Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 02/22/16

Athena
  • Start Topic

I wonder what Candace would do if her daughter(s)? fell in Iove with someone who didn't love Jesus? What if he was of a different faith? You can't control who you love.

Holy crap what if his skin is brown? Oh, the humanity

What if "he" wasn't a "he"?

Break out the beta blockers and the smelling salts for CCB and her brother. .

• Love 6

LOL - Thanks everyone for explaining why Joy was bleeped.

It's a little disconcerting to be the only guy here - and the blowjob joke goes right over my head.

No way, FK! We need some dudes in the mix! Stay with us!

Edited by ari333
  • Love 3

Have all the police shootings of young black men gone unnoticed in her world?    Or for that matter, what was she doing LAST SUMMER when white supremacist walked into a historic black church in Charleston and shot nine people?   Geezus, she makes my head hurt too GH.

I’m sure Candace is one of those people who’d have called it an attack on Christianity—not the hate crime against black people that it was.

It's a little disconcerting to be the only guy here - and the blowjob joke goes right over my head.

You're not, but the joke didn't go over my head for different reasons... lol

• Love 4

That would probably be okay because remember,  BA Barbie can't wrap her mind around the idea that racism exists.  There are no racist Christians in CandaceLand.

And apparently no persons of color on Fuller House.
  • Love 5

And apparently no persons of color on Fuller House.

Oh Fuller House exists in CandaceLand though.    It's a marvelous place, untouched by politics or racism or any reality at all.  It's where someone can marry at 19 and have 20 years of blissful happiness with nary a speedbump along the way.   Mothers can stop working to stay home until the Fathers retire from lucrative careers in sports and then they can just pick up their television careers literally where they left off, no problem.   Everything is lovely all the time, teenagers are a breeze to raise because they stay off social media and fast food and only date people who love Jesus more than anything.  

I think Candace thought this show would give her a platform to preach her faith (and she wasn't wrong) and pimp her show (right again Barbie) and is genuinely stunned when confronted with the real world the other women talk about.  And by "real world" of course I mean the real world of being a member of the one percent.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Oh Fuller House exists in CandaceLand though.    It's a marvelous place, untouched by politics or racism or any reality at all.  It's where someone can marry at 19 and have 20 years of blissful happiness with nary a speedbump along the way.   Mothers can stop working to stay home until the Fathers retire from lucrative careers in sports and then they can just pick up their television careers literally where they left off, no problem.   Everything is lovely all the time, teenagers are a breeze to raise because they stay off social media and fast food and only date people who love Jesus more than anything.

LOL, Cosmo - This ignited my nosiness, so I did some googling about Candaceland,  Interestingly,  she and hubby live a relatively modest (by Hollywood standards) lifestyle.

Here's their Malibu house:  http://variety.com/gallery/fuller-house-star-candace-cameron-bure-buys-in-malibu/#!1//

and here's hubby's business:  http://www.burefamilywines.com/about-us.html

I was looking for the bluebirds of happiness flying with ribbons in their beaks, but haven't found them yet.

• Love 2

^^^^LOL Fisher King.

Off topic but Fisher, is that a pic of Claire's car/hearse from Six Feet Under next to your name?   God, I loved that show and it took me an embarrassingly long time to get over it ending.  

You bet it's Claire Fisher's hearse. That's also where my moniker comes from. That's one of my favorite shows ever.   :)

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 5

Celebrities have said they'll leave the country, but, have any ever done it? Because of an election, I mean.

Gwyneth Paltrow spent much of Dubya's administration in England, and claimed he was the reason.

Thanks merriebreeze!

Last thing I want to watch is having Candace and her new show shoved down my throat on my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!

• Love 4

Oh Fuller House exists in CandaceLand though.    It's a marvelous place, untouched by politics or racism or any reality at all.  It's where someone can marry at 19 and have 20 years of blissful happiness with nary a speedbump along the way.   Mothers can stop working to stay home until the Fathers retire from lucrative careers in sports and then they can just pick up their television careers literally where they left off, no problem.   Everything is lovely all the time, teenagers are a breeze to raise because they stay off social media and fast food and only date people who love Jesus more than anything.  

I think Candace thought this show would give her a platform to preach her faith (and she wasn't wrong) and pimp her show (right again Barbie) and is genuinely stunned when confronted with the real world the other women talk about.  And by "real world" of course I mean the real world of being a member of the one percent.  

