Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

I wonder if K&J told Amy or Kyndall to come back next year?

More importantly, who will be rooting for #TeamAmy and Kyndall if they audition again in 2017?

• Love 2

Yeah, I think think the Yuko thing stems from something beyond any "Dallas dance scene" connections - like way higher up the food chain.    So far we have possibile family connections in the medical field, Japanese football and NC ;).

• Love 2

It is interesting how TXStar35 made the comments about not liking how the team looks and that there are a few unfortunate girls that do not have the DCC look or style.  Whenever there is chatter here about K's daughter trying out someday, I have always thought to myself, the team would need to start accepting different styles & looks into the team.  Maybe, even subconsciously, this is a start to shape the team so K's daughter could fit in.  I am not saying this to be mean at all, but the last few seasons it does seem that there are sub standard girls making the team.

I believe Morgan had an inside track too because she was terrible and when the team was announced she went up to Kelly and hugged and thanked her.  Just a rare moment as not many rookies do that.  

Also, (just getting a few things off my chest), I can't stand the way they talk to the cheerleaders. Once during the team photo, Kelly told a cheerleader to move her chin down....(Kelly said we are not shooting school pics or something like that).  She could have told her to move her chin down...it will make you look more beautiful.  I feel like feedback is vague and demoralizing.  These women are beautiful and should be built up.  Kelsy Bond was always polite but I always thought she looked at K&J sometimes wondering why K&J speaks that way to the cheerleaders.  It's like all the time.  Once Charlotte came onto the field suddenly,  and Kelly actually said a positive note about the team, instead of shouting out negative feedback to the squad.  And the episode where they put on a show in Mexico, Kelly spent the whole time shouting behind the scenes. You wouldn't see Jackie O screaming like that.  

Anyway, I can't wait to see the footage.  I have really enjoyed reading everyone's opinion and the only reason I haven't written much is that I can never remember my password!  I can't wait to see Madeleine's new look!

• Love 3

The whole situation Yuko situation is just wrong.  I'm sorry, but the little bits we've managed to see of her performing?  Not impressed. As Judy would say, 'noodley"... and one of the moves she did at finals looked like spirit fingers lol. I saw that and flashed back to the bad choreographer in Bring It On. 

Lousy, lousy business decision IMO and I bet made strictly for the drama, because there is no way a girl with visa issues who requires a translator is going to be worth the investment over any of the others. Just asking for headaches.

I had so much more respect for you than this Kelli, and I really don't get your reasoning. I hope this season's show changes my mind.

• Love 4

I literally lol'd at people trying to find a negative side in amys post. Reaching a bit! I guess it's human nature to see what you want to see. I can't wait to watch this season and really see how everyone did. 

• Love 9

It wouldn't be the first time something changed because of Judy, Kelly, Charlotte and/or their connections.  The skinny, boyish look started with Cassie, but I don't think they'd change the DCC look THAT much, just so Samantha would fit in better, should she even choose to audition (which she certainly hasn't been clear on).  I know kids that age are certainly changing their minds about a lot of things, but there are things that you've got to do now or never.  Right now, I think Sam's fallen into the never category, but that might change as well, especially since she saw (and probably heard a lot more about) what Cassie went through when she was a DCC then we ever did.

There will always be girls we wonder why they made the squad and those we wonder why they DIDN'T make the squad, but the identities of those girls will always be up for debate.  As we've seen on this board, there are very few, if any, girls that have universal appeal and very few who've gotten universal dislike and the rest are all over the place in terms of appeal for different people.  That's why the team has a baseline (auditions) that you've got to meet to just get your foot in the door and then the standards (Training Camp) you've got to meet just to get on the team.  That baseline and those standards have never been fully, if at all, shared with the rest of the world and very few, if any, of us have the experience of Judy, Kelly, Kitty Carter, or anyone else who have input into the team.  We just have opinions.

Stepping down and bowing out for a while so I can go back to lurking.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

Ok- I'll give us some topics:

who will Judy yell at all season?

