Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 03/07/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Yes, trashing your kid's dad on tv or anywhere... uncool. Glad she didnt' go there, but she isn't stupid either. She has a lovely voice. She should do audio books. No, really.

Too bad Donald doesn't feel that way about his kids' moms. He told Howard Stern that Marla has great tits but she's dumb.

• Love 5

Too bad Donald doesn't feel that way about his kids' moms. He told Howard Stern that Marla has great tits but she's dumb.

The Donald would be nothing without his money.  Personally, I don't think he has any redeeming qualities & his "women" have found this out in spades.  His children must be very proud, but they suck it up because of his money.  Just sayin'.

• Love 7

The Donald would be nothing without his money.  Personally, I don't think he has any redeeming qualities & his "women" have found this out in spades.  His children must be very proud, but they suck it up because of his money.  Just sayin'.

When Tiffany Trump was born in the '80s a new receptionist named "Tiffany" started at my office - but she was kind of an airhead, always leaving before the boss got in and coming back after he left for the day. She would go shopping and out for manicures.  He never did meet her. I had forgotten about "Tiffany" so thanks to Marla for bringing those memories back. (wink, wink)

I appreciate Michelle Collins because she is the singular voice of the non-Christian on the show. It gets very thick with all the Jesus references, and she brings the conversation back to earth, with her informed point of view. (At these times she's not joking.) Sometimes in life I'm the only "non-Christian" in the room and I have to remind people that not everyone worships the same way. So unless they have another Jewish person on, I'm glad Michelle is there.

• Love 10

If you listen carefully and "read between the lines" - Marla said that Donald Was a good father in that he paid for his kids to go to the best schools, provided for her daughter financially.   She also said she was a single mom who had to do it all, with no weekends off.   and she repeated that she wasn't going to criticize the father of her child. 

What I take from that is that he didn't care to spend any time with his kid, but sent $, and figured that was all he was responsible for.   And she's bound to an agreement not say anything negative about him, so she has to disguise her opinion in her positive comments.

• Love 19

If you listen carefully and "read between the lines" - Marla said that Donald Was a good father in that he paid for his kids to go to the best schools, provided for her daughter financially.   She also said she was a single mom who had to do it all, with no weekends off.   and she repeated that she wasn't going to criticize the father of her child. 

What I take from that is that he didn't care to spend any time with his kid, but sent $, and figured that was all he was responsible for.   And she's bound to an agreement not say anything negative about him, so she has to disguise her opinion in her positive comments.

You betcha!!!

• Love 4

Trump has bragged many times about the fact that he's never changed a diaper. With the number of kids he has, that tells you all you need to know about how involved he was with his children

• Love 5

Welp we finally get a Whoop free week and get saddled with Jed. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away. :-)

Trump has bragged many times about the fact that he's never changed a diaper. With the number of kids he has, that tells you all you need to know about how involved he was with his children

BUT HE ANSWERS THE PHONE!! [/Marla] so pin an effing rose on his nose. [/snerk] Dad of the year answers the phone ! OMG! call Ripley's!

Marla is quite lovely. Too bad her daughter looks like Trump. I will be in hell if you need me

Edited by ari333
  • Love 4

I will not lie. I laughed and laughed and giggled when Joy impersonated the catcallers, with her "yomama" and the kissy noises. It was hilarious.

And Paula SUCKS as a comedian. Stick to your day job. I LAUGHED when she fell flat. And reading from the blue cards? Really? Really? 

My brain is all mushy so I don't even remember what bullshit and nonsense Jedidiah was spewing. And Raven can just STFU.

I can respect why Marla doesn't speak ill of Drumpf because he is the father of her child, but I totally was side-eyeing her and rolling my eyes at the same time when she said how he doesn't like violence, or doesn't promote or incite it, and it makes him "sadz" (that's my word) when it happens. Which is such a LIE.  She clearly hasn't seen the clips of him at his rallies, where he has STATED how he wants to punch someone in the face, how he would like to see a protester, beaten and taken out on a stretcher, and other similar things. So, shut up Marla, and just stick to the "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" instead of saying things that aren't true and can be proven to be NOT TRUE.  And the fact that Raven, or anyone believed Drumpf's lies about how he abhors violence and doesn't tell his supporters to do what they've done, when there's proof he's done just that? It's just mind boggling.  And that behind the backs of his supporters, he calls them morons and idiots.