PREACH!

WORD!

Get outta my head... no... stay in my head... you said it better.

No way, FK! We need some dudes in the mix! Stay with us!

I'm here but I typically like all your guy's posts...and I mostly lurk here.  

I usually check in here first if the show sounds watch worthy and seeing so much time dedicated to Fuller House has me just skip the show...

• Love 7

I guess I'll stick this here. I wish we had a thread for current host's other appearances. 

CCB/BAB was on Wendy William's show today (thought she was supposed to be on yesterday) and mentioned that she does 3 hours of homework a night to be prepared for The Spew. I got a real good laugh out of that claim. She also was talking about how she hasn't gotten parts, had shows cancelled and etc. because of her faith. There was more but I had to go to the restroom while she was on and couldn't make out the rest of the interview from there. 

Edited to add: Thanks YouTube!

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3

I'm here but I typically like all your guy's posts...and I mostly lurk here.  

I usually check in here first if the show sounds watch worthy and seeing so much time dedicated to Fuller House has me just skip the show...

So you're a dude? We need you too!

• Love 2

CCB/BAB was on Wendy William's show today (thought she was supposed to be on yesterday) and mentioned that she does 3 hours of homework a night to be prepared for The Spew. I got a real good laugh out of that claim. 

So all I can assume from that is that BAB is a slow learner because her performance to date does NOT scream prepared.  She has the talking points down pat just like Bitsy did but challenge her, ask her to expand on her comments and it's painful to watch her pain and discomfort.

She also was talking about how she hasn't gotten parts, had shows cancelled and etc. because of her faith.

I'd be curious as to how she knows for a fact that she has experienced discrimination because of her faith.  Has she been told, no Christians need apply?  Your faith is spoiling the show so we're just going to have cancel it?  Curious minds want to know!  

Has someone said you're not getting this part because you are a Christian?  Or has she lost out on a part because her faith would not allow her to portray a role as needed.   Two very different things.  Networks/studios don't have to cater to your demands or limitations your faith imposes when there is a line around the block of others willing to do what is required.

Edited by onthebrink03
  • Love 11

Candace said before when she started on the show after taping Fuller House that she had been taking a lot of tips from Paula on how to conduct interviews better, so I can believe she does try to watch or read up on some things at night (probably from only biased news sources). Three hours has to be hyper-bowl though.

You know, sometimes I feel bad coming down so hard on Candace. Despite her opinions (which I find waaay too regressive to be given a platform on daytime) and her tendency to be a killjoy, she doesn't seem like a horrible, horrible person. I'm sure she is trying...in her own, special way. lol

• Love 6

Seems to me Candace, Raven and Michelle are not right for this show.

Candace needs to concentrate on her sweet movies for Hallmark, Michelle work on anything else, and Raven won't be an issue after this summer and a Republican is nominated.....unless she commutes in from Canada - which is entirely do-able.

• Love 10

Yeah, well, I don't feel sorry for Candace. And she probably does think that she's been discriminated because of her faith, probably because the show(s) wouldn't adjust or make changes so she wouldn't feel uncomfortable, etc.  Just as DWTS made adjustments so she wouldn't look...provocative or whatever demands she made regarding her outfits.

Sorry sister. You want to do specific roles where your faith is front and center? Go to your big brother Kirk and ask to star in his movies.

• Love 10

LOL, Cosmo - This ignited my nosiness, so I did some googling about Candaceland,  Interestingly,  she and hubby live a relatively modest (by Hollywood standards) lifestyle.

Here's their Malibu house:  http://variety.com/gallery/fuller-house-star-candace-cameron-bure-buys-in-malibu/#!1//

and here's hubby's business:  http://www.burefamilywines.com/about-us.html

I was looking for the bluebirds of happiness flying with ribbons in their beaks, but haven't found them yet.

Wow, BA Barbie's Malibu dream house comes with it's own winery in Napa complete with a two-acre, $1.25 million dollar getaway?      CandaceLand really is a fairy tale!    The story says they sold their FL home for $1.4 million about the same time they paid the $2.35 million for this one.   Maybe the modest part is no pool?  

I guess I'll stick this here. I wish we had a thread for current host's other appearances. 