What if she needs to yell at Yuko?  

I watched a Japanese series on Netflix called Atelier.  It was quite good even with subtitles.  But it sure takes a lot of words in japanese to equal just a couple in english.  This will definitely be a "compelling" (to use DCC wording) year for MTT.

Hit your lines!

あなたのラインをヒット

Anata no rain o hitto 

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3

I dont have a dog in the Yuko fight but she had a translator to help understand the choreo and instructions. They get different instructions every night, so....

To help overcome the language barrier, Yuko will have an interpreter who can translate the instructions/choreography that Yuko and the other DCC hopefuls will learn during DCC Training Camp.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, pink317 said:

I dont have a dog in the Yuko fight but she had a translator to help understand the choreo and instructions. They get different instructions every night, so....

To help overcome the language barrier, Yuko will have an interpreter who can translate the instructions/choreography that Yuko and the other DCC hopefuls will learn during DCC Training Camp.

Good to know, maybe I'm wrong. What's your source for this again?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Thanks for clearing that up! It sounds like she's from a prominent family so maybe she pays the translator on her dime?? Im interested to get to know her better.. And I will totally call her "Yuko OhNo!" if she's not a great asset and its a disaster. 

Edited by grapevine
punctuation
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

I'd like to think they finally learned their lesson about taking girls who just couldn't get it, but we'll have to wait and see what happened. We're only speculating at this point based on some audition videos. We have no idea how many, if any, of them had trouble learning or retaining the routines. 

I'd like to think so too. Really interested to see how it all plays out.

Amy's IG post really came across to me as "I've really given this my all and I finally realize this is just one dream I can't reach" which leads me to think we may not see her come back again. Of course I could be reading into it or it could just be a "I just got cut I'm never going through this again" in the moment post and she'll change her mind. 

If she does come back I hope she makes it all the way. If she doesn't I definitely wish her well. I'm sad for her that she couldn't make her dream come true. I figured her short legs would doom her but when I saw a pick of her kicks I really thought she had a good shot.

Has the Kyndall cut been confirmed? Please forgive me if it has I just read through 9 pages so I might have missed just a bit. I'm sad for her as well as I was really rooting for her after how far she got last year and her attitude about being cut. However, her last night last year made me think her issue (just being a bit off because of the gliding thing) would not be an easy fix. So if that was the issue again I can't say I'm totally surprised. If it's the Megan/Melissa issue.... well if that is exactly as it played out a cut like that wouldn't totally surprise me either.

Super excited for Kelsey finally getting to live her dream. Based on TxStar's posts I'm worried she'll end up a one and done girl which will make me sad because I really love. But at least for now I'll enjoy as much as I get to see of her on the show.

Also beyond thrilled for Madeline and Selina for being cut, making it back AND making the team. They both seem like sweet girls.

I also don't have a dog in the Yuko fight. I do hope we get to see a bit of this translator. I'm interested to see how the DCC make that work all year long.

Now that it's all over I want the premiere NOW CMT. I know you don't want to compete against the Olympics but I really wish we didn't have to wait so long for the show to start.

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, MyFavShows said:
4 hours ago, Sandiedog said:
4 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

The above is one of the reasons Amy is my favorite, I'm devastated she didn't make it. Amy is a class act. Anyone want to buy my DC season tickets?jk

Btw, has Kyndall posted anything? 

If I lived in the Big D (or any place even near it)I'd go to the games to see our beloved DCC.  I got to fly in for 2 games last season where I thoroughly enjoyed watching these talented women.

Watching Cowboys football is an act of self abuse.  Jerrah "Pervis" Jones SUCKS!  His massive ego means that he'll never quit as the teams GM, thereby ensuring another season of mediocrity. Now that I think about it, I'd HATE buying anything that puts $$$ into Jerrah's wallet (incl season football tickets).

Keep your season tickets SANDIEDOG....watch, enjoy & support our beautiful DCC!  

