Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, BritFan said:

Agreed! I think it is great too.. It ends a little abruptly but it feels fresh compared to a lot of there other dances.

Holly has a great prominent position there, I'll be so interested to see where she is in the triangle thingy when it is the whole squad.

... Pyramid is it? Triangle just sounds wrong..

Holly does have a great place! Assuming she is in a similar location in the large pyramid, I could see her moving into Erica's position next year

3 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Real talk... What's the underwear situation like? Since they are pretty much underwear what do they do?!

I would assume a type of dance spandex! Not actually like...physical underwear I wouldn't think 

@RazzleberryPie yessss. i shudder thinking about underwear with dance tights but never would go commando in normal clothes. i wear a thong if i'm on my period (sorry tmi but i assume this board is primarily women?) and need to wear a tampon. even then im still paranoid about lines.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, pink317 said:

Are employment or school status verified throughout the year? I ask because a controversial DCC (im sure you can guess) dropped out of school and wasn't a mother/employed and remained on the team so I just wonder how often this is actually checked.

Well technically if that person got married, she then had a career as a housewife. But yeah..... 

I thougt the same about one SAHM who lived with her parents in their home.

eta I doubt if they're verifying tax returns.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
2 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

@RazzleberryPie yessss. i shudder thinking about underwear with dance tights but never would go commando in normal clothes. i wear a thong if i'm on my period (sorry tmi but i assume this board is primarily women?) and need to wear a tampon. even then im still paranoid about lines.

Maybe you can answer one of the great mysteries - how do they deal with kickline at the TOTM? Back in the day we manipulated birth control (took it straight for months thru basketball season when you couldn't schedule things for a few days during the week like during football) BUT that leaves some room for a little bit of bloat, and the DCC leave zero room for it. 

41 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

My eyes are drawn to Holly throughout that dance. I don't get the Holly hate! I think she's a great dancer. Her hair is...... They need to figure that out! 

Last year I didn't like a rookie showboating and she looked bigger than usual. Now that she has a year under her belt and they've fixed her hair, and she's toned toned toned, I'm not mad at her lol. I'd put her in the triangle over Melissa. 

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Real talk... What's the underwear situation like? Since they are pretty much underwear what do they do?!

Thanks for asking this because I always wondered.  I'm not familiar with the dance tights so don't know how they fit. Are they cut to be a bikini fit?  Do they somehow "attach" to the shorts so they aren't seen above the belt?  It seems like the shorts should come with built in liners and that the cheerleaders are heavily sprayed tanned before each performance - that's what  I'd prefer.

And how heavy are the tights?  Are they sweating big time in these? I haven't worn hose or tights in years and can't imagine putting on a pair!

• Love 1

Dance tights are miserable hot in muggy weather. Theory is to keep muscles warm and be modest (no undies), but they are HOT. Sometimes you can see them sticking up out of shorts my the end of games. Some have cotton crotch liners but these would show during kick line, so I don't think they wear those. Seriously when your splitting left and right you need darker, thicker tights though. Shorts shift. 

• Love 2

Along w/ my boot flying off in the kickline, my other "if I go back in time and be a DCC" fear is having a period accident all over my white shorts (and being that I'd be near the middle of the kickline, it would be really awful).   Another is the knot on my blouse coming untied while I'm dancing thunderstruck as point girl!   Lol!!!!

• Love 8
Just now, cherryblossom said:

Birth control offers so many more options such as bringing your menses to 4 times a year or actually once a year.  Wow, too bad they didn't have this option when I started out!!

No doubt, I would have been really smiling!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Birth control offers so many more options such as bringing your menses to 4 times a year or actually once a year.  Wow, too bad they didn't have this option when I started out!!

I'm on the injection. 

I haven't had a period in 6 wonderful years! I always wondered that though. Like imagine a loose tampon string? I would die ?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, morningglory said:

Yes, I meant that I wish they had taken Kyndall as well to make it an even 38. I can't imagine how Kyndall felt to get cut the last night and have Yuko make it with all the favoritism that was given.

I get what you mean.  I do think it's better to have an odd number so they don't have to split the 50.  i always prefer having a girl directly on the 50 yd line. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, JC123 said:

I'm on the injection. 

I haven't had a period in 6 wonderful years! I always wondered that though. Like imagine a loose tampon string? I would die ?

Does that not cause you to still bloat a little? It did me really badly. Sorry if that's too personal. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, pink317 said:

That's Jerry Jones. He gave a semi-long RAMBLING speech which talked about DCC needing to be mothers, going to school, having jobs, etc. His whole speech was so weird and disjointed but he praised the girls so there's that. He also praised each and every one of us (fans) for getting up every day and dealing with our credit card bills (?) and then gave the city of Oxnard 10K. The girls really had their game faces on with big bright agreeable smiles, and I salute them,  as most of my section was like WTF is this man talking about.

Jones is a perv. He is so gross that I can't help but shudder when I see or hear him. Out of touch, old & icky. THE WORST GM in the entire NFL. Why the Cowboys continue to be destined for failure.

Keep Jerrah AND his son AWAY from our DCC!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Here is the infamous TMI NSFW up close of Ashton (that I'm sure hopes would just go away) that gives more details about the tights and lady bit coverage. I hate myself a little for posting this but clearly shows no external underpants and very thin built-in fabric.

0f58461e7a412ff41ae645b7991fd902.jpg

That's like an inch of fabric over her vag.  No thanks.  Nice kick tho ?

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Does that not cause you to still bloat a little? It did me really badly. Sorry if that's too personal. 

Err maybe a little, often not noticeable though. Like I can feel it but it doesn't show in my clothes or anything (at least that i notice haha) I still have like a bitch week though. So. Much. Rage. ?

