Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Sweet Kicks

Athena

After a shooting occurs at a fashion show and a young woman is killed, Lucifer becomes intrigued by the danger of the situation and begs Chloe to get in on the case. Meanwhile, when Maze admits to Amenadiel that she wants to go back to hell, he sets his sights on Dr. Linda.

This was my least favorite episode so far. It seemed to go slower than the others.

Was that Dani girl the actress thats Teresa from Ray Donovan? She was annoyingly trying too hard to be hard just like her.

I support Starbucks-esque coffee shops being like hell. But how can Amenadiel suddenly start to be among people? Was he just being annoying to Luci this whole time with the time-stop business? DB did rock that suit though. I'm down for a Suit-Off between the brothers.

Dan is growing on me more than Maze. From his POV I get Lucifer being totally effing weird and sounding danger alarms to the mother of his daughter. The end proved just how right he is, even though that's not Lucifer's intention. We're supposed to be about Chloe's instinct, but, Dan's isn't exactly off.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 3

That was definitely a filler episode, which is always unfortunate but I think it's setting up things to come so I'm willing to give it a little slack.

The idea that Lucifer hasn't ever thought about the consequences of his "favors/actions", the idea that for someone to get ahead, someone else gets left behind.  He got a taste of that with the COW boys but it appears to be setting up the bigger plot point of the danger he's bringing to Chloe because he wants to play mortal.  He's not thinking beyond "It's Maze's job to protect me" to consider just how Maze might interpret that directive. 

And Maze isn't exactly wrong.  Of course, from the audience point of view she looks wrong because Chloe is a 'lead character' but in terms of what Maze has done for eons; she's assessed the root cause of the danger to Lucifer and she's moving to neutralize that threat.  

Kind of interesting to see the devil being set up to get a comeuppance.  Though beyond getting some of the puzzle pieces into position, the episode really was filler.

Edited by storyskip
  • Love 1

Amenadiel having the ability to move among the living (without freezing time), and cozying up to Linda to try and get info on Lucifer, was probably the biggest movement in the overall plot of the show, and makes me wonder how far he will go to get what he wants.  Sure, Lucifer is the actual devil and everything, but I feel like Amenadiel is someone who would totally get his hands dirty, to try and one-up Lucifer.

Besides that, mainly a filler episode, although I guess it's kind of interesting that the killer ended up being the guy Lucifer helped years ago, so it was one of the few times we see how Lucifer's "deals with the devil" antics, can have repercussions and consequences that he doesn't expect.  Of course, him being him, I don't see if impacting him for too long, and if he ever does change his tune, it will probably be because Chloe hassles him about it more.

Seem to be setting up Maze to have her go after Chloe.  I doubt she'll succeed at offing her or anything, but I do hope Maze starts slowly playing a bigger part in this. It's obvious thought that Lucifer's treatment towards her will end up biting him in the ass.

Well, I guess Lucifer now officially being a police consultant now is movement too, and now they won't have to find excuses to keep having him be connect to the actual crimes or around them.  He can now be requested!  He's like Sherlock!  Only... from Hell.

If Chloe is somehow immune to Lucifer, she should be immune to Maze, too. People are complex -- Dan is a good guy at heart. But his concern for Chloe is apparently more about her being the mother of his daughter than about Chloe herself.

In fairness to Lucifer, he didn't know Choi had lied about his partner the graffiti artist being the guilty one, leading to his going to jail. Lucifer doesn't punish innocent people as a tradeoff for fulfilling other people's desires, he only punishes people who deserve it by their own behavior. And he's consistent in reserving his wrath for those who lie -- especially to him.

• Love 3

Please show, do something about Chloe's makeup. Give her darker foundation, stop with the dark shadow under her eyes, do something so that she looks less like she should be on The Walking Dead.

• Love 4

I have to say the procedural part of this episode was dull dull dull. So is Chloe most of the time.

I liked Maize tearing through the gang members so easily. It's nice that someone displays some martial aptitude since apparently the Devil is too lazy to fight his own battles.