• Love 2
(edited)

My speculation is that since the Cowboys aren't that good, if I would ever fly to Texas to see the DCC perform, I'd at least be able to get tickets easily and cheaply.  Is this true?  Or are tickets in high demand even when the team isn't doing well there in big D?

Edited by MyFavShows
3 hours ago, Dancemajor said:

Emily is absolutely stunning to look at. Her dancing needs a little work but I could see her as am asset to the team. 

I love her smile! I wonder what she will do since she got cut? (She was a Mavs dancer for the past 2 years and seemed to really love it) She can't join them now since they've already had final cuts, can she?

Regarding diversity & the DCC, I agree with posters on various sides of the coin. I think the team should be as diverse as possible to reflect their claim of being "America's Sweethearts" for "America's Team," and there definitely are some years the team is more diverse than others, depending on retirees and rookies.  I've always been surprised at how few Latinas have been on the team since I've started watching (S3), given their location in TX: the Trevino sisters, the Torres sisters, Lacey, Mia, Malia Morales, Selina, and maybe Jessica Allison. I may be missing a few, but the point is that's not a lot.

Posters who say that the NFL cheerleading world only wants X number of black, Latina, and Asian girls etc probably are right in many instances (Miami Dolphins cheerleaders seem like an obvious and valuable--and beautiful--distinction), as this kind of "quota logic" prevails in many ways still in our society.  More than thinking there are rigid quotas, though, I think that many people (directors, fans, owners) like it when "ethnic" ladies don't look "too ethnic."  I don't see this as a hard and fast rule, but I do believe our society has cultivated certain beauty standards and tastes that favor whiteness.  I think it was very interesting, and rather suggestive of this, that Jacie went natural with her hair shortly *after retiring, not while she was a DCC.  I think Khalyn, Cersten, and Selina are beautiful young ladies, but they do fit aspects of the DCC aesthetic mold. That said, Khalyn, like Jacie, appears to be darker skinned than many of the women of color who make the team, and with this new squad, just over 20% of the team consists of of ladies of color, which is not something I'd sneeze at. 

As many discussions here reflect, to have the dance training and resources to prepare, audition for, and make this (and other) professional dance team takes money that not everyone has.  I believe that is a serious factor influencing the diversity of of TCCs and the DCC, in terms of the racial, ethnic, and class makeup of the team.  All THAT said, I've been impressed, when looking at squad photos over the years, that there pretty much have always been black women on the team, going back to the 1960s and 1970s. I mean, we're talking the Deep South, in what was practically, if not legally, still the Jim Crow era.  So I do give the team props for having a history of moderate diversity.  And some of those ladies back in the day did sport some impressive Afros! 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

My speculation is that since the Cowboys aren't that good, if I would ever fly to Texas to see the DCC perform, I'd at least be able to get tickets easily and cheaply.  Is this true?  Or are tickets in high demand even when the team isn't doing well there in big D?

The Cowboys have one of the best resale profit margins in the entire NFL. I travel a lot for games, and even lower level Patriots tickets are cheaper than nosebleeds at AT&T stadium. Even parking there is $100! Nuts. But the stadium is amazing and truly such a great experience!

I am thinking from what I read on here & a bit of what I know-- this squad may have the most problems looking like a team. I mean in fluidity & how they perform together as a united team. I'm not talking about hair or skin color or even body type-  style issues battling against each other. maybe because there are so many rookies & some don't really fit? You've seen it with other dance teams I'm sure. It looks less professional and just odd- the team is off. --hoping I'm wrong!!!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

The Cowboys have one of the best resale profit margins in the entire NFL. I travel a lot for games, and even lower level Patriots tickets are cheaper than nosebleeds at AT&T stadium. Even parking there is $100! Nuts. But the stadium is amazing and truly such a great experience!