Edited by JC123
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, pink317 said:

Here is the infamous TMI NSFW up close of Ashton (that I'm sure hopes would just go away) that gives more details about the tights and lady bit coverage. I hate myself a little for posting this but clearly shows no external underpants and very thin built-in fabric.

0f58461e7a412ff41ae645b7991fd902.jpg

Omg ???? that poor girl. So the answer to what knickers do they wear is none! ?

• Love 1

Haha - I didn't realize that was him.  He did sound pretty out of touch.  

Lol about the credit card bills thing.  I guess that is what rich people think us "regular folk" spend all our money on?  Paying off our credit cards ;).

Do you have to buy an admission ticket to get into the Oxnard event?  Maybe that's where he's getting the $10,000 figure - maybe concession stand profits possibly as well.

• Love 1

I've danced since I was 2 and currently am a dance teacher. I've never worn underwear in dance attire. Strictly just tights then Leo/costume. Of course, I don't have professional photographers taking pics of me, I'm sure with a little hope that something shows. But underwear and tights/dance wear just don't really go together. You don't want eyes drawn to that area - it's distracting. None of my non-dance friends have ever noticed. I definitely wouldn't wear them with that tiny uniform, unless it was necessary to wear a thong. Maybe it's because its second nature to me, but I've just always assumed they always go commando in uniform. 

• Love 3

Well, we certainly know they get Brazilians, at least from that picture.  With birth control, it can certainly be a life saver and cause trouble for others.  I've heard of girls who go on birth control and it takes them from heavy flow to practically no flow, from irregular to completely predicted and from moody to completely normal.  I've also heard of birth control killing people.

As for the underwear discussion, this is a new thing for me.  I hadn't really heard of it before.  There probably is underwear for dancers, but the standard stuff that the general public wears isn't suitable for the most part.  I can see why now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

That's like an inch of fabric over her vag.  No thanks.  Nice kick tho ?

That picture reminds of a article about the DCCs in People Magazine back in late 70s. Had to be around the time the TV movie was made. There was a kick line picture with one of the girls posed similar to that. In the next issue in the letters section some reader wrote a letter complaining about the "crotch shot".

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

I do remember that there was a photo posted of another team with a girl doing kicks and you could see the string!

Might as well add...when I was cheering for basketball in high school, a member of the opposing team's squad ran out on the court to perform(along with the rest of the squad) and by the end of the routine her pad had slid down between her tights and her leg. And yes it was facing out. It's been over 25 years and I am still LMBO! 

Edited by Sandiedog
Left out a word.
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, pink317 said:

That's Jerry Jones. He gave a semi-long RAMBLING speech which talked about DCC needing to be mothers, going to school, having jobs, etc. His whole speech was so weird and disjointed but he praised the girls so there's that. He also praised each and every one of us (fans) for getting up every day and dealing with our credit card bills (?) and then gave the city of Oxnard 10K. The girls really had their game faces on with big bright agreeable smiles, and I salute them,  as most of my section was like WTF is this man talking about.

Lol it's Jerry....they made fun of that speech for days on dfw radio. At least Jerry laughs at himself. I think. 

I thought the girls looked great! I couldn't tell from that far who was who really, but it was a cute dance.

• Love 1

So the girls are headed down to LA to start the MTT11 press tour....but isnt a HUGE spoiler to bring Mandy and Kelli? I guess the hosts won't know to ask so it could go unnoticed. Kelli and Mandy sure did luck out - havent been on the team a week and already doing the MTT media tour.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That picture reminds of a article about the DCCs in People Magazine back in late 70s. Had to be around the time the TV movie was made. There was a kick line picture with one of the girls posed similar to that. In the next issue in the letters section some reader wrote a letter complaining about the "crotch shot".

I'm sure the crotch panel had to be a foot wide to hide those um.....70's afros. Bahaha!

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

HAHA OMG! Yeah, they looked like they had Buckwheat in a leglock back then.

That was hilarious! Coke Zero just spewed out my nose, talk about projection! 

Edited by Sandiedog
  • Love 3

Have any of the insiders heard anything about the new boots?  Looks like Robin is having an issue in the back ...

Edited by omgtv
typo
40 minutes ago, omgtv said:

Have any of the insiders heard anything about the new boots?  Looks like Robin is having an issue in the back ...

Ericas looks similar, her weight just isn't as far back. Looks uncomfortable, but maybe they are designed that way in order to be more flexible? Couldn't see anyone else in that position to know if they are all doing it. 

17 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

Do all the DCC wear matching earrings? 

yes, Cryatal studs. Several years ago Ally Traylorb would post a game day prep sheet on the website. Listed what to bring, songs for quarter changes, etc. I don't remember the brand but extra earrings were listed. That was a neat cheat sheet.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

yes, Cryatal studs. Several years ago Ally Traylorb would post a game day prep sheet on the website. Listed what to bring, songs for quarter changes, etc. I don't remember the brand but extra earrings were listed. That was a neat cheat sheet.

Thanks @RazzleberryPie I would love to see that sheet!

• Love 1

It had from what I remember:

extra tights, tattoo coverup, snacks, specific  training gear, plus all the beauty products...someone else can probably remember the rest.  It also said what songs they were dancing to on the stage. 

22 minutes ago, Sandiedog said:

@bigskygirl just curious, why were 5 vets cut at finals?

I believe it was a mix of being outdanced by incoming talent (big squad that year!) and being out of shape.  Wasn't that the year Jenna Allison and Cassie Kathleen were cut for weight gain? 

9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Mandy looks like former DCC Kamilah Brett who was one of the five one year vets cut at finals in Season Seven.   

Mandy is *stunning*.  WOW.  

• Love 1