Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Amy doesn't have as good of a build as the other 3 AAIA girls - she's short and then her legs are short for her frame too.    Other girls didn't grind and twerk on a speaker on stage at a snoop dog concert either.

I'd choose Kelsey and Kelli over her too even if she could dance a little better.   Sorry Amy fans, but I don't think she was right for the squad.  They probably should never have taken her into TC to begin with cause that got her hopes up, but that's the kind of thing that can happen when the audition is a reality show.

I totally agree with this.  Yes, there were other girls at the Snoop concert but she was the only one who was all bent over.  I didn't think anything about Amy was right for DCC regardless of that video anyway.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

Maybe I'm late to the party, I got too drunk on the DCC Bingo I guess. Anyway, I thought I saw Maddie in the show group photo? Isn't she close to the middle? 

I'm glad you said that, I thought I was alone in thinking that was her!

1 hour ago, Sandiedog said:

Maybe I'm late to the party, I got too drunk on the DCC Bingo I guess. Anyway, I thought I saw Maddie in the show group photo? Isn't she close to the middle? 

Are you talking about the pic posted of the SG members going to Oxnard? She's not in that picture.

(edited)
1 minute ago, Oranaiche said:

Are you talking about the pic posted of the SG members going to Oxnard? She's not in that picture.

On the show group picture (track suits), who's 5th from the left?  I thought that was Madeline.

Edited by ByTor
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

On the show group picture (track suits), who's 5th from the left?  I thought that was Madeline.

Fifth from the left is Jessica.

From left to right: Kelli, Robin, Lacey, Mandy, Jessica, Erica, Jinelle, Amy T, Jennifer, Jenna, Melissa, and Holly.

Cassie posted a video of her kids playing during this morning's pre-camp practice. Looks like the triangle is Jenna-Jennifer-Melissa. I can't grab the video as I'm on mobile.

5 minutes ago, Josreason said:

Long time follower first time poster here! 

Arkansas news affiliates reporting former razorback cheerleader Allie D. has made DCC.  I don't remember y'all mentioning an Allie as a TCC. 

Yep she's been mentioned:) she's friends with holly and she kinda was seen as a shoo in and we didn't know a lot about her so she hasn't been talked a lot about 

Just watched the Dallas Cowboy snapchat, and the girls cheer on either side of a red carpet as the players get off the plane..that's why they're wearing boots with the tracksuit! They're wearing the full uniform (boots included) underneath since they have to immediately get off the plane and be in uniform to cheer. A lot easier to just take the pants and jacket off :)

• Love 3
(edited)

I've watched since season one and I am rewatching on CMT every morning.  They started MTT:9 today! Makes me see how far Amy Simone has come! Sad she got cut! 

Also I didn't realize Emily and Haley (Vegas twins) from the bachelor were DCC semi finalists in 8 and 9 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1

Naturally it has always bemused me that practice is such a serious thing, but Cassie's kids can run around and its ok. The boy almost got taken out by show group last year. I would hate to be the girl who tripped over one of them.

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Yep she's been mentioned:) she's friends with holly and she kinda was seen as a shoo in and we didn't know a lot about her so she hasn't been talked a lot about 

Thanks!  I was surprised it was featured on the news.  I mean AR has had other DCC.  Ashley Pro is from Russellville, AR and I don't remember them featuring her on the news stations.  I'm happy for Allie, though. 

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Josreason said:

Long time follower first time poster here! 

Arkansas news affiliates reporting former razorback cheerleader Allie D. has made DCC.  I don't remember y'all mentioning an Allie as a TCC. 

According to her FB shes actually from Kansas- Olathe area. Meaning she's not from arkansas, just went to school there while cheering for razorbacks.

Edited by grapevine
8 minutes ago, grapevine said:

According to her FB shes actually from Kansas- Olathe area. Meaning she's not from arkansas, just went to school there while cheering for razorbacks.

True.  Which is why I'm thinking it's strange. Especially since it's hush hush for several others

9 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Is it Erica dancing directly behind Jenn?

I think so...all I can say is they must have needed a blonde in the front three because otherwise, it SHOULD be Erica.  Melissa is hands down one of the best dancers but Erica is by far the most photogenic and also a good dancer.  I have not yet seen a bad picture of Erica or one where she looks heavy. 

• Love 2

Here is the official list of the team and their Instagram handles! I follow them all but they may be private (I followed a lot when they were open before TC!)