The stadium is actually a bit of a joke around Dallas. The acoustics SUCK, and the stadium hosts more concerts each year than NFL games.

the prices in the stadium are ridic. You're easily in for about $350 for food and drinks at a typical NFL game. That's on top of the tickets and parking mentioned above.

you can get great seats or suite access for concerts, college football, entertainment evens etc.  but often the concert is a disappointment because of acoustics and people are stuck with an expensive outing for poor return.

artists like Carrie Underwood are playing smaller (but still huge) venues to stay out of ATT stadium

2 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

The stadium is actually a bit of a joke around Dallas. The acoustics SUCK, and the stadium hosts more concerts each year than NFL games.

the prices in the stadium are ridic. You're easily in for about $350 for food and drinks at a typical NFL game. That's on top of the tickets and parking mentioned above.

you can get great seats or suite access for concerts, college football, entertainment evens etc.  but often the concert is a disappointment because of acoustics and people are stuck with an expensive outing for poor return.

artists like Carrie Underwood are playing smaller (but still huge) venues to stay out of ATT stadium

But those cowboyritas are worth it! Seriously only thing I buy there.

• Love 3

Cowboyritas? Love it!  Maybe I'll whip up my own version for MTT bingo rounds. Feel free to share recipes with me.  I've never made a margarita, let alone a Cowboyrita!

But seriously, I can't imagine what it costs to take a family of 4 to a game there...

Wow that's even worse that MetLife Stadium in NJ.  $100 to park?  $350 for food?  For how many people?

1 hour ago, GingerJ said:

(edited)
42 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

No matter how well the team does, it costs a pretty penny to go. Between almost $100 for parking alone, overpriced concessions, not to mention the ticket prices. Think they cheapest Ive ever seen even for nosebleed seats was about $80 for one person.  Heck my husband works with people who have lived in the Dallas area all their lives and have never gone to a game because it costs so much. 

Edited by jadecorleone
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

As many discussions here reflect, to have the dance training and resources to prepare, audition for, and make this (and other) professional dance team takes money that not everyone has.  I believe that is a serious factor influencing the diversity of of TCCs and the DCC, in terms of the racial, ethnic, and class makeup of the team.  All THAT said, I've been impressed, when looking at squad photos over the years, that there pretty much have always been black women on the team, going back to the 1960s and 1970s. I mean, we're talking the Deep South, in what was practically, if not legally, still the Jim Crow era.  So I do give the team props for having a history of moderate diversity.  And some of those ladies back in the day did sport some impressive Afros! 

I miss those Afros from the 70's!  Like you said I don't think the DCC org are intentionally and consciously racist, but the definitely have an aesthetic.  I would have loved to see Jacie wear her hair natural when she was on the team roster.  I wish she would have stayed one more year so she could be the tip of the pyramid.  I was hoping it would be her!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

Ok- I'll give us some topics:

who are the next 1 year wonders?

who is still a mess & not hitting lines?

who will Judy yell at all season?

who will be on weight warning?

who will have unfavorable photos on social media?

GO! may the predictions begin!!

1) Cersten - If what TxStar is correct about her attitude, Maybe Tasha

2) Selina

3) Selina

4) More than I can count.

5) I think these girls know better by now.  We haven't seen a photo scandal for a while...

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

1) Cersten - If what TxStar is correct about her attitude, Maybe Tasha

Oh, I missed this. What was said?

Not as much a weight warning per say, but I do wonder what they think about Allie's body shape. Based on her audition picture (just going on that, so I may be way off base), she doesn't seem to have much of a waist line compared to all the other women. I wonder if she gets critiqued about that at all.

1 hour ago, morningglory said:

Apparently, Cersten was a little rude to the Belk staff at the fashion show.  And has an air about her that she knows how good she is.  I think she'll do one year and move on to something else.  She is an amazing dancer regardless of her attitude.  

23 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

Apparently, Cersten was a little rude to the Belk staff at the fashion show.  And has an air about her that she knows how good she is.  I think she'll do one year and move on to something else.  She is an amazing dancer regardless of her attitude.  

Wasn't she also allegedly rude to the staff at the salon as well?