I like David Muir. But he suffers from the same problem that Lisa Ling does.  When he records his voice for the voiceover for the special, he sounds stilted. And the way he reads his script. It's like he.says.a word. and then completes the sentence. Or he will say the first sentence, and the.rest.of.the.sentence...sounds.like.what...I.am.typing, with the ellipses and periods as pauses. Lisa does the same thing. Yet when he's reporting at the news desk, he sounds natural. When he's talking, as he did at the table, he sounds natural.  Both Lisa and David need to take lessons from Diane Sawyer on how to breathe and read their script when recording a voiceover.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

I can respect why Marla doesn't speak ill of Drumpf because he is the father of her child, but I totally was side-eyeing her and rolling my eyes at the same time when she said how he doesn't like

My guess is that he has paid her "royally" to keep her mouth shut.

She talks and the money stops. JMHO

• Love 6

ITA, MC, that she has been silenced.

OTOH she has been out of the public life for a long time raising her daughter.

And is near to being an empty nester.

Plus we need to brace ourselves for the constant promotion of DWTS.

Thank God we are spared from Michelle's recaps of the Bachelor.

But - jmho.....

• Love 3

If he was "supporting" her in any way, she wouldn't have to do DWTS.  Just saying'.

How tightly can you bind how child support is spent in NY?  Just read about how diverse some child support settlements can be.  And how there have been some extremely private and extremely generous settlements that do more towards guaranteeing how wide the umbrella is in terms of deciding what falls under it as the child's living costs.  Property being settled directly on the children that gave privileges to the mother but kept her out of any control as the father was the trustee.  Some spouses are content to have more given to the children if it means they still enjoy a lifestyle they have become accustomed to but don't get as much control over how the checks are written.

Marla might be wanting more money she can call her own as her daughter gets older.  And from what I have seen of her Trump Concubine and then Consort days, she liked the fame well enough. Wasn't she jumping at any show that would squeeze her in (thanks to Nick at Night she did a Nanny episode -- also a Designing Women). So doing DWTS might be more or at least just as much about that.  Plus her daughter is now 22 which might mean she passed an important date in child support.  Or Marla wants to have full financial freedom to pursue marriage to a non-billionaire this time around. 

But one thing I have learned is that the rich often define "enough" quite differently than regular people do.

• Love 1

If he was "supporting" her in any way, she wouldn't have to do DWTS.  Just saying'.

ITA, MC, that she has been silenced.

There are some interesting links on her Wikipedia page and it sounds like she's been back in NYC trying to get a career going again since her daughter started college a few years ago but this was the most interesting part to me:

In January 2000, a memoir by Maples, All That Glitters Is Not Gold, was announced by the ReganBooks division of HarperCollins Publishers. In February 2002, a spokeswoman for the publishing company said that ''The author and publisher by mutual consent have agreed not to publish the book.''[8]

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/24/nyregion/following-up.html

Hmmmmm

• Love 5

Tiffany has been at UPenn for the last four years during the school year. Marla only got a 2 million dollar payout from her pre-nup, so I wonder how much the support was?  Did Trump pay for her home on the west coast so that Tiffany had a nice place to live?

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 3

I was overly tired when I made my comments about Snookie/Nicole taking Raven's seat permanently. I'd still like to see her sub for Raven to see what would happen though.

• Love 1

If he was "supporting" her in any way, she wouldn't have to do DWTS. Just saying'.

I think Marla was persuaded and paid handsomely for her appearance on DWTS because she is related to Donald-- due to him running for president--which is ratings gold.

I also heartily believe that Marla had to get permission from the Donald to do DWTS and the spew, because Donald controls her public image -which is forever linked to him--with his alimony checks and powerful lawyers. Marla didn't have much of any kind of a career before she met him, so I doubt she minds the control.