VETS 

1. Kashara @Kashgarrett

2. Jennifer K @Jennamburn

3. Jenna @Jennalenejackson

4. Melissa @Melisss82

5. Lacey @Laceyannalea

6. Jinelle @Jinelle_esther

7. Amy T @Amytrader

8. Amy L @Amy_nicole_l

9. Simone @Simonecollett

10. Claire (private Instagram)

11. Jaclyn (Jax) @Jaxxxiiee

12. Elizabeth (Bess) @Bessann

13. Holly P @Hollymariepowell

14. Stephanie @Stephlarson99

15. Chantel @Chanteljones

16. Raylee @Rayleefaythe

17. Danielle @Danielle.marie12

18. Robin @Robindaniellee

19. Erica @Ericawilkins10

20. Megan @Meg_carcioppolo

21. Jessica @Jessicamarie127

ROOKIES

22. Khalyn Cole @khalyn_larke (private)

23. Heather O'Conner @heathoconn

24. Jessika Palmer  @jessikapalmer

25. Madeline Massingill @madeline_massingill

26. Kelsey Lowrance @kelsey_lowr

27. Heather Hamilton @hhamilton2

28. Milan Brahney @milanbrahney

29. Yuko  @yk_kwt

30. Tess Guidry @misstessguidry

31. Selina Flores @selina_elaine

32. Maggie Rouse @maggiegrouse 

33. Cersten Bradley @pertycerti 

34. Allie Droste @allie_droste

35. Kelli Quinn @tinydancerkqs

36. Tasha Cruz @tasha.smedley.cruz

37. Mandy Voecks @mandy_voecks (private)

• Love 6
2 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I totally agree with this.  Yes, there were other girls at the Snoop concert but she was the only one who was all bent over.  I didn't think anything about Amy was right for DCC regardless of that video anyway.

Wasn't Amy the one that 'put her engagement on hold'? Is that engagement still on? Didn't see any posts in the past several months with him..

• Love 1
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Amy doesn't have as good of a build as the other 3 AAIA girls - she's short and then her legs are short for her frame too.    Other girls didn't grind and twerk on a speaker on stage at a snoop dog concert either.

I'd choose Kelsey and Kelli over her too even if she could dance a little better.   Sorry Amy fans, but I don't think she was right for the squad.  They probably should never have taken her into TC to begin with cause that got her hopes up, but that's the kind of thing that can happen when the audition is a reality show.

I kind of wish folks would stop bringing up that Snoop Dog event as a reason for cutting Amy. I didn't care for it either, but I think that if that was going to keep Amy from making the squad they never would have brought her to training camp in the first place. I think she's cute as a button and I'm waiting to watch the show to see what really happened with her. Although you have to admit that there have  been plenty of times throughout the seasons where Kelli or Judy says "she makes so many mistakes!" about someone and then when the camera is on the girl she's not visibly making a mistake. Sometimes they do, but not always. It makes me suspicious of the editing. It feels more like they want the viewers to think someone is bad to justify getting rid of them even if we haven't seen it . And then, of course, there are all the times when they call someone out over and over again but put them on the team anyway. But we're not there so we don't really know. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

How is it that Kelli tried out for YEARS and never even made finals, but then this year, she not only makes finals, but makes show group!  If I were Kelli and Judy, I'd start to question my audition process if it allows someone that good to slip through the cracks for several years in a row!

Kelli made it to finals. She was in the fan vote twice but  just never made it to TC until this year.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, radishcake said:

Watch it guys with the snarking each other back and forth. Do not do it. 

I soooooo jumped on a hater then deleted before posting. Thanks for the reminder!!

1 hour ago, SSAHotchner said:

I kind of wish folks would stop bringing up that Snoop Dog event as a reason for cutting Amy. I didn't care for it either, but I think that if that was going to keep Amy from making the squad they never would have brought her to training camp in the first place. I think she's cute as a button and I'm waiting to watch the show to see what really happened with her. Although you have to admit that there have  been plenty of times throughout the seasons where Kelli or Judy says "she makes so many mistakes!" about someone and then when the camera is on the girl she's not visibly making a mistake. Sometimes they do, but not always. It makes me suspicious of the editing. It feels more like they want the viewers to think someone is bad to justify getting rid of them even if we haven't seen it . And then, of course, there are all the times when they call someone out over and over again but put them on the team anyway. But we're not there so we don't really know. 

Omg!! I couldn't have said it better myself. Editing is so key. They really do try to justify themselves with backwords insulting comments even though the TCC is doing exactly what they told them to do perfectly. Just so editing can make them stupid. Or just show the few mistakes they do make on camera  so people can say "oh she sucks". But in reality all the strong points are carefully concealed. Or have them do a dance 20xs with no breaks and say you have no stamina just for the cameras. Yet the TCC can run 30 miles straight. It's such a joke lol. But I know it happens with them all the time. They know what to do to cover their tracks with editing. It's strange to cut a girl like Taylor last season for short kicks but keep Maddie this season who also has short kicks. They are both good for the team but you give one a chance and never expose her weakness. And then exploit the other ones weakness to no end.  What a mess. I try to understand. But sometimes their ethics make it hard. 