I went on a stadium tour this past February, during my dream trip to Dallas, and first time in my life, to Texas. That place is phenomenal! That jumbo screen....good grief, that thing is huge! Something like 4000 tv's throughout.....( i could be very wrong on the exact number, was too excited to listen much) The tourmaline tiles ( tourmaline is a type of gemstone which reflects Cowboys blue when light hits it) were $35.00 a piece..... And there's quite a few in that flooring. I couldn't afford to go to a game, wanted to but....$$$. Got to see them run motocross, on the field....so to speak.

seeing the stadium...awesome

meeting Phil....even better

Cheerleaders locker room ........ I nearly cried! Couldn't believe I was in there! 

Off topic....sorry

Just out of curiosity..... How did everyone do....guessing who would make the team, based on audition videos.

I had 3 of my 'yes' candidates make the team, and 7 of my 'maybe's'

• Love 6

I feel like Madeleine will be a one year wonder. Even though she made show group, it's still hard to imagine her making such an immense transformation so easily and quickly.

1 hour ago, morningglory said:

Not as much a weight warning per say, but I do wonder what they think about Allie's body shape. Based on her audition picture (just going on that, so I may be way off base), she doesn't seem to have much of a waist line compared to all the other women. I wonder if she gets critiqued about that at all.

Allie is friends with/has connections to the jones-anderson fam. She might be a "special pet" that gets away with things others don't.

3 hours ago, pink317 said:

I haven't finished reading the last page so forgive me if I repeat..... I know that life is not fair, BUT how is Yuko going to talk to "the President of the United States" (as Kelli once mentioned she couldn't have a RC that couldn't converse with him). I guess I am more upset with this than I should be. I just HATE special treatment. Makes me lose respect for Kelli

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

I haven't finished reading the last page so forgive me if I repeat..... I know that life is not fair, BUT how is Yuko going to talk to "the President of the United States" (as Kelli once mentioned she couldn't have a RC that couldn't converse with him). I guess I am more upset with this than I should be. I just HATE special treatment. Makes me lose respect for Kelli

Yeah, or you know, "the general..of the army," as Judy once said. I mean can you imagine? ;)

We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. Yoshiko Danjo who made the squad in season one spoke pretty broken English. They played up how "cute" and funny her language faux pas were. I'm sure that Kelli has figured out an angle for Yuko too.

(edited)

I said it before, but more and more I suspect it plays a part - the DC may be courting, or have, a huge Japanese sponsor or a company with a Japanese CEO. To have a cheerleader who speaks Japanese and understands the subtleties of culture & customs might bring in more money for the organisation than the rest of the DCC combined.

I doubt they would be willing to televise such a motivation though.

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 4

I don't care how great a dancer Yuko is, if she needs all sorts of special help she shouldn't be there. I have no idea what the Visa situation with her is, so I don't want to judge her on it, but missing camp to go back to Japan? No one else gets that much encouragement from K+J. What about girls who need to lose weight or something. Do they get an extra week to work on it? No. Do people who have full time jobs get to be there a couple of minutes later than others if their work schedule is crazy? No. There is no time off from training camp, that's the way it has always been. And there are plenty of other great dancers out there so if she can't complete all of training camp she shouldn't be there. 

Also, and this may sound mean, I really hate it when someone can't speak the language properly. I don't expect someone to be able to speak perfectly, but I find it really annoying when someone has a hard time saying one sentence without thinking about it or making a ton of mistakes. There are so many shows on TV about people leaving everything behind and moving to a foreign country not being able to speak that language and it always bugs me. If I want a job somewhere in a country with a different language I learn it before moving. 

And I really hope her translator doesn't sit there during practice translating everything for her... That would be akward. Before the show I had no Idea what cankles were, what clunky meant or willowy or any of the dance moves for that matter, but I would have made sure to understand everything I can from watching the show a million times. 

I actually have nothing against Yuko and if I were in her place I wouldn't have left TC or anything. I just don't like how she seems to be getting all this special treatment (in my eyes at least). And personally I wouldn't want all that special treatment so I could be the token girl from country X. So for her sake I hope that's not the case.

i wonder if maybe they kept her to give her some extra time, see if she could keep up or catch up after missing all that time. If they decided to cut her now they would still have a squad of 36 like they probably intended to in the first place. That would be heartbreaking of course, but it wouldn't be the first time someone was let go during the season. 