• Love 4

I didn't like this episode. On the one hand there was major movement.  Chloe got an office and Lucifer got an official sanctioned reason to be working with Chloe. Albiet lame.  But it was missing the supernatural aspect and that makes this show boring. Luci was also a bit too wild, silly, and annoying. Most of the time I wanted him to shut up.  Chloe seems to completely  have dropped any questioning of the strange things that happen with Luci and, in this episode, very little happened that was unexplained.

The idea that Lucifer hasn't ever thought about the consequences of his "favors/actions", the idea that for someone to get ahead, someone else gets left behind.

That kind of annoyed me. That is all Lucifer has had to do for Millennia... is think... the idea that this hadn't crossed his mind seemed improbable. One bright spot is that I think due to Dan, Lucifer might have for the first time, considered the danger he might be bringing to Chloe.  Especially if he is losing his powers.

• Love 4

The favors having consequences thing isn't the first time even the show had stated it outright. Delilah in the Pilot was killed by someone Lucifer introduced her too, which he seemed to kinda connect. That football player Ty a few episodes ago said Lucifer had a reputation for doing favors for people whose lives then turn to crap in some way and he wanted no part of him. Sure Lucifer did influence him to sleep with that girl but Scum agent had his plan in motion before hand and Lucifer didn't help Ty throughout the episode because he was helping him evade trouble unlike his first favor to Benny, it was his own need to make the guilty party suffer and not good person Ty, so hopefully Ty will be alright. But yeah, Lucifer is all about punishment and if seems like the consequences of getting people out of trouble they willingly got into should absolutely be something he's considered and even introducing a seemingly decent person to someone scummy going badly shouldn't be surprising to him by now. Yes, people have free will, but did Lucifer perhaps use influence over some too get them to do certain things? Lucifer played on the LTs desire he got her to admit too. Chloe saying he had a God complex is probably more accurate than Lucifer will ever, ever admit too. God created temptations and human ability to give in then also uses "nah, free will you didn't have to be tempted" as Lucifer seems to think his playing right to people's desires seems to make him not at all responsible for people acting one them once he brings them to surface under the same excuse of its free wills fault they didn't turn away when lead into something.

Edited by Gigi43

Lucifer's final confrontation with Benny was such a letdown—the former knocked the latter through some canvas and then scared him for a second with a vision of glowy eyes? I really wish after the "I think I'll keep it" line they had cut back to a now whole painting that included a screaming image of Benny. (Of course I guess overt evidence of something supernatural being done wouldn't allow Detective Supermodel to continue her skepticism.)

Mazikeen was the MVP of the episode though, between taking out an entire garage full of armed punks without breaking a sweat and that wonderfully creepy scene looming over Detective Supermodel while she slept.

• Love 3

I did not know that Maze existed to protect Lucifer. Based on his comment over the bar, it seems as if she lacks the ability to decide otherwise. I wonder if, within her responsibility, she is allowed to independently assess risk and act accordingly? If so, that bodes interestingly for Chloe. I am not wild about the fact that the woman of color seems bound to a dude (albeit Lucifer)-- but I am wild about her ninja skills. That was cool. Her reflection in the last scene looked like she only had one eye, cyclops style. And that was some creeeepy business there. I hate that feeling, and the setting/acting sold it.

I don't really buy the idea that "consequences' are new to Lucifer. That would be ridiculous. All of the people he is punishing in Hell are there for Consequences. What I am willing to entertain is that in the shifting form of this Lucifer, the reality of the consequences feels different. Now that he knows what this life feels like, perhaps an unjust deprivation of freedom strikes him as even greater disparity in punishment.

Show, don't make me worried for Dr. Linda's safety. She's such a delight, and I am not excited for Amenadiel to get her in a pickle with the Devil.

• Love 2

I like this show. It's one of those that is just strictly entertainment, because Luci is hot, and cracks me up. Chloe doesn't annoy me a lot, so I'm able to just enjoy what the show presents.