• Love 4

i will slowly and surely start to post again...

editing is ridiculous. keep in mind how little CMT has been at camp this summer. hardly ever. these girls are so nervous that theyre practically shaking in their boots (literally and figuratively) and to the point of exhaustion. some are hardly eating because theyre on weight watch and they go over and over and OVER dances. eventually your brain feels like mush. Something that may seem simple could be rather difficult under certain circumstances. please keep this in mind  when watching the show. and even the most amazing dancer can have an off day.

like every year, i have my reservations on certain girls, but i also see why girls like Morgan, Kat, Ashley Pro and other "one hit wonders" have become DCC. hopefully I'll get a closer look at Meet The Team.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

editing is ridiculous. keep in mind how little CMT has been at camp this summer. hardly ever. these girls are so nervous that theyre practically shaking in their boots (literally and figuratively) and to the point of exhaustion. some are hardly eating because theyre on weight watch and they go over and over and OVER dances. eventually your brain feels like mush. Something that may seem simple could be rather difficult under certain circumstances. please keep this in mind  when watching the show. and even the most amazing dancer can have an off day.

like every year, i have my reservations on certain girls, but i also see why girls like Morgan, Kat, Ashley Pro and other "one hit wonders" have become DCC. hopefully I'll get a closer look at Meet The Team.

I'm so glad others understand what happens with editing and camera shock. These poor girls muscles are sore and they practice all day. They go to TC all night and are mentally and physically drained. Then they  spruce up for the cameras and wham asked a million questions for MTT. You have to be on your toes for that. Because heaven forbid you say the wrong thing the world will hate you lol. Ugh!! And if you miss a 8 count and kill the rest of the dance all they will show is the mess up. I'm so happy some of you can acknowledge that and understand that. I feel so many rely on the show for the truth and its not always what you get. Kelli comes off so cold sometimes to certain TCCs. That always bothered me. But I suppose its okay. She's the millionaire and I'm not. Lol

• Love 6

I think most, if not all, of us here understand that there is editing that goes into the show that can twist certain situations. It has been discussed time and time again in relation to certain events, i.e. Amy Caroline's cut several seasons back where people felt they had edited her to make her seem robotic. That's just one of many examples. I just personally do not buy into the idea that K&J would cut a candidate that they think would be right for the team just for drama. Of course it's a reality tv show, but the drama will be there regardless. In my opinion I think they probably were plenty justified in cutting Amy Simone. I'm sure she has lots of wonderful qualities, but just fell short this year compared to the rest of the pool of talent. K&J are invested in making the best team possible, but reality is that when it comes to making the best team, which girls should be on it is a matter of opinion. Their opinions just happen to be the ones that count.

On the subject of Madeline, I really don't think we have seen quite enough evidence to decide if her kicks are really that bad. The comparison of her and Taylor doesn't seem fair because this season hasn't even aired yet. There is a good possibility that Madeline was talked to about her kicks, but ultimately had a good enough performance to secure her spot. That doesn't necessarily mean she was given an opportunity that Taylor wasn't. From what I've seen I don't think hers are anywhere near as bad as Taylor's were, but time will tell.

Anyway, of course we are all entitled to our opinions. I guess maybe I am naive in thinking that K&J aren't exploiting these girls to the degree that some seem to think, but in years of watching this show and viewing social media from the girls, they sure do seem to respect K&J a lot, and vice versa K&J seem to care about them.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Josreason said:

I've watched since season one and I am rewatching on CMT every morning.  They started MTT:9 today! Makes me see how far Amy Simone has come! Sad she got cut! 

Also I didn't realize Emily and Haley (Vegas twins) from the bachelor were DCC semi finalists in 8 and 9 

Crazy how far Amy Simone has come. That's why she's my fav. Every season there was major improvement. And such a sweet inspiring young woman. She has the courage, looks, and dedication to make a great addition to any team. She takes so much abuse from the negative Nelly's and she still manages to smile and be humble and gracious. I applaud her for all she's done to get this far. She's made a little name for herself. So I hope somebody somewhere sees what so many of us see in her and she has her day. She really does deserve that. 

• Love 4

i think the first two of the four times Kelli was cut off at the right places. first time-semis and she just looked young. second time, finals-kind of blended i believe with all of the other technical blondes. third time though...i must say I was shocked she didn't make training camp. last year she reauditioned for mavs and was held in her contract therefore, couldn't do DCC.

this year she just simply kicked ass. *drops mic*

• Love 9

I thought it took that Kelli girl a lot more than 4 times trying out to make the team?  I thought someone recently said they saw her in auditions the year Mia made the team?