Marla was in Annie, Get Your Gun, on Broadway when she was linked with Donald twenty-some years ago, and I think she got good reviews for her singing and dancing, but since then, nada. She seemed likable and close to her daughter--a good person IMHO.

• Love 3

Either way, it can't be easy being 52 in Hollywood years & having to worry about finances.  I think she's nice & pretty, but the fact that she told a friend that Donald was "the best sex she'd ever had" was just feeding his ever-hungry ego.  I think people do DWTS (& I'm a big fan) to up their Q rating & there's no shame in that.  It's hard work & the money gets better the further you go on the show.  I feel sorry for her & hope she does well & can earn a few bucks to provide her with some security & self-esteem.  Just sayin'.

• Love 3

Donald has dated many, many women and you never hear a negative word from any of them and we know it's not because he is such a nice guy.  I don't think it is all about the money/payoff.  I suspect a lot of it is fear.  We've seen how he goes after people on Twitter.  Imagine what his attorneys do behind the scenes.  I have read a couple of comments made  by Ivanna that he closed down with one tweet.  And of course he shut her down during the divorce when she accused him of raping her and she retracted the accusation. 

Lionel Richie paid his ex-wife not to be on the RHOBH, so I would imagine that Donald has approved Marla being on DWTS.  Good way to keep his name out there.

• Love 3

Am still taping The View and, while I often fast forward through stuff or turn off early depending on guests and segments, am OK with this season. This week, with Joy moderating, was especially enjoyable.

Haven't posted in a while, but enjoy reading your comments! I am in the minority, but I enjoyed Pregnant Sara. Knew nothing of her before seeing her here, but I thought she often had good comments and seemed genuine and like able - the antithesis of Bitsy (hope Hasselbeck focuses on her food bars and stays off TV for good. Ugh!) also enjoy Michelle's quirky humor even though she does derail conversations at times.

CCB is very one note (actually 3 notes: rabid Christianity, pimping her other show, and family values but only if you believe exactly along with her) and is tiring and repetitive. Both she and Raven are not good thinkers or debaters which I attribute to superficial studio school teaching for child actors. Raven seems to have the mentality of a teen rather than a 30 year old and doesn't bring a lot to the table.

I agree with the general consensus about Whoopi. She doesn't want to be there and isn't a great moderator.

I never want to see that Jedidiah chick again - horrible! Paula is OK. I wish they would use some of the " contributors" they announced at the start of the season like Padma, with the exception of Sherri...would prefer to not see her at the table ever again. Wonder why that whole contributor concept was squashed?

I am VERY curious to see what the show will look like next season.

• Love 9

Either way, it can't be easy being 52 in Hollywood years & having to worry about finances. I think she's nice & pretty, but the fact that she told a friend that Donald was "the best sex she'd ever had" was just feeding his ever-hungry ego. I think people do DWTS (& I'm a big fan) to up their Q rating & there's no shame in that. It's hard work & the money gets better the further you go on the show. I feel sorry for her & hope she does well & can earn a few bucks to provide her with some security & self-esteem. Just sayin'.

I'm not sure when Marla married that blowhard and when they got divorced, but I do remember her having a minor role in the movie Executive Decision, which starred the ever yummy Kurt Russell and Halle Berry. Marla played a flight attendant. If she did any more acting or got any roles, I don't know, because she's never interested me. I am indifferent to her.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1

Donald has dated many, many women and you never hear a negative word from any of them and we know it's not because he is such a nice guy.  I don't think it is all about the money/payoff.  I suspect a lot of it is fear.  We've seen how he goes after people on Twitter.  Imagine what his attorneys do behind the scenes.  I have read a couple of comments made  by Ivanna that he closed down with one tweet.  And of course he shut her down during the divorce when she accused him of raping her and she retracted the accusation. 

Lionel Richie paid his ex-wife not to be on the RHOBH, so I would imagine that Donald has approved Marla being on DWTS.  Good way to keep his name out there.

Bingo!  I think fear is a major factor in why his exes, his kids, etc. never speak poorly about him.  Well, that and common sense. 