I do think it's possible Luci never thought about his favors having consequences. I imagine being the Prince of Darkness, he didn't really think about much. Just did his job for as long as he was amused. Once he got bored though? I think that's when his existential crisis took over. What's that old phrase? Idle hands are the devil's workshop. I think he fell victim to his own boredom, which has now allowed actual thinking about The Family Business, and whether or not he really has to do his Father's bidding. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Luci his Father's favorite? Cuz I can totally see Amandiel being all jelly that their Father is allowing Luci to do what he's doing. I'm pretty sure God could send him back to Hell if He really wanted to, right? So why is He letting Luci run amok & shit? I think Amandiel is wondering the same.

Next week looks good. Heaven help whoever stole Luci's box. What kind of gift would God give His fallen son? Set of tools? Wine rack? Old baby photos?

• Love 5

I like this show. It's one of those that is just strictly entertainment, because Luci is hot, and cracks me up. Chloe doesn't annoy me a lot, so I'm able to just enjoy what the show presents.

I do think it's possible Luci never thought about his favors having consequences. I imagine being the Prince of Darkness, he didn't really think about much. Just did his job for as long as he was amused. Once he got bored though? I think that's when his existential crisis took over. What's that old phrase? Idle hands are the devil's workshop. I think he fell victim to his own boredom, which has now allowed actual thinking about The Family Business, and whether or not he really has to do his Father's bidding. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't Luci his Father's favorite? Cuz I can totally see Amandiel being all jelly that their Father is allowing Luci to do what he's doing. I'm pretty sure God could send him back to Hell if He really wanted to, right? So why is He letting Luci run amok & shit? I think Amandiel is wondering the same.

Next week looks good. Heaven help whoever stole Luci's box. What kind of gift would God give His fallen son? Set of tools? Wine rack? Old baby photos?

Yes, this is more what I was trying to go for, it was just late last night! ;)

Down in Hell, Lucifer didn't really have to think to hard on the idea of consequences.  The souls he was dealing with there were already damned and as he said in the Pilot, when he was Lord of Hell, he wasn't running around tempting people to sin, he was busy meting out punishment to the already found guilty.

But now, on Earth, where he's becoming entangled with humans who are both sinful and innocent, the lines gotten blurred but I think Luci is just starting to realize this.  Figure 5 years for an immortal being is a pretty short time span. I hadn't thought about Delilah back in the pilot but yep, it was definitely suggested there and seems like this 'realization' on his part has been growing over the episodes.

Personally I like the idea of his character arc and would be up for hanging in for that story ... more so than the police procedural, ngl.

Also I'm speculating the "gift" are his wings.  Again, if they keep dipping into the source material, his regaining his wings (actually putting them back on) is a key character development point.

Neat fact about his wings in the comics. After cutting them off when he left Hell, his wings "healed" themselves back to classic angelic feathers, rather than the bat like wings he had before he left Hell. So when he gets them back, they're his Pre-Fallen wings.

Edited by storyskip
  • Love 4

Badsamaritan:

I do think it's possible Luci never thought about his favors having consequences. I imagine being the Prince of Darkness, he didn't really think about much. Just did his job for as long as he was amused.

And

Storyskip:

Down in Hell, Lucifer didn't really have to think to hard on the idea of consequences.

Good points.  I understand what you're both saying, and to a degree, I concur.  I would imagine the dynamics in Hell are not as unpredictable as here.  If Lucifer is the all-powerful ruler of Hell, he would know the outcomes, both intentional and otherwise, of his punishment.  Or, he wouldn't care, because the guilty are the only ones in Hell.  But he's a stickler for degree of punishment, so I would imagine that in forming plans for Damned Person A, he would consider effects in order to make them commensurate with the sin/crime.

I think the idea of unintended consequences is interesting, where the blend of innocent/miscreant/sinner in all of us means that any person could go in any direction thus causing effects Lucifer did not anticipate because he is not all powerful.

