot 'cos it was a little bit different.  Mrs D is disconcerting to watch and I too feel sorry for Mona when she's reminded that nobody wuvs her (well maybe her mother, but no one wants to be her friend - bar dolls). She wasn't even allowed to be herself in the dollhouse.

Other than that, it was one of the worst episodes in quite a while.  It was laughably bad because I really did laugh out loud at parts.  The only non-derisive laugh was the 'free range Mona' as mentioned. It brought up some good images in my mind. 

The 'A' final scene was really stupid. It's like they have new writers who are trying to copy old episodes and missing the point entirely. That has happened to a lot of shows that go on too long (Simpsons, Dexter - insert your show).

Can A be a male this time? Enough evil females. Also, this 'A' is lamer, so it would be funny.  If A3 had messed with the carpet or fire place thingy, it was pure luck that the intended target was hurt.  I didn't understand the Emoji greeting card. Ali is on it, Mona is not (she hates being left out!). So Emily was already 'got' by stealing her eggs or following her with a noisy exhaust pipe and getting her prints on the non-weapon. I guess Aria is burnt and Ali tripped and ended up in hospital, but surely there should be some consistency in the level and type of attack.  I give it an F.

Edited by insubordination
The guy licking the ice-cream was the most terrifying thing I've seen in the show this season.  It was was creepy in a Twin Peaks or Stephen King kind of way with him in a suit and the ice-cream van and all the lil kids. Lick! Ick!

But was it creepier than Ian drinking milk?

When Spencer and Emily were scamming Sara's comfort-bro driver so they could see what he was carrying, what fell out of the tube?  The building plans were rolled up in it but something else dropped out.  I couldn't tell what it was.

It was a key to a different room at (the) Radley so the girls interpreted that to mean that Comfort Bro got another room (not under Sara's name) and then gave her the key so no one will know she's staying there. I don't know why she is bothering to get room keys since she can just sneak in the back door where Spencer and Aria came out when they climbed into the Radley dungeon.

I’m totally with you. It saddens me to see all this negativity directed towards Spencer because all she did was fall for a guy who used to date her friend. That doesn’t make Spencer a bad person or even a bad friend. She handled it as best she could. She spoke to Hanna and got her blessing before acting on her feelings.

Hanna has no claim to Caleb, he’s not her property. She’s engaged to another man and should be focused on her future with him, not on her past with Caleb. I hate this idea that once you date someone, you belong to them forever. Sure the situation requires some tact and may even be uncomfortable at times for Hanna, but if Spencer and Caleb truly make each other happy then why shouldn’t they be together? Because of some made-up unspoken rule about not dating your friend’s ex? That's such BS.

As for Ian and Wren..they were creeps who both made a habit of preying on young vulnerable teenage girls. Spencer's not some serial boyfriend stealer, she was an insecure 16 year old girl when these grown men came onto her. You don't think a man like Ian knew what he was doing by going after girls like Alison and Spencer when they were 15 and 16 years old?

Caleb isn't Hanna's property, but blessing or not, Spencer should have been loyal to Hanna, over sleeping with Caleb. I 100% believe that Spencer was going to get with Caleb even if Hanna had said she wasn't ok with it. That's just who Spencer is.

I will never buy that Spencer or Caleb actually care about Hanna after this, and that sucks because I always believed these girls truly loved and cared about each other.

I mean Spencer isn't some innocent little victim here who Hanna is being mean to.

• Love 2

Hanna should have been honest with Spencer. Should Caleb die alone because it makes Hanna feel good to know the option is always there?

Hanna was putting her friend's feelings above her own. Something Spencer is incapable of doing. Spencer doesn't get to act jealous, when she expects Hanna to totally be ok with her and Caleb

Caleb is totally free to move on, but moving on to one of Hanna's best friends is not ok, but I'm sure both Spencer and Caleb will find some way to make Hanna the bad guy here. It's clear to me that Haleb are done, and this whole Hanna/Caleb plot is nothing but angst for Marlene's new obsession.

• Love 1

Yeah I think regardless if Hanna had been okay or not, Spencer would have done what she wanted. I don't buy Haleb is over for good. I think they will be back together at some point during the show.

And I dong know Spencer seemed quite annoyed that Hanna and Caleb were working together and not at all worried about Hanna's safety regarding the new plan.

• Love 3

Spencer was going to do what Spencer wanted she didn't care about the blessing, the fact she was even going there to begin with Hannah's Caleb has been bad enough. Not together or not, Spencer knows and was there for the history, she should have some loyalty and friend respect. It's not about claim, it's about respecting the long time relationship and love that Hannah had/has for Caleb.  

Had Hannah not given the blessing, Spencer would have gone ahead anyways and turned it on Hannah for ruining her happiness or something. Hannah really had no choice but to tell her to go ahead, because Hannah actually thought of her friend first.

The show itself and writing is showing Spencer as someone who goes "shopping out of other people's baskets." Melissa out right said it to her. It's not all the guys faults for Spencer always wanting people attached to others, the writing shows it's a habit.  

Also Spencer was guzzling wine long before the hand hold, the fact alone that Caleb and Hannah were this plan making team not caring whether she agrees or not was causing her to drink. So if she's that  jealous and insecure over Hannah what is she doing with Caleb? 

• Love 2

She does because Caleb was dating her. Doesn't he get a say to who he is with? Hanna saying she was OK with it read to me like lying to herself. That's not on Spencer if she says she's happy with her fiancée. The viewers can see she doesn't know about a life with Jordan. Besides. They didn't date fresh from their breakup. Their feelings didn't go away years later what is the point in hs he's mine bs.