Oh and I'm really really sad about Amy. She, Emily and Madeline were the three people I was really rooting for this year. I love Amy, she just seems so genuine to me. I never really cared for Kyndall last year... Don't really know why.... I feel sorry for her, but I'm not going to miss her I guess. 

Can't wait to see them all in uniform! 

• Love 2
(edited)

When I first really started watching in season 7 I feel like every rookie that year was stunning and so different : Kelsey, Kali, Danielle, Jacie, Ashley, Alex, Kenzie, Kim, Jenna, Jasmine, Jennifer, Carissa, Emily, even Chelsea. 

Now I feel all these girls are a bit average and all look the same: Allie, Maddie, Milan, Heather H all look the same to me...add in Holly and Raylee and they are even more the same. 

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

When I first really started watching in season 7 I feel like every rookie that year was stunning and so different : Kelsey, Kali, Danielle, Jacie, Ashley, Alex, Kenzie, Kim, Jenna, Jasmine, Jennifer, Carissa, Emily, even Chelsea. 

Now I feel all these girls are a bit average and all look the same: Allie, Maddie, Milan, Heather H all look the same to me...add in Holly and Raylee and they are even more the same. 

Yeah, that really was their best rookie class in a long time. I don't think they've had a class that beautiful and talented since.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Dancemajor said:

1I wonder if K&J ever regret their decisions on MTT? On who they picked or let go and why. Or ever reversed a decision after the fact. 

I think they must have some regrets. They're only human, I think we all have some? 

The only reversal that springs to mind is Danielle in season 8 when they're gonna cut her at finals and then don't? Some people think that was staged for drama, but I personally don't. But I definitely think they considered the backlash they'd get, cos they really fought for other girls *cassie* when she was all over the place at finals cos she was injured in season 7. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yeah, that really was their best rookie class in a long time. I don't think they've had a class that beautiful and talented since.

Agreed! Plus Olivia and Jordan I believe were in that class too! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, morningglory said:

Allie was on weight watch this summer.  I remember being surprised to hear that because when I'd looked thru her IG (before she went private) it was clear she'd lost weight over the past year or so and was also working out a lot with Holly P.  She must have let the stress of camp get to her because I was told she had to lose something like 8 pounds??? they must figure if Courtney Danielle did it anyone can...but obviously she did because in that clip from Michelle Keys' class she looked thin to me.  

I didn't know she had connections to the Jones family.  I'm going to let myself think she made it 100% on her own because I do think she's a pretty girl, great dancer and worked to lose weight.   

3 hours ago, Dancemajor said:

1I wonder if K&J ever regret their decisions on MTT? On who they picked or let go and why. Or ever reversed a decision after the fact. 

I'm sure they have, especially Judy since I don't think she gets to make the FINAL decisions.  I'm sure there were girls she wished they'd kept for their dance ability, etc. 

13 hours ago, Sandiedog said:

Who was Mandy?

Not sure if someone answered this already...Mandy Correa was the girl who flew under the radar until like the last two practices when suddenly they decided she was just too short.  that was a cut that really annoyed me because she was standing in the same place in the line all summer, tried on the uniform, how could you not realize till zero hour? She was SO pretty too and a powerful dancer.  

• Love 5

Allie was one of my favorites so I'm glad she made it. I had no clue she was on weight warning, all I saw in Holly's snapchats were the two of them working out constantly wow.

14 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I'm sure the translator wasn't cheap, so wonder who paid the bill?  CMT?  The Cowboys?

I'm getting a bit of chuckle thinking about the translater having to translate words/phrases like "messy", "it's just really bad", "noodley" and "clunky" for someone that doesn't understand English fully.   Of course, if she watched MTT, I guess she'd know what to expect.

Lmao!  Puppy dog hands!