My disconnect comes from either the inconsistency of this particular cause and effect or the simplicity of it.  I don't pay really close attention to the COW, so I may have missed something, it's either that YV was innocent or he was a participant in the old crime.  If YV was innocent, then that should have sent Lucifer into a greater rage-- he threw the last dude who tried to pawn guilt off on an innocent through a glass wall (not a flimsy canvas).  Inconsistent.  If, on the other hand, YV participated in the crime, but was the only one who served, that's not really harming him beyond what society would already expect of a felon (5 years sounds like felony).  So it becomes really simplistic-- the guy Luci did a favor for gets rich, which is unfair given his equal guilt, but the effect on YV isn't actually worse because of that. 

One of the things I love seeing on this show - besides Tom Ellis in general - is how good he switches from the suave, charming, grinning Lucifer, to suddenly looking angry and just plain mean. When Chloe told him he had a "god complex", her comment obviously hit a very sensitive nerve and his expression switched so quickly, that I was taken aback. Well done, TE.

Oh, that spoiler-tagged comment, Storyskip. Whoa. I would love it, if the show went there with that storyline... Oh, and thank you for tagging it (everyone should do this)- some people don't want to be comic spoiled. Excellent! And whoa....

• Love 3

I liked this one.

Lucifer and Chloe really start to get on their footing as partners for me. I think they have easy chemistry now. I like that Chloe is less of a straight woman and able to turn the tables on him at times.  Lucifer punching the guy, not for Chloe, was a riot.

I get Kevin Alejandro's character reasoning, but it doesn't quite work for me. Obviously, last week, he wasn't worried about what could happen to the mother of his child; there was some definite rooster attitude and jealousy at play. Again, I understand that Lucifer is condescending and annoying so I try to cut him some slack.

I like Maze as a foil, and when she's comploting with Amenadiel. Definitely, I dislike her around Lucifer. I don't know if it's because  the Vixen or the Bitch with a Heart of Gold are character types I dislike, or because it annoys me to see a female character who clings to a man who takes her for granted, and wants him to conform to her idea of what he should be, against who he is.

Amenadiel is a sneaky one. And he rocks the suit.

I know that recurring/supporting characters can't be on every week just because. I get it, I swear. But WHY NO TRIXIE, SHOW?! WHY?!

Edited by Happy Harpy

One of the things I love seeing on this show - besides Tom Ellis in general - is how good he switches from the suave, charming, grinning Lucifer, to suddenly looking angry and just plain mean. When Chloe told him he had a "god complex", her comment obviously hit a very sensitive nerve and his expression switched so quickly, that I was taken aback. Well done, TE.

Agreed I think he does that extremely well. I suppose I would like to see a little more of that. When he is too jovial I hate to say it, he comes off a little flaming gay stereotype.

I don't really buy the idea that "consequences' are new to Lucifer.

This. But I would be willing to have an underlying plot that sometimes people can be forced into bad situations that force bad behavior by his favors and thus his free will blah blah blah isn't so free if influenced by him or other angels.

And

Good points. I understand what you're both saying, and to a degree, I concur. I would imagine the dynamics in Hell are not as unpredictable as here. If Lucifer is the all-powerful ruler of Hell, he would know the outcomes, both intentional and otherwise, of his punishment. Or, he wouldn't care, because the guilty are the only ones in Hell. But he's a stickler for degree of punishment, so I would imagine that in forming plans for Damned Person A, he would consider effects in order to make them commensurate with the sin/crime.

I think the idea of unintended consequences is interesting, where the blend of innocent/miscreant/sinner in all of us means that any person could go in any direction thus causing effects Lucifer did not anticipate because he is not all powerful.

My disconnect comes from either the inconsistency of this particular cause and effect or the simplicity of it. I don't pay really close attention to the COW, so I may have missed something, it's either that YV was innocent or he was a participant in the old crime. If YV was innocent, then that should have sent Lucifer into a greater rage-- he threw the last dude who tried to pawn guilt off on an innocent through a glass wall (not a flimsy canvas). Inconsistent. If, on the other hand, YV participated in the crime, but was the only one who served, that's not really harming him beyond what society would already expect of a felon (5 years sounds like felony). So it becomes really simplistic-- the guy Luci did a favor for gets rich, which is unfair given his equal guilt, but the effect on YV isn't actually worse because of that.