CCB/BAB was on Wendy William's show today (thought she was supposed to be on yesterday) and mentioned that she does 3 hours of homework a night to be prepared for The Spew. I got a real good laugh out of that claim. She also was talking about how she hasn't gotten parts, had shows cancelled and etc. because of her faith. There was more but I had to go to the restroom while she was on and couldn't make out the rest of the interview from there.

Hahahaha!   Does reading Twitter for three hours count as 'homework?   Thanks for the video Jaded!

Candace said before when she started on the show after taping Fuller House that she had been taking a lot of tips from Paula on how to conduct interviews better, so I can believe she does try to watch or read up on some things at night (probably from only biased news sources). Three hours has to be hyper-bowl though.

You know, sometimes I feel bad coming down so hard on Candace. Despite her opinions (which I find waaay too regressive to be given a platform on daytime) and her tendency to be a killjoy, she doesn't seem like a horrible, horrible person. I'm sure she is trying...in her own, special way. lol

I don't think BA Barbie is a horrible person, I just think she only has two channels (her faith or full house) and that makes her super boring.  She basically admitted to Wendy she's not used to having to think about politics or world events much less talk about them.   Mileage varies but she's probably the least interesting person I've seen on this show in a long time, or maybe even ever.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

Hey Cosmo - Did you notice the one comment after BAB's house info?  Another fan!

February 17, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Kristi says:

Eww, now I’m picturing Candace taking a dump in that bathroom.

• Love 1

Hey Cosmo - Did you notice the one comment after BAB's house info?  Another fan!

February 17, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Kristi says:

Eww, now I’m picturing Candace taking a dump in that bathroom.

Hahahahaha!  Oh no, now I am too, LOL.   I wonder what her NYC apartment looks like or if she stays in a hotel?  

• Love 1

Joy did not get bleeped in this part of Canada, nor should she have.  One could have taken her comment at face value, since they were talking about who should propose.  Candace reacted as in, what am I going to do with you Joy, to save you.  Idiot Raven over-reacted but she was already pissed at Joy, because she tried to say something earlier (as I recall), and Joy made one of her stupid joke comments, and Raven threw her blue card in the air.  This girl needs to grow the fuck up.  For the next segments, Raven sat there with her arms crossed,  wah wah wah.

I never watched Full House, but I get that there are people who did and are happy with this sequel...but please, this is too much.  They have been pushing this too far.  I preferred the Whoopi Oscar stuff, frankly.  And has anyone even explained why the Olsen twins are not involved (I can assume why; but it is a question that should be asked).

Whoopi dressed in a jean shirt (?!) interviewing the head of the Academy pissed me off.

• Love 4

Well, I skipped the Miss Whoopie stuff, and the Fuller House crap, and got through the show in about 12 minutes! Go me!

Quite disappointed to hear that Whoops will be doing another report on Monday. Bah - even when she's not there, she's there.

• Love 6

I wonder if Miss Whoopi memorized her entire monologue, plus the rest of the script for a 3-4 hour Oscars show.  Because we all know she can't read a prompter.  What the hell?

Whoopi will be there as a presenter, not the host (Chris Rock), so her duties shouldn't be that involved, other than to give out an award.  I haven't heard if she's actually performing in any capacity.  It's not a show I usually watch, so don't follow it very closely...rich people giving themselves awards for doing a job for which they've already been handsomely paid.  No thanks.

• Love 2

Joy did not get bleeped in this part of Canada, nor should she have.  One could have taken her comment at face value, since they were talking about who should propose.  Candace reacted as in, what am I going to do with you Joy, to save you.  Idiot Raven over-reacted but she was already pissed at Joy, because she tried to say something earlier (as I recall), and Joy made one of her stupid joke comments, and Raven threw her blue card in the air.  This girl needs to grow the fuck up.  For the next segments, Raven sat there with her arms crossed,  wah wah wah.

I never watched Full House, but I get that there are people who did and are happy with this sequel...but please, this is too much.  They have been pushing this too far.  I preferred the Whoopi Oscar stuff, frankly.  And has anyone even explained why the Olsen twins are not involved (I can assume why; but it is a question that should be asked).

Whoopi dressed in a jean shirt (?!) interviewing the head of the Academy pissed me off.

Me too!!!  .... but she has no respect for hardly anyone.

• Love 3

I wonder if Miss Whoopi memorized her entire monologue, plus the rest of the script for a 3-4 hour Oscars show. Because we all know she can't read a prompter. What the hell?