Am still taping The View and, while I often fast forward through stuff or turn off early depending on guests and segments, am OK with this season. This week, with Joy moderating, was especially enjoyable.

Haven't posted in a while, but enjoy reading your comments! I am in the minority, but I enjoyed Pregnant Sara. Knew nothing of her before seeing her here, but I thought she often had good comments and seemed genuine and like able - the antithesis of Bitsy (hope Hasselbeck focuses on her food bars and stays off TV for good. Ugh!) also enjoy Michelle's quirky humor even though she does derail conversations at times.

CCB is very one note (actually 3 notes: rabid Christianity, pimping her other show, and family values but only if you believe exactly along with her) and is tiring and repetitive. Both she and Raven are not good thinkers or debaters which I attribute to superficial studio school teaching for child actors. Raven seems to have the mentality of a teen rather than a 30 year old and doesn't bring a lot to the table.

I agree with the general consensus about Whoopi. She doesn't want to be there and isn't a great moderator.

I never want to see that Jedidiah chick again - horrible! Paula is OK. I wish they would use some of the " contributors" they announced at the start of the season like Padma, with the exception of Sherri...would prefer to not see her at the table ever again. Wonder why that whole contributor concept was squashed?

I am VERY curious to see what the show will look like next season.

This show seems to have a habit of starting stuff at the beginning of a season and then dropping it midway.   The only exception was of course The Year of Barbara by Barbara Walters but I think that they didn't start that up until January??? I don't remember but it FELT like the entire season, LOL.   So whatever next season starts out as, we can be sure it won't end the same way.  

• Love 4

Bingo!  I think fear is a major factor in why his exes, his kids, etc. never speak poorly about him.  Well, that and common sense. 

This show seems to have a habit of starting stuff at the beginning of a season and then dropping it midway.   The only exception was of course The Year of Barbara by Barbara Walters but I think that they didn't start that up until January??? I don't remember but it FELT like the entire season, LOL.   So whatever next season starts out as, we can be sure it won't end the same way.  

Yes!   I just had a flashback to the last election cycle and the "Red White and The View" promotion.   Thank goodness they didn't try to bring THAT back!

I didn't want to mute Jedidiah... what the heck is going on with this week?

The producers want a strong right wing voice. I think she did pretty well with many of her (outrageous) points.  I suspect she's a done deal for Season Twenty unless Roger Ailes counteroffers.

• Love 2

Paula and Candace aren't strong enough?

I don't think Candace can do it in an election year - politics seem like a foreign language to her.   Paula is okay at repeating things clearly and not getting pissy about it - so I don't mind her so much, not even her smirking. I like her - even if I find her politics sketchy. 

Jedidiah (sp?) was named one of 20 up and coming cable news personalities last year.   I think she's pretty popular with the media.   I just wish Joy would let Jed know she's not the only Italian at the table. I cringe everytime she explains something with 'What? I'm Italian!" [complete with big hand gestures]  because she clearly doesn't realize that Joy is Italian too - they aren't all loud and crazy.  Heh.  

This was such a nice week for me with Whoopi gone - everyone at the table seemed more relaxed.  I noticed Paula even kicked off her shoes under the table for the last segment on Friday - which I kind of liked.   

On a shallow note, I don't remember Joy ever looking better than she has this past week and I don't think it's just because she was in the moderator chair.   I would kill for her hair.  And I floved Marla Maples' shoes.

• Love 3

Jedidiah showed how clueless? Ignorant? She was when she said that Hillary wasn't a good debater-when that is one of Hillary's strengths. That is something she is very good at and I've heard everyone say this about her. Well, except for Jedidiah, that is. And instead of being able to come up with an answer when challenged, she just shakes her head and says "I don't agree with that."

If I never see her again, it will be too soon.

• Love 7

I don't think it's for the money.  I think it's for exposure.  Now that her daughter is older, and she has this opportunity, I'm sure she'd like to get back in the spotlight.  And there's no reason why she shouldn't.  DWTS can get her some attention from the public, and they will see her and get to know her as more than just Donald Trump's ex-wife.   It's also supposedly a great/interesting experience, so that may be part of it too.   Good for her!

• Love 2