(Lawd, why am I finna think too deep bout this damn show?? Lol!)

I think it's possible to be a stickler for degree of punishment without considering consequences necessarily. I mean, everyone is in HELL, where they going to have consequences? To me, consequences denote there is a change in the status quo that would be affected due to choices, but nobody in Hell is leaving. Their punishment is commensurate to their crimes for eternity, one gasoline draws sinner's fate isn't really gonna affect any of the other sinners' punishment because they're all in Hell. They have no more choices, their fates are sealed. What Luci chooses to do to one damned soul isn't gonna change anything for the others. The guy he threw through the window killed a nice girl who got caught up but was tryna do the right thing. YK did participate, he was an actual criminal. I think that's why Luci wasn't as butt hurt, hence the artist only goes through a painting and not glass.

• Love 1

Okay so my post is a bit long sorry..

Mistress of Excess? So Maze is a demon that is about excess? Okay.  *snort* Cheeseburger. Kind of funny.

More chemistry with Tom Ellis and Chloe's boss than with Chloe's actress. I really liked that scene with her.  No offense, but I think the whackjob getting Chloe killed might help the show... But I gotta admit the slap in the elevator was a good set up.  Some of the dialogue is good actually, but I don't like the actress for Chloe. They missed the mark with her. Casting definitely missed the mark.

Can someone explain why he punched the rude ass cop in the bar? I mean a part of me thinks he did it as an attempt to try and impress Chloe.

And I was right. As were others. Maze betraying Lucifer for his own good.  And heeey, Amandiel, leave Dr Linda alone! Heh, I'm really liking the Maze and Lucifer scenes, the chemistry is awesome and if any two characters start sleeping together, it would be those two I wouldn't have a problem.

And yeah Lucifer doesn't like to be touched unless he initiates it. Tom's reaction when Chloe's ex (can't remember his name) grabbed his arm. Is Tom playing him as someone who has issues with touch?

I'm liking the split characterization of Lucifer so far.  He's like a ten year old that suddenly has a whole crapload of freedom and wants to try EVERYTHING AND FEEL EVERYTHING AND DISCOVER... and then you get the deeper insights. How he reacts to things personally, when people misrepsent themselves/lie to him, how  he acts when he's touched and not expecting it.

Amandiel branching out and taking on the mask to try and get Lucifer back into his "rightful place" is interesting. Damn I just want more angel stuff and less cop stuff.

Man I loved the oh shit face on Tom's face when the guns came out. At first he's like ooooh danger, yeaah, and then "Oh."

And Maze kicking the gangbangers asses with Lucifer providing commentary was my favorite scene of the whole episode and Maze's curt response. Despite how she feels about all of this,  she is willing to protect his ass, or she's bound to, either way i love the fight scenes so far. They may seem choppy but I take it as a supernatural type fight so it's bound to look odd.

Loved Lucifer's reaction to "God Complex." Again Tom Ellis is selling this role.

I feel like the writers don't give a shit about the cop aspect of the show and just want to concentrate on the Angel Politics/Dynamics story because that seems to get the most weight in the show.  I'm getting the feeling that maybe TPTB forced them to change to show up  and add the procedural part of it probably to appeal to the mass so to speak. *Sigh*

He really doesn't like it when he's lied to does he? Or fakes? Showing his Hell Face to Benny. He seems to reserve the Hell Face for the people like that. Ultimate punishment he can provide on Earth?

And what the hell was that in the last scene? Maze then.. that something.. what was it???? What is she trying to do? What is she going to do?
So a 50/50 episode for me. Filler too, but again the Angel dynamics and plot is more interesting and I'm a little worried about Dr Linda now.

The next episode got me definitely interested.

• Love 2

Okay so my post is a bit long sorry..

Mistress of Excess? So Maze is a demon that is about excess? Okay.  *snort* Cheeseburger. Kind of funny.

More chemistry with Tom Ellis and Chloe's boss than with Chloe's actress. I really liked that scene with her.  No offense, but I think the whackjob getting Chloe killed might help the show... But I gotta admit the slap in the elevator was a good set up.  Some of the dialogue is good actually, but I don't like the actress for Chloe. They missed the mark with her. Casting definitely missed the mark.