There was footage in season 10 of Madeline's kicks being low.  They were clearly bad in the footage shown - definitely similar level of bad as others cut or heavily criticized for bad kicks.  Judy called her out for it, and then had comments shown how she was surprised at how Madeline could have spent her life in a dance studio and still have kicks so bad.   Either she improved them this season or they are choosing to ignore this cause of her dancing.  I guess we'll see soon.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

even Kitty has said that you see about 10-20% of what really goes on in camp on TV. Hell, even K+J arent there sometimes. just think about that a little bit.

OMG!!! Bravo!!! I didn't know Kitty said that hahaha!! That's funny! Because it's so true!!! People can be naive with these things that's for sure. Especially "reality" TV. I wish I could give your post a million likes lol!! 

58 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Yay!!! I was wondering what happened to you. I thought you had been unmasked, kidnapped by K & J, and held captive at Kitty's Dance Factory where Kitty kept yelling, "Fang Face! Do across the floor again! Toxic! I watch Holly Powell's every single movement! . 

is there anything you can share about why Kyndall was cut? Did the Melissa thing have anything to do with that? Is Yuko really on the team or is it a squad of 36 plus Yuko? I ask because I don't see her being able to speak or interact with fans at appearances, teach at kiddie cheer camp and still has visa issues so I just can't wrap my head around her being a full member of the team. 

Lastly, I'm becoming a fan of Kelli Quinn. Can you give us any background info on her? 

Thanks for any info you can share.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

I thought it took that Kelli girl a lot more than 4 times trying out to make the team?  I thought someone recently said they saw her in auditions the year Mia made the team?

There was footage in season 10 of Madeline's kicks being low.  They were clearly bad in the footage shown - definitely similar level of bad as others cut or heavily criticized for bad kicks.  Judy called her out for it, and then had comments shown how she was surprised at how Madeline could have spent her life in a dance studio and still have kicks so bad.   Either she improved them this season or they are choosing to ignore this cause of her dancing.  I guess we'll see soon.

Yes I agree with you. I'm sure they won't show Maddie's kicks because she is a show team DCC. They want her to look good. She's a beautiful girl and a great dancer but low kicks are still what she brings to the table. Your probably right Kelli may have auditioned more. She's been around the dance scene for a long time. Great fit for DCC. I love that Judy's daughter was on the team but she was never a strong dancer. Judy would yell more at a technically trained dancer and let Cassie slide with lots of mess ups.  I could go on and on with how the game is played. Interested how they will play the "characters" out for this season.

• Love 1

Totally agree about editing and how crappy it can be. Plus when the cameras are there it's nearly always seems to be a cut night?? That's why I've never, and will never judge a girl for being whiney or crying or scared on camera in training camp. The cameras showing up must be like a huge black cloud arriving over your picnic lol 

• Love 3

LOL fang face. @TiaGrace i can't say everything, but I will say that Kelli is a studio dancer from the boston area. very well spoken and sweet girl. she's "nasty without being a slut" as kitty would say. Kitty loves her, and i personally have had the pleasure of talking with her one-on-one. 

I will say shes a bit of Jackal and Hyde, but in a good way. sweet and cute and fun when you talk to her, but fierce, sassy and sexy when she dances. definitely a favorite of mine.

• Love 7

I hope they give a reason for her being kept out of training camp - like they did with Kali in season 7. Maybe Kellis "simple judging process" isn't so effective after all lol 

• Love 1
(edited)

I have always liked Jenn K but from recent pictures I have seen of her, including one that Cassie just posted.... She is looking a little hefty. I would not be surprised if they don't make her pointe dancer. 

Edited by Autumnalisse

I could see the yes/no/maybe letting some slip through cracks, but she made it to finals a lot of the times she tried out, right?  That means she would have done an interview, a solo!!!, and choreography and kicks on the field in a small group.   Seems hard to believe that they would miss someone worthy of being a SG rookie during all that - 4+ times!   Her appearance has been mostly the same this whole time too, right? - and then they didn't even change her at all in her makeover, so it doesn't seem like an appearance thing.

• Love 2

That's what I'm thinking? Maybe she's improved lots in the last few years but if she's made show group surely she can't have been out danced? God I'm so looking forward to this season!!!

• Love 1

see that's what is weird....the past few years shes been rumored to have been "not hd friendly" or "too masculine" or "wrong hair color/skin tone". and i agree she hasn't drastically changed. and her dancing has always been stupendous. so, i'm not exactly sure whats what. i will admit i havent been as involved as i would have liked this summer but i'll find out a little more soon enough. :)

• Love 3
(edited)

lol someone noticed hunter, emily, kelli, dejanae, Jamie AND ashley were all at auditions first day. Em said "hey look half of our rookie class is here!" because well, she's a little snarky. kelli being  the PC person she is said "Let's just say i dodged a bullet and there.."

Mallory is somewhat awful lol

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 5