Whoopi will be there as a presenter, not the host (Chris Rock), so her duties shouldn't be that involved, other than to give out an award.  I haven't heard if she's actually performing in any capacity.  It's not a show I usually watch, so don't follow it very closely...rich people giving themselves awards for doing a job for which they've already been handsomely paid.  No thanks.

I think Morgalisa meant when Miss Whoopi was the host 20 years ago - as in the video posted upthread with part of her smart and funny opening monologue.  I've never believed her problems  with the teleprompter on The View were more than lack of preparation. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

When CCB is away in March, will Michelle be on more often or will they continue to outsource?

Sara will be out so hopefully Sunni!

Where  is CCB going in March?

And NO, we don't need airhead Sara Haines. They can use some of the cohosts in the opening.

• Love 1

I think Morgalisa meant when Miss Whoopi was the host 20 years ago - as in the video posted upthread with part of her smart and funny opening monologue.  I've never believed her problems  with the teleprompter on The View were more than lack of preparation. 

We don't know...we weren't there.  :)

Perhaps that's what Morgalisa was referencing, and I just misinterpreted it.  Oops...

• Love 2

The reviews for Fuller House are in and they aren't good. Can't say I'm surprised.

Since its a Netflix show how do they determine ratings for it?

Good question.   I'd like to know that as well because I don't think ratings matter much on Netflix/Amazon and other pay platforms.  

Meanwhile, I liked this:    ‘Fuller House’ Gets Terrible Reviews: 7 Worst Things Critics Have to Say

“The first four minutes of ‘Fuller House’ are four of the most excruciating TV minutes ever broadcast,” one critic writes.

“Fuller House” premiered on Netflix Friday after critics welcomed it to the streaming service with mostly negative reviews.

“Excruciating,” “tinged with the sickly-sweet of rot” and bordering “on the obscene” are just a few of the unkind words critics had for the “Full House” sequel series, which currently holds a score of 39 percent on Rotten Tomatoes.

One critic even wrote, “There’s a point where nostalgia becomes more like necrophilia, and ‘Fuller House’ immediately crosses that line.” TheWrap’s Ned Ehrbar agreed and wrote, “in practice, it’s just a stark example of how nostalgia looks best at a hazy distance.”

There's much more detailed deliciousness at the link.    Hahahahaha!  And these aren't from anonymous online tabloid critics but The Washington Post,  my fav TV critic, Richard Lawson for Vanity Fair,  plus publications like VultureEntertainment Weekly, and The A.V. Club. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

GHSCORPIO you weren't the only one putting a hex on that show. Lol

Cosmo I read those reviews and they all pretty much said the same thing. The Olsen twins are being congratulated for being smart enough to take a pass.

I simply cannot see someone who isn't a current subscriber to netflix signing up to watch Fuller House. House of Cards or Orange is the New Black maybe. But this crap? No fucking way.

• Love 5

Yes, Cosmo, I meant when she hosted. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Maybe she preps three hours every night for The View the same way Candace preps. Lol.

• Love 4

I figured Fuller House was bad when I heard ABC and others passed on it.  Also figured it was bad since it has been whored out on talk shows more than a Major Motion PIcture.  The three girls including BAB when on WWHL with Andy Cohen.  Jodi Sweetin seemed to be the only one who did not have a stick up her ass.  Surprised Andy was able to be civil to BAB given his feelings about her brother.  Bet she showered afterwards  to remove Andy's gay from her.

• Love 3

Good question.   I'd like to know that as well because I don't think ratings matter much on Netflix/Amazon and other pay platforms.  

Meanwhile, I liked this:    ‘Fuller House’ Gets Terrible Reviews: 7 Worst Things Critics Have to Say

There's much more detailed deliciousness at the link.    Hahahahaha!  And these aren't from anonymous online tabloid critics but The Washington Post,  my fav TV critic, Richard Lawson for Vanity Fair,  plus publications like VultureEntertainment Weekly, and The A.V. Club. 

Let's all say it together... schadenfreude.  :-) I'll be in hell if you need me

On a side note, when did the R party become associated with religious..... religion? Im sure there are Christian D's, but they don't shove it down other folks' throats.  

• Love 5

Let's all say it together... schadenfreude. :-) I'll be in hell if you need me

On a side note, when did the R party become associated with religious..... religion? Im sure there are Christian D's, but they don't shove it down other folks' throats.

I started noticing the religion stuff right after 9/11.