Can someone explain why he punched the rude ass cop in the bar? I mean a part of me thinks he did it as an attempt to try and impress Chloe.

And I was right. As were others. Maze betraying Lucifer for his own good.  And heeey, Amandiel, leave Dr Linda alone! Heh, I'm really liking the Maze and Lucifer scenes, the chemistry is awesome and if any two characters start sleeping together, it would be those two I wouldn't have a problem.

And yeah Lucifer doesn't like to be touched unless he initiates it. Tom's reaction when Chloe's ex (can't remember his name) grabbed his arm. Is Tom playing him as someone who has issues with touch?

I'm liking the split characterization of Lucifer so far.  He's like a ten year old that suddenly has a whole crapload of freedom and wants to try EVERYTHING AND FEEL EVERYTHING AND DISCOVER... and then you get the deeper insights. How he reacts to things personally, when people misrepsent themselves/lie to him, how  he acts when he's touched and not expecting it.

Amandiel branching out and taking on the mask to try and get Lucifer back into his "rightful place" is interesting. Damn I just want more angel stuff and less cop stuff.

Man I loved the oh shit face on Tom's face when the guns came out. At first he's like ooooh danger, yeaah, and then "Oh."

And Maze kicking the gangbangers asses with Lucifer providing commentary was my favorite scene of the whole episode and Maze's curt response. Despite how she feels about all of this,  she is willing to protect his ass, or she's bound to, either way i love the fight scenes so far. They may seem choppy but I take it as a supernatural type fight so it's bound to look odd.

Loved Lucifer's reaction to "God Complex." Again Tom Ellis is selling this role.

I feel like the writers don't give a shit about the cop aspect of the show and just want to concentrate on the Angel Politics/Dynamics story because that seems to get the most weight in the show.  I'm getting the feeling that maybe TPTB forced them to change to show up  and add the procedural part of it probably to appeal to the mass so to speak. *Sigh*

He really doesn't like it when he's lied to does he? Or fakes? Showing his Hell Face to Benny. He seems to reserve the Hell Face for the people like that. Ultimate punishment he can provide on Earth?

And what the hell was that in the last scene? Maze then.. that something.. what was it???? What is she trying to do? What is she going to do?

So a 50/50 episode for me. Filler too, but again the Angel dynamics and plot is more interesting and I'm a little worried about Dr Linda now.

The next episode got me definitely interested.

Going to give some answers a shot here!  Some might be under spoiler cuts thought for the comics.

1) Lucifer and touch -  I don't know that it's an issue with touch per-say or more one about control.  Despite his insistence that he's "retired" he's still an archangel, second only to "Dad" and maybe Michael.  Also it ties in neatly with the curious fact that Trixie gets away with careening into him, hugging him and dragging him around to look at bird reports, however, Trixie's dad (an adult) grabs his arm and it's an entirely different response.  Of course you also had Dr. Linda literally pouncing on him HOWEVER, he'd already "agreed" to her 'deal with the devil'.

2) I totally agree, Tom Ellis is selling the hell out of this role.  His ability to transition from goofy frat boy to menacing, otherworldly creature is sublime.

3) I think the emphasis on police procedural is part of what made this week's episode week.  Angel politics for the win.  That said, I think the show writers are using the police procedural as a plot device to help set up Lucifer's story arc, which may be part of why that part of the show is so ... well, what it is.  This show really isn't meant to be a CSI or a Law and Order.

4) Mazikeen in the end scene:  Spoilers for comics.  

Mazikeen in the comics has a face that is half beautiful woman and half skeletal corpse. She is very proud of her visage and in the comics when she is restored to a face that is completely beautiful she is horrified because she can no longer 'control' the part of her face that was disfigured. So what we saw in the 'mirror' was Mazikeen from the comics.

• Love 1

Going to give some answers a shot here!  Some might be under spoiler cuts thought for the comics.

1) Lucifer and touch -  I don't know that it's an issue with touch per-say or more one about control.  Despite his insistence that he's "retired" he's still an archangel, second only to "Dad" and maybe Michael.  Also it ties in neatly with the curious fact that Trixie gets away with careening into him, hugging him and dragging him around to look at bird reports, however, Trixie's dad (an adult) grabs his arm and it's an entirely different response.  Of course you also had Dr. Linda literally pouncing on him HOWEVER, he'd already "agreed" to her 'deal with the devil'.

Thanks for the answers. And the explanation on what I saw. As for Trixie all hugging up on him, he is also trying to squirm out of her embrace and try to distract her. So he's not comfortable with her either, probably also due to her innocence. 

I missed a Trixifer scene. :( I liked those scenes. No Trixie in this ep. 

But yeah I can see it about control. If he doesn't initiate it or control it from the beginning he doesn't like it. 

You know what? Castle-ish-ness premise aside this was a decent episode. Yes, yes the procedural stuff still stinks to high hell, and given this week's story, where we see a gang member in tears over his pet pig dying (BTW--puff Piggy? Bwhahaha); and watching the unfolding of a 'gang' war, which was staged more like the gang war scene in West Side Story or MJ's Beat it music video, this clearly captured the less than serious procedural aspects of the show.

This week also showcased a more focused Chloe. She seemed astute and intense at her job and seemed less intimated by Lucifer. When I say intimidated I mean because of her preoccupation with Lucifer--who he is, what he's about--she had difficulty staying on the task at hand , as it were. She had a more relaxed demeanor, maybe it's because she feels she has no choice in a decision to work with him and have accepted her fate. In any event she seemed more flip and less patient with his antics. Locking him in the car, locking him out of the car and smacking him are examples.

Maze is badass. Though as she kicked butt and Lucifer stooped and made commentary, I couldn't help but wish that the entity that was kicking butt was Lucifer. I didn't want him to orchestrating the action, I wanted him in it. It's been five weeks now and Maze has whined each week about going back to Hell. I get it writers.. please make it stop. Her telling Amen about the doctor and creeping up on a sleeping Chloe makes me wonder about their past relationship. After Lucifer's chilling speech..."you exist to protect me", I wondered if Maz is  taking her body guard job too far, or at least defining the word 'protecting' in a more broad sense to be inclusive of the thought that anyone distracting him would be a person of interest. Hence her visit to a sleeping Chloe.

I'm hoping the show has found it's groove now, I also hope we'll be seeing more of those serious almost sinister tone that was evident in some scenes.

Minor note, I thought it interesting that Mazikeen pronounced her own name differently from Lucifer and Amenadiel (and the way I'd always said it in my head previously). Presumably she's the one who best knows the correct pronunciation, so why is Lucifer not using the short a?

It would be completely badass if they actually killed off Chloe. She served her purpose, she got Lucifer on the path to being humanized (though not really, it was the dead pop star girl who got him on the path. Not sure where Chloe is supposed to fit into that other than he wants her because she doesn't want him because that is how every single one of these shows works. I still wish it was contact with the adorably innocent Trixie that was making him question is immortality.)

This episode was good but the lack of Trixie was glaring. I'm curious to see where this Amen/Linda thing goes. BTW, she has got excellent taste in men, just saying.

I love Maze. I love Lucifer. I love Amen. I love Linda too. I would watch a show about the power struggle of getting Luci back to hell and Luci wanting to be free to have his midlife crisis here on earth with Dr. L commentating about his inner conflict. I do not have a rats ass to give about the procedural side of the show. I have no idea what the case was, nor do I care. Something about shoes and gunshots. IDK. I hope Trixie is back next week.

• Love 4

I'm wondering if the show would actually go the route of killing off Chloe??? I mean if it was on HBO or FX or another cable channel I wouldn't be surprised and expecting it.. but not sure if FOX would go there.

I sure hope so, she's dragging the whole thing down, I would not be upset if they offed her & got a new female lead.

• Love 4

I'm curious to see where this Amen/Linda thing goes. BTW, she has got excellent taste in men, just saying.

She's not really picking them as much as having them fall into her lap, so it's more like she has eyes that function.

• Love 4

I hope they give Chloe, and the actress, time to improve.  They're trying to construct a character that is immune from the charm of this clever, handsome Devil, without making her such a special snowflake that she's foreign.  They stuck her with a shit backstory (Hot Tub High, undefined separation, famous-ish absent mom, the Palmetto thing), and started her off with weak cop skills (or in episodes that did a poor job showing her skills).  Other than the backstory, it's understandable, because they have to establish the Devil took up residence in LA and is morphing or having a mid-millenial crisis or whatever.  Add in the angel politics, Maze, and Linda-- that's a lot.  The last two episodes improved for Chloe, and I hope they continue in that direction.  The actress makes some odd choices, but she's seemed to pick up her game recently, too.  She needed to choose a better way to play off Lucifer, and that slightly goofy thing works outside of serious cop moments.  It's as endearing as her good mom moments with Trixie.

• Love 2

Lucifer's final confrontation with Benny was such a letdown—the former knocked the latter through some canvas and then scared him for a second with a vision of glowy eyes?

From what we saw in the first episode, when Luci shows his "Devil Face", the person who sees it is through. They see their crimes through the eyes of all they've hurt (or something like that) and it drives them insane.

Show, don't make me worried for Dr. Linda's safety. She's such a delight, and I am not excited for Amenadiel to get her in a pickle with the Devil.

"I'm a docctor and you're a doctor so we can dispense with that silly doctor/client privilege nonsense." Feh. That was criminally stupid.

Lucifer and Chloe really start to get on their footing as partners for me. I think they have easy chemistry now. I like that Chloe is less of a straight woman and able to turn the tables on him at times. Lucifer punching the guy, not for Chloe, was a riot.

I like Maze as a foil,

When Chloe leaned in as if to kiss Lucifer, then got in the car and drove away, I was laughing. I know that YMMV with people's reaction to actresses, but I think she's doing a fine job.

You mean "Mike"?  LOL

• Love 5

I, too, most enjoyed Ninja Mazi.  Not sure if I liked the inference I took that she, too, has some supernatural talent.  She was right in front of Chloe and then she was long gone, as if she were transported.  She's plenty fierce and capable enough without benefit of superpowers.  If only I could count on the show playing it straight and giving her a real chance to take care of Chloe in her own inimitable style.

I am not liking so much the actual mortal peril Luci now faces.  It just slows the show down for me.  Just a convenient plot device to invoke and revoke at will.  

Amenadiel continues to do less with the most.  He's all but worthless so far.

I do like the police Lt. and the hots she has for Luci, not to mention her outsized and obvious ambition.  A Mazi in the making! 

Regarding Maze ...

She is supernatural. She's a Lilim, daughter of Lilith, a fierce-some warrior in her own right.  When she told Chloe "I followed him through the gates of Hell" she was being literal.  It's also why Amenadiel's appearance doesn't slow her down, like it does all the other humans and Lux and why she was even able to briefly get some licks in on Amenadiel.

• Love 1

I've never gotten around to watching this show until I heard it went to Netflix so now I can d/l and watch on the plane. It's been a fairly enjoyable so far, if breezy. I think the casting is good overall and they did a good job with the mythology quickly. I don't have the experience of watching week to week but the show works well watching near-binging, and I've seen enough that I'm interested to watch the rest. 

• Love 3

I know I'm late to the party but I'm currently binging this show on Netflix.  Too bad I couldn't point this out to others earlier, but it was clear to me that the reason Lucifer didn't want to be touched by Chloe when she was going towards his scars from where his wings were cut off, is that is a huge source of emotional pain for him. 

• Love 1
On 12/2/2019 at 5:55 PM, milizard said:

Lucifer didn't want to be touched by Chloe when she was going towards his scars from where his wings were cut off, is that is a huge source of emotional pain for him. 

Oh ya, there is an entire season involving his wings. They are a constant reminder of a life he wants to forget but it's part of who he is and until he came to embrace them and all that they mean he could not fully move on.

• Love 1